|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The family claim descent from the Raksel Rajas of Palamau. Rulers included ......
- Raja JAGGANATH
SINGH Deo, 98th Raja of Surguja 1562/1574
- Raja GARAGNATH
SINGH Deo, 99th Raja of Surguja 1574/1591
- Raja RUPNATH SINGH
Deo, 100th Raja of Surguja 1591/1602
- Raja GANNATH SINGH
Deo, 101st Raja of Surguja 1602/1621
- Raja SRABPAL SINGH
Deo, 102nd Raja of Surguja 1623/1633
- Raja NARENDRA RUDRA
SINGH Deo, 103rd Raja of Surguja 1633/1678
- Raja BAIHA DADU
SINGH Deo, 104th Raja of Surguja 1678/1709
- Raja BALBHADRA
SINGH I Deo, 105th Raja of Surguja 1709/1728
- Raja JASWANT SINGH
Deo, 106th Raja of Surguja 1728/1749
- Raja BAHADUR SINGH
Deo, 107th Raja of Surguja 1749/1758
- Raja SHEO SINGH Deo,
108th Raja of Surguja 1760/-
- Raja AJIT SINGH Deo,
109th Raja of Surguja 1792/1799, married and had
- Rajkumar (name unknown), married and had
- Raja Lal Amar Singh Deo (qv)
- Lal Bahadur Bishveshwar Bux Singh Deo, Zamindar
of Lakhanpur; married and had issue.
- Lal Bahadur Maheshvari Singh Deo, Zamindar of
Lakhanpur; married and had issue.
- Lal Bahadur Ram Prasad Singh Deo, Zamindar
of Lakhanpur; married and had issue.
- Lal Bahadur Harprasad Singh Deo, Zamindar
of Lakhanpur; married and had issue, six
- Lal Bahadur Avdhendra Prasad Singh Deo,
Zamindar of Lakhanpur; married and had
issue, six sons.
- Lal Bahadur Amresh Prasad Singh Deo,
Zamindar of Lakhanpur, M.L.A. in 1962,
married Smt. Tarangmanjari Devi of
Mayurbhanj, and had issue, four sons and
- Lal Bahadur Shri Ajit Pratap Singh
Deo, present Zamindar and Kharposhdar
of Lakhanpur, born 31st October 1947
in Lakhanpur, educated at B.H.U.
(Graduate), married 18th May 1975 in
Narayanpur (Bhojpur) in Bihar, Smt.
Leena Singh Deo, and has issue, four
- Kumar Amit Singh Deo, married
Kumari Shivani Sahi, eldest daughter
of Rajkunwar Marutendra Pratap Sahi
and his wife, Rajkuvarani Shiv Priya
- Kumari Archana Singh Deo
- Kumari Anupama Singh Deo
- Kumar Sumit Singh Deo.
- Lalji Ranjeet Pratap Singh Deo,
married Kumari Smita Singh, and has
- Kumar Digvijay Singh Deo, born
17th October 1981 in Ambikapur,
- Kumar Ranvijay Singh Deo, born
15th January 1984 in Jabalpur, M.P.
- Kumari Minakshi Kumari, married
Kunwar Dhiren Singhji Pradumansinhji
Udaipur, and has issue.
- Lalji Indrajeet Pratap Singh Deo,
married Kumari Shova Manjari Devi,
daughter of Raja Suraj Mani Deo Samant
and his wife, Rani Radha Manjari Devi,
and has issue, three daughters.
- Kumari Supriya Singh
- Kumari Swati Singh
- Kumari Sneha Singh
- Lalji Vikramajeet Pratap Singh Deo
- Kumari Radharani Singh Deo, married
Rajkumar Rajendra Prasad Singh of Daiya,
and has issue.
- Kumari Usha Singh Deo, married Kumar
Rabindra Narayan Singh Deo of Seraikella.
- Kumari Nirmala Singh Deo, married
Kumar Leladitya Deb of Bamra (Deogarh)
- Kumari Kalpana Singh Deo, married
Kumar Pratap Chandra Singh Deo of Kharsawan.
