|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The predecessor state was known as Manoharpur and was
situated 77 kilometres to the north of Jaipur city. It
pays Rs 6,300 in tribute and serves the Darbar with
Cavalry if needed. Estate holders were....
- Rao MANOHAR,
Rao of Shahpura 1584/1616, granted a mansab of 1000
zat and 600 sawars later increased to 1000 zat and 800
sawars, founder of the Thikana named after himself,
Manoharpur, married and had issue. He died 1616 in the
- Kunwar Rai Chand, married and had issue. He died
1615 in the battle of Bangash.
- Rao Prithvi Chand (qv)
- Rao PRITHVI CHAND,
Rao of Shahpura 1616/1620, granted a mansab of 500 zat
and 300 sawars later increased to 700 zat and 500
sawars, died in the siege of Kangra Fort in 1620.
- Rao TILOK CHAND,
Rao of Shahpura 1620/1655, granted the jagir of
Manoharpur and a mansab
of 1000 zat and 600 sawars.
- Rao ANAND CHAND,
Rao of Shahpura 1655/1686, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Amar Chand, married and had issue. He died
- Rao Jagat Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Shiv Singh
- Kunwar Arjun Singh
- Kumari Kalyan Kanwar [Jamilatunnissa Begum],
married 10th August 1681, Shahazada Kaim Baksh of
- Rao JAGAT SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1686/1702, married and had issue.
- Rao Sagat Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Sardar Singh of Deobandh-Bakri
- Rao SAGAT SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1702/1738, married and had issue.
- Rao Jaswant Singh (qv)
- Baisa (name
unknown), married 1719, Maharaja Ajit Singh
of Jodhpur. She
committed sati in June 1724.
- Rao JASWANT SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1738/1756, he was killed in 1756 by
Sawai Raja Jai Singh II of Jaipur, who proclaimed
Shahpura as khalsa
- Rao NATHU SINGH,
Rao of Ajitgarh 1756/1793, married and had issue. He
died 1793 at Ajitgarh.
- Rao Bishan Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Prithvi Singh of Garh, married and had
- Rao Hanuwant Singh (qv)
- Rao Gal Singh of Garh, married and had issue.
- Rao Balwant Singh, married and had issue.
- Rani Sahiba Shekawatji, married 1904, (as
his fourth wife), Maharaj Sher Singh of Chokelov in
- Baisa Bijai Kanwar, married Maharaj Shri Paney
Singhji Sahib, Thakur Saheb of Banisar, and had
issue (see Bikaner).
- Kunwar Berisal Singh of Palri.
- Rao BISHAN SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1793/1810, shifted the capital from
Manoharpur to Shahpura, died sp on 3rd August
- Rao HANUWANT SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1810/1856, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Lakshman Singh, died vp on 3rd May
- Rao Baldeo Singh (qv)
- Rao Shivnath Singh (qv)
- Rao BALDEO SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1856/1858, died sp in 1858.
- Rao SHIVNATH SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1858/1881, he succeeded by adoption,
married Rani Lad Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Jhujhar
Singh of Geejgarh,
and had adoptive issue. He died sp in 1881 at
- (A) Rao Pratap Singh Bahadur (qv)
- Rao PRATAP SINGH
Bahadur, Rao of Shahpura 1881/1942, born 18th
February 1871, son of Thakur Balwant Singh of Garh, he
succeded by adoption in 1881, he was granted the title
of Bahadur by HH Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II of
Jaipur, married 1stly, Rani Udawatji of Ras, married
2ndly, Rani Hadiji of Ratangarh, and had issue. He
died 16th October 1942 (18th October 1939 #1).
- Kunwar Kalyan Singh (by 1st wife), married twice,
and had issue. He died vp on 30th November
- Rao Dhir Singh (by 2nd wife)(qv)
- Thakur Veer Singh (by 2nd wife), married and has
- Baisa Madhu Kumari, married 7th March 1991,
Kunwar Rajveer Singh of Bhainsrorgarh,
born 10th March 1966, and has issue.
- Rao DHIR SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura 1942/1974, born 10th August 1935,
educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and then at Maharaja
College, Jaipur, earned his B.A. LL.B. from Rajasthan
University, married Rani Gunwant Kumari, daughter of
Thakur Mukund Singh of Chanod
in Marwar, and had issue. He died 24th June 1974.
- Rao Rajendra Singh (qv)
- Thakur Surendra Singh, born 20th June 1964,
married 10th December 1987, Thakurani Ratan Kumari,
daughter of Kunwar Balbhadra Chand of Chenani in Jammu, and
his wife, Kunwarani Prabha Kumari, and has issue.
- Kunwar Digraj Singh
- Kunwar Adhiraj Singh
- Rajkumari Anurekha Kumari, married 1974, Kunwar
Yaduvendra Singh Bhati
- Rajkumari Chandrakala Kumari, married 1976, Kunwar
Chandan Singh Rathod.
- Rao RAJENDRA SINGH,
Rao of Shahpura (see above)