LOCATION: Punjab (Kangra Dist.) AREA: 315.0 km≤ VILLAGES: 22 POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs ~50,000 (1939) DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Katoch SEAT: xx ACCESSION: xx
PRESENT RULER: Raja Shri MAHESHWAR CHAND KATOCH, 6th Raja of Nadaun since 1970.
born 1952, educated at the Doon School, Dehradun.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Founded by a grant to Raja Jodhbir Chand in 1823, son of Raja Sansar Chand II of Kangra, by his Gaddi wife. Estate holders were...
- Raja Sir JODHBIR CHAND
K.C.S.I., 1st Raja of Nadaun 1823/1873, born 1815, he was
granted the title of Raja and the taluqa of Nadaun for his
family's maintenance in 1823, by Maharaja Ranjit Singh; in
1846 as a result of the first Sikh War the territory came
under the dominion of the British, who granted a sanad in favour of the
Raja, in recognition of his services, the jagir worth Rs26,270
was confirmed to him and he was also acknowledged as head of
his branch of the family; in 1848, after the second Sikh War,
he was granted a fresh sanad by the British in respect of the
jagir of Nadaun, he was awarded the K.C.S.I. in 1868 for his
military services; married and had issue. He died 1873.
- Raja Amar Chand (qv)
- Mian Prithi Singh, born 1838, he was awarded the Order of
Merit for his contyributions during the Mutiny; married and
had issue. He died 1907.
- Kunwar Oman Chand, born 1888, married and had issue.
- Mian Hari Singh, born 1840, anExtra Assistant Commissioner
of the Punjab, died 1903.
- Mian Sher Singh, born 1844, an Assistant District
Superintendant of Police in the Punjab, married and has
issue, three sons. He died 1900.
- Kunwar Jit Singh, born 1867, married and had issue.
- Kunwar (name unknown) Singh, born 1891.
- Kunwar Kehar Singh, born 1870.
- Kunwar Keshari Singh, born 1887.
- Mian Suchet Singh, born 1848, married and has issue. He
- Kunwar Khushal Singh, born 1875, died 1908.
- Kunwar Basant Singh, born 1879, died 1897.
- Kunwar Thakur Chand, born 1886, died 1908.
- Mian Chet Singh, born 1849, died 1869.
- Mian Ishri Singh, born 1851, married and had issue. He
- Hon. Lieutenant Kunwar Barham Chand, born 1888, married and had issue, four sons.
- Raja AMAR CHAND, 2nd
Raja of Nadaun 1873/1890, born 1837, he was appointed an
Honorary Magistrate and Civil Judge within the limits of his
jagir; married a niece of the Raja of Jasrota, and had issue.
He died 1890.
- Raja Narendra Chand (qv)
- Raja NARENDRA CHAND, 3rd Raja of Nadaun 1890/1934, born 1860, 4th Viceregal Darbari of the province; an Honorary Magistrate and Munsif, 1st Class; he was made a C.S.I. in 1907, the title of Raja was conferred as a hereditary distinction on 15th March 1909 by the Viceroy, married (amongst others) (a), 1873, the daughter of Rana Karam Chand of Jubbal, married (b), a Rani from Mankot, and had issue. He died 1934.
- Raja Mahendra Chand (qv)
- Kunwar Devi Chand, born 1892.
- Kunwar Nawal Kishor Chand, born 1895.
- Kunwar Khargendra Chand, born 1913, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Pratap Chand Katoch, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Joginder Chand Katoch, married and is settled in Haridwar.
- Kanwar Bhim Chand, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Virender Chand Katoch, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Hitender Chand Katoch, presently employed as a Senior Engineer with Amtek India Ltd., Bjiwadi; married Kanwarani Usha, and has issue.
- Kanwar Hitesh Chand Katoch, born 14th November 1991 in Nadaun, H.P., educated at Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering and Technology, P.T.U. Campus, Bathinda, P.B., graduating with a B.E. in Civil Engineering, work with Larsen & Toubro Contruction Ltd. as a Graduate Engineer Trainee and presently (2015) working with Amtek India Ltd. Bjiwadi as a senior Engineer
- Kumari Neha Katoch, presently (2015) undertaking a M.C.A. degree in her final semester at I.E.T. Bhadal, Rupnagar, Punjab.
- Raja MAHENDRA CHAND,
4th Raja of Nadaun 1934/1935, born 1888, married 1stly, a
daughter of the Raja of Nalagarh, married 2ndly, another
daughter of the Raja of Nalagarh, married 3rdly, the elder
daughter of Raja Durga Singh of Bhajji,
married 4thly, the younger daughter of Raja Durga Singh of Bhajji, and had issue, as well
as further issue. He died 1935.
- Raja Rajendra Chand (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Kunwar Gajendra Chand (by 4th wife), born 1920, married Kunwarani Puran Devi, daughter of a Mian of Anu, Hamirpur, and has issue, two daughters.
