PAYAGPUR (Taluq)

LOCATION: Oudh (Bahraich Dist.) AREA: xx kmē VILLAGES: 176 plus 1 pattiPOPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Janwar CAPITAL: xx ACCESSION: 1954

PRESENT HEAD OF HOUSE:

PREDECESSORS and SHORT HISTORY:
The estate was of little consequence till 1780, when Rao Himmat Singh received a clearing lease in Nanpara, Charda, Dharmanpur and part of the Nepali terai, comprising 1,486 villages, he was entirely successful and established himself in the possession of a large estate. The estate in 1911, comprised 149 villages and 8 pattis in Bahraich and 2 villages and 1 patti in Gonda. Estate holders were.... The help of Deepak Aggarwal is gratefully acknowledged, October 2012.
1. "The Golden Book of India"; Sir Roper Lethbridge, MacMillan & Co., 1893 p. 420
2. F.D. No. 631