|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Estate
- Raja Sir JODHBIR CHAND,
1st Raja of Nadaun 1823/1873, son of Raja Sansar Chand II
born 1815, he was granted the jagir of Nadaun for his family's
maintenance; in 1846 as a
result of the first Sikh War the territory came under the
dominion of the British, who granted a sanad in favour of the Raja, in
recognition of his services; in 1848, after the second Sikh War, he was
granted a fresh sanad by the
British in respect of the jagir of Nadaun, married and
- Raja Amar Chand (qv)
- Mian Prithi Singh, born 1838, married and had issue. He
- Kunwar Oman Chand, born 1888.
- Mian Hari Singh, born 1840, Extra Assistant Commissioner
Punjab, died 1903.
- Mian Sher Singh, born 1844, Assistant District
Police in the
Punjab, married and has issue, three sons. He died 1900.
- Kunwar Jit Singh, born 1867, married and had issue.
- Kunwar (name unknown) Singh, born 1891.
- Kunwar Kehar Singh, born 1870.
- Kunwar Keshari Singh, born 1887.
- Mian Suchet Singh, born 1848, married and has issue. He
- Kunwar Khushal Singh, born 1875, died 1908.
- Kunwar Basant Singh, born 1879, died 1897.
- Kunwar Thakur Chand, born 1886, died 1908.
- Mian Chet Singh, born 1849, died 1869.
- Mian Ishri Singh, born 1851, married and had issue. He
- Kunwar Barham Chand, born 1888, married and had issue.
- Raja AMAR CHAND,
2nd Raja of Nadaun 1873/1890, born 1837, married a niece of
the Raja of Jasrota, and had issue. He died 1890.
- Raja NARENDRA CHAND,
3rd Raja of Nadaun 1890/1924, born 1860, C.S.I. [cr.1907],
title of Raja
was conferred as a hereditary distinction on 15th March 1909 by the
married (amongst others) (a), 1873, the daughter of Rana Karam Chand of
married (b), a Rani from Mankot, and had issue. He died 1924.
- Raja Mahendra Chand (qv)
- Kunwar Devi Chand, born 1892.
- Kunwar Nawal Kishor Chand, born 1895.
- Kunwar Khargendra Chand, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Pratap Chand Katoch, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Joginder Chand Katoch, married and is settled
- Kanwar Bhim Chand, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Virender Chand Katoch, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Hitender Chand Katoch, married Kanwarani Usha,
and has issue.
- Kanwar Hitesh Chand Katoch, born 14th November 1991
in Nadau, H.P., presently undertaking a Bachelor of Technology in Civil
Engineering from Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering and
Technology, Bathinda, P.B.
- Kumari Neha Katoch, presently undertaking a B.C.A.
from Punjab Technical University in Rayat Institute of Management,
- Raja MAHENDRA CHAND,
4th Raja of Nadaun 1924/1935, born 1888, married 1stly,
a Princess of Nalagarh, married 2ndly, the elder
daughter of Raja Durga Singh of Bhajji,
married 3rdly, the younger daughter
of Raja Durga Singh of Bhajji, and had
issue, as well as further issue. He died 1935.
- Raja Rajendra Chand (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Kunwar Gajendra Chand (by 3rd wife), married Kunwarani
Puran Devi, daughter of a Mian of Anu, Hamirpur, and has issue, two
- Kumari Kusum Prabha, married Kunwar Jagdish Jamwal, and
issue, two daughters.
- Kumari Vijaylaxmi, married Thakur Nakul Dev Rana,
Zamindar of Garhshankar, and has issue.
- Kunwar Upendra Chand (by 3rd wife), born 1922, married
1945, Kumari Sheela Devi, born 1927, died 1979, daughter of Kanwar
Kesari Singh of Chamba, and has issue.
- Kumari Surya Prabha, married and had issue, a son and a
daughter. She died in 1998.
- Kumari Veena Prabha, married and has issue, two sons
- Kumari Vinod Prabha, married to Kunwar Anoop Singh of
had issue. She died 1996.
- Kumari Chandra Prabha, married and had issue, a
daughter. She died 2005.
- Kunwar Kuldeep Chand, married Kunwarani Sunita devi,
and has issue.
