|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT
The ancestors of the family migrated from
Chittorgarh, the home of the
Sisodia rulers, during the period of Rana Sanga due to
the internal strife, and established their own kingdom at Rampura in
the central provinces of India. From
there they conquered Bhanpura and Ajabgarh pargana (now Bhangarh and
Ajabgarh), a deserted town in Alwar district. It was conquered by
Maharaj Madho Singhji, brother of Maharaja
Man Singhji I of Amber in the 16th century. The Chandrawats were left
with the thikana of Sankotra for their maintenance. Sankotra
was built in
the 17th century, and is situated 48kms from Jaipur old city, and
surrounded by the Aravali ranges. Estate holders were ....
- Thakur NARAYAN SINGH,
Thakur of Sankotra, married and had issue.
- Thakur FATEH SINGH,
Thakur of Sankotra, married Thakurani Madan Kanwar of
Bhadlya, and had issue, four sons and
- Thakur Pratap Singh (qv)
- Thakur Umaid Singh, married to Thakurani Sahiba Roop
Kanwar from Hingota, and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Vijay Singh, married Kawarani Sahiba Bharti
daughter of Thakur Bhawani Singh of Guwala, and his wife,
Thakurani Sahiba Rajendra Kumari of Dudu.
- Kunwar Bhuneshwar Singh.
- Thakur Ranveer Singh, married Thakurani Sahiba Damyanti
Kanwar of Kableshwar, and has issue, one son and two daughters.
- Baisa Namita Singh, married Kunwar Jai Singh Rathore of
- Baisa Meeta Singh, presently (2011) engaged to Thakur
Singh of Neemla.
- Kunwar Yashveer Singh.
- Thakur Kuldeep Singh, married Thakurani Sahiba Madhu
Kanwar of Jorawarpura, Ajmer district, and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Aishwarya Singh
- Kunwar Nagendra Singh
- Baisa Laxmi Kumari, married Thakur Narpat
Singh of Khera, and has issue, two sons and one daugter.
- Thakur PRATAP SINGH,
Thakur of Sankotra, married Thakurani Sahiba Ratna Kanwar
of Peelwa, and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Jagat Singh, married Kawari Sahiba Ritu Kanwar,
daughter of Insp.-Gen. (ret'd.) Thakur Raghu Raj Singhji of Neemaj, and his wife, Thakurani Vijay
- Kunwar Hem Singh, married Kawari Padmini Singh, daughter
of Thakur Sultan Singh of Barkhana, and his wife,
Thakurani Sushma Kumari.
- Baisa of Sankotra, married Maharaja Sawai Jai Singhji III
of Jaipur, and had issue.
- HH Maharaja Sawai Ram Singhji III of Jaipur
- Baisa of Sankotra, married Maharaja Sawai Shivdan Singhji