|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The state was founded in 1697, and represents the
senior-most branch of the Jadeja Rajputs. Rulers were...
- Thakore Sahib
KANYAJI RAVAJI, 1st Thakore Sahib of Morvi
1697/1734, son of Jam Ravaji Rayadhanji of Kutch, married and had
- Kumar Shri Tejmalji Kanyaji, married Kumari Shri
Pamba Sahiba, daughter of Raj Sahib Jaswantsinhji
Gajsinhji of Dhrangadhra,
and his third wife, Rani Phuljiba Sahiba. He died spm.
- Thakore Sahib Aliaji Kanyaji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Bhimji Kanyaji of Gugan, with the
villages of Jetpur [Machhu] and Sultanpur at Morvi.
- Kumar Shri Lakhaji Kanyaji of Lakadia, Nagdavas,
Gharana, Bahadurgadh at Morvi and Manaba (Vagad)
- Kumar Shri Raysangji Kanyaji of Kumbharia (Vagad).
- Thakore Sahib Modaji Kanyaji, founder of Vandhia,
Chitred and Malia.
- Kumar Shri Ranmalji Kanyaji of Kumbharia (Machhu)
and Laliana (Vagad)
- Kumar Shri Ramsangaji Kanyaji of Jangi (Vagad).
ALIAJI KANYAJI, 2nd Thakore Sahib of Morvi
1734/1739, married and had issue.
- Thakore Sahib Ravaji Aliaji I (qv)
- Kumar Shri Hardholji Aliaji
- Kumar Shri Jiyaji Aliaji of Monpar
RAVAJI ALIAJI I, 3rd Thakore Sahib of Morvi
1739/1763, married and had issue.
- Thakore Sahib Panchanji Ravaji (qv)
- Thakore Sahib Waghji Ravaji I (qv)
- Kumar Shri Rayabji Ravaji of Khanpar
- Kumar Shri Ajubhai Ravaji of Mitana
- Kumar Shri Jivanji Ravaji of Lajai
- Kumar Shri Vinoji Ravaji of Sarvad
- Kumar Shri Veroji Ravaji of Deraru
PANCHANJI RAVAJI, 4th Thakore Sahib of Morvi
WAGHJI RAVAJI I, 5th Thakore Sahib of Morvi
1772/1783, married and had issue.
- Kumar Shri Hamirji Waghji
- Thakore Sahib Jyaji Waghji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Devaji Waghji, he was granted the
estate of Sajjanpur, married and had issue (see Sajjanpur).
- Kumar Shri Mehramanji Waghji of Bela
Thakore Sahib JYAJI
WAGHJI, 6th Thakore Sahib of Morvi 1783/1828,
married and had issue.
- Thakore Sahib Prithirajji Jyaji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Mokadji Jyaji of Savdi
PRITHIRAJJI JYAJI, 7th Thakore Sahib of Morvi
RAVAJI II PRITHIRAJJI, 8th Thakore Sahib of
Morvi 1846/1870, married and had issue. He died 1870.
- HH Thakore Sahib Waghji Ravaji II (qv)
- Kumar Shri Harbhamji Ravaji, M.A., LL.B. (Cantab),
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot and Cambridge
University, barrister-at-law, Member of the Foreign
Service in the Berars under the British Government,
Assistant Commissioner, Civil Judge, Prime Minister
of Bharatpur, married and had issue.
- Kumar Shri Ranjitsinhji Harbhamji of
- Kumar Shri Manudada Jadeja of Mota-Khijadia,
acknowledged as the Maharaja of Morvi in 1979,
by the nobles of the former Princely State, as
the nearest heir of the late Maharaja.
- Maharaj Shri Manvendrasinhji Jadeja, married
and had issue.
- Kumar Shri Omkarsinhji Manvendrasinhji
Jadeja of Mota-Khijadia, educated at
Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1964).
- Rajkumari Amrapali Devi, married Kumar
Shri Mayurdhwajsinhji Kishorsinhji Zala of Lakhtar, and
has issue, two daughters.
- Kumar Shri Prabalsinhji Harbhamji Jadeja,
married and had issue.
- Kumari Nirmalkuvarba Jadeja, married Raj Rani
Shri Kanaksinhji Shivsinhji Jhala of Hampur in Dhrangadhra,
and had issue, one son.
- Kumar Shri Parbatsinhji Ravaji of Dharuvnagar
HH Thakore Sahib
WAGHJI II RAVAJI G.C.I.E., 9th Thakore Sahib
of Morvi 1870/1922, born 7th April 1858, K.C.I.E.
[cr.1887], G.C.I.E. [cr.1897], educated at Rajkumar
College, Rajkot; married HH Thakorani Sahiba Bajirajba
of Palitana, and had
issue, as well as issue by secondary wives. He died
11th July 1922 (#1) (or
11th June 1922 (#2)).
