LOCATION: Udaipur - Bhilwara Dist. AREA: 1,048.95 kmē VILLAGES: 90 (1931)POPULATION: 19,546 (1941) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 75,000 (1901) DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Sisodia - Ranawat clan SEAT: Shahpur Town ACCESSION: 7th April 1949
AGENCY: Superintendency of Ajmer then the Hadaoti-Tonk Agency 1915/1931 then Jaipur Residency 1931/1947 PRIVY PURSE: Rs 90,000
PRESENT RULER: HH Rajadhiraj INDRAJIT SINGH, 16th and present Raja of Shahpura.
born 9th March 1935, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1953); married 1stly, HH Ranidhirani Rajeshwari Devi [Princess Tummy] of Jamnagar, married 2ndly, a daughter of Maharaj Jabbar Singh of Jodhpur.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The state was founded in 1629 with a grant from the Emperor of Delhi in jagir of the Phulia Pargana and the title of "Commander of Two Thousand Troops". The chiefship was raised to that of a Princely State in 1925. Rulers were.....
- Raja SURAJ MAL,
1st Thakur of Shahpura 1629/-, second son of Maharana
Amir Singh I of Udaipur,
he joined the service of the Mughal Emperor, who gave
him the district of Phoolia and a mansab
(military posting) of 800 Zat (foot soldiers) and 300
Sowar (horse or horsemen), raised to 1,000 Jat and 500
Sowar in 1643, and to 1,500 Zat and 700 Sowar in 1645.
Later, he went to Kandahar with Prince Aurangzeb and,
in 1651, his mansab was again raised, to 2,000
Zat and 800 Sowar, married and had issue.
- Raja Sujan Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Fateh Singh, married and had issue. He died 1664 at the battle of Dharmat.
- Raja Himmat Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Viram Deo, received the mansab of 800 Jat and 400 Sowar, later raised to 3,000 Zat and 1,000 Sowar. Fought in the battle of Samugadh, with Prince Dara's force against Prince Aurangzeb, but later went over to Aurangzeb. Served in Assam with Ram Singh of Jaipur, returning to Mathura where he died circa 1688.
- Raja Daulat Singh (fourth son) (qv)
- Raja Bharat Singh (qv)
- Raja Umaid Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Udyot Singh, married and had issue. He died vp (poisoned by his own father).
- Raja Ram Singh (qv)
- Thakur Zalim Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakur Jay Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Fateh Singh, he died vpsp.
- (A) Thakur Devi Singh, he succeeded to his adoptive father's estate, married and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Thakur Balwant Singh, son of Thakur Sanwant Singh (see below)
- Thakur Bijay Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakur Sultan Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakur Zorawar Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Kesri Singh, he died after 1903.
- Kunwar Sabal Singh, he died after 1903.
- Kunwar Anar Singh, he died before 1903.
- Kunwar Sundar Singh, he died after 1903.
- Thakur Sanwant Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakur Balwant Singh, Thakur Saheb of Dhanop, he was adopted by Thakur Devi Singh (see above); married and had issue.
- Thakur Dhirat Singh, Thakur Saheb of Dhanop, married a daughter of
Thakur Megh Singh of Kotri in Kishangarh,
and had issue, one son. He died before 1903.
- HH Rajadhiraj Sir Nahar Singh Sahib Bahadur (qv)
- Thakur Kalyan Singh, married and had issue. He died before 1903.
- Kunwar Bahadur Singh, he died after 1903.
- Kunwar Chotu Singh, he died before 1903.
- Kunwar Zalim Singh, he died after 1903.
- Thakur Suraj Mal, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Devi Singh, he was adopted by his
uncle, Thakur Jay Singh.
- Thakur Ranjit Singh, married Thakurani Akhai Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Jait Singh of Auwa, and his third wife, Thakurani Gyan Kanwar.
- Raja Bhim Singh (qv)
- Rajadhiraj Amar Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar (name unknown), married and had issue.