- Kumari Aishwarya Prabha
- Kunwar Mahi Pal Chand
- Kumari Santosh Prabha
- Rajkumari Rajeshwari Bala Sundari (by 3rd wife), married
Lt.-Col. Ghandarva Singh Charak, son of Chatur Singh (Governor
of Gilligut hajari, Bazestan for Jammu and Kashmir State), and has
issue, four daughters.
- Kunwarani Neena Hada, married Kunwar Raghuvir
Singh of Dabri Thikana, Kotah, and has issue.
- Monisha Singh, married Prakash Diwan of
Baroda, Gujarat, and has issue.
- Akshay Singh Hada, born 15th nov 1978,
Vaid, Managing Director Nano IT consulting,
and has issue.
- Kunwarani Indira Jamwal, married Kunwar Duleep
Singh of the Bazir family of Jammu and Kashmir, and has issue.
- Harshvardhan Singh Jamwal, born 2nd August
1979, currently (2011) working for Tata Tea, Golaghat, Darjeeling.
- Kamda Singh, born 30th November 1983, educated
at St. Mary
Presentation School in Jammu, a graduate in journalism, married
Bhawani Singh Ranawat, born 13th January 1983.
- Kunwarani Shalini Hada, married Kunwar Hukum
Singh of Dabri Thikana (younger brother of Kunwar Raghubir Singh,
above), and has issue.
- Reetika Singh, educated at Fravashi Academy,
graduated from H.R.
College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai; married Kunwar Bhagyaveer
Singh Ranawat of Karjali in Udaipur,
currently (2011) working with Balaji
- Utsav Singh Hada, graduated from IHM (Mumbai);
currently (2011) working for Balaji films, Mumbai.
- Kumari Amita, married Suhas Khastriye of Nasik,
industrialist and hotelier, and has issue.
- Nikita Singh Kshatriye, educated at Fravashi
- Dhruv Singh Kshatriye, educated at Fravashi
Academy, graduated in Hotel management from Duke’s university (USA) and
currently (2011) studying at Stanford University, California.
- Rajkumari Tripu Bala Sundari (by 3rd wife), married Capt.
Singh Chauhan of
Pauri-Garhwal, Uttaranchal (son of Thakur Dr. Devi Singh, served in the
British Army under the Gurkha Regiment); educated at Chiefs College,
and agraduate in Law, and had issue.
- Kunwar Kiran Dev Pal Singh Chauhan,
1957 at Agra, M.A.
(English, Honours), currently holding the office of Assistant Excise
Taxation Commissioner, Department of Excise and Taxation, Government of
Himachal Pradesh, married 5th December 1981 at Mukerian, Punjab,
Chitter Rekha Chauhan, daughter of Kunwar Yudhvir Singh Guleria (served as officer in King George’s Commission and
later served as Forest Officer for the Punjab Government, son of Sardar
Singh Guleria) and his wife, Kunwarani Sushila Kumari of
and has issue.
- Kumari Ambika Singh Chauhan,
born 12th October 1982, public school educated,
received her degree in
Architecture in 2005 and a Master’s degree in Interior design from the
University of Westminster, London as well as her diploma in business
administration from Chennai, India; worked as assistant architect with
international practices in India and London for 3 years and is
(2011) teaching at the Department of Architecture, National Institute
- Kumari Vandana Singh Chauhan,
born 19th November 1985, educated at Army
Public school, graduated in Law
(Honours) from Shimla University and has also completed short courses
relations and personnel management, and International Business
Management from Chennai, India as well as a Diploma in Intellectual
Property Rights from WIPO; currently (2011) pursuing LL.M. from
- Kumari Ripunjaya Kumari Chauhan,
born 7th October 1988, educated at Army Public
school, graduated in Economics
(Honours) from St. Bedes College, Shimla and currently (2011)
Masters degree in Economics (Honours) from Punjab University,
- Kunwar Raghavendra Pal Singh
Chauhan, born 18th February 1999, presently
(2011) studying at Army Public School.
- Kunwar Sohan Singh (by a secondary wife), married
Kunwarani Durga Devi, daughter of the Chief Kotwal of Nadaun Forts, and
has issue, three sons and four daughters.
