|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Founded in 1547 by Rawat Sawalsinghji, a younger son of
the Rawat of Mandawal.
When the Jaora State was created by the Treaty of Mandsor
in 1818, it was guaranteed tribute and a share in sayer collections
from Piploda. In 1923, the Government of India re-affirmed
the status of Piploda as a mediatized state independent of
Jaora, and recognized the title of Rawat as the
territorial tilte of the ruler. The Rawat abolished all
sayer taxes in his state with effect from 1st May 1933.
- Thakur SADAL
SINGHJI [Shardul Singhji], 1st Thakur and
founder of Piploda; married and had issue.
- Thakur PRITHVI
SINGHJI, (10th?) Thakur of Piploda 1820/-,
married and had issue.
- Thakur UMED SINGHJI,
Thakur of Piploda, married and had issue.
- Thakur Onkar Singhji (qv)
- Thakur ONKAR
SINGHJI, Thakur of Piploda -/1863, married
and had adoptive issue. He died 12th November 1863.
- (A) Rawat Dulai
Singhji [Dule Singhji] (qv)
- Maharawat DULAI
SINGHJI, Thakur of Piploda 1863/1888, born
1852, succeeded 30th November 1863, 13th in descent
from founder, married and had issue. He died 26th
October 1888 (#1).
- Rao Kesri Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Raghunath Singhji Dodiya, married and had
- Thakur Narayan Singhji Dodiya of Kanser,
educated at Daly College, Indore; he pays all
cesses to the state and renders service,
- Kuwar Natwar Singhji Dodiya
- Thakur Vijay Singhji Dodiya of Shakar Kheri, he
pays all cesses to the state and renders service,
married and had issue.
- Kuwar Man Singhji Dodiya, married and had issue,
- Kuwar Bhagwat Singhji Dodiya, married a lady of
Sarsi, and had issue , two sons and one daughter.
- Kuwar Pravin Singhji Dodiya, married a lady from
Sikandarabad in U.P., and had issue, one son and
- Kuwar Kirat Singhji Dodiya, married Kuwarani
Gajendra Kumari from Ranasan, G.J., and had issue,
two sons and two daughters.
- Baisa (name
unknown) Kumari, married Rana Dongar
Singh of Barwaha, born 1900, and had issue, two
sons and one daughter.
- Baisa Gauri Kumari [Rani Gauri Kumari of
Jhaknaoda], married, (as his second wife), Thakur
Narayan Singhji Rathore of Jhaknaoda in
Jhabua, M.P., and had issue, one daughter.
- Baisa Ratan Kumari (by Rani Gauri
Kumari), born 1935, married Kumar Shri Vijay
Singh Rawal of Malpur in Maharashtra, and has
issue, two sons and three daughters.
- Baisa Har Kumari, married into Mindasun, G.J.
She died sp.
- Baisa Subdhara Kumari, married (as fourth wife),
Thakur Narayan Singhji Rathore of Jhaknaoda in
Jhabua, M.P., and had adoptive issue.
- Kuwar (name
unknown) Singhji Dodiya
- Kuwar Arjun Singhji Dodiya
- Thakur KESRI
SINGHJI, Thakur of Piploda 1888/1919, born
1872, educated at Daly College, Indore; he succeeded
to the gadi
on 8th November 1888, married (amongst others), Rani
Mukan Kanwar, born 1879, elder daughter of Maharaj
Fateh Singhji of Raoti,
and had issue. He died 4th November 1919.
- Rawat Mangal Singhji (qv)
- Rani Brij Kanwar, married (as his second wife),
1906, Maharaj Ratan Singhji Sahib of Raoti, and had issue.
- Thakurani Gulab Kanwar, married (as his second
wife), Thakur Rewat Singh of Mundota.
- Kuwar Jai Singhji Dodiya, he holds the village of
- Rawat MANGAL
SINGHJI, Rawat of Piploda 1919/1936, born 7th
September 1893 and succeeded on 5th November 1919 (#2); educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer; married 1stly, Rani Bankawatji of Lawan in
Jaipur State; she died 1926, married 2ndly, in April
1931, a daughter of Maharaj Prahlad Singh of Runija in
Gwalior State, and had issue, two sons. He died 20th
- Kunwar Ratan Singh, born 25th April 1913, educated
at Daly College, Indore till 1931; married 1927, a
Kumari of Rujore, Dist. Etah, U.P., and had issue.
He died vp
on 11th July 1935.
- Rawat Raghuraj Singhji (qv)
- Rani Sugan Kanwar, married (as his 1st wife),
1938, Rao Devi Singh, 29th Rao of Pungal. She died
in August 1947,
- Kunwar Durga Narayan Singhji, born 7th February
1921, married Thakurani Prabhat Kunwar of Bedia, and
- Kunwar Ajeet Singh Piploda, married Rajkumar
Rani Sumitra Singh Keraal, and has issue.
- Kunwar Tribhuvan Singh
- Kunwar Martand Singh
- Baisa Bhavna Kunwar
- Baisa Gaurie Kunwar
- Rawat RAGHURAJ
SINGHJI, Rawat of Piploda (see above)
- Kumari (name unknown), married Thakur Kalyan Singh
of Heerwa, and