|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The Emirate of Transjordan formed in March 1921, it
becomes the Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan on the 25th
May 1946, and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on the 3rd
April 1949. Rulers were...
- HM King ABDULLAH I,
King of Jordan 1949/1951, born November 1881 in Mecca,
Emir of Transjordan 1921/1946, Kingdom of Transjordan
1946/1949; married 1stly, 1904/1905 in Constantinople,
Sharifa Mousbah bint Nasr, born 1884/1885 in Mecca,
(daughter of Nasser bin Ali Pasha), died 15th March
1961 in Irbid, Jordan, married 2ndly, HH Princess
Souzdil, died 16th August 1968 in Amman, and had
issue. He died 21st July 1951 in Jerusalem, buried
- HRH Princess Hayya bint Abdullah (by Mousbah),
born 1907 in Constantinople.
- HM King Talal (qv)
- HRH Prince Nayef bin Abdullah (by Souzdil), born
1914 in Taif, Saudi Arabia, Regent of the Hashemite
Kingdom of Jordan from the 20th July 1951 to 5th
September 1951, married 7th October 1940 in Cairo,
HIH Princess Mihrimâh Selcuk Sultana, born
11th November 1922, (daughter of HIH Prince Mehmed
Ziyaeddin Efendi and Neshemend Hanim
Efendi), died March 2000 in Amman, buried 2nd
April 2000 in Istanbul, and had issue.
- HRH Prince Ali bin Nayef Sultanzade,
born 10th August 1941, married 11th April 1966,
HRH Princess Wijan Ali [née Wijan Fawaz Muhana],
born 29th August 1939 in Baghdad, daughter of
Fawaz Muhana, and his wife, Sharifa Nafia bint
Jamal Ali, and has issue.
- HRH Princess Nafaa bint Ali Hanim,
born 27th December 1966.
- HRH Princess Rajwa bint Ali Hanim,
born 29th June 1968.
- HRH Princess Basma Fatima bint Ali Hanim,
born 24th March 1970.
- HRH Prince Mohammad Abbas bin Ali Bey,
17th February 1973.
- HRH Prince Asem Abu Baker bin Nayef Sultanzade,
born 1948, married 1stly (div. 1985), Princess
Firouzeh Vokhshouri, born 7th August 1948, married
2ndly, HRH Princess Sana Asem bin Nayef, born 16th
November 1960, and has issue.
- HRH Princess Yasmine bint Asem (by 1st wife),
born 30th June 1975, married 31st August 2005,
Mr. Basel Yaghnam, a Jordanian national, at the
home of the brides father in Amman. The official
wedding was held on 2nd September 2005 in Aqaba,
Amman, and was attended by H.M. Queen Noor,
along with H.R.H Prince Asem and his wife, H.R.H
Pricess Sana Asem, H.R.H. Prince Hamzah bin
Al-Hussein and his wife, H.R.H Princess Noor
- HRH Princess Sarah bint Asem (by 1st wife),
born 12th August 1978.
- HRH Princess Noor bint Asem (by 1st wife),
born 6th October 1980 in Amman, married 29th
August 2003 in El Baraka Palace (div. September
2009), HRH Crown Prince Hamzah bin Husain (see
- HRH Princess Salha bint Asem (by 2nd wife),
born 14th June 1987.
- HRH Princess Nejla bint Asem (by 2nd wife),
born 9th May 1988.
- HRH Prince Nayef bin Asem (by 2nd wife), born
22nd January 1998.
- HRH Princess Munira bint Abdullah (by Souzdil),
born 1915 in Mecca, died 1987.
- HRH Princess Makboula bint Abdullah (by Souzdil),
born 1917, married 1943, HE Emir Sharif Husain bin
Nasser, born 30th November 1902, son of Sharif
Nasser bin Ali Pasha, Prime Minister of
Jordan 1963/1964 and in 1967, died 1st May 1982, and
- HM King TALAL,
King of Jordan 1951/1952 (abdicated), born 26th
February 1909 in Mecca, married 27th November 1934 in
Amman, Sharifa Zein al-Sharaf bint Jamal Ali, born 2nd
August 1916, died 26th April 1994, daughter of Sharif
Jamal Ali bin Nasr, and had issue. He died 8th July
1972 in Istanbul.
- HM King Hussein (qv)
- HRH Princess Asma bint Talal, born 1937, died
- HRH Prince Muhammed bin Talal, born 2nd October
1940 in Amman, Crown Prince of Jordan 1952/1962,
married 1stly, 9th January 1964 in Amman, (div.
1976), Jeredel Firyal Resheid, born 1945, married
2ndly, 22nd April 1981, Taghris al-Majali, and has
- HRH Prince Talal bin Muhammed (by Jeredel), born
26th July 1965, married July 1991, HRH Princess
Ghaida Salaam, born 11th July 1963, and has issue.
- HH Prince Hussein bin Talal, born 15th October
- HRH Prince Ghazi bin Muhammed (by Jeredel), born
15th October 1966, married HRH Princess Areej
Zawawi, and has issue.
