LOCATION: Kashmir AREA: 4,713.8 kmē VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: 350,370 (1921) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 9,50,000 (1938) DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Dogra rajput SEAT: xx ACCESSION: xx
PRESENT RULER: Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Raman Dev Singh, 9th and present Raja of Poonch and a Herditary Double Tazimi Sardar
born 22nd December 1952, married 14th August 1975, Rani Preeti Devi, daughter of Mian Rajendra Singh of the Pathania (Nurpur) family of Reh, and has issue, two children.
- Rajkumari Shivani Singh Shah, married Shri Rajeev Bikram Shah of Nepal.
- Tika Raja Saab Suryeajai Deo Singh, married Tika Rani Saab Sunayana Rajye from Nepal.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Originally ruled by the Muslim Rajas of Loran from the end of the 17th century to 1837 when it came under the rule of Raja Faiz Talab Khan of Rahuri 1837/1846. It was then included in the transfer of the hilly country to Maharaja Gulab Singh and afterwards granted by him to Jawahir Singh and Moti Singh. The two brothers fell out and to settle the dispute both were granted the title of Raja. They quarreled again, badly enough that the Board of Administration intervened and gave Poonch to Moti Singh in 1852. Jawahir Singh, renounced all claim to his possessions in Kashmir in return for a cash allowance. Loran was the (Hindu) capital of Poonch till 1542. Poonch was given to Maharaja Gulab Singh of Jammu and Kashmir's nephew in 1846. Estate holders were...
- Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Dhian Singh Sahib, 1st Raja of Poonch 1827/1843, born 22nd August 1796, son of Raja Kishor Singh of Jammu, employed in 1812 by his elder brother, Maharaja Gulab Singh, as a trooper on a monthly salary of sixty rupees, in 1818 became deorhidar or chamberlain to the royal household. He took part in the battle of Naushera in March 1823. He was granted a large number of jagirs in the hilly country of Jammu, including that of Poonch in 1827, created Raja in 1822, and Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur on 20th June 1827, and further created Naib-us-Salatnat-i-'Azamat, Khairkhwah-i-Samimi-i-Daulat-i-Sirkar-i-Kubra, Wazir-i-'Azam, Dastur-i-Mu'azzam, Mukhtar-i-Mulk, he was made a Wazir, principal minister or counsellor of the Sikh State 1828/1843, married two daughters of Raja Govind Singh of Siba State, and had issue. He was assasinated on 15th September 1843.
- Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Hira Singh Sahib
- Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Jawahir Singh Sahib (qv)
- Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Moti Singh Sahib (qv)
- Mian Raghunath Singh, he died vpsp.
- Major Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Baldev Singh (qv)
- Lt. Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Sukhdev Singh (qv)
- Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Jagat Dev Singh [aka Gogat Dev Singh](qv)
- Raja Padam Dev Singh, born 19th August 1908, Dewan of Kashmir in 1927; married Rani Manek Kunwar, daughter of Kunwar Chander Sen of Kunadi in Kota, and his wife, Kanwarani Daulat Kunwar, and has issue.
- Raja Rajendra Dev Singh married Kunwarani Asha Kumari of Palaitha in Kotah, and has issue.
- Kunwar Sahdev Singh, married Kunwarani Namrata
Kumari, elder daughter of Maharaj Amarendra
Singhji of Salumber.
- Kunwar Somyadev Singh, married Kunwarani
Girdhar Kumari, younger daughter of Maharaj
Amarendra Singhji of Salumber.
- Capt. Raja Bhupendra Dev Singh
- Kunwarani Siddheshwari Kumari, married June 1952, Kanwar Romesh Singh of Sirmur, and has issue.
- Kunwarani Rajeshwari Kumari, married to Thakur
Pushpendra Singh of Ghanerao,
and has issue.
- Kunwarani Bhuvaneshwari Kumari, died young.
- Kunwarani Kamleshwari Kumari, married Thakur Rattan Singh of Umaidnagar.
- Raja Chattar Dev Singh, born 20th October 1916, married a princess of Charat in Jammu, and has issue.
- Kunwar Hitendra Dev Singh, married Kunwarani Ravi Prabha, daughter of Maharaj Pradyumna Singh of Dungarpur, and his wife, Rani Indira Kumari, and has issue.
- Kunwarani Namrata Chand Sahiba, married Kunwar
Ranvijay Chand of Chenani,
and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Surendra Dev Singh, married Kunwarani Anjali Kumari of Kalahandi.
- Thakurani Sushila Kumari, married Thakur Birendra Singh of Pokhran.
- Kunwarani Guddu Rani
- Raja Shiv Ratan Dev Singh (qv)
- Thakurani Snehlata Kumari [Nikkeji], married Thakur Onkar Singh of Khimsar, and has issue.
- Rani Lalita Kumari, married Rana Vijay Singh of Kunihar, and had issue.
- Raja-i-Rajgan Raja Kalan Bahadur Raman Dev Singh (qv)
- Raja Ratish Dev Singh, married Rani Renu.
- HH Maharani Hemlata Rajya, married 19th February 1973, HH Raj Rajeshwar Saramad-i-Rajha-i-Hindustan Maharajadhiraja Maharaja Shri Gaj Singhji II Sahib Bahadur of Jodhpur, and has issue.
- HH Maharani Urmila Kumari, elected Mayor of
Charkhari (Independent), thereby controlling the
entire Charkhari Municipal Area, married 27th April
1978 in New Delhi, HH Maharajadhiraj
Sipahdar-ul-Mulk Jayant Singh Ju Deo, Maharaja of Charkhari, and has
- Rani Rajni Kumari, married in Nepal.