LOCATION: Tonga (Pelehake, Ha'atalafale and Ha'atalafale) AREA: xx acres CREATION: xx
TITLE: The Honourable Fatafehi Tu'i Pelehake HA'A: Ha'a Talafale SEAT: circa 1800
PRESENT TITLE HOLDER: HSH Prince Tu'ipelehake (Hon. Viliami Sione Ngu Takaivulai Tuku'aho), 8th Fatafehi Tu'ipelehake since 8th July 2014
born 5th January 1987, he is a military officer with the rank of Lieutenant. in His Majesty's Armed Forces (formerly the Tonga Defence Services); married 19th July 2008 at Polata'ane, Hon. Cassandra Tukuia-a-Purea Vaea, adopted daughter of Hon. Alipate Tu'ivanuavou Vaea, Baron Vaea of Houma, and his wife, Baroness Tuputupu Ma'afu-Vaea, and natural daughter of Hon. 'Alipate Tu'ivanuavou Vaea, and of Siatukimoana Fakafanua, and has issue.
- Hon. Siaosi Tupoulahi Tukuaho
- Hon. Melenaite Tupoumoheofo Tukuaho
- Atuheua, Tu'ipelehake, married Falekihetoa, and had issue.
- Fisilaumali ♂ (qv)
- Tupou ♀
- Fisilaumali, Tu'ipelehake, married Fusipala, daughter of Mata'eleha'amea, 4th Tu'i Kanokupulu, and had issue.
- Lekaumo'ana (qv)
- Fehokololopipi ♂, married and had issue.
- Fakatoulavea ♀, married Fatafehifakahau, 3rd Valu, and had issue.
- Fehokolopipi ♀, married Katoangamoe'atu Taufa, and had issue.
- Malungahu ♂ (by Fiapo Ahoietu), married Feke Tauatevaku, and had issue, one son.
- Tu'itengeifekai 'Angakehe Kihehau ♀
- Fehokoniumataongo, she married (as his 8th wife), Mumui Tupouila Mapatongiamanu, 13th Tu'i Kanokupulu, and had issue.
- Lekaumo'ana, 1st Tu'ipelehake; married 1stly, Mateitalo, daughter of Mapa, 3rd Tu'i Ha'ateiho, and his wife, Mafi'uli'uli, married 2ndly, Toe'umu'alotuma, 8th Tu'i Vava'u, daughter of Kafoa, and his wife, Hahanokifanga'uta, married 3rdly, Latutama, daughter of Tungi Manai'a, 2nd Tu'i Ha'ateiho, and his wife, Finaule'ofatani, married 4thly, Fonua, daughter of Fakatoumafi, and had issue.
- Maile Latamai ♂ (by Mateitalo), he was banished to Fiji, married and had issue, the Radike family of Fiji.
- 'Uluvalu ♂ (by Toeumu) (qv)
- Kalisitiane ♂ (by Toeumu)
- Fakalelufaiva [aka Faka'ulufaiva] ♀ (by Latutama)
- Manu'akemama'o ♂ (by Latutama)
- Fehoko'uli ♂ (by Fonua), married Latunipulu, and had issue.
- Lakepamo'afitu ♂, he married and had issue.
- Tufui ♂
- Fifita Malohi ♂
- Tu'iava'uta [aka Tuiavatoa] ♀ (by Fonua), married Faiva, son of Mapa, 3rd Tu'i Ha'ateiho, and his wife, Mafi'uli'uli, and had issue.
- 'Uuluvalu, 2nd Tu'ipelehake; married 1stly, Tupouveiongo, 4th Moheofo, daughter of Mumui Tupouila Mapatongiamanu, 13th Tu'i Kanokupulu, and his wife, Tulehu'afaikikava, married 2ndly, Latuholeva, daughter of Kiuve'etaha Tu'alau, and his wife, Latufu'ipeka, 5th Tamaha, married 3rdly, Lupe, married 4thly, Finau Fakaheke, daughter of Sikihaumu, and his wife, Fakaheke, and had issue.
- Hon. Siaosi Filiaipulotu ♂ (by Tupouveiongo) (qv)
- Tuputupu'opulotu ♀ (by Latuholeva),
married Finau 'Ulukalala III Pou'ono Tu'apasi, Tu'i Vava'u, 3rd 'Ulukalala, died March
1833, and had issue.