- Kumari Indu Singh Deo, married Kumar
Ramanuj Pratap Singh Deo of Kharsawan.
- Lal Suresh Prasad Singh Deo
- Lal Ramesh Prasad Singh Deo
- Lal Devendra Prasad Singh Deo
- Lal Akhandeshwar Prasad Singh Deo
- Lal Brijendra Prasad Singh Deo
- Lalji Yadvendra Prasad Singh Deo
- Lalji Raghuvendra Prasad Singh Deo
- Lalji Shailendra Prasad Singh Deo
- Lalji Devendra Prasad Singh Deo
- Lalji Umendra Prasad Singh Deo
- Raja BALBHADRA
SINGH II Deo, 110th Raja of Surguja 1799/1800
- Raja Lal SINGRAM
SINGH Deo, 111th Raja of Surguja 1800/1813
- Raja BALBHADRA
SINGH II Deo (nephew), Raja of Surguja
1813/1816 (second time)
- Raja Lal AMAR SINGH
Deo, 112th Raja of Surguja 1820/1851, married
and had issue.
- Raja Indrajit Singh Deo (qv)
- Raja Bindeshwar Prasad Singh Deo Bahadur, he was
adopted to Udaipur
- Raja INDRAJIT SINGH
Deo, 113th Raja of Surguja 1851/1879, born
1827, married and had issue. He died 25th March 1879.
- Raja Bahadur Raghunath Saran Singh Deo (qv)
- Raja Bahadur
RAGHUNATH SARAN SINGH Deo, 114th Raja of
Surguja 1879/1917, born 1862, succeeded 25th March
1879 (#1), married and
had issue. He died 31st December 1917.
- Maharaja Ramanuj Saran Singh Deo (qv)
- Rajkumari Chandrakanta Kumari [Ranidhirani
Chandrakanta Kumari of Banera], married 1899,
Rajadhiraj Amar Singhji of Banera, and had issue.
- Maharaja RAMANUJ SARAN SINGH Deo
C.B.A., 115th Maharaja of Surguja 1917/1965, born 4th
November 1895 (#2), he
succeeded to the gadi
on 31st December 1917; C.B.E. (Civil) [cr.1919],
Maharaja [cr.1918], he was a keen shikari; married
1stly, Maharani (name
unknown), she had issue, two sons and one
daughter, married 2ndly, 1922, Maharani (name unknown), a
niece of HM King Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Jung Bahadur
Shah Dev Bahadur of Nepal, she had issue, one son and
one daughter, and had issue, three sons and two
daughters. He died 1965.
- Maharaja Ambikeshwar Saran Singh Deo (by 1st
- Maharajkumar Chandikeshwar Saran Singh Deo (by 1st
marriage), born 2nd January 1914, married
Maharajkumar Rani Saheb Bhupeswari Kumari, and had
- Rajkumar T. S. Singh Deo (+), married Rajkumari
T. S. Devi, daughter of Raja Kishor Chandra
Deo Bhanj of Daspalla,
and his wife, Rani Ras Sundari Devi, and had
issue, three daughters.
- Rajkumari Abhilasha Kumari, married Maj.-Gen.
Mahavir Singh, and has issue, two children.
- Rajkumari Devaki Kumari [Rani Devaki Kumari of
Khandpara], married Raja Saheb Bibhuti Bhushan
Singh of Khandpara
in Orissa, and has issue, one son and one
- Rajkumari Sandhaya Kumari, married Shri
Rajendra Singh, and has issue, one child. (Indore,
Madhya Pradesh, India)
- Rajkumar Madweshwar Saran Singh Deo
- Rajkumar Brijeshwar Saran Singh Deo, died sp unmarried.
- Maharaj Shri Umeshwar Saran Singh Deo, born 10th
March 1942, married March 1978 in Indore, Rani
Nirmala Kumari Sahiba, daughter of HH Maharana Sahib Devi Singhji
of Barwani, and
his wife, HH Maharani Dilhar Kumari, and has
issue, two children.
