LOCATION: Fiji (Viti Levu Island) AREA: xx acres CREATION: xx
TITLE: Vunivalu DYNASTY: xx SEAT: xx
PRESENT TITLE HOLDER: Ro Epeli Vakacaracara Mataitini, Vunivalu of Rewa since July 2008.
born 19th Februry 1935, a former Senator and N.L.T.B. (Native Land Trust Board) member; educated at Marist Brother's High School (1953) and at the Koronivia Farm Institute (Certificate in Tropical Agriculture, 1957); Assistant Land Agent, N.L.T.B. 1954/1960; he workes as a Farm Manager/Instructor in the British Solomon Islands Protectorate 1960/1966, then as Field Officer, Agricultural Department 1966/1968; Agricultural Instructor, Navuso Agricultural School, 1968/1971; Farm Manager, Adi Cakobau School, 1977/1990; Member of the Rewa Tikina and Provincial Councils; Member, Native Lands Tribunal; Member, GCC Task Force; Member Rewa Provincial Holdings Ltd.; Chairman, Central Division Drainage Board; Member, Board of Governors, Adi Cakobau School; he was appointed as the new Vunivalu of Rewa in July 2008 by members of the mataqali Nukunitabua, comprising the four sub clans or tokatoka that make up the mataqali; a ceremony was held to mark his assuming the role on 16th August 2008; he is a senior member of the Soqosoqo ni Vakavulewa ni Taukei and a member of the House of Representatives; married 1958, Fane Manawalala (Vuna Taveuni), and has issue, seven children.
- Ro Nauludole Mataitini, U.N. Chief of Security,
- Ro Alipate Doviverata
- Ro Aca Ravulo
- Ro Adi Saunalewa
- Ro Etuate Navakamocea
- Ro Macanawai Mataitini
- Ro Adi Tirisaani Banuve
- Ro Verelevu, married and had issue.
- Ro Peceli Musudroka (qv)
- Ro Peceli Musudroka, Vunivalu of Rewa, married Ro Adi Saunalewa, daughter of Roko Banuve, Roko Tui Dreketi in Rewa, and his wife, Adi Qoliwasawasa, and had issue, three children.
- Ro Epeli Vakacaracara (qv)
- Ro Kelerayani Yatovanua, married Ratu Aca Ravulo, Tui Suva.
- Ro Joni Cure Mataitini (qv)
- Ro Epeli Vakacaracara, Turaga ni Valu, Vunivalu of Rewa, married Adi Sanimili Rokolewasau, daughter of Ratu Timoci Vakaruru, 2nd Qaranivalu of Naitasiri, and his wife, Adi Arieta Kuila, eldest daughter of Ratu Seru Epenisa Cakobau, 6th Vunivalu of Bau, and his wife, Adi Litia Samanunu, and had issue.
- Ro Adi Tirisaani Banuve, married Napolioni
Bureorewa, Head of the Yavusa Verata,
Lomanikoro, Rewa, and had issue. She died 14th April
- Ro Alipate Doviverata (with Ro Logavatu).
- Ro Aca Ravulo Silatolu
- Ro Timoci Qiolevu Silatolu, married (his cousin), Ro Adi Saunalewa, daughter of Ro Etuate Navakamocea Mataitini, Vunivalu of Rewa, and had issue (see below).
- Ro Adi Tirisaani Banuve Kaumaitotoya,
Permanent Secretary for Tourism Environment.
- Ratu Samu Uluinavucu
- Ro Adi Lavenia Motea
- Ro Timoci Qiolevu
- Ro Adi Apisake Wainiqolo
- Ro Epeli Vakacaracara
- Ratu Ilaitia Ganilau
- Ro Adi Sainimili Rokoyau Takiveikata, married (as his first wife), Ratu Inoke Takiveikata, Komai Nadrukuta - Lasakau Bau, Vice President of Fiji  - [2.6.1992] and [12.1.1994] - [18.1.1999], and had issue.
