LOCATION: Tonga (Hunga in Vavau'u, Fangalepa and Loto'uiha) AREA: xx acres CREATION: ca 1570
TITLE: The Honourable Fulivai HA'A: Ha'a Toutai SEAT: xx
PRESENT TITLE HOLDER: Hon. Tevita Moengangongo Fulivai [The Noble Fulivai], 17th Fulivai since 2002.
born 1977, he is a Tongan politician, Noble and Estate holder; he was elected member of the Tongan Parliament in 2009; Governor of Vava'u.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The Fulivai title is said to have originated with the Samoan company that brought Tohu'ia Limapo to Tonga to marry Mo'unga'otonga, the 6th Tu'i Ha'atakalaua around 1570. Sangini, the uncle of Tohu'ia was granted the title of Fulivai, in Samoan, Sa Fuli Le Vai (= The Sacred Hands that Sail the Ocean). The estates of Hunga, Fangalepa and Loto'uiha, belong to this family. Title holders were...
- Sangini, 1st Fulivai, married and had issue.
- Tomoefusi (qv)
- Tomoefusi, 2nd Fulivai, married and had issue.
- Sioni'i Fulivaiha'amoa, 9th Fulivai, married 1stly, Paluvava'u, daughter of Mulikiha'amea, 17th Tu'i Ha'atakalaua, and his wife, Toa'ila, married 2ndly, 'Ulukilupetea, and had issue.
- Taumoefusi Kakahu Lekeleka (by 'Ulukilupetea)
- Hon. Kemoe'atu III (by Paluvava'u) (qv)
- Taumoefusi Kakahu Lekeleka, 10th Fulivai, married Finau Holonga, daughter of Finau Tuku'aho, Tu'i Kanokupulu, and his wife, 'Anaukihehea, and had issue.
- Taufa Motulalo, married Fatafehi Fa'one Talaumokafoa, and had issue.
- 'Epalahame Fatafehi ♂
- Paula Tuituiohu Fatafehi ♂
- Sione Fatafehi ♂
- Seluvaia Fatafehi ♀
- Faka'olakifanga Fatafehi ♀, married Sione Funaki Fau'olo, and had issue.
- Peni Langoia'opangai Manu'okafoa, married, 'Ana 'Afuakifeletoa Havealeta, daughter of Simione Havealeta (see Havealeta title), and his wife, Lesieli Mo'ungatonga (daughter of Mo'ungatonga, and his wife, Mele Telusila), and had issue.
- Taumoefolau Fa'one ♂
- 'Alipate Fatafehi Fa'one ♂
- Liumei Tupou Fa'one ♀
- Hon. Kemoe'atu III, 11th Fulivai, married 1stly, Hulita Tu'ifua Fua'otonga, daughter of Hon. Tupouniua, 7th Tu'i Vava'u, and his wife, Tupouveiongo, 4th Moheofo, married 2ndly, Hon. 'Ilaisaane Tupou'ahau, died 1867, daughter of Hon. Ma'ealiu'aki Fatukimotulalo (see Tu'i Kanokupulu), and his wife, Fusi Kaunanga Lata'ihahake Pahulu, and had issue, as well as further issue.
- Hon. 'Oneata Onetangata Tupou Fulivai (by 1st wife) (qv)
- Hon. Veisinia Moalapau'u Fulivai (by 1st wife), born 1833, married (as his first wife), Hon. 'Isileli Tupou of Tonga, married 2ndly, Hon. 'Inoke Matafotu'afalefa Veikune, and had issue (see Tupou and Tu'i Vava'u). She died 13th August 1906.
- Hon. Tuavava'u Fulivai (by 1st wife)
- Hon. 'Atelaite Taupeavai Fulivai (by 'Ilaisaane), married 1stly, (as his second wife), Hon. Viliami Fatafehiolapaha Kalaniuvalu, 1st Kalaniuvalu, married 2ndly, Hon. Panuve Manumapuhola, and had issue (see Kalaniuvalu and Tu'i Tonga). She died about 1891.
- Lulu Hala'api'api Fulivai (by Maile Mata'aho)
- Hon. 'Oneata Onetangata Tupou Fulivai, 12th Fulivai, married 2ndly, Hon. 'Alilia Funaki Toutai Namoa, daughter of Hon. Siosifa Namoa, 1st Niumeitolu, and his wife, Hon. Lesieli Tupou Tonga, and had issue.
- Hon. Siokatame Vahavaha'i Tupou Fulivai (qv)
- Hon. Talolakepa Fulivai
- Hon. Vilisoni Fulivai
- Hon. Tupuvale Fulivai
- Vahavaha'i Po'ulikae Fulivai
- Tapuelelu Fulivai
- Lesieli Afuha'apai Fulivai
- Salesi Mataele Fulivai
- Hon. Siokatame Vahavaha'i Tupou
Fulivai, 13th Fulivai -/1900; married Hon. Meleseini
Finau Meipulotu Tupou, daughter of Tupou Valehelea, and his
wife, Meleane Nusi, and had issue. He died 1900.
- Hon. Siofilisi Kaianuanu Fulivai, born 1872, married 1897,
Losana Melikiseteki Mesake. He died 1897.
