LOCATION: Gujarat - Sabarkantha Dist. AREA: 349.65 kmē VILLAGES: 58 POPULATION: 5,858 (1931) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 57,630 (1931) DYNASTY: Rathore SEAT: Pol 1718-1864, Ghodasar 1864-1934, Vijaynagar since 1934 ACCESSION: 10th June 1948
AGENCY: Mahi Kantha Agency (1931) PRIVY PURSE: Rs 50,000
PRESENT RULER: Rao Sahib Shri HARSHWARDHAN SINGHJI, 7th and present Rao Shri of Vijaynagar since 20th June 2000.
born 16th October 1957, Installed on the gaddi on 3rd July 2000, married Rani Sahib Gargi Devi, daughter of HH Maharaja Lokendra Krishan Singh Ju Dev Bahadur, 12th Maharaja of Datia.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: This state, also known as Polo, was located to the North-East of Idar Town, North of the Hathmati River, along the Udaipur-Mewar border. Raja Jaichand of Kannauj was father (or grandfather) of Rao Soningji, his second son, who established himself in Idar about 1257AD. His descendant was Rao Bhawani fl.1406, father of Rao Sujoji, living in the middle of the 15th century, he defeated Palli Bhil and became the 1st Chief of Pol. Pol as a State ceased to exist in 1898, and it merged into the State of Vijaynagar, and Rao Prahi Singh Hamir Singh reigned 1889-98 in Pol, took over the gadi in Vijaynagar and reigned until his death in 1905. The Chief of Pol, ranks first of the Second Class Mahi Kantha Chiefs and resides at Ghoradar (1880). The Raos of Pol pay no tribute and hold no deed of adoption but follow the rule of Primogeniture. The state enjoys plenary powers. Rulers were....
- Rao Shri CHANDRASINHJI KARANSINHJI, 1st Rao Shri of Pol 1718/1720, formerly 24th Rao of Idar, he lost Idar and retired to Polo, where, after killing members of his wife's family, he seated himself on the gaddi; married and had issue.
- Rao Shri Kesarsinhji Chandrasinhji (qv)
- Rao Shri Navalsinhji Pahadsinhji (qv)
- Rao Shri Prithisinhji Hamirsinhji (qv)
- Rao Shri Mohobatsinhji Hamirsinhji (qv)
- Rao Shri Bhopatsinhji Hamirsinhji (qv)
AGENCY MANAGER [24.10.1889] - [26.1.1893]
- Rao Shri Jashwantsinhji Prithisinhji, he succeeded in Pol (qv)
AGENCY MANAGER [5.11.1903] - [22.3.1906]
- (A) Rao Shri Mohabatsinhji Bhupatsinhji (qv)
- Maharao Shri Hamirsinhji II Mohobatsinhji (qv)
- Thakore Shri Jorawarsinhji Mohobatsinhji, born 17th March 1906 (#3 p.30), married and had issue. (see Verabar)
- Kumar Shri (name unknown) Jowarsinghji, married a daughter of Thakur Raj Sahib Mahobbat Singh, 14th Thakur Raj Sahib of Bichhiwara.
- Kumar Shri Gulabsinhji Mohobatsinhji, born 19th March 1908 (#3 p.30).
- Kumar Shri Keshrirsinhji Mohobatsinhji, born 4th June 1918 (#3 p.30).
- Kumar Shri Bhavanisinhji Mohobatsinhji, born 21st September 1920 (#3 p.30), married Baisa Hukam Nanda Kumariji, daughter of Thakur Saheb Kishore Singhji, 8th Thakur Saheb of Baghpura, and his 1st wife, Thakurani Krishna Kumari, and had issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kumar Shri Narendrasinhji Bhavanisinhji, married in Thikana Matar in Gujarat
- Kumari Hansa Kumariji, married Wing Commander Subhkaran Singhji Ranawat of Thikana Karohi in Mewar.
- Rao Sahib Shri Pratapsinhji Hamirsinhji (qv)
- Rao Sahib Shri Harshwardhan Singhji (qv)
- Rajkumar Vijayvardhan Singh, born 25th October 1962, married Kavrani Asha Kumari, daughter of Thakur Shri Karan Singhji of Khejarla in Rajasthan, and has issue, one son and two daughters.
- Baijilal Chandrika Kumari Rathore, born 2nd
December 1987, married 14th February 2009, Kanwar
Sahib Shivarjun Singhji of Mandawa, and has
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Baijilal Kritika Kumari Rathore, born 30th September 1991.
- Bhawar Vishva Vardhan Singh Rathore, born 28th August 1993.
- Rajkumari Hitendra Kumari, married Maharaj Mahendra Singh Parmar of Santrampur in Panchmahal Distt., Gujarat, and has issue. (Veracruz, Mexico)
- Sheila Parmar
- Dr. Abhimanyu Singh (Kush) Parmar, MD-PhD student at Harvard University, Boston (Med. and M.I.T. combined program), engaged in 2010, to Rajkumari Padmaja Kumari, daughter of Maharaj Shri Arvind Singhji of Udaipur, and his wife, Rani Raj Vijayraj Kumari, and has issue.
- Rohita Kumari
- Shri Gulabsinhji, married and had issue.
- Rao Shri Pahadsinhji Gulabsinhji (qv)
- Kumar Shri (name unknown) Gulabsinhji (qv)
- Rao Shri Hamirsinhji I (qv)