|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The state was founded
in 1806. Rulers were...
- Lamido MODIBO ADAMA bi
Ardo Hasana, 1st Lamido of Adamawa 1806/1847,
born 1771, married and had issue, eleven sons and four daughters. He
- Lamido Muhammadu Lawal bi Adama (qv)
- Hamidu bi Adama, Regent of Adamawa in 1847,
married and had
issue. He died 1872.
- Ahmadu Boboa bi Hamidu, had issue.
- Lamido Muhammad Bello bi Ahmadu
- Mansur bi Adama
- Lamido Zubeiru bi Adama (qv)
- Lamido Umaru Sanda bi Adama (qv)
- Lamido Bobbo Ahmadu bi Adama (qv)
- Umeru bi Adama
- Aliyu bi Adama
Lamido MUHAMMADU LAWAL bi
Adama, 2nd Lamido of Adamawa
1847/1872, born 1797,
married and had issue. He died 1872.
Lamido UMARU SANDA bi
Adama, 3rd Lamido of Adamawa 1872/1890,
married and had issue.
He died 1890.
- Lamido Muhammad Yarima Iya
bi Sanda (qv)
Lamido ZUBEIRU bi Adama,
4th Lamido of Adamawa 1890/1903,
during his reign, Adamawa was Partitioned between German Kamerun
and British Northern Nigeria Protectorate, died
Lamido BOBBO AHMADU bi
Adama, 5th Lamido of Adamawa
1903/1916 or 1901/1909, married and had
issue. He died 1916.
- Lamido Muhammad Abba bi Bobbo Ahmadu
Lamido MUHAMMAD YARIMA
bi Sanda, 6th Lamido of Adamawa 1916/- or 1909/1910
Lamido MUHAMMAD ABBA bi
Bobbo Ahmadu, 7th Lamido of Adamawa
1910/1924, married and had
issue. He died 23rd August 1924.
- Lamido Muhammad Mustafa bi Abba (qv)
Lamido MUHAMMAD BELLO bi
Ahmadu, 8th Lamido of Adamawa
1924/1928, had issue.
He died 1928.
- Lamido Yarima Ahmadu bi Muhammad
Lamido MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA
bi Muhammad Abba, 9th Lamido of Adamawa
1928/1946, born 1900, married and had issue. He died 1946.
- Lamido Aliyu Mustafa bi Mustafa (qv)
Lamido YARIMA AHMADU bi
Muhammad Bello, 10th Lamido of Adamawa
Lamido Dr. Alhaji 'ALIYU MUSTAFA bi
Muhammad Mustafa, 11th Lamido of Adamawa [26.7.1953] -
born 1922, married and had issue, over sixty children. He died 13th
- HH Lamido Muhammadou Barkindo 'Aliyu Mustafa (qv)
HH Lamido MUHAMMADOU
BARKINDO 'ALIYU MUSTAFA, 12th Lamido of Adamawa (see above)
- Alhaji Muhammed Aliyu Mustapha, Ciroman Adamawa.