|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
the family was Rao Udaji, a grandson of Rao Jodhaji of Marwar. The estate was situated 155 kilometres south-east of Johpur. Estate holders
- Thakur JAGRAM SINGH,
1st Thakur of Neemaj 1708/-, died after 1733.
- 2nd Thakur of Neemaj
- 3rd Thakur of Neemaj
- 4th Thakur of Neemaj
- Thakur SURTAN SINGH,
5th Thakur of Neemaj -/1820, (brother of Thakur Sur
Singh, died 26th June 1820), died 26th June 1820.
- 6th Thakur of Neemaj
- Thakur SANWANT
SINGH, 7th Thakur of Neemaj, married and had
- Thakur Sawai Singh (qv)
- Thakur Shiva Singh of Mohrra.
- Kunwar Lakshman Singh
Thakur SAWAI SINGH,
8th Thakur of Neemaj
9th Thakur of Neemaj
10th Thakur of Neemaj
Thakur CHATAR SINGH,
11th Thakur of Neemaj 1870/1901, born about 1854 in
the Ramgarh family, he succeeded by adoption in 1870; Member of the
Council in 1882, married 1887, Thakurani Mehtab
Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Tej Singh of Bhawad (see Khetasar), and had
issue. He died in January 1901.
SINGH, 12th Thakur of Neemaj 1901/1913, born
1888, he was related to the Ramgarh, Morra, Saisra and Agewa families;
married and had issue. He died 1913.
- Thakur Prithvi Singh (qv)
- Thakur Ummed Singhji (qv)
SINGHJI, 13th Thakur of Neemaj 1913/-, 13th
Thikanedar of Nimaj, born 7th June 1909, educated at
Mayo College, Ajmer; installed in 1930; married 1927
in Sikar, Thakurani Phool Kanwar, eldest daughter of
Rao Raja Bahadur Kalyan Singh of Sikar, and had issue,
seven sons and five daughters.
- Rani Sahiba Prem Kumari, married Maharaj Bhim
Singhji of Shivrati,
and has issue.
- Thakur Udai Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Daulat Singhji, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer; married in Gujarat, Thakurani Pratap Kumari
of Danta. (Jaipur, Rajasthan, India)
- Thakur Shyam Singhji, married a Princess of
Rajpipla in Gujarat, and has issue, two sons.
- Col. Kunwar Nipendra Singh, married a Princess
of Dhenkanal in Orissa.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh, married to Jamnagar
- Baiji Lal Man Kanwar
- Baiji Lal Chandra Kanwar
- Thakur Man Singh, born 1939, married 1968,
Thakurani Durga Kanwar, born 1949, daughter of Raj
Rana Hari Singhji of Tana,
and his wife, Rani Marudhar Kanwar, and has issue.
- Kunwar Nandi Vardhan Singh
- Khunwar Harsh Vardhan Singh, married Kunwarani
Shrinidhi Singh, daughter of Captain Kunwar
Narjeet Singh of Singhnai, and his wife, Kunwarani
Keshavlata Kumari, daughter of Rana Ran Bahadur
Singh Jandaive of Balsan.
- Baiji Lal Munni Kawar
- Brig. Thakur Pratap Singhji V.S.M., A.D.C.,
educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and Government
College, Ajmer; served in the Indian Territorial
Army and later entered politics and served as M.L.A.
from Jaitaran Constituency; married Thakurani
Jaikirti Kumari, daughter of Thakur Janak Singhji of
Chomu, and had issue, two sons and one daughter. He
died October 1999.
- Capt. Thakur Ridhiraj Singh, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer and at St. Stephens College, Delhi;
served in the Indian Territorial Army; married a
grand-daughter of Maj. Thakur Shaitan Singhji
P.V.C., and has issue.
- Kunwar Amritanshu Rathore, presently (2008)
studying in Jodhpur.
- Baisa Tripti Kumari [Thakurani Tripti Kumari of
Bitar], married Lt.-Cdr. Thakur Anshuman Chauhan
of Bitar, U.P., son of Lt.-Gen. Thakur D.S.
Chauhan (Army Commander, Central Command), and has
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Tribhuvan Chauhan
- Kumari Padmanjali
- Thakur Himanshu Rathore, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer, Loretto School, Edinburg, Scotland
and Jai Hind College, Bombay; presently (2008)
working with Tajsafaris at Bandhavgarh National
- Baiji Lal Shyam Kawar
- Insp.-Gen. (ret'd.) Thakur Raghu Raj Singhji, born
5th May 1945 in Nimaj, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer; at King George School, Ajmer and Government
College, Ajmer (Bachelors of Arts); served in the
Border Security Force and retired as Inspector
General in 2005, married 26th May 1972 in Jobner,
Thakurani Vijay Laxmi, and has issue, a son and a
- Kunwar Rishiraj Singh Rathore, born 1975 in
Nimaj, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; at
Delhi University (Bachelor of Commerce) and at
Monash University, Melbourne (Master of Business
Systems); married 28th January 2005 at Castle
Bijaipur, Rajkumari Priyanka Kumari, daughter of
Rawat Rao Narendra Singh of Bijaipur and his wife,
Rani Harendra Kanwar.
- Baisa Ritu Kawar, married Kunwar Jagat Singh of
- Thakur Shakti Singhji, married to Roha in Kutch,
and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Jaivardhan Singh
- Kunwar Rajyvardhan Singh
Thakur UDAI SINGHJI,
14th Thakur of Neemaj, born 1931, married Thakurani
Pritan Kunwar, daughter of Raja Sangram Singh of Khandela-Junior, and
his wife, Rani Kishore Kanwar, and had issue, four
sons and one daughter.
- Baisa Nagendra Kunwar, married Col. Kunwar
Bhupendra Singhji of Nimrana.
- Thakur Bhagwati Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Bhagirath Singh, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer and St. Stephens College, Delhi; a hotelier;
married in Jaipur, Thakurani Malvika Kumari of
Danta, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Purnjai Rathore, born 21st December 1990,
passed out from Mayo College, Ajmer, then attended
The King's School, Sydney, as an exchange student,
and is currently (2009) studying at the Institute
of Hotel Management, Aurangabad.
- Baisa Chandravali Kumari, born 25th January
1996, presently (2009) studying at Mayo College
Girls School, Ajmer.
- Thakur Bhanu Pratap Singh, married to Thikana
Haveli Amarkot in Pakistan.
- Thakur Bharat Singh, married to Dhanariya.
SINGHJI, 15th Thakur of Neemaj (see above)
- Thakur Sahib of Neemaj, married Thakurani Lad
Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Bhagwant Singh of Mandawa Line II, and
his wife, Thakurani Suraj Kanwar.