|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
A Third Class state founded in the 18th century as an
off-shoot of Bhavnagar.
The Thakore Sahib exercises the following jurisdictional
powers:- Civil - suits up to Rs 20,000 and Criminal -
sentences up to seven years rigorous imprisonment and a
fine of Rs 10,000 (#3
p.345). Rulers were....
- Thakore Sahib
BHAVSINHJI, 1st Thakore Shri of Vala
1740/1774, twin brother of Thakore Sahib Akherajji
Bhavsinhji of Bhavnagar, married and had issue. He
- Thakore Sahib Nathubhai Visaji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Kayabhai Visaji
- Kumar Shri Jethibhai Visaji
NATHUBHAI VISAJI, 2nd Thakore Shri of Vala
MEGHABHAI NATHUBHAI, 3rd Thakore Shri of Vala
1798/1814, married and had issue. He died 1814.
- Thakore Sahib Harbhamji Meghabhai (qv)
- Thakore Sahib Patabhai Meghabhai (qv)
- Kumar Shri Adabhai Meghabhai
HARBHAMJI MEGABHAI, 4th Thakore Shri of Vala
1814/1838, married and had issue. He died 1838.
- Kumar Shri Kalyansinhji Harbhamji, died young
- Thakore Sahib Daulatsinhji Harbhamji (qv)
DAULATSINHJI HARBHAMJI, 5th Thakore Shri of
Vala 1838/1840, died spm in 1840.
PATABHAI MEGABHAI, 6th Thakore Shri of Vala
1840/1853, died 1853.
PRITHIRAJJI PATABHAI, 7th Thakore Shri of
Vala 1853/1860, died 1860.
MEGHRAJJI PRITHIRAJJI, 8th Thakore Shri of
Vala 1860/1875, married and had issue. He died 20th
- Thakore Sahib Vakhatsinhji Meghrajji Sahib (qv)
- Kumar Shri Akherajji Meghrajji, married and had
- Kumar Shri Pratapsinhji Akherajji of Dared
- Kumar Shri Ranjeetsinhji Akherajji
Thakore Sahib Raol
Shri VAKHATSINHJI MEGHRAJJI, 9th Thakore Shri
of Vala 1875/1943, born 19th October 1864 (#3 p.340), succeeded 20th
August 1875 (#1)(#3
p.340), educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot;
married Rani Saheb Shri Amjiba, daughter of Thakore
Shri Togaji of Kotda-Sangani,
and had issue. He died 1943.
- Thakore Sahib Gambhirsinhji Vakhatsinhji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Mangalsinhji Vakhatsinhji, married and
- Kumar Shri Kanaksinhji Mangalsinhji, married and
- Kumar Shri Krishnachandrasinhji Kanaksinhji,
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1972).
- Kumar Shri Jaswantsinhji Mangalsinhji
- HH Maharani Shri Phul Kunverba Sahiba, married (as
his fourth wife), Capt. HH Maharana Raj Saheb Shri
Sir Amarsinhji Banesinhji, Maharana Raj Saheb of Wankaner.
Thakore Sahib Raol Shri
GAMBHIRSINHJI VAKHATSINHJI, 10th Thakore Shri
of Vala 1943/- , born 25th April 1889 (#2), educated at
Harrow 1904/1907 and Clare College, Cambridge and with
the Imperial Cadet Corps, Dehra Dun; he succeeded to
the gadi on
5th June 1943, acceeded to the Dominion of India on
27th August 1947, he entered into a Covenant for the
formation of the State of Saurashtra on 22nd January
1948; married 9th March 1912, Kumari Shri Rajkunverba,
younger daughter of Thakore Shri Verisalji Vijaysinhji
of Roha in Kutch, and had issue, two sons and two
- Thakore Sahib Pravinsinhji Gambhirsinhji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Vikramsinhji Gambhirsinhji Gohil,
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot; died in April
- Rani Bhupendra Kumari, married Maharaj Narpat
Singh of Jodhpur,
and had issue.
Thakore Sahib Rao
Shri PRAVINSINHJI GAMBHIRSINHJI, 11th Thakore
Shri of Vala (see above)