- 'Oko ♀ (by Lupe), married Sione Tonga Ma'afutakinima, and had issue (see Ma'afu Takinima).
- Fakatoumafi Kulivolivoli ♂ (by Finau), married (a), Tongakovi Meleseini, daughter of Sisitoutai (see Tokemoana), and his wife, Fataisemanu, married (b), Sili'ika, and had issue.
- Veamalohi ♀ (by Tongakovi), married and had issue.
- 'Asipau ♂, married Heu'ifanga Havea, born 12th March 1837, daughter of Kelepi Fulilangi, 8th Tu'iha'ateiho, and his wife, 'Asena Hana, and had issue.
- 'Isileli Fehokotea ♂ (by Sili'ika), married Lupemeitakui Vehikite, daughter of Metuisela Vehikite (see Vaea), and his wife, 'Asena Tonga, and had issue.
- Hon. 'Elisiva Finau Fehoko ♀, married Hon. Sione
Tupou Faletau, [The Noble 'Akau'ola], 10th 'Akau'ola, and had
issue. She died 30th December 1916.
- Siaosi Filiapulotu Fehoko ♂
- Losana Tuputupu Fehoko ♀
- Toeumu Fehoko ♀
- Maka Fehoko ♂
- Tavake Fehoko ♂
- Kao Fehoko ♀
- 'Alipate Sekona Fehoko ♂
- Fatafehi Fehoko ♂
- Fehokohape ♀ (by Sili'ika), married Penisoni Manuvaha, and had issue.
- Hon. Siaosi Filiaipulotu, 3rd Tu'ipelehake; Governor of Ha'apai; married 14th May 1837, Hon. Salote Mafile'o Pilolevu, born 1824, died 18th September 1891 (or 8th September 1899), daughter of HM King George Tupou I, King of Tonga, and his wife, Hon. Finau Kaunanga, and had issue, as well as further issue by Nanasi, daughter of the Noble Niukapu, and by Taiaga Sua from Samoa.
- Hon. Siaosi Fatafehi Toutaitokotaha ♂ (by Hon. Salote) (qv)
- Malakai Vakameitangake ♂ (by Nanasi), briefly Governor of the Moala island group in Fiji around 1870; married (a), Tu'ifua, married (b), Faka'alele, married (c), Palu, married (d), 'Ilaisaane Fuefue, and had issue, the Turaga na Tui Tavuki in Fiji, amongst others.
- Setaita Vakatapule (by Faka'alele)
- Halatono (by Tu'ifua)
- Sione Tu'itavake ♂ (by Palu), married Sela Kini, and had issue.
- Siaosi Kalaniuvalu ♂ (by Fale'aka), married Milika Manukilupe, died 2nd January 1964, and had issue. He died 7th September 1951.
- Lesieli Halatono, born 10th November 1924,
died August 1925.
- Sione Tu'itavake ♂, born 4th February 1932, died
3rd March 1958.
- 'Amelia Tupou ♀, born 16th January 1936, died
- 'Alipate Hakakilangi Taualupeoko (by Taiaga Sua), married Fane, and had issue.
- Emosi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, married (a),
Tu'ifeai So'oalo, died 5th December 1904, daughter
of Mataese So'oalo, and his wife, Saimalie Taulalo
Fiaiai, married (b), Fa'asapisapi Sua'filo, and
had issue. He died 25th July 1921.
- Samila Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, born 14th January 1871, married (a), Faavale Salaia, married (b), Ovi'iga Pau, married (c), Fa'a'ati Patosina Aea, and had issue. He died 14th February 1948.
- Fasiotitagata Su'apaia Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, married Matalena Matauli Letuli Su'a'ali'i, died 31st December 1917 in Samoa, and had issue. He died 30th November 1918 at Upolu, Samoa.
- Mei Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, born 29th May 1900, married 30th April 1921, William Filiaga Lepua Leuluso'o, died 16th September 1958, and had issue. She died 15th April 1977 on Oahu in Hawai'i.
- Fa'atueli Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, born 17th December 1902, she died June 1911/1915.
- Aila Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, born 12th October 1904, she died young.
- Gauula Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, born 13th February 1906, she died September 1979.
- Taimane Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina, born 3rd April 1908, died 10th May 1908.
- Valila Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, born 18th April 1909, she died 29th July 1963.
- Ruta Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, born 2nd May 1912, she died 16th September 1991.
- Letane Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, he died November 1918.
