LOCATION: Tonga (Ma'ufanga, Faleloa and Nga'akau) AREA: xx sq.km. CREATION: around 1650
TITLE: The Honourable Fakafanua HA'A: Ha'a Vaea SEAT: Ma'ufanga, Nuku'alofa
born 20th March 1985, he is a Tongan politician, Lord of the Realm and former Speaker of the Tongan Legislative Assembly and was appointed to the title of Fakafanua on 24th April 2006; he was Member of Parliament for Ha'apai [23.4.2008] - [26.11.2014], being elected as a representative for Ha'apai during the 2008 by-election and re-elected in November 2010; he was elected Speaker of the Legislative Assembly [19.7.2012] - [29.12.2014]; he was appointed Commander of the Order of Queen Salote Tupou III by King George Tupou V in 2008; married in October 2014, Krystal Fane Kite [Lady Fane Fakafanua], daughter of the late Sione Kite, Tonga's former High Commissioner to the United Kingdom.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The Noble is the estate owner of Ma'ufanga, in Nuku'alofa of Tongatapu, Faleloa in Ha'apai and Nga'akau in Tefisi, Vava'u. The first title holder was a son of Fotofili, the 7th Tu'iha'atakalaua. Estate holders were...
- Kinikinilau, 1st Fakafanua, married 1stly, Tu'utangahunuhunu, daughter of Atamata'ila, 2nd Tu'i Kanokupulu, married 2ndly, Taifusi, married 3rdly, Mafikakau, and had issue.
- Finakikalava ♂ [aka Kinikinilaulahi] (by Taifusi) (qv)
- Laumanukilupe ♀ (by Taifusi), married Po'oi Tupouto'a, 3rd Tu'i Ha'apai, and had issue (see below and Tu'i Ha'apai III).
- Lolohea Faefusi ♀, married Kumala Kula, 7th Kioa,and had issue.
- Mafitea ♀, married Lelea, 2nd Fakafanua, and had issue (see below)
- Pakupaku 'Ahofakasiu ♂, married Fue Kolofaka'anga, and had issue.
- 'Uluakai ♂, 1st Makaui, married Teukihetolo, and had issue (see Makaui)
- Heinaku ♀
- Puli ♀, she married Vea'i Neiafu, and had issue.
- Paula Mafi ♂
- Seini Vea ♀
- Tonga Vea ♂
- Moli Vea ♂
- Mele'eiki Vea ♀
- Mafile'o Veiongo ♀
- Halaevalu ♀, married Fakana'ana'a 'a Tafolo, 2nd Fakafanua, and had issue (see below).
- Fakana'ana'a 'a Tafolo ♂ (qv)
- Fualupeake ♀
- Manutafamei ♂
- 'Uhilamoafa ♂, married Totonukuo'osi, [?daughter of Kau'ulufonua III, 31st Tu'i Tonga, and his wife, Takalalahi], and had issue.
- Pulotu'ila ♂
- Finakikalava, 2nd Fakafanua, married 1stly, Longolongo, daughter of Vuna Tu'i'oetau, 1st Tu'i Vava'u and 5th Tu'i Kanokupulu, and his wife, Papa'akatoa, married 2ndly, Fotu'ihalatata ('Ata?), and had issue.
- 'Itafua'a'otonga ♂ (qv)
- 'Eva'ipomana (by Fotu'ihalatata)
- Mafikakau (by Fotu'ihalatata), married Fanua'uli,
3rd Lavaka, and had issue (see Lavaka III).
- Fanua'ila ♂ (by Fotu'ihalatata)
- 'Itafua'a'otonga, 3rd Fakafanua, married 1stly, Fifitato'a Keisaia, daughter of Finau Pasiaka (see Tu'i Vava'u), and his wife, Tamutamu, married 2ndly, 'Eva'ipomana, married 3rdly, Finau, daughter of Ngalu, and his wife, Tu'ungasipa (see Tu'i Kanokupulu VII), and had issue.
- Mafi Toutai (by Fifitato'a), married Tu'i Nafetalai, 1st Pahulu, and had issue.
- Fakatoumafi (by 'Eva'ipomana), married Tu'ipulotu'ilangitu'ofefafa, 33rd Tu'i Tonga, and had issue.
- Tu'afaletahi (by Finau)
- Latufakahaukelesi (by Finau)
- Puleka (by Finau)
- Tu'utangahunuhunu (by Finau)
- Fakana'ana'a 'a Tafolo, 1st Fakafanua, married Halaevalu, daughter of Pakupaku 'Ahofakasiu (see above), and his wife, Fue Kolofaka'anga, and had issue.
- Fualupeake ♀, she married Tangata'ilavalu Tukui'aulahi, Ma'afutuku'ialuahi, and had issue (see Ma'afu III)
- Lelea Fakafanua ♂ (qv)
- Tu'ifaletahi ♂
- Fakatoumafi ♀
- Hon. Lelea Fakafanua, 2nd Fakafanua, married, Mafitea Fekeila, daughter of Kumala Kula, 7th Kioa, and his wife, Lolohea Faefusi (see above), and had issue.
- Hon. Siaki 'Apolosi Fakafanua (by Mafitea) (qv)
- Hon. Sioeli Fotofili Fakafanua (by Mafitea), married Tupou 'Akata, and had issue.
