|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Also known as the Zamindari Raj of Panchkot or Chakla
Panchkot, situated on the Western Frontiers of Bengal. It
is said that the Raj was founded about the year 81AD by
Maharajadhiraj Sri Damodar Shekhur Deo, a scion of the
Rajput family of Maharaja Dhiraj Udayji Singh Deo who
reigned in Dhonagarh, in the North-West Provinces. It was
originally an independent state until 1632 when it first
paid tribute to the Mughals, and then maintained a
semi-independent status until the permanent settlement in
1793. Estate holders were.....
- Raja BIR NARAIN
SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot, he was the
commander of 300 horses for Padshah Shahjehan, Emperor
of Delhi. He died 1632.
- Raja (name
unknown) SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot,
married a daughter of Kunwar Jagannath Singh Deo of
the ‘Nua Garh’ Family in Seraikella, and had
- Raja Nilamoni Singh Deo (qv)
- Raja NILAMONI SINGH
Deo, Raja of Panchkot -/1901, married and had
issue. He died 1901.
- Yuvraj Jay Narayan Singh Deo, he died vpsp.
- Yuvraj Hari Narayan Singh Deo, married and had
issue. He died vp.
- Raja Bahadur Shri Jyoti Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Raja Bahadur Shri
JYOTI PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot
1901/1938, born 1881, he was granted the title of Raja
in June 1912 as a personal distinction; married a
daughter of Maharaja Krishna Chandra Bhanj Deo of Mayurbhanj, and had
issue, three sons and at least five daughters. He died
29th September 1938.
- Raja Kalyani Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Rajkumar Rajkrishna Prasad Singh Deo, died
- Rajkumar Ajit Prasad Singh Deo, educated at
Rajkumar College, Raipur; he served as a Minister in
the Bihar Government in 1934, also a Minister in the
Government of West Bengal, M.L.A. (West Bengal);
married Rajkumarani Sarojini Devi of Bamra, and had
issue, four sons and two daughters.
- Kumar Raj Rajeshwari Prasad Singh Deo, died
- Kumar Jagadanandan Prasad Singh Deo, married
and has issue, two sons.
- Kumar Biswajit Prasad Singh Deo, married
Kumarani Jaishree Devi of Kharsawan, and has
- Kumari Bishwashree Kumari, married Kunwar
Vikramaditya Singh of Gajiapur Zamindari,
- Kunwar Kalyan Shekhar Singh Deo
- Kumar Debjit Prasad Singh Deo, married to
Kumari Namrata Kumari, daughter of Kunwar
Dharmendra Singh Parihar of Nagod, and his
wife, Rajkumari Bhuwaneshwari Devi, and has
- Thatrani Soma Devi, married Thatraj Ranarnab
Deb of Puri, and has
issue, one son.
- Kumar Bijoy Prasad Singh Deo, married and has
- Kumar Kamakhya Prasad Singh Deo, married and
- Kumari Sushmita Devi, married Kumar Rajiv
Lochan Singh Deo of Dhenkanal.
- Rajkumari Sharda Devi, married Raja Audhendra
Pratap Sahi of Deara,
U.P., and had issue.
- Rajkumari Brija Kumari, fifth daughter, married
Dewan Sahab Bhagwati Pratap Singhji of Ramganj Taluq
in Oudh, and had issue.
- Rajkumarani Kamlesh Kumari, married 8th
March 1950, Rajkumar Rukmani Raman Braham of Agori-Barhar.
- Raja Sri Sri
KALYANI PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot
1938/1945, born 16th March 1899, he succeeded to the gadi on 29th
September 1938; the Government of India conferred on
him the title of Raja in 1941 for his public services;
married 1stly, the only daughter of the Taluqdar of
Antu in Pratapgarh Dist., U.P., married 2ndly, Rani
Charubala Debi, and had issue, two sons and one
daughter by 1st marriage, and eight children by 2nd
marriage. He died 1945.
- Raja Sankari Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Raja Jagdishwari Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Rajkumari Jayanti Kumari, died unmarried.
- Rajkumari Gauri Devi, married to Raja Chandrabhal
Deo Singh of Rajabazar Raj in Jaunpur, a former
M.L.C., and had issue.
- Raja Sri Sri
SANKARI PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot
1945/1956, married married 1stly, Rani Durgesh Kumari
from Tirwa, married 2ndly, Rani Soubhagyawati Kumari,
and had issue, one son and one daughter. He died 1956.
- Raja Bhubaneshwari Prasad Singh Deo (by Rani
Durgesh Kumari) (qv)
- Rajkumari Maheshwari Kumari (by Rani Durgesh
Kumari), married, Shri Vir Pal Singh from Rajasthan,
and has issue, three children.
- Anshul Rajawat
- Rajeev Rajawat
- Roli Rajawat
- Raja BHUBANESWARI
PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot 1956/1972,
died unmarried in 1972.
- Raja JAGDISHWARI
PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot 1972/- ,
married Rani (now Rajmata) Vidya Devi of Bandhi
Talukdari in Madhya Pradesh, and had issue. (Benaras,
- Rajkumari Mamta Kumari, married Kumar Brajesh
Singh of Shehdol in Rewa, and has issue, two
- Kumari Darshika Singh
- Kumari Shagorika Singh
- Raja Vikramaditya Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Kunwar Udayaditya Prasad Singh Deo, married 8th
March 1995, Kunwarani Dharini Kumari, daughter of
Thakore Saheb Ajitsinhji Vijaysinhji of Lodhika Junior,
and has issue.
- Kunwar Prithviraj Prasad Singh Deo
- Kumari Rudrani Prasad Singh Deo
- Rajkumari Mahima Kumari, married Maharajkumar
Vishvaraj Singh, Yuvaraj Sahib of Udaipur, and has
- Raja VIKRAMADITYA
PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot -/2015,
married Rani Ishwari Raje Singh Deo, and had issue. He
- Raja Jyotishwar Prasad Singh Deo (qv)
- Kunwar Kartikeya Prasad Singh Deo
- Kumari Jyotishwari Prasad Singh Deo
- Raja JYOTISHWAR
PRASAD SINGH Deo, Raja of Panchkot (see
- Kumar Sachindra Narayan Singh Deo, married Kumari
Gayatri Devi, daughter of Rajkumar Samarendra Pratap
Singh Deo of Dhenkanal.
- Rani Binod Kumari Patta Mahadei, married Raja
Jadunath Deb, Raja of Aul, and had issue. She died spm.
- Rajkumar Jayjeet Kishor Singh Deo, married Kumari
Satya Bhama Kumari Devi, daughter of Rajkumar Suresh
Chandra Deo Jenamoni, Pattayat Sahib in Rairakhol, and
his wife, Rajkumar Rani Saroj Manjari Devi, and has
issue, two daughters.
- Kumari Amritakshi Singhdeo
- Kumari Mridulakshi Singhdeo
- Kunwar Jagadish Kishore Lal Singh Deo, married and
- Sangita Singhdeo, married Kunwar Sanjay Singh of
Umri in Nagod, M.P.
- Jyotirmay Singhdeo
- Hiranmoy Singhdeo