|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Founded before 1630.Rulers were...
- Oba ADO
[Edo], 1st Oba of Lagos 1630/1669, son of Esikpa
(Prince of Binin of Eweka Dynasty), 1st Eleko of Eko.
- Oba GABARO
[Guobaro] (brother), 2nd Oba of Lagos 1669/1704
- Oba AKINSEMOYIN,
3rd Oba of Lagos 1704/1749
HRH Princess Eletu Kekere, Regent
of Lagos 1749/1750
- Oba OLOGUN KUTERE,
4th Oba of Lagos 1750/1775, married and had issue.
- Oba Ajosun Adele I (qv)
- Oba Eshinlokun (qv)
- Oba Akitoye (qv)
- Prince Ogunye, married and had issue.
- Prince Ajose Imiekun, married and had issue.
- Prince Emmanuel Esugbayi Ajose, married and
- Professor Prince Oladele Ajose, of the
Ologun-Kutere Ruling House, contestant for the
throne in 1964, married and had issue.
- Ambassador Princess Audrie Ajose
- Prince Adewale Ajose
- Prince Dr. Femi Ajose
- Prince Olusegun Ajose
- Princess Adebisi Ajose
- Prince Adeniran Ajose
- Prince Omoyele Arinola Ajose, married and
- Prince Omooba Ajose
- Prince Michale Omoyele Ajose, of the
Ologun-Kutere Ruling House, born late
1940's, educated at the Holy Ghost School,
St. Gregory's College, before proceeding to
the United Kingdom and the United States of
America, attaining a degree in Applied
Economics and a Masters in Business
Administration respectively, married to a
Princess of the Akinsemoyin Royal House.
Oba AJOSUN ADELE I, 5th Oba
of Lagos 1775/1780 and 1832/1834 or 1811/1821 and
married and had issue.
- Oba Oluwole (by Tinubu) (qv)
6th Oba of Lagos 1780/1819 or 1821/1833, married and
- Oba Idewu Ojulari (qv)
- Oba Kosoko (qv)
Oba IDEWU OJULARI,
7th Oba of Lagos 1819/1832 or 1833/1835
8th Oba of Lagos 1834/1841 or 1835/1841
9th Oba of Lagos 1841/1845 and 1851/1853, died 3rd
10th Oba of Lagos 1845/1851 (deposed), ancestor of Pr.
Adebola Disu-Ige (1936-), and Prince Dele Idris
Kosoko. He died after 1863.
- Omo Oba Meshimo Kosoko, eldest son of Oba Kosoko,
ancestor of the Meshimo family, married and had
- Prince Youssuf Meshimo, married and had issue.
- Princess Rafatu Amosha Meshimo Kosoko, married
into the Oduwole family, and had issue.
- Ganiat Bolajoko Oduwole
- Monsurat Oduwole
- Moruff Oduwole
- Prince Sikiru Alade Kosoko
- Prince Muftau Moyosore Atanda Meshimo-Kosoko,
married and had issue.
- Prince Abdul Morakinyo Adekunle Kosoko,
married and had issue.
- Princess Maryam Elizabeth Fadekunbi
- Prince Tara Morayo Adewale Kosoko
- Princess Faroukat Fadekunbi Kosoko, married
and had issue.
- Prince Mouyeddin Mobolaji Kosoko
- Prince Mohammed Moradeyo Kosoko
- Omo Oba Olojo Kosoko, second son, married and had
issue, the Olojo family.
[Docemo], 11th Oba of Lagos 1853/1885, had issue. He
died 26th February 1885.
- Prince Akitoye Dosunmu, married and had issue.
- Prince Yekini Dosunmu, married and had issue.
- Prince Hakim Dosunmu, resident and Business
man in Washington DC.
- Prince Rasheed Dosunmu, former Deputy
Director Nigerian Customs, Principal Secretary
(retd.) of Chieftancy Affairs under President
Shagari, married and has issue.
- Prince Aramide Odumosu
- Prince Razak Adewale Dosunmu, an Inventor
and Business man with four US patented
products, married and has issue.
- Grant Dosunmu
- Raliat Dosunmu
- Prince Fatai Dosunmu, an Architect in
Washington DC, married and has issue.
- Taiwo Dosunmu
- Kehinde Dosunmu
- Prince Olabisi Dosunmu
- Prince Kolawole Dosunmu, Business man in
London, England, married and has issue.
- Nicholas Dosunmu
- Lolade Dosunmu
- Prince Ayesoro Dosunmu, Business man, resided
in Benin Republic, married and had issue.
- Muba Dosunmu
- Afisu Dosunmu
- Abinbola Dosunmu
- Unknown (4 or 5 generations), had issue.
- Princess Abimbola Dosunmu-Shitta, 1st Erelu Oba
of Saki Town in Oyo State 1999/-, 1st Yeye
Omobalufon of Lagos. Patrilineage is the Ifaro
line of King Dosunmu and the matrilineage is the
Ado ruling house of Saki.
Oba OYEKAN I, 12th Oba
of Lagos 1885/1900, married and had issue. He died
30th September 1900.
- Prince Kushanu Abiola Oyekan, married and had
- HRH Oba Adeyinka Akinola Oyekan II (qv)
- Omowunmi Oyekan
- Omorinsola Oyekan
- Iyitola Oyekan
- Adetola Oyekan
- Layide Oyekan
- Isiola Oyekan
- Ademuyiwa Oyekan
- Akinwale Oyekan
- Olateju Oyekan
- Adeola Oyekan
- Babatunde Oyekan
- Muni Oyekan
- Olabiyi Oyekan
- Adefunmi Oyekan
- Olakunbi Oyekan
ELEEKO, 13th Oba of Lagos 1900/1925 and
AKITOYE, 14th Oba of Lagos 1925/1928
Oba SANUNSI OLUSI,
15th Oba of Lagos 1928/1931
Oba FALOLU DOSUNMU,
16th Oba of Lagos 1932/1949, married and had issue. He
died 3rd September 1949.