- Nau Fihoiata Fakafanua
- Halakaihea Fakafanua
- Hon. 'Epalahame Fakafanua (by Mafitea), married Melania, and had issue.
- Sefo Fotofili Fakafanua
- Malia Fakafanua
- Hon. Siaki 'Apolosi Fakafanua, 3rd Fakafanua -/1900, married Hon. Mele Fifita, and had issue. He died 5th June 1900.
- Hon. Timote Fangupo Fakafanua (qv)
- Hon. Sailosi Fakafanua, died 23rd August 1914.
- Hon. Malia 'Alakoka Fakafanua, died 2nd October 1918.
- Hon. Samuela Fangupo Fakafanua
- Hon. Timote Fangupo Fakafanua, 4th Fakafanua 1900/1914, married Hon. Veisinia Fainga'anuku, daughter of Fainga'anuku, and his wife, Luseane Kama, and had issue. He died 22nd August 1914.
- Hon. Kisione Fakafanua (qv)
- Hon. Tevita Fakafanua, married Mele Mafi, daughter of
Tevita Mafi, and his wife, Vika, and had issue. He died
- Hon. Polotu Fakafanua
- Hon. Feke Fakafanua
- Hon. 'Eseta Fakafanua (by Litu'one?)
- Hon. Timote Fakafanua, married 6th September 1910, Selita Vea Tai, daughter of Tai Sailosi Lelenoa, and his wife, Teisa Fifita Vakalahi, and had issue. He died about 1968.
- Siu Pale Falekaono, died 1931.
- Hon. Kisione Fakafanua [The
Noble Fakafanua], 5th
Fakafanua 1914/1947, born 16th October 1889, married
1stly, Hon. 'Alakihihifo Namoa, died 1975/1977, daughter of
Hon. Vilisoni Fahitaha Namoa, [The Noble Vaha'i], and his
wife, Hon. Kalisi 'Uatesoni, married 2ndly, 'Ilaisaane, and
had issue. He died 7th January 1947.
- Hon. Kinikinilau Lelea 'a Fafine Fakafanua (by 'Ala) (qv)
- 'Ilaisaane Tu'utanga Fakafanua (by 'Ilaisaane), died 28th October 1923.
[7.1.1947] - [7.9.1955]
- Hon. Kinikinilau Lelea 'a Fafine Fakafanua [The Noble Fakafanua], 6th Fakafanua [7.5.1955] - [13.5.2004], born 7th March 1934; Noble of Ma'ufanga, Governor of Ha'apai; married 1957, Hon. Kalolaine Taukapa Lata'ifalefehi Ahome'e, died 26th July 2007, daughter of Hon. Tevita Manu'opangai 'Ahome'e, 1st 'Ahome'e, and his wife, Hon. Heuifanga Veikune, and had issue, four sons and six daughters. He died 13th May 2004 in Honolulu, Hawai'i, and was buried 24th May 2004 at Vakataumai, Ma'ufanga, Tonga.
- Hon. 'Itafua'a'otonga Fakafanua, born 1961, died 1961.
- Hon. Kinikinilau Tutoatasi Fakafanua (qv)
- Hon. Kisione Lelea'a Fafine Fakafanua
- Hon. Si'atukimoana Tu'utanga Hunuhunu Fakafanua, married
Hon. 'Alipate Tu'ivanuavou Vaea, Baron Vaea of Houma.
- Hon. Czar Nikolasi Paku Fakafanua
- Hon. 'Akanesi Feangautapu Polotu Fakafanua
- Hon. Mele 'Alaki Hihifo Fakafanua, married Hon. Sione
Kavahu'imeilangi, The Noble Havea Tu'iha'angana, 9th
Tu'iha'angana, and has issue.
- Hon. Ma'ata Taukapa Lata'i Falefehi Fakafanua
- Hon. Damien Alfonso Tevita Fangupo Fakafanua
- Hon. Kimami Fakafanua
- Hon. Heu'ifanga Fakafanua
- Hon. Kinikinilau Tutoatasi Fakafanua B.Com., LL.B. [The Noble Fakafanua], 7th Fakafanua [23.5.2004] - [24.2.2006], born 20th January 1962, a practising lawyer who lived and worked in Auckland,NZ. In 1991, he became the one of the youngest members of the Tongan Cabinet and Privy Council when he became the Minister of Labour, Commerce and Industries and Minister of Tourism. In 1995 he became Minister of Finance, and later he was the Minister of Education until 2001 when he resigned from government and moved to New Zealand; married 1984, HRH Princess Sinaitakala 'Ofeina 'e he Langi Tuku'aho, born 6th September 1953, fourth daughter ofHRH Prince Sione Ngu Manumata'ongo Uelingatoni Tuku'aho, 5th Fatafehi Tu'ipelehake, and his wife, HRH Princess Melenaite Tupoumoheofo Veikune, and had issue, two sons and one daughter. He died 24th February 2006 in Nuku'alofa, Tonga, and was buried 2nd March 2006 at Vakataumai, Tonga.
- Hon. Fatafehi Kinikinilau Lolomanaia Fakafanua (qv)
- Hon. Fakaolameilangi 'Itafua'atonga Tutoatasi Fakafanua
- Hon. Sinaitakala Tu'imatamoana 'i Fanakavakilangi
- Hon. Fatafehi Kinikinilau Lolomana'ia Fakafanua [The Noble Fakafanua] (see above)