- HH Maharaja Shri Sir Lakhdirji Waghji Bahadur (qv)
- Kumar Shri Ajitsinhji Waghji, educated at Harrow
- Kumar Shri Chandrasinhji Waghji
- Kumar Shri Shivsinhji Waghji (by a secondary
wife), married Kumari Jiran Ba of Jaipur, and had
- Kumar Shri Pruthvirajsinhji Shivsinhji Jadeja,
married Kumari Alka Ba, daughter of Capt. Kumar
Shri Raghuraj Sinhji Jhala, and his wife, Kumari
Kusum Mehta, and has issue.
- Kumar Shri Mahipalsinhji Pruthvirajsinhji
Jadeja [Kumar Mahipal Sinh P. Jadeja], married
Kumari Nalini Kuwar Ba, daughter of Thakur
Narender Singhji Rajawat of Thikana Chandroli
near Jaipur, and his wife, Thakurani Puran Kuwar
Ba, daughter of Rao Raja Balwant Singhji
[Lalaji] of Jodhpur.
- Kumar Shri Amarsinhji Waghji Jadeja, married
Kumari Manohar Kumari, daughter of Shri Jaysinhji
Rathore from Jodhpur, and had issue, three sons.
- Kumar Shri Ajitsinhji Amarsinhji Jadeja, married
Kumari Gajendra Rathore of Jhabua.
- Kumar Shri Pritisinhji Amarsinhji Jadeja,
married Kumari Nisha of Mumbai.
- Kumar Shri Dilipsinhji Amarsinhji Jadeja,
married Kumari Seema Ba Dilip Sinh Jadeja,
daughter of Kunwar Shri Narendra Sinhji Tanwar,
and his wife, Kunwarani Sukanya Kumari of
Kurukshetra, and has issue, one daughter.
- Kumari Yasna Ba D. Jadeja
- Kumar Shri Pratapsinhji Waghji Jadeja, married
Kumari P. Jadeja from Jaipur.
HH Maharaja Shri Sir
LAKHDHIRJI WAGHJI Bahadur G.B.E., K.C.S.I.,
10th Thakore Sahib of Morvi 1922/1948, born 26th
December 1876 (#2), he
succeeded to the gadi
on 11th June 1922 (#3 p.314);
educated privately in India and England, G.B.E.,
K.C.S.I. [cr. 1st January 1930], Maharaja [cr.1926],
married (amongst others), HH HH Maharani Suraj Kunverb
Sahiba, daughter of HH Maharawal Shri Mansinhji
Prithvirajji of Baria,
and had issue. He died 4th May 1957.
- HH Maharaja Shri Mahendrasinhji Lakhdhirji Sahib
- Maharajkumar Kalikakumarsinhji Lakhdhirji Jadeja
of Khareda, born 7th November 1918 (#3 p.322), married and had
- Kunwar Shri Shaktisinhji Kalikakumarsinhji
Jadeja of Khareda, educated at Rajkumar College,
- Ranisaheb Shrimant Devyani Raje (née Jadeja),
married Col. Maharaj Ashok Raje of Baroda.
HH Maharaja Shri
MAHENDRASINHJI LAKHDIRJI Sahib Bahadur, 11th
Thakore Sahib of Morvi 1948/1957, born 1st January
1918 (#3 p.322), educated
initially privately at home, then at Rajkumar College,
Rajkot, at Bradfield College, England and at St.
Mary's School, Bombay; he was appointed Joint
President, State Council in 1939 and then President,
State Council in October 1940; married 1stly, 27th
January 1932, HH Maharani Mohini Devi, died 1993,
daughter of Lt.-Col. HH Maharana Shri Sir Vijaysinhji
Chhatrasinhji Sahib of Rajpipla,
married 2ndly, HH Maharani Vijaykunverba, married
3rdly, HH Maharani Sudheer Kunverba, daughter of HH
Maharaja Sahib Indrasinhji Pratapsinhji of Bansda, and had issue.
He died 17th August 1957 at Ascot, Berkshire, U.K.
- HH Maharaja Shri Mayurdhwajsinhji Mahendrasinhji
- Maharajkumari Shrimati Draupati Devi [Meera]
- Maharajkumari Shrimati Uma Devi [Mrs. Uma Dubash]
(by Maharani Vijaykunverba), married Adi Dubash, and
- Maharajkumari Shrimati Raukshani Devi [Mrs. Maya
Patroa] (by Maharani Vijaykunverba), married Roy
Patroa, and has issue, one son.
- Maharajkumari Harshad Purna Devi [The Hon. Mrs.
Browne] (by Maharani Vijaykunverba), born 1952,
married 1981, Hon. Garech Domnagh Browne of the
Lords Oranmore and Browne, born 25th June 1939.
HH Maharaja Shri
MAYURDHWAJSINHJI MAHENDRASINHJI, 12th Thakore
Sahib of Morvi 1957/1978, born 29th November 1953,
died unmarried 22nd August 1978.