|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
of the family was Rao Udaji, a grandson of Rao Jodhaji of Marwar. Rulers
- Thakur JAGRAM SINGH,
1st Thakur of Neemaj 1708/-,
- 2nd Thakur of Neemaj
- 3rd Thakur of Neemaj
- 4th Thakur of Neemaj
- Thakur SURTAN SINGH,
5th Thakur of Neemaj -/1820, (brother of Thakur Sur Singh, died
26th June 1820.
- 6th Thakur of Neemaj
- Thakur SANWANT SINGH,
7th Thakur of Neemaj, married and had issue.
- Thakur Sawai Singh (qv)
- Thakur Shiva Singh of Mohrra.
- Kunwar Lakshman Singh
Thakur SAWAI SINGH,
8th Thakur of Neemaj
9th Thakur of Neemaj
10th Thakur of Neemaj
Thakur CHATAR SINGH,
11th Thakur of Neemaj 1870/-, born about 1854, adopted from
Member of the Jodhpur State Council in 1882, married and had issue.
Thakur PRITHVI SINGH,
12th Thakur of Neemaj -/1913, born about 1890, married and had
- Thakur Prithvi Singh (qv)
- Thakur Ummed Singhji (qv)
Thakur UMMED SINGHJI,
13th Thakur of Neemaj 1913/-, 13th Thikanedar of Nimaj, born
at Mayo College, Ajmer; installed in 1930; married 1927 in Sikar,
Thakurani Phool Kanwar,
of Rao Raja Bahadur Kalyan Singh of Sikar,
had issue, seven sons and five daughters.
- Rani Sahiba Prem Kumari, married Maharaj Bhim Singhji of Shivrati,
and has issue.
- Thakur Udai Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Daulat Singhji, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer;
married in Gujarat, Thakurani Pratap Kumari of Danta. (Jaipur,
- Thakur Shyam Singhji, married a Princess of Rajpipla in
Gujarat, and has issue, two sons.
- Col. Kunwar Nipendra Singh, married a Princess of
Dhenkanal in Orissa.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh, married to Jamnagar
- Baiji Lal Man Kanwar
- Baiji Lal Chandra Kanwar
- Thakur Man Singh, born 1939, married 1968, Thakurani
Durga Kanwar, born
1949, daughter of Raj Rana Hari Singhji of Tana,
his wife, Rani Marudhar Kanwar, and has issue.
- Kunwar Nandi Vardhan Singh
- Khunwar Harsh Vardhan Singh, married Kunwarani
Shrinidhi Singh, daughter of Captain Kunwar Narjeet Singh of Singhnai,
and his wife, Kunwarani Keshavlata Kumari, daughter of Rana Ran Bahadur
Singh Jandaive of Balsan.
- Baiji Lal Munni Kawar
- Brig. Thakur Pratap Singhji V.S.M., A.D.C., educated at
Mayo College, Ajmer and Government College, Ajmer; served in the Indian
Territorial Army and later entered politics and served as M.L.A. from
Jaitaran Constituency; married Thakurani Jaikirti Kumari, daughter of
Thakur Janak Singhji of Chomu, and had
issue, two sons and one daughter. He died October 1999.
- Capt. Thakur Ridhiraj Singh, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer and at St. Stephens College, Delhi; served in the Indian
Territorial Army; married a grand-daughter of Maj. Thakur Shaitan
Singhji P.V.C., and has issue.
- Kunwar Amritanshu Rathore, presently (2008) studying
- Baisa Tripti Kumari [Thakurani Tripti Kumari of
Bitar], married Lt.-Cdr. Thakur Anshuman Chauhan of Bitar, U.P., son of
Lt.-Gen. Thakur D.S. Chauhan (Army Commander, Central Command), and has
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Tribhuvan Chauhan
- Kumari Padmanjali
- Thakur Himanshu Rathore, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer, Loretto School, Edinburg, Scotland and Jai Hind College, Bombay;
presently (2008) working with Tajsafaris at Bandhavgarh National Park,
- Baiji Lal Shyam Kawar
- Insp.-Gen. (ret'd.) Thakur Raghu Raj Singhji, born 5th
May 1945 in
educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; at King George School, Ajmer and
Government College, Ajmer (Bachelors of Arts); served in the Border
Security Force and retired as Inspector General in 2005, married 26th
May 1972 in Jobner, Thakurani Vijay Laxmi, and has issue, a son and a
- Kunwar Rishiraj Singh Rathore, born 1975 in Nimaj,
educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; at Delhi
University (Bachelor of Commerce) and at Monash University, Melbourne
of Business Systems); married 28th January 2005 at Castle Bijaipur,
Rajkumari Priyanka Kumari, daughter of Rawat Rao Narendra Singh of Bijaipur and his wife, Rani Harendra
- Baisa Ritu Kawar, married Kunwar Jagat Singh of Sankotra.
- Thakur Shakti Singhji, married to Roha in Kutch, and has
issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Jaivardhan Singh
- Kunwar Rajyvardhan Singh
Thakur UDAI SINGHJI,
14th Thakur of Neemaj, born 1931, married Thakurani Pritan
Kunwar, daughter of Raja Sangram Singh of Khandela-Junior,
his wife, Rani Kishore Kanwar, and had issue, four sons and one
- Baisa Nagendra Kunwar, married Col. Kunwar Bhupendra
Singhji of Nimrana.
- Thakur Bhagwati Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Bhagirath Singh, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer
and St. Stephens College, Delhi;
a hotelier; married in Jaipur, Thakurani Malvika Kumari
of Danta, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Purnjai Rathore, born 21st December 1990, passed
out from Mayo College, Ajmer, then attended The King's School, Sydney,
as an exchange student, and is currently (2009) studying at the
Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad.
- Baisa Chandravali Kumari, born 25th January 1996,
presently (2009) studying at Mayo College Girls School, Ajmer.
- Thakur Bhanu Pratap Singh, married to Thikana Haveli
Amarkot in Pakistan.
- Thakur Bharat Singh, married to Dhanariya.
Thakur BHAGWATI SINGHJI,
15th Thakur of Neemaj (see above)
- Thakur Sahib of Neemaj, married Thakurani Lad Kanwar,
daughter of Thakur Bhagwant Singh of Mandawa
Line II, and his wife, Thakurani Suraj Kanwar.