LOCATION: Madhya Pradesh AREA: 189.07 kmēVILLAGES: 40 POPULATION: 9,627 (1931) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 1,37,000 (1931) DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Dodiya Rajput SEAT: Manoramganj, Indore ACCESSION: 15th June 1948
AGENCY: Malwa Agency PRIVY PURSE: Rs 30,000
born posthumously on 17th January 1936
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Founded in 1547 by Rawat Sawalsinghji, a younger son of the Rawat of Mandawal. When the Jaora State was created by the Treaty of Mandsor in 1818, it was guaranteed tribute and a share in sayer collections from Piploda. In 1923, the Government of India re-affirmed the status of Piploda as a mediatized state independent of Jaora, and recognized the title of Rawat as the territorial tilte of the ruler. The Rawat abolished all sayer taxes in his state with effect from 1st May 1933. Rulers were....
- Thakur SADAL SINGHJI [Shardul Singhji], 1st Thakur and founder of Piploda; married and had issue.
- Thakur PRITHVI SINGHJI, (10th?) Thakur of Piploda 1820/-, married and had issue.
- Thakur Umed Singhji (qv)
- Thakur UMED SINGHJI, Thakur of Piploda, married and had issue.
- Thakur Onkar Singhji (qv)
- Thakur ONKAR SINGHJI, Thakur of Piploda -/1863, married and had adoptive issue. He died 12th November 1863.
- (A) Rawat Dulai
Singhji [Dule Singhji] (qv)
- Maharawat DULAI SINGHJI, Thakur of Piploda 1863/1888, born 1852, succeeded 30th November 1863, 13th in descent from founder, married and had issue. He died 26th October 1888 (#1).
- Rao Kesri Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Raghunath Singhji Dodiya, married and had issue.
- Thakur Narayan Singhji Dodiya of Kanser, educated at Daly College, Indore; he pays all cesses to the state and renders service,
- Kuwar Natwar Singhji Dodiya
- Thakur Vijay Singhji Dodiya of Shakar Kheri, he pays all cesses to the state and renders service, married and had issue.
- Kuwar Man Singhji Dodiya, married and had issue, one son.
- Kuwar Bhagwat Singhji Dodiya, married a lady of Sarsi, and had issue , two sons and one daughter.
- Kuwar Pravin Singhji Dodiya, married a lady from Sikandarabad in U.P., and had issue, one son and three daughters.
- Kuwar Kirat Singhji Dodiya, married Kuwarani Gajendra Kumari from Ranasan, and had issue, two sons and two daughters.
- Baisa (name unknown) Kumari, married Rana Dongar Singh of Barwaha, born 1900, and had issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Baisa Gauri Kumari [Rani Gauri Kumari of Jhaknaoda], married, (as his second wife), Thakur Narayan Singhji Rathore of Jhaknaoda in Jhabua, M.P., and had issue, one daughter.
- Baisa Ratan Kumari (by Rani Gauri Kumari), born 1935, married Kumar Shri Vijay Singh Rawal of Malpur in Maharashtra, and has issue, two sons and three daughters.
- Baisa Har Kumari, married into Mindasun. She died sp.
- Baisa Subdhara Kumari, married (as fourth wife), Thakur Narayan Singhji Rathore of Jhaknaoda in Jhabua, M.P., and had adoptive issue.
- Kuwar (name unknown) Singhji Dodiya
- Kuwar Arjun Singhji Dodiya
- Thakur KESRI
SINGHJI, Thakur of Piploda 1888/1919, born
1872, educated at Daly College, Indore; he succeeded
to the gadi
on 8th November 1888, married (amongst others), Rani
Mukan Kanwar, born 1879, elder daughter of Maharaj
Fateh Singhji of Raoti,
and had issue. He died 4th November 1919.
- Rawat MANGAL
SINGHJI, Rawat of Piploda 1919/1936, born 7th
September 1893 and succeeded on 5th November 1919 (#2); educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer; married 1stly, Rani Bankawatji of Lawan in
Jaipur State; she died 1926, married 2ndly, in April
1931, a daughter of Maharaj Prahlad Singh of Runija in
Gwalior State, and had issue, two sons. He died 20th
- Kunwar Ratan Singh, born 25th April 1913, educated
at Daly College, Indore till 1931; married 1927, a
Kumari of Rujore, Dist. Etah, U.P., and had issue.
He died vp
on 11th July 1935.
- Rawat Raghuraj Singhji (qv)
- Rani Sugan Kanwar, married (as his 1st wife), 1938, Rao Devi Singh, 29th Rao of Pungal. She died in August 1947,
- Kunwar Durga Narayan Singhji, born 7th February 1921, married Thakurani Prabhat Kunwar of Bedia, and has issue.
- Kunwar Ajeet Singh Piploda, married Rajkumar Rani Sumitra Singh Keraal, and has issue.
- Kunwar Tribhuvan Singh
- Kunwar Martand Singh
- Baisa Bhavna Kunwar
- Baisa Gaurie Kunwar
- Rawat RAGHURAJ SINGHJI, Rawat of Piploda (see above)
- Kumari (name unknown), married Thakur Kalyan Singh
of Heerwa, and