- Princess Libatu Dosunmu-Oseni, married Chief
Oseni, and had issue. She died 2013.
HH Sir Oba Musendiku Buraimoh ADENIJI-ADELE II,
17th Oba of Lagos 1949/1964, born 13th November 1893,
married and had issue. He died 12th July 1964.
- Prince Dr. Gbadebo Adeniji-Adele, married and had
- Prince Babatunde Omogbolahan Adeniji-Adele,
presently based in the U.K.
- Prince Ademola Adeniji-Adele fl.1995
- Prince Adelani Adeniji-Adele, married and has
- Prince Adewale Adeniji-Adele
- Prince Oyekan Adeniji-Adele
- Prince Sultan Ladega Adeniji-Adele, a University
of Lagos trained Mathematician.
- Princess Nanny Adeniji-Adele
HRH Oba Adeyinka Akinola OYEKAN II, 18th
Oba of Lagos 1964/2003, installed February 1965,
belongs to Dosunmu lineage, born on 30th June 1911,
educated at Methodist Boys' High School, Lagos, Eko
Boys’ High School, Lagos and Kings' College, Lagos,
before he moved to the School of Pharmacy, Yaba
College, from where he qualified as a pharmacist in
1933. It was this profession he was practising up till
1965, when he ascended the throne to become the 18th
monarch of Lagos. He was permanent chairman of the
Lagos State Council of Obas and Chiefs, appointed
chancellor, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
in 1991, married and had issue. He died 7th March
- Princess Kofoworola Jinadu (née Oyekan)
- Princess Adepeju Oyekan
- Prince Obalade Oyekan, born 15th October 1955.
- Princess Abioye Oyekan
- Prince Kolawole Oyekan, Aremo of Lagos.
- Princess Remilekun Olajumoke (née Oyekan)
- Oba Mobadenle Obalade Oyekan Esimikan II, Onilado
of Ilado 1996/-
- Prince Isiola Famokun Oyekan, born 8th November
- Prince Ademiju Adekinte Oyekan
- Prince Adeyinka Abiola Oyekan
- Princess Olori Adefunke Elegushi (née Oyekan)
- Princess Toluwalade Alalade (née Oyekan)
- Chief Ayodele Oyekan, Bajulaiye of Lagos,
installed 12th August 2001.
- Prince Adediran Oyekan
- Princess Adebopo Oyekan
- Princess Adetola Oyekan
- Prince Falade Oyekan
- Prince Oriyomi Oyekan
- Princess Molara Oyekan
- Princess Adetoun Oyekan
Oba Rilwan Babatunde Osuolale Aremu AKIOLU I,
19th Oba of Lagos (see above)
OTHER MEMBERS: Royal or
Ruling Houses include - Ajose, Kosoko, Dosumu,
- Chief Nasiru Dosunmu, current Paramount Apena of
Lagos, married and has issue.
- Prince Lanre Dosunmu (eldest son),
Lecturer/Teacher/Accountant in Manchester &
- Prince Dr. Ade Dosunmu (second son), Medical
Doctor in the U.S.A.
- Prince Nasir Dosunmu (youngest son)
- Prince Tejumade Durosinmi
- Princess Tejumade Alakija
- Prince Bisi Sango-Doyin
- Chief Olayiwola Balogun, died 9th December 2000
- Alhaja Suliat Adedeji (sister), died 14th November
- Prince Farouk Adewale Adele
- Prince Moroof Adele
- Prince Lasisi Ojora, Olori-Omoba, head of
the Adele Ajosun Royal House, married and has issue.
- Prince Otunba Adekunle Ojora, re-nowned
businessman and corporate identity.
- Alhaji Prince Musiliu Tijani
- Prince Sikiru Adele Salvador
- Prince Rasaki Adele
- Princess Khadijat Adele-Dosunmu
- Prince Tosin Adele
- H.R.H. Princess Abiola Dosunmu, Erelu Kuti
of Lagos, Acting Oba of Lagos 7th March to 22nd May
- Princess Layiwola Ogundimu (Akinsemoyin Lineage),
Junior Erelu of Lagos
- Prince Kazeem Akitoye
- Princess Taiye Eleko Dosunmu
- Chief Shakoor Ajose, the Suenu of Lagos.
- Chief Tajudeen Idris, the Alagbeji of Lagos.
- The 11 nominees are for the vacant throne in 2003
are as follows.
- Prince Aremo Fola Pearse (Esinlokun lineage)
- Prince Kolawole Abayomi Balogun (Esinlokun
- Prince Ademuyiwa Dosunmu (Akitoye lineage)
- Prince Otunba Adekunle Ojora (Adele Ajosun
- Prince Sammy Adebiyi (Akinsemoyin lineage-Shadeko
- Prince Rasheed Modile (Akinsemoyin lineage-Jolasun
- Prince Tajudeen Olusi (Akinsemoyin lineage-Aina
Egbe branch), also received concurrent nominations
from the Olusi and Akinsemoyin lineages.
- Prince Adetutu Oladipo Eko (Akinsemoyin
- Prince Monsur Akinola Williams (Akinsemoyin
lineage-Amore Olukokun branch)
- Prince Rilwan Tunde Akiolu (Akiolu lineage)
- Prince Kwam Alade Zaid (Akiolu lineage). An
analysis of the nominations shows that five of the
11 nominees came from various branches of the
Akinsemoyin house, two from the Akiolu house, two
from Esinlokun and one each from the Akitoye and