- HH Princess Tasnim bint Ghazi, born 27th
- HH Prince Abdullah bin Ghazi, born November
- HH Princess Jannah bint Ghazi, 20th September
- HRH Prince Muhsin bin Talal, died young.
- HRH Prince Hassan bin Talal, born
20th March 1947, Regent of the Hashemite Kingdom of
Jordan from the 14th July 1998 to 19th January 1999,
educated at Christ Church College, Oxford
(B.A.(Hons) in Oriental Studies in 1967),
subsequently recieved his M.A., Crown Prince
1965/1999, founded the Royal Scientific Society in
1972, married 28th August 1968 in Karachi, Pakistan,
HRH Princess Sarvath Ikramullah, born 24th July 1947
in Calcutta, India, Patron of the Young Woman's
Muslim Association in 1972, established the Jordan
Dyslexia Society in 1993, Honourary Vice-President
of the Jordan Red Crescent Society, Member of the
Council of UNESCO's International Boards of the
United World Colleges and of the Voluntary Services
Overseas, and has issue.
- HRH Princess Rahmya bint El Hassan, born 13
- HRH Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, born 14th
May 1971 in Amman.
- HRH Princess Badiya bint El Hassan, born 28th
- HRH Prince Rashid bin El Hassan, born 20th May
- HRH Princess Basma bint Talal, born 11th May 1951
- HM King HUSSEIN,
King of Jordan 1952/1999, born 14th November 1935 in
Amman, married 1stly, 19th April 1955 in Amman, (div.
1957), Queen Dina al-Husain [née Dina bint Abd
al-Hamid], born 1929 in Cairo, daughter of Abd
al-Hamid bin Muhammed, and his wife, Fahriah Brav,
married 2ndly, 25th May 1961 in Amman, (div. 1972),
Princess Munia al-Husain [née Antoinette Avril
Gardiner], born 25th April 1941 in Chelmondiston,
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK, married 3rdly, 24th December
1972 in Amman, Queen Alia al-Husain [née Alia
Bahaeddin Toukan], born 25th December 1948 in Cairo,
died 9th February 1977 near Amman, married 4thly, 15th
June 1978 in Amman, HM Queen Noor al-Husain [née Lisa
Najeeb Halaby], born 23rd August 1951 (#2) in Washington, DC, USA,
daughter of Najeeb Elias Halaby, and his wife, Doris
Carlquist, Recieved a B.A. in Architecture and Urban
Planning in 1974 from Princeton University, Patron of
several national institutions including, The Cerebral
Palsy Foundation, The Petra National Trust and others,
and had issue. He died 7th February 1999 in
- HRH Princess Alia bint Al Husain (by Queen Dina),
born 13th February 1956 in Amman.
- HM King Abdullah II bin Al Husain (by Princess
- HRH Prince Faisal bin Al Husain (by Princess
Munia), born 11th October 1963 in Amman, married
10th August 1987, Alia al-Tabba, and has
- HRH Princess Haya bint Faisal, born 11th
- HRH Prince Omar bin Faisal, born October
- HRH Princess Sara bint Faisal, born 27th March
- HRH Princess Aisha bint Faisal, born 27th March
- HRH Princess Aisha bint Al Husain (by Princess
Munia), born 23rd April 1968 in Amman
- HRH Princess Zein bint Al Husain by Princess
Munia), born 23rd April 1968 in Amman
- HRH Princess Haya bint Al Husain (by Queen Alia),
born 3rd May 1974 in Amman, married 10th April 2004
in Beit Al-Barkat Palace, Amman, Lt.-Gen. Shaikh
Muhammed bin Rashid al-Maktum of Dubai, and has
- HRH Prince Ali bin Al Husain (by Queen Alia), born
23rd December 1975 in Amman, married 23rd April 2004
in Paris, Princess Reem Brahimi, and has issue.
- HRH Princess Jalilah bint Ali, born 16th
- HRH Prince Abdullah bin Ali, born 19th March
2007 in Amman.
- HRH Crown Prince Hamzah bin Al Husain (by Queen
Noor), born 29th March 1980, Crown Prince of Jordan
1999/2004, married 1stly, 29th August 2003 at El
Beraka Palace (div. in September 2009), HRH Princess
Noor bint Asem (see above), married 2ndly, 12th
January 2012 in Amman, HRH Princess Basma Bani Ahmad
Al-Atoum, chief pilot at the Royal Aero Sports Club
of Jordan, and has issue.
- HRH Princess Hayah bint Hamzah
- HRH Prince Hashem bin Al Husain (by Queen Noor),
born 10th June 1981, engaged 8th January 2006 in
Riyadh, to HRH Princess Fahdah, daughter of Mohammad
Bin Ibrahim Bin Salman Abu Niyan.
- HRH Princess Iman bint Al Husain (by Queen Noor),
born 24th April 1983.
- HRH Princess Raiyah bint Al Husain (by Queen
Noor), born 9th February 1986.
- HM King ABDULLAH II, King of Jordan (see