LOCATION: Nepal - Western AREA: xx sq.km. VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
TITLE: RajaDYNASTY/LINEAGE: Shah SEAT: xx ANNEXATION: 1769
PRESENT HEAD OF HOUSE:
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: In common with a number of other Rajadoms, Jajarkot came into being as a result of the divsion of the parent Kingdom of Parbat, by Raja Malaibam at a date that has been variously given as 1378, 1418, even 1365 samvat. The state was annexed to Nepal, but continued to exist as a vassal state until that too was was abolished in 1961 (#1), though the Raja was allowed to retain the title as a herditary distinction. The Raja continued to receive a privy purse from the Nepali government until the abolishment of the Monarchy in 2008. Rulers were...
- Raja JAGATSINHASHAHI, 1st Raja of Jajarkot, married and had issue.
- Raja Jogatibumamalla (qv)
- Raja JOGATIBUMAMALLA, 2nd Raja of Jajarkot, married and had issue.
- Raja Jaitamalla (qv)
- Raja JAITAMALLA, 3rd Raja of Jajarkot, married and had issue.
- Raja Jasubumashahi, he became the Raja of Rukum (qv)
- Raja Anandashahi, he was made the Raja of Parbat, married and had issue.
- Raja Jitarimalla, he was made the Raja of Galkot, married and had issue (see Galkot).
- Raja GAJENDRA SHAH DEV, Raja of Jajarkot bef1769/aft1793, his state was annexed in 1786, though he received four other annexed principalities as a reward for his service to the King of Nepal.
- Raja JAKTA SINGH, ?Raja of Jajarkot, married and had issue.
- Raja Deep Narayan Shah (qv)
- Raja DEEP NARAYAN SHAH, Raja of Jajarkot fl.1807-1830
- Raja NARENDRA BIKRAM SHAH,
Raja of Jajarkot fl.1877
- Raja UPENDRA BIKRAM SHAH, Raja of Jajarkot fl.1896, married a niece of the Rana Prime Minister.
- Raja SWAYAM PRAKASH BIKRAM SHAH, Raja of Jajarkot, married Rani Ganga Rajya Laxmi Devi, daughter of Maharajkumar Lila Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana, and had issue, two sons and eight daughters.
- Rajkumari Mana Shah, married Brigadier General Shri Madan Bikram Rana, and has issue, three sons and two daughters.
- Shri Kishor Bikram Rana, married Rani Rama Rajya
Lakshmi Devi, daughter of Kishori Rajya Lakshmi Devi, a
sister of Queen Mother Ratna Rajya, and Major General
Mohan Bikram Shah.
- Adarsha Bikram Rana, married Princess Dilasha Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah, daughter of HRH Prince Dhirendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev and Princess Prekshya Rajya Laxmi Devi of Nepal.
- Shri Pradeep Bikram Rana, married Chhaya Singh, daughter of the late HRH Princess Shanti Rajya Lakshmi Devi of Nepal and the late Kumar Deepak Jung Bahadur Singh, Raja of Bajhang.
- Shri Dilip Bikram Rana.
- Usha Rana, married Jeetendra Basnyat.
- Rita Rana
- Capt. Raja Prakash Bikram Shah (qv)
- Rajkumar Deepak Bikram Shah, married Rani Jyoti Shah (née
Bachu), and had issue.
- Deepa Shah, married and has issue, one daughter qand twin sons.
- Miss Avani Devi
- Armin Bikram (twin)
- Axel Bikram (twin)
- Shri Deep Bikram Shah, married Tripta (Shah), and has issue, one son.
- Durvish Bikram Shah
- Capt. Raja PRAKASH BIKRAM SHAH, Raja of Jajarkot -/2003, Senior Pilot and flight advisor in the Royal Nepal Airlines, married and had issue. He died 5th May 2003, cremated the same day.
- General Shri Vivek Shah, chief military advisor.
- Shri Vrishadhwaj Shah fl.1862
- Raja of Jajarkot, married and had issue, seven sons.
- Colonel Rajkumar Hari Bikram Shah, youngest son, married and had issue.
- Captain Bobby Bikram Shah, married a daughter of General Shri Arjun Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana, and his wife, Sri Rani Bindu Devi, daughter of Kunwar Mandhata Pal of Askote, and had issue.
- Sri Rajeev Bikram Shah, born 1968.
- HH Bada Maharani Bala Kumari Devi, married (as his second wife), 1905, HH Shri Madati-Prachanda Bhujadandetyadi Shri Shri Shri Projjwala-Nepala Taradhisha Maharaja Sir Chandra Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana, 5th Prime Minister of Nepal, Maharaja of Kaski and Lamjung, and had issue (see Nepal-Rana).