- Kumari Kusum Prabha, married Kunwar Jagdish Jamwal, and has issue, two daughters.
- Kumari Vijaylaxmi, married Thakur Nakul Dev Rana, Zamindar of Garhshankar, and has issue.
- Kunwar Upendra Chand (by 4th wife), born 1922, married 1945, Kumari Sheela Devi, born 1927, died 1979, daughter of Kanwar Kesari Singh of Chamba, and has issue.
- Kumari Surya Prabha, married and had issue, a son and a daughter. She died in 1998.
- Kumari Veena Prabha, married and has issue, two sons and a daughter.
- Kumari Vinod Prabha, married to Kunwar Anoop Singh of Nahan, and had issue. She died 1996.
- Kumari Chandra Prabha, married and had issue, a
daughter. She died 2005.
- Kunwar Kuldeep Chand, married Kunwarani Sunita devi, and has issue.
- Kumari Aishwarya Prabha
- Kunwar Mahi Pal Chand
- Kumari Santosh Prabha
- Rajkumari Rajeshwari Bala Sundari (by 4th wife), married Lt.-Col. Ghandarva Singh Charak, son of Chatur Singh (Governor of Gilligut hajari, Bazestan for Jammu and Kashmir State), and has issue, four daughters.
- Kunwarani Neena Hada, married Kunwar Raghuvir
Singh of Dabri Thikana, Kotah, and has issue.
- Monisha Singh, married Prakash Diwan of Baroda, Gujarat, and has issue.
- Akshay Singh Hada, born 15th nov 1978, married, Sapna Vaid, Managing Director Nano IT consulting, and has issue.
- Kunwarani Indira Jamwal, married Kunwar Duleep Singh of the Bazir family of Jammu and Kashmir, and has issue.
- Harshvardhan Singh Jamwal, born 2nd August 1979, currently (2011) working for Tata Tea, Golaghat, Darjeeling.
- Kamda Singh, born 30th November 1983, educated at St. Mary Presentation School in Jammu, a graduate in journalism, married Capt. Bhawani Singh Ranawat, born 13th January 1983.
- Kunwarani Shalini Hada, married Kunwar Hukum
Singh of Dabri Thikana (younger brother of Kunwar
Raghubir Singh, above), and has issue.
- Reetika Singh, educated at Fravashi Academy, graduated from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai; married Kunwar Bhagyaveer Singh Ranawat of Karjali in Udaipur, currently (2011) working with Balaji films, Mumbai.
- Utsav Singh Hada, graduated from IHM (Mumbai); currently (2011) working for Balaji films, Mumbai.
- Kumari Amita, married Suhas Khastriye of Nasik, industrialist and hotelier, and has issue.
- Nikita Singh Kshatriye, educated at Fravashi Academy.
- Dhruv Singh Kshatriye, educated at Fravashi
Academy, graduated in Hotel management from Dukeís
university (USA) and currently (2011) studying at
Stanford University, California.
- Rajkumari Tripu Bala Sundari (by 3rd wife), married Capt. Thakur Man Singh Chauhan of Pauri-Garhwal, Uttaranchal (son of Thakur Dr. Devi Singh, served in the British Army under the Gurkha Regiment); educated at Chiefs College, Lahore and agraduate in Law, and had issue.
- Kunwar Kiran Dev Pal Singh Chauhan, born 4th July 1957 at Agra, M.A. (English, Honours), currently holding the office of Assistant Excise and Taxation Commissioner, Department of Excise and Taxation, Government of Himachal Pradesh, married 5th December 1981 at Mukerian, Punjab, Kunwarani Chitter Rekha Chauhan, daughter of Kunwar Yudhvir Singh Guleria (served as officer in King Georgeís Commission and later served as Forest Officer for the Punjab Government, son of Sardar Inder Singh Guleria) and his wife, Kunwarani Sushila Kumari of Mirthal, and has issue.
- Kumari Ambika Singh Chauhan, born 12th October 1982, public school educated, received her degree in Architecture in 2005 and a Masterís degree in Interior design from the University of Westminster, London as well as her diploma in business administration from Chennai, India; worked as assistant architect with international practices in India and London for 3 years and is currently (2011) teaching at the Department of Architecture, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (H.P.).
- Kumari Vandana Singh Chauhan, born 19th November 1985, educated at Army Public school, graduated in Law (Honours) from Shimla University and has also completed short courses in Industrial relations and personnel management, and International Business Management from Chennai, India as well as a Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights from WIPO; currently (2011) pursuing LL.M. from Kurukshetra University.
- Kumari Ripunjaya Kumari Chauhan, born 7th October 1988, educated at Army Public school, graduated in Economics (Honours) from St. Bedes College, Shimla and currently (2011) undertaking a Masters degree in Economics (Honours) from Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Kunwar Raghavendra Pal Singh Chauhan, born 18th February 1999, presently (2011) studying at Army Public School.
