|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Rasul
Khan, a Pathan, was granted a commission by Emperor Shah Jahan of
Delhi, and received five villages and a share of the revenue of a tract
of land, which formed the nucleus of the estate in 1632. Estate holders
- Jehan Khan, married and had issue. He fl.1650
- Mohammad Khan, married and had issue.
- Mahamud Khan, married and had issue.
- Raja KARAM KHAN,
Raja of Nanpara, he was granted the title of Raja by Nawab
Shuja-ud-Daula in 1763.
- Raja MUSTAFA KHAN,
Raja of Nanpara -/1777, died 1777 in Lucknow.
- Raja SALEH KHAN,
Raja of Nanpara 1777/1790, died 1790.
- Raja MADAR BAKASH,
Raja of Nanpara 1790/1807, married and had issue. He died 1807.
- Raja Munawwer Ali Khan (qv)
- Raja MUNAWWER ALI KHAN,
Raja of Nanpara 1807/1847, born 1806, married 1stly Rani (name
unknown) of Charda, married 2ndly, 1847, Rani Zeenat Begum [Umrao
Jaan], daughter of Nawab Mahdi Quli Khan, a General in the Awadh army,
and had issue. He died 1847.
- Raja Jang Bahadur Khan (by the Charda Rani) (qv)
- Raja Sir JANG BAHADUR KHAN,
Raja of Nanpara 1847/1902, born 1845 (#1),
Raja (Hereditary) [cr. 24.12.1877] (#2),
K.C.I.E., C.I.E. [cr.1886], Honorary Magistrate; married 1868, Rani
Sultan Shaan Begum, younger daughter of Nawab Mahdi Quli Khan, General
in the Awadh army, and had issue. He died 1st May 1902.
- Raja Mohammed Siddiq Khan (by Rani Sultan Shah Begum) (qv)
- Rani Kaniz Begum, born 16th February 1866, married Raja
Mumtaz Ali Khan of Atraula-Bilaspur
in Oudh, died 1934. She died 1919.
- Rani Sarfaraz Begum, born 25th June 1868, married 1stly,
Raja Sayyid Muzaffar Ali Khan, Raja of
Bahadurnagar, married 2ndly, Raja Sayyid Ashfaq Ali Khan of
Mohammadi, died 1915, and had issue.
- Raja Syed Mohammad Sa'adat Ali Khan (qv)
- Raja MOHAMMED SIDDIQ KHAN,
Raja of Nanpara 1902/1907, born 8th September 1869, married (div.),
15th June 1890, Rani Qamar Zamani Begum, and married a further four
wives (#4) unequally, (a) Rani Saltanat
Begum, she adopted her husband's nephew on 9th March 1909, living 28th
May 1914, married (b), Rani Dilaphja, living 22nd August 1912, married
(c), Rani Champa, living 22nd August 1912, married (d), Rani Nasim
Sahri (married 2ndly, in May 1908), living 22nd August 1912, and had
issue (not in line of succession), as well as adoptive issue. He died
30th December 1907 (#4).
- (A) Raja Syed Mohammad
Sa'adat Ali Khan (qv)
COURT OF WARDS 1907/1925
- Raja Syed MOHAMMAD SA'ADAT
ALI KHAN, Raja of Nanpara 1925/1975, born 1904, Taluqdar of
Nanpara in Bahraich Dist., and Taluqdar of Mohammadi in Kheri Dist.;
educated at Colvin Taluqdars' College, Lucknow; Member of the United
Provinces Legislative Assembly; Patron of the U.P. Aero Club, married
1stly, Rani Razia Sultana, daughter of the Zamindar of Sherpur, married
2ndly, Rani Zubaida Begum, daughter of Syed Mustafa Raza, and his wife,
Mary Lyng, daughter of William Lyng, and had issue. He died 1975.
- Rajkumar Syed Asif Ali Khan (by Rani Zubaida Begum), born
27th February 1927 in Lucknow, married 1stly (div.), Rajkumarani Sajida
Sultan, daughter of HH Sardar Nawab Mohammed Mushtaq al-Hassan Khan
Bahadur of Baoni, Madhya Pradesh,
married 2ndly, August 1951 in Lucknow, Rajkumarani Husnara Begum
(Dillan), daughter of Ali Hassan Khan, Manager of Nanpara Estate, and
had issue. He died 2002 in Karachi.
- Kumar Wasif Ali Khan, educated at Colvin Taluqdars
College and La Martinere College in Lucknow, married 1992 in Pakistan,
Kumarani Fakhra Begum (Fakhra Wasif Ali Khan), and has issue. (U.S.A.)
- Kumari Daniya Wasif Ali Khan
- Kumar Yusuf Ali Khan
- Kumari Fawzia Khan
- Kumari Zeenat Khan, born 14th July 1955 in Lucknow,
married 5th January 1973, Mohammad Sayeed Khan, and has issue.
- Farah Sayeed, born 31st March 1974, married
26th January 1999, Omer Ehtisham, and has issue, a son.
- Dara Zy Omer, born 15th February 2003.
- Saba Sayeed, born 21st May 1975, married
10th August 2006, Emad Raheem.
- Shehzad Sayeed, born 19th September 1976.
- Kumari Yasmeen Ali Khan, born 7th September 1957,
graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree, married 26th April in
Lucknow, Umer Hayat Khan, and has issue.
- Jamshed Hayat Khan
- Nasha Umer Khan
- Anushe Khan
- Kumari Sadia Khan, born 30th April 1960 in Nanpara,
educated at college (two years), achieving a Diploma in Television and
Radio broadcasting, married 27th February 1995, Humayun Hayat Khan, and
- Mansour Akram Nader
- Yasmin Akram Nader
- Eman Akram Nader
- Zahra Almas Khan
- Rajkumari Ruqaiya Begum (by Rani Zubaida Begum), married
and had issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Rajkumari Sofia Begum (by Rani Razia Sultana)
- Rajkumari Zakia Begum (by Rani Razia Sultana)
- Rajkumari Zubaida Begum
- Rajkumar Syed Tariq Saadat Ali Khan (by Rani Zubaida
Begum), born 7th March 1938 in Lucknow, married 7th March 1969 in
Karachi, Pakistan, Nishat Tariq Ali, and has issue, three daughters.
- Kumari Mahmooda Wasif, born 30th January 1970 in
Karachi, married 16th April 1994 in Karachi, Pakistan, Wasif Mirza, and
has issue, four sons.
- Mohammed Ovais Mirza
- Humza Ali Mirza
- Omar Sultan Mirza
- Ali Wasif Mirza
- Kumari Adra Khan, born 14th August 1973 in Karachi,
Pakistan, educated at the Institute of Business, Karachi (M.B.A.);
married 8th February 1998 in Karachi, Pakistan, Adil Khan, and has
- Yousuf Khan
- Minell Khan
- Saad Khan
- Asad Khan, born 5th May 2008 in Karachi,
- Kumari Alina Tariq Ali, born 17th August 1983 in
- Raja Syed Shariq Ali (by Rani Zubaida Begum) (qv)
- Rajkumari Suraiya Sadaat Ali Khan (by Rani Zubaida
Begum), married and has issue, one daughter.
- Rajkumari Amenah Sadaat Ali Khan (by Rani Zubaida Begum),
born 21st July 1955, married and has issue, one son and one daughter. ('Nanpara
House', Lucknow, India)
- Raja Syed SHARIQ ALI,
Raja of Nanpara (see above)