- Rajkumari Ambika Kumari
- Rajkumar Vindeshwar Saran Singh Deo
- Maharaj Shri Someshwar Saran Singh Deo, born 2nd
July 1947, married 25th February 1984 in Patna,
Rani Manju Singh, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Abha Kumari, engaged 8th June 2010
in Jaipur and married 6th February 2011 in
Surguja, to Kanwar Manav Singh of Chamba, and has
issue, one son.
- Rajkumari Vijyeshwari Kumari, married Kanwar
Mayurdhwaj Singh, son of Thakur Gajendra Singh
and his wife, Thakurani Devendra Kumari.
- Rajkumari Lata Kumari, married in Kesat, and has
issue, one child.
- Rajkumari Prabha Kumari, married Maharaj
Mahipendra Singh of Ajaigarh,
and has issue, one child.
- Rajkumari Jyoti Kumari (+), married Thakur Shri
Shailendra Kumar Singh of Pachon (see Churhat), U.P., and
had issue, two children.
- Kunwar Nripendra Singh, married
Kunwarani Kamakshi, daughter of Lt. Col. Mandaleshwar
Shriman Lal Pushp Mitr Singh Deo, Zamindar of
Patna in Orissa, and his wife, Rani Meenakshi
Devi, and has issue.
- Bhanwar Saamanyu Pratap Singh
- Kumari Shruti Singh, married Shri
- Thakorani Manishwari Devi (by 1st marriage),
married Thakore Saheb Surendrasinhji Karansinhji of
Sayla, and had issue.
- Raja Chandra Chur Prasad Singh Deo (by 2nd
marriage), adopted into Udaipur in Madhya
Pradesh in 1927.
- Rajkumari Prem Lata Devi (by 2nd marriage), born
19th February 1925, married Thakore Sahib
Pravinsinhji Gambhirsinhji of Wallabhipur/Vala, and has issue.
AMBIKESHWAR SARAN SINGH Deo, 116th Maharaja
of Surguja 1965/1966, born 14th December 1910, married
1stly, 1925, married 2ndly, Maharani Krishna Kumari,
daughter of HH Raja Ram Singhji of Sitamau, and had issue, six
children. He died December 1966.
- Rajkumari Chandra Kiran Kumari (+), married
Maharaja Saheb Shri Shri Shri Ramachandra Gajapathi
Narayana Deo of Parla-Khimedi
in Orissa, and has issue.
- Maharaja Madaneshwar Singh Deo (qv)
- Rajkumar Kameshwar Saran Singh Deo, died aged 14
- Rajkumari Shashi Kiran Kumari (by Maharani Krishna
Kumari) [Rani Shashi Kiran Kumari Sahiba of
Dhampur], married Maharaj Virendra Singh of Dhampur
(+), and has issue (see Sailana).
- Rajkumari Hemlata Kumari, married Raja Saheb Uday
Pratap Singh of Bhiti, and has issue, three
- Rajkumari Rajshree Singh, married Shri
Deepak Agrawal, and has issue, one daughter.
- Yuvraj Saheb Chandra Pratap Singh,
married Yuvrani Sahib Radhika Singh of Dhooni,
and has issue, two children.
- Maharajkumar Jagdeshwar Saran Singh Deo, married
Kurani Saheb Rajshree Singh Deo, daughter of the
late Thakur Saheb Shashi Bhushan Singh of Manegaon,
Narsinghpur, M.P., and has issue, two children.
- Rajkumar Vishweshwar Saran Singh Deo
- Rajkumari Gitanjali Kumari, married in March 2008,
Rajkumar Suryavir Singh of Idar.