- Kunwar Sohan Singh (by a secondary wife), married Kunwarani Durga Devi, daughter of the Chief Kotwal of Nadaun Forts, and has issue, three sons and four daughters.
- Kunwar Keshav Chand, born 1956, worked with C.I.S.F.,
married Kunwarani Neena Katoch, and had issue, two
daughters. He died 1988.
- Kumari Shabnam, married Naval Officer Sanjay Singh Jaswal of Tilla.
- Kumari Rita, married Sandeep Pathania of Fatehpur, works with Metlife, Mumbai.
- Kuwar Kameshwar Chand, born 16th October 1958, married Kunwarani Rajesh Kumari, and has issue.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh, born 17th July 1986, a commerce graduate, currently (2011) works with Honda.
- Kumari Avantika, born 8th September 1989, currently undertaking an M.B.A. from Punjab Technical University.
- Kunwar Gagan Chand, born 29th August 1963, married Kunwarani Kamlesh Kumari, and has issue.
- Kunwar Uday Singh, born 25th February 1992.
- Kunwar Abhey Singh, born 5th February 1995.
- Kumari Prem Lata, married Surup Singh Pathania, and has issue.
- Ashok Kumar
- Suman Lata, married Satish Kumar.
- Kumari Madhu Lata, married Nihal Singh Guleria, and has issue.
- Hitender Singh, married Sunita Devi.
- Sonia Kumari, married Aman Chandel.
- Renuka Kumari, married Kamal Pal.
- Kumari Sunita, married Surjit Singh Jamwal, and has
- Shailja Kumari, married.
- Priyanka Kumari, married Pankaj Rana.
- Arun Jamwal, undertaking a B.Tech. degree from Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
- Varun Jamwal, undertaking a B.Tech. degree from Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
- Kumari Anjana, married Balvinder Singh Guleria, and has issue.
- Shivani Kumari
- Himani Kumari
- Ankush Singh Guleria
- Raja RAJENDRA CHAND, 5th Raja of Nadaun 1935/1970, born 1908, he was installed on the gadi in February 1936, married 1stly, Rani Shiv Kumari, daughter of Kunwar Shambhu Singh, Zamindar of Narauli, Moradabad District, U.P., married 2ndly, Rani Vidya Devi, educated at St. Bede's College, Shimla, daughter of the Thakur of Theog, and had issue. He died 1970.
- Raja Shri Maheshwar Chand (by Rani Vidya Devi) (qv)
- Rajkumari Chandra Prabha (by Rani Shiv Kumari), born 1943
in Lahore, India, married 11th May 1963, Kunwar Sachindra
Singh of Doonga in Dehradun District, and has issue. (19/1
Subhash Road, Doonga House, Dehra Dun, Uttaranchal, India)
- Kumari Shailini Kumari, born 11th August 1964, married Kunwar Yudhister Pal of Kutlehar, and has issue, two sons.
- Akshay Pal, born 28th December 1985, educated
at Mayo College, Ajmer, presently working as a
Software Engineer with Infosys, Pune.
- Abhimanyu Pal, born 25th March 1991, educated
at Mayo College, Ajmer and is presently undertaking a
Law degree from Symbiosis University, Pune.
- Kumari Ragni Kumari, born 22nd January 1966,
married Shri Devendra Paul C.A., and has issue. (London,
- Aparna Singh, born 9th December 1988; educated at Welham Girl's School and is presently undertaking a course in Political Science at L.S.R. College, New Delhi.
- Kumari Malini Kumari, born 14th April 1967,
married Kunwar Kirnesh Jung Chauhan of Haripur and
Ganguwala, H.P., and has issue, two sons.
- Akhilesh Jung Chauhan, born 20th March 1991, educated at Welham Boys School, Dehra Dun and is presently (2010) studying at Jaypee University, Wanganaghat, H.P.
- Arikesh Jung Chauhan, born 24th April 1996, presently studying at Welham Boys School, Dehra Dun.
- Kunwar Atendra Singh, born 17th February 1970, married Kunwarani Rachna Kumari, daughter of Shri Ramrakash Pal Singh of Behmet, Dehradun District, and has issue, a son and daughter.
- Avantika Singh, born 14th October 1998, presently studying at Welham Girls School, Dehra Dun.
- Amritesh Singh, born 27th July 2003, presently attending the Riverdale Prep. School, Dehra Dun.
- Kunwar Agendra Singh, born 3rd December 1971,
married Kanwarani Jyoti Singh, daughter of Thakur Sahib
Gopal Singh of Bilara, Jodhpur, and has issue, two
- Arukshita Kumari, born 15th July 2004, presently attending ApeeJay School, New Delhi.
- Aadhya Kumari, born 2007.
- Raja Shri MAHESHWAR CHAND
KATOCH (see above)