|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The state was founded in 1791. Rulers were....
- Nawab Sidi ABDULKARIM YAKUT KHAN I, 1st Nawab
of Sachin 1791/1802, son of Wazir Abd al-Rahim Khan of
Janjira, married and had issue.
- Nawab Sidi Ibrahim Mohamad Yakut Khan I (qv)
Nawab Sidi IBRAHIM MOHAMAD YAKUT KHAN I, 2nd
Nawab of Sachin 1802/1853, married and had issue.
- Nawab Sidi Abdulkarim Yakut Khan II (qv)
Nawab Sidi ABDULKARIM YAKUT KHAN II, 3rd
Nawab of Sachin 1853/1869, married and had issue.
- Nawab Sidi Ibrahim Mohamad Yakut Khan II (qv)
- Nawab Sidi Abdulkadir Mohamad Yakut Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Abdulkarim Khan Sidi (4th son), died
Nawab Sidi IBRAHIM MOHAMAD YAKUT KHAN II, 4th
Nawab of Sachin 1869/1873
Nawab Sidi ABDULKADIR MOHAMAD YAKUT KHAN, 5th
Nawab of Sachin 1873/1887, educated at Rajkumar
HH Nawab Sidi IBRAHIM MOHAMAD YAKUT KHAN III,
6th Nawab of Sachin 1887/1930, born 1886, educated at
Rajkumar College, Rajkot; married and had issue. He
- HH Nawab Sidi Mohamad Haidar Khan (see below)
- HH Nawab Sidi Mohamad Suroor Khan (see
HH Nawab Sidi MOHAMAD HAIDAR KHAN, 7th
Nawab of Sachin 1930/1970, born 11th September 1909,
HH Nawab Sidi MOHAMAD SUROOR KHAN, 8th Nawab
of Sachin 1970/1990, born 1911, married HH Mehboob
Jahan Begum, and had issue. He died 30th October 1990.
HH Nawab Sidi MOHAMAD NASRULLAH KHAN, 9th
Nawab of Sachin (see above)
- Fatima Begum, born 1892, she began her career on the
Urdu stage and went on to do films and became an
established actress in Irani's Star Silent Film Veer Abhimanyu
(1922), she set up Fatima Films in 1926, which later
was known as Victoria-Fatima Films from 1928; she was
an actress at Kohinoor and Imperial Studios while
producing, writing and directing (often also acting
in) her own films at the Fatima Company; she became
the first woman director of Indian cinema in 1926 when
she directed Bulbul-e-Paristan,
she continued acting till her last film in 1938, Duniya Kya Hai,
she was allegedly married to the Nawab of Sachin,
though no record seems to exist, and had issue. She
- Zubeida Begum, born 1911, married 1930 (as his
second wife), Maharaja Narsingir Dhanrajgir of
Hyderabad, and had issue. She died 1988/1990.
- Raja Humayun Girji Dhanrajgirji Gyan
Bahadur, born 1936.
- Rajkumari Dhurrushvar Dhnrajgir
- Khalid Mohamed, Indian Film Critic (by
- Sultana Begum, married Seth Razzaq, and had issue.
- Jamila Razaq, born 1937 in Bombay, married
Waqar Hasan, born 12th September 1932 in
Amritsar, a former Test Cricketer for Pakistan
- Shehzadi Begum