MADANESHWAR SINGH Deo, 117th Maharaja of
Surguja 1966/2001, born 2nd June 1930, former Chief
Secretary of the Government of Madhya Pradesh, married
1stly, a Princess of Rajkot, died sp, married
2ndly, 21st April 1948 at Woodville Palace, Maharani
Devendra Kumari (now the Rajmata of Surguja), Minister
in the Government of Madhya Pradesh, daughter of Raja
Rana Digvijay Chand of Jubbal,
and his wife, Rani Hemant Kanwar; and had issue, five
children. He died 2001.
- Rajkumari Mohini Kumari, married Shri J. S. B.
Rana of Nepal, and has issue, two children.
- Maharaja Tribhuvaneshwar Saran Singh Deo (qv)
- Rajkumari Asha Kumari,
born 23rd September 1955, B.A., President's Medal
awardee for girl guides; General Secretary, M.L.B.
Girls College, Bhopal, 1975/1977; represented
M.L.B. Girls College as University representative to
Bhopal University; 1977/1978; Elected President
NSUI, Bhopal University, 1978/1979; Regional
Director, INTACH, 1990/1991. Elected to State
Legislative Assembly, 1985 and returned to the
Assembly in November, 1993. Inducted as Minister of
State for Primary Education (Ind. charge) on 18
October 1995 till 1998. Re-elected in 1998 and 2003.
Education Minister from 2003-2005. Also Panel of
Chairman of H.P. Vidhan Sabha and Chairman of
various House Committees. Currently elected Congress
M.L.A. from Dalhousie Assembly segment; and
appointed Chairman, Public Undertakings Committee.
State convenor of INTACH. Interests include, reading
(especially books on psychology), cooking, music
ande sports. Received Best Parliamentary Award for
outstanding attendance in the meetings of the House
Committees during 1994/1995 by the Himachal Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Shimla; married 19th April 1979,
Rajkumar Brijendra Singhji of Chamba, and has issue,
- Rajkumari Manjushree Kumari, married Ashok Anand,
and has issue, two children.
- Rajkumar Aruneshwar Saran Singh Deo, Maharaj Kumar
Aruneshwar Saran Singh Deo, Ex Chairman/ Sc Vice
Chairman Awas Sangh, Madhya Pradesh. Currently
Chairman Bhopal Divisional Cricket Association and
President Bhopal District Rifle Club. Lifetime
Trustee, Rajkumar College Raipur and Chairman The
Mayoor School, Bhopal. Patron to various Sports
bodies presently. Married to Kunrani Sapna Singh
Deo, daughter of Late Ayodhyanath Seth, Business man
in Bhopal and his wife, Mrs. Asha Seth. She is the
owner to the World Of Cottons, GoodHomes and
Worship, all based in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, and
has issue, two children, a son and daughter.
- Yuvraj Aadityeshwar Saran Singh Deo, Masters of
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Product
Design, from the University of California, Berkley
and Bachelors of Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering.
Currently working as Mechanical Design Engineer at
Schlumberger, Houston, Texas. Married to Trishala
Singh Deo daughter of Shri Mahendra Singh Sisodia,
Congress MLA (Bamori) Guna District in Madhya
Pradesh & Chairman Co-operative Bank, and his
wife, Shiva Raje Sisodia, daughter of Late Raja
Ragvendra Singh Judev Bundela of Khaniyadhana.
- Rajkumari Aishwarya Kumari Singh Deo, who's
schooling is from The Sanskaar valley School,
Bhopal. And further Bachelors of Arts in
International Politics from Kings College London
along side certificate degrees in Journalism and
International Law from the University of Oxford,
Interior Design from the University Of Arts London
and International Journalism and Society from the
London School of Economics and Political Science.
Since 2011 has been the Founder and President of
Ashray, an NGO working for the welfare of Stray
Animals in Bhopal.
TRIBHUVANESHWAR SARAN SINGH Deo, 118th
Maharaja of Surguja (see above)
- Lal Vikramaditya Pratap Singh Deo of Lakhanpur,
married Lal Saheba Pratima Singh, and has issue.
- Kumar Virendra Singh Deo, born 22nd July 1988 in