|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
A Second Class state founded about 1400. The rulers claim
descent from the Ranas of Chittor about 1300. The founder
of the family was Rana Sujan Singh [or Rana Ajay Singh, ca1340], who came to the Deccan
to find his fortune and was granted this state by
Allauddin Hassan, founder of the Bahmani Kingdom. The Raja
is first in order of precedence within the agency. Rulers
- Rana BHAIRAVJI
[Bosaji], 1st Rana of Mudhol, he was granted the Jagir
of Mudhol, comprising 84 villages on the 25th,
Rabilaval, 800H, with this ruler the
family came to use Bhosale or Bhonsle as a family
name, married and had issue. He died after 800A.H.
- Rana Devraj Singh (qv)
- Shri Karan Singh, died 815A.H.
Rana DEVRAJ SINGH,
2nd Rana of Mudhol c1394/c1420, married and had issue.
He died 825A.H.
- Rana Ugrasen (qv)
- Shri Pratap Singh, died after 1460.
3rd Rana of Mudhol ca1420/1453, married and had issue.
He died 1453.
- Rana Karan Singh (qv)
- Shri Shubha Krishna, he was granted a jagir in
Mirat province, his descendants retained Bhonsle as
their family name and were ancestors of the rulers
of Kolhapur, Nagpur, Sattara and Tanjore.
Rana KARAN SINGH,
4th Rana of Mudhol 1453/1469, married and had issue.
Raja BHIM SINGH,
5th Raja of Mudhol 1469/- , he was granted the title
of Raja Ghorpade Bahadur, henceforth his successors
used Raja as their title, and Ghorpade as their family
name, married and had issue.
- Raja Kheloji Ghorpade (qv)
GHORPADE, 6th Raja of Mudhol -/1514, married
and had issue. He died 1514.
- Raja Maloji Ghorpade I (qv)
GHORPADE I, 7th Raja of Mudhol 1514/-,
married and had issue.
- Raja Akhaisingh Ghorpade (qv)
GHORPADE, 8th Raja of Mudhol -/-, married and
- Raja Karansingh Ghorpade (qv)
- Shri Bhimsingh Ghorpade, died ca1576.
GHORPADE, 9th Raja of Mudhol -/1565, married
and had issue. He died 1565.
- Raja Cholaraj Ghorpade (qv)
GHORPADE, 10th Raja of Mudhol 1565/1578,
received a mansab of 7000 foot, as well as 26
villages in Vijayanagar provinces and 40 more to the
south of Shira, he married and had issue. He died
- Raja Piraji Ghorpade (qv)
- Shri Valabhasinh Cholaraj Ghorpade, ancestor of
the Royal Families of Kapshi and Gajendragad.
- Shri Kanoji Cholaraj Ghorpade, ancestor of the
Rajas of Sandur.
GHORPADE, 11th Raja of Mudhol -/-, married
and had issue.
- Raja Prataprao Ghorpade (qv)
GHORPADE [Nahuji], 12th Raja of Mudhol
-/1645, died 1645.
GHORPADE, 13th Raja of Mudhol 1645/ca1666,
married and had issue, four wives and six sons were
killed about 1666. He was killed about 1666.
- Raja Shrimant Malojirao Ghorpade I (qv)
- Shri Shankroji Ghorpade [Jaisingh], died 1666/1667
MALOJI GHORPADE I, 14th Raja of Mudhol
ca1666/1700, during his rule, the jagir became an
independent state in 1670, married and had issue. He
- Raja Shrimant Akhayajirao Malojirao Ghorpade (qv)
AKHAYAJIRAO MALOJIRAO GHORPADE, 15th Raja of
Mudhol 1700/1734, Governor of Bijapur -/1734, married
and had issue. He died 1734.
- Raja Shrimant Pirajirao Akhayajirao Ghorpade (qv)
- Shri Bajirao Akhayajirao Ghorpade
PIRAJIRAO AKHAYAJIRAO GHORPADE, 16th Raja of
Mudhol 1734/-, married and had issue. He died about
- Raja Shrimant Malojirao Pirajirao Ghorpade III
- Shrimant Sahib Shankrojirao Pirajirao Ghorpade,
received lands in Bilgi, Bidri and Tikota.
- Several Generations
- Raja Shrimant Sankhraji of Bilgi, he died 9th
August 1820 whereupon the jagir was resumed by
the British government (#2).
