RULER: Thakur TEJ SINGH, present Thakur Sahib of Mundota
born 28th December 1937 in Peelwa, Jodhpur, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer and St. Xavier's College, graduated from Maharaja's College,
Amateur Pilot and Army Officer (retired); married 14th July 1958,
Thakurani Tej Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Baal Singh, Thakur Sahib of Ladnu, and has
issue, two daughters.
- Baisa Alka Tejsingh, married Kunwar Vikram Singh Rathore of
Peeh-Thawla, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Bhanwar Digvijaya Singh, born
14th October 1993, educated at Woodstock School, Mussoorie, presently
(2012) pursuing a course in hospitality at Les Roches International
School of Hospitality, Switzerland (2011-2015)
- Bhanwar Baisa Divyakriti Singh, born 22nd October
1999, presently (2012) studying at Mayo College, Ajmer.
- Baisa Mahendra Kanwar, married Major Digvijay Singh Sumal
of Keda near Meerut, died 2000 at Uri in Kashmir, and has issue, one
- Devayani Singh, born 12th June 1998, presently
(2012) studying at Mayo College, Ajmer.
Colonel Thakur Sooraj Singh
Thakur Krishan Pratap Singh
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: This
estate is a Bawni and Double Tazimi Jagir of Jaipur State, and was
granted to Thakur Jaswant Singh, a great grandson of Maharaja
Prithviraj of Jaipur. Rulers were ...
- Thakur JASWANT SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota, he
succeeded to the estate of Mundota, married and had issue, seven sons
(one grandson, Jagbhan died in Kabul whilst fighting for the Mughal
- Thakur SURTAN SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota,
married Thakurani Surtan Kanwar, became sati, (their cenotaph
can still be seen in Mundota), and had issue. He died in the battle of
- Thakur INDER SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota, married
and had issue, four sons.
- Thakur RAGHUNATH SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota,
married and had issue. He died in the battle of Mawanda.
- Thakur SARDAR SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota
- Thakur BIJAY SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota, he is
renowned for unparalleled bravery in the battle of Kushtaal Pancholas
in 1730; married and had issue.
- Thakur JODH SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota
- Thakur BHAIRON SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota, he is
credited with having built the second fort in Mundota in 1775.
- Thakur SALEM SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota, married
a Thakurani of Kathda.
- Thakur CHAND SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota, married
a Thakurani of Manowara.
- Thakur DURJANSAL SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota,
married Thakurani Chandawatji of Nokha.
- Thakur MADHO SINGHJI, Thakur Sahib of Mundota,
married 1stly, Thakurani Jadoniji from Etmadpur near Agra, married
2ndly, Thakurani Jodhiji from Ralawata, married 3rdly, Thakurani
Kaanlotji from Lamba, and had issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Thakur Rewat Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Fateh Singhji, married and had issue, four sons.
- Col. Thakur Sooraj Singh, he joined the Indian Army and
served with the 61st Cavalry, he saw action in World War II and was
A.D.C. to His Highness Sawai Maan Singhji II, Maharaja of Jaipur; he was promoted to the rank of Captain on 1st April 1951; he
married and had issue, one son and two daughters.
- Thakur Krishan Pratap Singh
- Baisa Padmini Kumari
- Baisa Bhawana Kumari
- Baisa Gopal Kanwar, married Thakur Sahib Sher
Singh, Tazim Naresh of Panch Mahal Maroth, Thakur of Jiliya, and had issue.
- Thakur REWAT SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota, married
1stly, Thakurani Guman Kanwar of Dhamli, married 2ndly, Thakurani Gulab
Kanwar, daughter of Rao Kesari Singhji of Piploda,
and had issue.
- Kunwar Devi Singh, died aged in his teens.
- Col. Thakur Lakshman Singh (qv)
- Baisa Brij Kanwar, married Thakur Sher Singh of Dhankoli.
- Baisa Jatan Kanwar, married Thakur Bhairon Singh of Barkana.
- Col. Thakur LAKSHMAN SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota,
educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; during WW II he was posted in Italy as
an officer of the Sawai Man Guard and later the Kacchawa Horse, he was
the first officer to join the newly formed 61 Cavalry of the Indian
Army at Gwalior; married Thakurani Saiyar Kanwar, daughter of Thakur
Inder Singh of Peelwa, and had issue.
- Thakur Tej Singh (qv)
- Baisa Sajjan Kanwar, married Thakur Takhat Singh of Chandelao, and has issue.
- Thakur TEJ SINGH, Thakur Sahib of Mundota (see