- Kunwar Lakshman Singh, he was adopted by Rajadhiraja Jagat Singh, and succeeded as Rajadhiraj Lakshman Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married the
Ruling Prince of Jodhpur.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married the
Ruling Prince of Alwar.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married (as his 1st wife), Rao Raja Ram Pratap Singh, 8th Rao Raja of Sikar. She died sp.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married the Rao
Raja of Uniara,
- Rajadhiraj Madho Singh (qv)
- Thakur Ranjit Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakurani Kishan Kanwar, married (as his first
wife), Thakur Devi Singhji of Auwa, and had issue.
- Rajadhiraj Jagat Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married Maharaja Prithvi Singh of Kishangarh.
- (A) Rajadhiraj
Lakshman Singh (qv)
- HH Svasti Shri Rajadhiraja Sahib Umaid Singh II Bahadur (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Rajakumar Sardar Singh (by 2nd wife), Jagirdar of Dhanope, Badla and Kanda (12,000Rs), born 1880, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and at the Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, U.K.; he saw active service in France during WWI; married 1stly, Rajkumarani Raj Kunwar, she died 26th July 1904, a daughter of Raj Gobardhan Singh, died 1905 of Bijwa Raj in Pargana Bhur of Kheri District in the United Provinces, a branch of the Jangre Chauhans, married 2ndly, a Kumari of Chhota-Udaipur, and had issue.
- Raj Shatranjai Deo [aka Shatrunjaiji] (by Rajkumarani Raj Kunwar), Taluqdar of Ramnagar (Bachur) in 1933, born 24th June 1904, he succeeded his maternal grandfather as the Raj of Bijwa; married and had issue.
- Raja Lokendra Deo, Raj of Bijwa
- Rajkumar Prakram Deo [aka Prakaramsinghji](by 2nd wife), born 1914, married and had issue.
- Kanwarani Rasika Raje, married 18th February
1984, Kanwar Udai Singh of Alipura, and has
issue, two daughters.
- Rajkumar Jai Deo [aka Jeysinghji](by 2nd wife), born 1920.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married (as his third wife) on 12th July 1926 (#3), Hon. Lt. Maharaja Mahendra Maan Singh of Bhadawar.
- HH Maharani Prema Kumari Devi (by 2nd wife), married 25th November 1925 (#3), HH Maharaja Sir Pratap Chandra Bhanj Deo of Mayurbhanj.
- HH Maharani Shri Gulab Kunverba Sahiba, married 1896 (as his first wife), Capt. HH Maharana Raj Saheb Shri Sir Amarsinhji Banesinhji, Maharana Raj Saheb of Wankaner.
- HH Maharani (name unknown) Kumari, married HH Maharana Shri Jorawarsinhji Pratapsinhji, Rana of Sant Rampur.
- HH Thakorani (name
unknown) Kunverba Sahiba (by 4th wife),
married 1920, HH Thakore Sahib Shri Jorawarsinhji
Jaswantsinhji, Thakore Sahib of Wadhwan.
- HH Rajadhiraj Sudershan Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari Chandraprabha, married Raja Shri Amar Krishna Narain Singh, Raja of Ramnagar-Dhameri, and had issue.
- Yuvrani Jyoti Prabha, married Yuvaraj Alekshandra
Kant Singh of Bhinga,
and had issue.
- HH Rajadhiraj Indrajit Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari Mahendra Kumari [Princess Bapujija], born 2nd May 1936, married 10th December 1961, Thakur Amarjeet Singh of Gumanpura, born 1935, died 2005, son of General Thakur Nathu Singh (1900-1994), and has issue.
- Thakur Shatrujeet Singh Rathore, born January 1963, married 11th March 1993, Thakurani Maya Singh, daughter of Col. Apji Bharat Singh Hada of Koela-Kotah, and has issue, one daughter.
- Trisha Rathore, born 17th November 1998.
- Thakur Jai Singh Rathore, born December 1965, married 21st February 1994, Thakurani Mandvi Kumari, third daughter of Thakur Dhirender Singh Bist, and his wife, Thakurani Vijaya Kumari, daughter of Lt.-Gen. Thakur Umrao Singhji (see Chomu), and has issue, two daughters.
- Baisa Tameksha Rathore born 28 September 1995.
- Baisa Darshini Rathore, born 26th
- Rajkumari Mridul Kumari [Princess Shilujija], born 18th August 1941.