- Kunwar Keshav Chand, born 1956, worked with C.I.S.F.,
married Kunwarani Neena Katoch, and had issue, two daughters. He died
- Kumari Shabnam, married Naval Officer Sanjay Singh
Jaswal of Tilla.
- Kumari Rita, married Sandeep Pathania of Fatehpur,
works with Metlife, Mumbai.
- Kuwar Kameshwar Chand, born 16th October 1958, married
Kunwarani Rajesh Kumari, and has issue.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh, born 17th July 1986, a commerce
graduate, currently (2011) works with Honda.
- Kumari Avantika, born 8th September 1989, currently
undertaking an M.B.A. from Punjab Technical University.
- Kunwar Gagan Chand, born 29th August 1963, married
Kunwarani Kamlesh Kumari, and has issue.
- Kunwar Uday Singh, born 25th February 1992.
- Kunwar Abhey Singh, born 5th February 1995.
- Kumari Prem Lata, married Surup Singh Pathania, and has
- Suman Lata, married Satish Kumar.
- Kumari Madhu Lata, married Nihal Singh Guleria, and has
- Hitender Singh, married Sunita Devi.
- Sonia Kumari, married Aman Chandel.
- Renuka Kumari, married Kamal Pal.
- Kumari Sunita, married Surjit Singh Jamwal, and has
- Priyanka Kumari, married Pankaj Rana.
- Arun Jamwal, undertaking a B.Tech. degree from
Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
- Varun Jamwal, undertaking a B.Tech. degree
from Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
- Kumari Anjana, married Balvinder Singh Guleria, and has
- Raja RAJENDRA CHAND,
5th Raja of Nadaun 1935/1970, born 1908, married 1stly,
Rani Shiv Kumari, daughter of Kunwar Shambhu Singh, Zamindar of
Narauli, Moradabad District, U.P., married 2ndly, Rani Vidya Devi,
educated at St. Bede's College, Shimla, daughter of the Thakur of Theog,
issue. He died 1970.
- Raja Shri Maheshwar Chand (by Rani Vidya Devi) (qv)
- Rajkumari Chandra Prabha (by Rani Shiv Kumari), born 1943
in Lahore, India, married 11th May 1963, Kunwar Sachindra Singh of
Doonga in Dehradun District, and has issue. (19/1 Subhash Road,
Doonga House, Dehra
Dun, Uttaranchal, India)
- Kumari Shailini Kumari, born 11th August 1964,
Kunwar Yudhister Pal of Kutlehar, and
has issue, two sons.
- Akshay Pal, born 28th December 1985, educated
at Mayo College, Ajmer, presently working as a Software Engineer with
- Abhimanyu Pal, born 25th March 1991, educated
at Mayo College, Ajmer and is presently undertaking a Law degree from
Symbiosis University, Pune.
- Kumari Ragni Kumari, born 22nd January 1966,
married Shri Devendra Paul C.A., and has issue. (London, U.K.)
Singh, born 9th December 1988; educated at Welham Girl's School and is
presently undertaking a course in Political Science at L.S.R. College,
- Kumari Malini Kumari, born 14th April 1967,
married Kunwar Kirnesh Jung Chauhan
of Haripur and Ganguwala, H.P., and has issue, two sons.
- Akhilesh Jung Chauhan, born
20th March 1991, educated at Welham Boys School,
Dehra Dun and is presently (2010) studying at Jaypee University,
- Arikesh Jung Chauhan,
born 24th April 1996, presently studying at Welham Boys School, Dehra
- Kunwar Atendra Singh, born 17th February 1970,
married Kunwarani Rachna
Kumari, daughter of Shri
Ramrakash Pal Singh of Behmet, Dehradun District, and has issue, a son
- Avantika Singh, born 14th October 1998,
presently studying at Welham Girls School, Dehra Dun.
Singh, born 27th July 2003, presently attending the Riverdale Prep.
- Kunwar Agendra Singh, born 3rd December 1971,
married Kanwarani Jyoti Singh, daughter of Thakur Sahib Gopal Singh of
Bilara, Jodhpur, and has issue, two daughters.
- Arukshita Kumari, born 15th July 2004,
presently attending ApeeJay School, New Delhi.
- Aadhya Kumari, born 2007.
- Raja Shri MAHESHWAR CHAND
KATOCH (see above)