|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Originally known as Taroul or Tiroul. The ancestor of the
family was Babu Sujan Shah, son of Raja Sangram Shah of
Tiroul. Estate holders were...
- Raja Sukhram Singh, Raja of Jhusi, married and had
- Raja Nivahan Singh, married and had issue.
- Raja Bir Sen, he was cursed by a Fakir and lost
Jhusi around 1359, married and had issue.
- Raja Lakhan Sen, founder of the Raj of Aror,
married and had issue.
- Raja Goharwar Deo of Aror.
- Babu Muluk Singh, becomes a Muslin convert
and is murdered soon afterwards.
- Raja Jai Singh, married and had issue.
- Babu Khan Deo, married and had issue.
- Babu Prithi Singh, married and had
- Babu Lodh Singh, married and had
- Babu Murar Singh
- Babu Sultan Singh, married and had
- Babu Muniar Shah, married and had
- Babu Ghatam Deo, married and had
- Babu Sangram Shah, married and
- Babu Sujan Shah, married and
- Babu Ajit Singh of Taroul,
married and had issue.
- Babu Ramchandra, married and
- Babu Lakshmi Narain,
married and had issue.
- Babu Indra Dutt, had descendants in Nepal.
- Babu Suraj Dutt, had descendants at Sandi Pali.
- Babu PRATAP SINGH,
1st Babu of Pratapgarh 1628/1682, fixed his
headquarters at Rampur near old town of Aror, there he
built a fort (garh), naming it after himself.
- Babu CHHATRADARI
SINGH. Babu of Pratapgarh fl.1722
- Babu (name unknown)
Singh, Raja of Pratapgarhmarried and had issue.
- Babu Abhiman Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Sarnam Singh, married and had issue.
- Babu Gulab Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Medni Singh, he established a town in
Pratapgarh presently known as Katra Medniganj.
- Babu ABHIMAN SINGH,
Babu of Pratapgarh, married and had issue. He died
- Kunwar Bhairon Baksh Singh, father of four sons.
- Kunwar Audhan Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Sarabjit Singh. he died sp before
- Raja Ajit Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Bishnath Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Shitla Bakhsh Singh, married and had
issue, three sons. He died 28th April 1908 (#2).
- Kunwar Sukhdeo Singh, overlooked in the
succession. He died sp on 1st June 1895 (#2).
- Kunwar Jagdeo Singh, overlooked in the
succession, married and had issue.
- Lal Raghunath Prasad Singh
- Lal Anant Prasad Singh
- Raja Bahadur Raja Pratap Bahadur Singh (qv)
(one of above, connection conjectural)
- Kunwar Jang Bahadur Singh, migrated to the
Caribbean in the early part of the 20th
Century, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Harnanan Singh, married Dolly
(Harnanan Singh), and had issue.
- Kunwar Kunj Beharry Singh B.Sc., born
18th August 1960 in Trinidad and Tobago,
B.Sc. in Industrrial Engineering and the
Technical Marketing Program at General
Electric. President and CEO of
Cenosystems Incorporated in New York
City, a consulting and advisory services
- Kunwar Devamangal Singh, died in March 1892 (#2).
- Kunwar Umand Singh, father of two sons.
- Babu GULAB SINGH,
Babu of Pratapgarh. He was killed in battle south of
Pratapgarh near Allahabad in 1857.
- Raja AJIT SINGH,
Raja of Pratapgarh 1857/1889, Raja [cr. 1.1.1877] (#1), he was a Taluqdar of Oudh
and his name was entered as such in the lists 1, 2 and
5 prepared under Section 8 of Act I of 1869. He died sp
on 18th December 1889 (#2).
- Raja Bahadur Raja
PRATAP BAHADUR SINGH, Raja of Pratapgarh
[18.12.1889] - [18.6.1921], title of Raja made
hereditary in 1898, Vice President of the British
Indian Association 1911/1918, married 1stly (aged 9),
a sister of Thakur Raghunath Singh of Isanpur, married
2ndly, a daughter of the Taluqdar of Antu, married
3rdly, a daughter of the Taluqdar of Antu (sister of
the 2nd wife), married 4thly, a daughter of the
Taluqdar of Dhingwas, married 5thly, a niece of the
Taluqdar of Antu (paternal 1st cousin of the 2nd and
3rd wives), and had issue. He died 18th June 1921 (#2).
- Kumari (name
unknown), married Yuvraj Dewakar Praksh
Singh of Kasmanda.
- Raja Ajit Pratap Singh (qv)
- Rani Padmavati Devi, born 17th July 1918 in
Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh; married Maj. Raja
Bahadur Birendra Bahadur Singh of Khairagarh, and
- Raja AJIT PRATAP SINGH,
Raja of Pratapgarh [18.6.1921] - [6.1.2000], born 14th
January 1917 in Kulhipur, Pratapgarh Dist., U.P.,
educated at St. Joseph's College, Allahabad and at
Cambridge, Member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative
Assembly 1946/1952 and 1967/1977, Cabinet Minister for
Forests, Sports, Tourism, Animal Husbandry, Jail,
Civil Defence and Homeguard for Uttar Pradesh
1969/1977, Member of the Rajya Sabha 1958/1962, Member
of the 3rd 1962/1967 and 7th 1980/1984 Lok Sabha,
Member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council 1985
(Bi-election) and 1988/1992, Minister for Excise 1985,
Minister for Excise and Forests -/1988, Deputy
Chairman of the State Planning Commission, Uttar
Pradesh 1986/1988, President of the British India
Association (Avadh) 1998/2000, Secretary-cum-Manager
for the Colvin Taluqdars' College, LKO, 1998/2000,
married 1stly, Rani Lakshmi Devi, (possibly sister of Raja
Dinesh Singh of Kalakankar), and had issue,
four sons and one daughter, married 2ndly, Rani Nikhat
Devi, and had issue, one son and four daughters. He
died 6th January 2000 at Lucknow. (Raja Ajit
Pratap Singh Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India)
- Raja Abhay Pratap Singh (by Rani Lakshmi Devi)
- Rajkumar Akhil Pratap Singh (by Rani Lakshmi
Devi), fourth son, married and has issue.
- Kunwar Amaresh Pratap Singh, married Rajkumari
Gitanjali Devi, daughter of Raja Sarat Kumar Deb,
Raja Saheb of Aul,
and his wife, Rani Sushree Devi, and has issue,
- Kumar Abhyuday Pratap Singh
- Rajkumar Ajai Pratap Singh (by Rani Nikhat Devi),
married and has issue.
- Raja ABHAY PRATAP
SINGH, Raja of Pratapgarh [6.1.2000] -
[7.8.2013], born 7th December 1936, married 1st March
1955, Rani Asha Kumari, and had issue. He died 7th
- Raja Anil Pratap Singh (qv)
- Raja ANIL PRATAP SINGH, Raja of Pratapgarh
- Kunwar Sachin Pratap Singh of Pratapgarh (UP)
- Thakurani Shobha Rani, married 1956, Thakur Bikram
Singh of Pokhran, and has
- Kunwar Akhilendra Pratap Singh