LOCATION: Fiji (Naitasiri Province) AREA: xx acres CREATION: xx
TITLE: Qaranivalu DYNASTY: xx SEAT: xx
PRESENT TITLE HOLDER: Ratu Inoke Takiveikata, 8th Qaranivalu of Naitasiri since 1997.
born 1949, he served in the interim Cabinet of Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase as Minister for Regional Development and Multi-ethnic Affairs, in 2000 and 2001, when he was appointed to the Senate on 14 September 2001; he remained a Senator until 17th October 2005, when his seat was declared vacant; married 1stly (div.), Vilisi, married 2ndly, Adi Lagamu Lewaturaga Baledrokadroka, (married 1stly, Ratu Ilaitia Kitu Matanimeke Vuiyasawu, see Vunivalu of Bau), daughter of Ratu Alipate Baledrokadroka, Turaga Taukei ni Waluvu, and has issue, by first marriage.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The Qaranivalu (said to be the most senior title in the Province of Naitasiri) exercises direct chiefly authority over the villages of Navuso, Tamavua, Kalabu, Vuniniudrovu, Kasavu, Nacokaika, Naganivatu, Nakini, Natowaika, Deladamanu, Waitolu, and Drekeiwaila, and is considered the overlord of the Roko Tui Vuna, the traditional ruler of the villages of Sawani, Navatuvula, and Colo-i-Suva. Title holders were.....
- Ratu Savou, Vunivalu of Nakauvadra, he brought his people down from the hill settlements of Nakauvadra to more fertile, lower lying land around Navuso on the Rewa river; married and had issue.
- Ratu Jese Vutikalulu (qv)
- Ratu Jese Vutikalulu, 1st Qaranivalu of Naitasiri -/1864, originally from from Lutu Wainibuka, he was installed as the first Vunivalu of Naivisere, later Qaranivalu of Naitasiri; married and had issue. He died around 1864.
- Ratu Uraia, he was still too young to enforce his authority on the people of Naitasiri, and the power was usurped by Ratu Vakaruru, who had the support of Bau; married and had issue.
- Dr. Fereti Dewa
- Rev. Uraia Veiwalitaki
- Ratu Timoci Vakaruru, 2nd Qaranivalu of Naitasiri 1864/1872; born 1832, married 1857, Adi Arieta Kuila, born 1840, died 1887, eldest daughter of Ratu Seru Epenisa Cakobau, 6th Vunivalu of Bau, and his wife, Adi Litia Samanunu, and had issue, seven sons. He died 1872.
- Ratu Peni Tanoa (qv)
- Adi Sanimili Rokolewasau, married Ro Epeli Vakacaracara, son of Ro Peceli Musudroka, Vunivalu of Rewa, and had issue.
- Ro Tirisaani Banuve, married Napolioni Silatolu, Taukei Bureorewa, Head of the Yavusa Verata, Lomanikoro, Rewa, and had issue (see Vunivalu of Rewa).
- Ro Kadavulevu, died young.
- Ratu Apenisa Ravulo (qv)
- Ratu Timoci Qiolevu, born 1872 in Navuso, married 1896, Emi Burt, and had issue. He died 19xx.
- Ratu Popi Seniloli Qiolevu (qv)
- Ratu Timoci Etuate Vitu Qiolevu (qv)
- Ratu Peni Tanoa, 3rd Qaranivalu of Naitasiri 1872/-; born 1859 in Navuso, married (sep'd.), Adi Litia Cakobau, born 1876, died 6th December 1952 in Bau, daughter of Ratu Timoci Tavanavanua, Roko Tui Dreketi, and his wife, Adi Tupouto'a.
- Ratu Apenisa Ravulo, 4th Qaranivalu of Naitasiri
- Ratu Popi Seniloli, 5th Qaranivalu of Naitasiri -/1966; born 1909 in Navuso, married and had issue, as well as further issue. He died 1966.
- Ratu Savenaca Naulivou (qv)
- Ratu Inoke Takiveikata (qv)
- Ratu Timoci Etuate Vitu Qiolevu, 6th Qaranivalu of Naitasiri 1966/1988; born 1912 in Navuso, married 1936, Adi Salaiwalu Kaikoso, born 1917, and had issue. He died 1988.
- Ratu Alifereti Donu Qiolevu, born 7th December 1937, married and had issue. He died 29th April 1982.
- Ratu Filimone Vuki Qiolevu
- Ratu Loco Kalokalodrau Qiolevu
- Ratu Savenaca Naulivou, 7th Qaranivalu of Naitasiri 1988/1997, died 1997.
- Ratu Inoke Takiveikata, 8th Qaranivalu of Naitasiri (see above)