MALOJIRAO PIRAJIRAO GHORPADE III, 17th Raja
of Mudhol -/1805, Governor of Bijapur 1738/-, married
(a), a Rajput lady, married (b), another Rajput lady,
married (c), a lady from Pole, married (d), a lady
from Kathiawar, married (e), a Parmar lady, and
married (f), a Solanki lady, and had issue. He died
- Shrimant Sahib Govindrao Raje Malojirao Ghorpade
(by 1st wife), married and had issue. He died about
- Raja Shrimant Narayanrao Govindrao Ghorpade (qv)
- Shrimant Sahib Maharrao Malojirao Ghorpade (by 1st
wife), he was granted the estate of of Machaknur,
married Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Gunwantabai
Saheb, died after 1832.
- Shrimant Sahib Bajirao Malojirao Ghorpade (by 2nd
- Shrimant Sahib Ranojirao Malojirao Ghorpade (by
3rd wife), married and had issue. He died 1779.
- Shrimant Sahib Nahirjirao Ranojirao Ghorpade, he
was granted the Jagir of Padsalgi.
NARAYANRAO GOVINDRAO GHORPADE, 18th Raja of
Mudhol 1805/1815, married 1stly, a Solanki Rani
(Senior Queen), married 2ndly, a Parmar Rani (Junior
Queen), and had issue. He died 1815.
- Raja Shrimant Vyankatrao Narayanrao Ghorpade I (by
1st wife) (qv)
- Shrimant Sahib Laxmanrao Ghorpade (by 1st wife),
married Rani Laxmi Bai Saheb, married and had issue.
He died after 1845.
- Shrimant Sahib Govindrao Ghorpade (by 2nd wife),
eldest son, though by the Junior Queen, contested
the succession unsuccessfully, died 1818 at the
Battle of Ashtee (#3).
VYANKATRAO NARAYANRAO GHORPADE I, 19th Raja
of Mudhol 1815/1854, married and had issue. He died
- Raja Shrimant Balwantrao Vyankatrao Ghorpade (qv)
BALWANTRAO VYANKATRAO GHORPADE, 20th Raja of
Mudhol 1854/1862, born 1843, married 1857, a daughter
of the Chief of Torgal, and his wife, Rani Ahilya Bai
Sahib, and had issue. He died 1862.
- HH Raja Shrimant Meherban Vyankatrao Balwantrao
Raje Ghorpade [Bala Saheb] (qv)
- Rani Radhabai Sahib, born 1861, married Meherban
Raja Shrimantmanya Rajashri Jaisinhrao Narayanrao
[Abasaheb] Ghatge Sarjerao Vajarat-ma-ab, 4th Chief
of Kagal-Senior, and
had issue. She died 1877.
HH Raja Shrimant
Meherban VYANKATRAO II BALWANTRAO RAJE alias BALA
SAHEB GHORPADE, 21st Raja of Mudhol
1862/1900, born 9th April 1861, succeeded 27th March
1862 (#1), educated at
Rajkumar College, Rajkot; established a regular system
of government in the State, married and had issue. He
- HH Raja Shrimant Meherban Sir Malojirao Vyankatrao
Ghorpade IV [Nana Saheb] (qv)
- Rajkumar Laxman Singh, died after 1938.
Hon. 2nd Lt. HH Raja
Shrimant Meherban Sir MALOJIRAO IV VYANKATRAO alias NANA
SAHEB GHORPADE K.C.I.E., 22nd Raja of Mudhol
1900/1937 (abdicated), born 1884, he was invested with
ruling powers in 1904 (#7 p.19),
Honorary 2nd Lieutenant Indian Army, served with the
British Forces in Egypt 1914/1918; Member of the
Chamber of Princes; he was granted the title of Raja
as a hereditary distinction on 3rd June 1922; K.C.I.E.
[cr.1920], married 1stly, a sister of Col. HH Maharaja
Shri Sir Udajirao II Puar Bahadur of Dhar, married 2ndly,
Shrimati Soubhagyavati Parvati Devi Ranisaheb,
daughter of Kumar Shri Mohabatsinhji of Moda near
Jamnagar, and had issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Lt. HH Raja Shrimant Bhairavsinhrao Malojirao
Ghorpade II (qv)
Lt. HH Raja
Shrimant BHAIRAVSINHRAO MALOJIRAO GHORPADE II,
23rd and last Raja of Mudhol 1937/1984, born 15th
October 1929 (#6)
and succeeded on the abdication of his father on 9th
November 1937 (#4, #6) as the 23rd Raja of Mudhol
and was invested with full ruling powers on 10th July
1947, educated at Westgate-on-Sea, England, at Shri
Shivaji Preparatory Military School, Poona and at The
Doon School, Dehra Dun from, February 1941; he was
appointed a Lieutenant in the Indian Army; married
1stly, 12th March 1948, Shrimant Soubhagyavati Rani
Pramila Raje of Rajkot, ?married 2ndly, Rani Indira
Raje, and had issue. He died 1984 in a car accident.
- Rajkumari Menaka Raje Bhonsle