- Ratu Tusavura Nailovolovo (Oliver) Takiveikata
- Ratu Epeli Vakacaracara Takiveikata
- Ratu Wilikilasekau (Wiliki) Takiveikata
- Ro Varanisese Wainiqolo Nabou
- Ro Lavenia Motea Vakaotia
- Ro Misiwata Roligalevu Silatolu
- Ro Kadavulevu, died young.
- Ro Joni Cure
Mataitini, Vunivalu of Rewa -/1930; born
1867, married 1stly, Maraia Pickering, daughter of
Charles Pickering, married 2ndly, 1893, Sereani
Tolani, died sp
1897, married 3rdly, 1898, Adi Florie, died 1905,
daughter of Ratu Vuniani Vukinamualevu, Roko Tui Ba,
and had issue. He died 13th June 1934 in Lomanikoro,
- Ro Etuate Navakamocea Mataitini (by Maraia) (qv)
- Ro Etuate Navakamocea Mataitini, Vunivalu of Rewa 1934/1967, born 1892, married Adi Mereani Salele, daughter of Ratu Maika, and his wife, Adi Lusiana Kaisau, and had issue. He died about 1967.
- Ro Adi Vokili Mataitini, born 1925, married Ratu
Epeli Vakalalabure Uluiviti from Nairai. She died
July 1989 in Rewa.
- Ro Adi Maraia Pickering Mataitini, married Ratu Ifereimi Raicebe, 4th Tui Vuna Sawani 1959/1989, and had issue. She died 1989.
- Ratu Vilitati Macanawai Raicebe, born
1947, 6th Tui Vuna Sawani 2007/-.
- Ro Adi Vilikia Salanieta Madanawa, married Ratu
Kalivakatoga from Serua Island. She died 1971.
- Ro Joni Cure Mataitini (qv)
- Ro Nauludole Mataitini, married Adi Laisa Lesuma (Labasa Vanualevu).
- Ro Adi Kelerayani Mataitini, born 1929, married 14th February 1947, Ilaitia Seruvatu Matadradra (Nasigatoka Rewa).
- Ro Adi Saunalewa Mataitini, married (her cousin), Ratu Timoci Qiolevu Silatolu, son of Napolioni Silatolu, Taukei Bureorewa, and his wife, Ro Adi Tirisaani Banuve, and had issue (see above).
- Ro Adi Litiana Mataitini, married Ratu Sitima
- Ro Adi Unaisi Baleinakama, married Ratu Masau, Tui Ono Kadavu. She died 2005.
- Ro Moceletu Ganilau Mataitini, born 1933, married
Grace, and had issue. He died 1999.
- Ro Anthony Mataitini, born April 1958.
- Ro Lillian Liti Mataitini [Mrs. Lillian Fletcher], born 1960.
- Ro Chris Mataitini
- Ro Epeli Vakacaracara Mataitini (qv)
- Ro Macanawai Mataitini, died 2005.
- Ro Qereitoga Mataitini, married Tawake from Lakeba, Lau, and has issue.
- Ro (name unknown), married Ro Filipe Tuisawau.
- Ro Joni Cure Mataitini, Vunivalu of Rewa 1967/2008, born 1926, he joined the army and served in the Malaya campaign, a former Ombudsman and member of the Great Council of Chiefs, a former senator and member of the Fijian Affairs Board, the Rewa Provincial Council of which he was chairman, and various other statutory organisations; married 1stly, Kara from Nakelo, married 2ndly, Bulou Amalaini Vale from Serua Island, and had issue (by first wife), being survived by two sons, two daughters, 13 grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren. He died 18th March 2008 aged 81, buried 26th March 2008 at Wairua, Lomanikoro.
- Ro Joni Mataitini
- Ro Mocelutu Mataitini
- Ro Unaisi Mataitini
- Ro Mereani Mataitini
- Ro Epeli
Vakacaracara Mataitini (see above)