- Hon. 'Ikinesiasi Tupou Fulivai (qv)
- Hon. 'Ikinesiasi Tupou Fulivai [The Noble Fulivai], 14th Fulivai 1900/1965; born 3rd March 1877, married Hon. Temaleti Levaitai Fatafehi 'I'fe'aomoemanu, born 19th September 1882, died 9th May 1964, daughter of Tupou Taunaholo Fatafehi, and his wife, 'Ema Lu'isa Ma'afutakinima Naulu, and had issue, twelve children. He died 15th June 1965.
- Hon. Paula Namoa Fulivai, married 1920 in Nuku'alofa,
Meleane Vaopolohiva Ma'afu, daughter of Hon. Siotme Fakatulolo,
7th Ma'afutuku'iaulahi, and his wife, 'Ana Melaia Moa, and had issue. He died 6th March
- Hon. Sione Talolakepa Fulivai (qv)
- Hon. 'Atelaite Taupeavia Tupou Fulivai, married Rudolph Frank Sanft, and had issue.
- Alavina Tulip 'Elsie' Sanft, born 24th November 1926 in Vava'u.
- Hon. Meleseini Finau Tupou Fulivai, born 19th March 1904,
died 18th July 1915.
- Hon. Toa'ila Tupou Fulivai-Sikahema, married and had
- Hon. Veisinia Moala Pau'u Tupou Fulivai, born 13th March 1908, married Richard Mann, and had issue. She died 21st October 1968.
- George Mann, married Vahoi Veikune.
- Hon. Lu'isa Fane Tupou Fulivai, born 4th October 1910, died 7th August 1911.
- Hon. 'Alilia Funaki Toutai Fulivai, born 30th August 1912, died 15th September 1985.
- Hon. Sione Talolakepa Tupou Fulivai, born 26th June 1914,
married 1stly, Hon. Seini Vaikiola Lo'amanu, married 2ndly,
Hon. Salote 'Anaukihesina Tapuaka, born 13th December 1913, died in July
2004, daughter of Sione Tapuaka, and his wife, To'a Filimoe'unga Vaka'uta (see Uhi), and had issue. He died 23rd August 2002, buried 3rd
- Hon. 'Eseta Fuafolau-Ďa-Ngu Fulivai, married The Nopele
Fusitu'a, and has issue (see Fusitu'a).
- 'Iki Tupou Fulivai (by Salote), born 1947, died 1963.
- Viliame Molofoha Fulivai (by Salote), born 1948, married Tiani Tupou, illegitimate daughter of Hon. 'Alipate Halakilangi Tau'alupeoko Tupou [Baron Vaea of Houma], 15th Vaea, and had issue, three daughters. He died in August 2004.
- 'Alamea Fulivai ♀, married Tau 'Aholelei.
- Fuofolau Fulivai ♀, she was adopted by Lord and Lady Fusitu'a, married Anthony Tu'ipeatau, and has adoptive issue.
- Sisitu'umata Fulivai ♀
- Sione Fulivai (by Salote), born 30th October 1953, died 1965.
- Hon. Mele Seini Tupou, born 26th January 1917, married 1936, Sateki Sinisa Fakalata, died 1997, and had issue (see Tu'i Vava'u). She died 16th June 2006, buried at Sacramento, California.
- Hon. Viliami Haupeakui Tupou Fulivai, born 222nd April 1921, he served with the Tonga Defence Force during WWII; married and had issue. He died 1st October 1984, buried 5th October 1984 in San Diego, California.
- Namoa Tupou Fulivai
- Kemoe'atu Tupou Fulivai
- 'Emeline Tupou Fulivai-Pahulu
- Tupou Silia Tupou Fulivai
- Hon. Melekiseteki Tupou Fulivai, died in California, buried in San Diego, USA.
- Hon. Vaki'ae Laumanu'ivaha Tupou Fulivai
- Hon. Sione Talolakepa Fulivai,
15th Fulivai 1965/1985; born 13th April 1923, married
19th May 1943, Hon. 'Uinise Finau Finelaukau, born 23rd March
1925, died 19th November 1957, daughter of Siuta Tongilava
Taufa (son of Moimoi Taufa, and his wife, Setaita Maa'imoa
Tongilava [daughter of Metuisela Tongilava and 'Uinise
Fekelaukau]), and his wife, Keleni Latai Holeva Lousiale
(daughter of 'Usaia Lousiale and Melenau Tokoma'ata), and had
issue. He died 12th May 1985.
- Hon. Tevita Mapilivai Fulivai (qv)
- Hon. Fifita Holeva Fulivai, married Salesi.
- Hon. Finau Filimoe'ulie Fulivai
- Hon. Kemoe'atu Fulivai, married Laukau.
- Hon. Fuka'eiki Fulivai
- Hon. Saia Fulivai, married Sela.
- Hon. Hoaki Faleono Fulivai, married Seti Koluse.
- Meleane Fulivai-Tufu'i
- Mapili Fulivai
- Talolakepa Fulivai, married Kesaia Manusiu 'Alo Kalonihea, born 28th October 1968, daughter of Siosaia Afu Alo Kalonihea, and his wife, Mele Vika Fau (Kalonihea), and has issue.
- Eti Fulivai, married Trish.
- Pelevia Rayleen Fulivai
- Ofa Ricky Fulivai
- Mele Laufilitonga Fulivai
- Hon. Tevita Mapilivai Fulivai, 16th Fulivai 1985/2002, born 6th June 1944, married Hon. Luti Kaho, and had issue. He died 8th/28th April 2002.
- Hon. Tevita Moengangongo Fulivai (qv)
- Hon. Tevita Moengangongo Fulivai