- Pulusila Frank Fasi Tuipelehake-Saimasina,
born 17th April 1916, died 9th May 1968.
- Salatielu Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, married Luanei Tulia Sione.
- Tuaefu Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, he died about 1892.
- Sui Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, she died about 1893.
- Salu Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, married Alesi Fanene. He died 2nd June 1964.
- Bessie Su'apaia Tuipelehake ♀, born 4th June 1907.
- Sifou Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, married Sagitoa Tuioti. He died before 1928.
- Tinei Sua Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♂, born 14th July 1886, married 1stly, Nele Tavete Leiataua, married 2ndly, 3rd March 1946, Simoemoe Lilo, and had issue. He died 13th September 1977.
- Levila Tinei Tuipelehake ♀ (by Nele), born 6th November 1911, she died 1982.
- Lele Tinei Tuipelehake ♂ (by Nele), born 26th January 1918, he died February 1972.
- Alamoni Tuipelehake-Saimasina ♀, born 19th July 1888, married Levusi Pilimai. She died 1965.
- Sua Kipeni Tuipelehake-Saimasina, born 4th July 1889.
- Tolimu Fangafua (by Fane)
- Fakatoumafi Hakakilangi
- Hon. Siaosi Fatafehi Toutaitokotaha, 4th Tu'ipelehake; born 4th July 1842, Speaker of the House 1897/1912; 5th Prime Minister of Tonga briefly (few days) in January 1905; married 1stly, 1871, Hon. 'Eliseva Fusipala Tauki'onetuku, born 18th May 1850, died September 1889, daughter of HRH Crown Prince Tevita 'Ungamotangitau (see Tonga), and his wife, HRH Princess Fifitavava'u, married 2ndly, 1897, Hon. Lepetimalo, daughter of Lauluoa of Moata'a in Samoa, and had issue, as well as natural issue by Finau Mapuianafanga Lavaka, daughter of Fangupo Taungahihifo, 9th Lavaka. He died 20th November 1912 (#1 p.317).
- HM King George II Tupou, King of Tonga (qv).
- Siaosi Kau'ulufonua Matekitonga ♂ (by Finau), married 1stly, Hon. Sela Seini Tupoupau'u Maealiuaki, born 2nd July 1862, died 6th June 1935, daughter of Hon. Viliami Maealiuaki (see Tu'i Kanokupulu), and his wife, Hon. Ma'ata Peleki [Martha Blake], married (a), 'Analatai Hala'api'api, daughter of Penisimani Hala'api'api, and his wife, Lolohea, married (b), Tonga'ofolaha, and had issue. He died 30th October 1940.
- Tupoumaluhola Matekitonga ♀, married Viliami Tavao Helu, and had issue.
- Tohi Koula Helu ♂, married, Susan Hurrell, and had issue.
- Hon. Ma'ata 'Evelini Helu Hurrell ♀, married Hon 'Inoke Fotu Faletau [The Noble 'Akau'ola], 13th 'Akau'ola, and had issue.
- Tomasi Tupuvale Helu ♂, married Liumeitupou Uhalovai Pupunu, daughter of Solomone Hala’api’api Pupunu, and his wife, Taisia Moala Pau’u Ula, and has issue (see 'Ulukalala).
- Sakisi Matekitonga
- Vailena Matekitonga
- 'Ilaisaane Fie'iloki Vaitupu Fu'itoa ♀ (by 'Analatai), married Fakafanua Motu'a, and had issue.
- Kau'ulufonua Fekai Matekitonga ♂ (by
Tonga'ofolaha), married Molimohe'a, had issue.
- Tulima Matekitonga
- 'Alipate Matekitonga ♂
- Maka Matekitonga ♂
- Po'ulia Matekitonga
- Fangaola Matekitonga
- Tu'i Pulotu Matekitonga (by Tonga'ofolaha)
- Sioeli Niua Matekitonga ♂
- Le'ota Matekitonga ♀ (by Finau), married (defacto), Hon. Salesi Tu'ipulotu Fotu, and had issue (see Tu'ivava'u).
- Saia Matekitonga (by Finau)
- Havili Matekitonga (by Finau)
- 'Alofi Matekitonga ♂ (by Finau)
- HRH Prince Sione Ngu Manumata'ongo 'Uelingatoni C.B.E. [Prince Fatafehi Tu'ipelehake], 5th Fatafehi Tu'ipelehake 1944/1999, born 7th January 1922 in Nukualofa, educated at Newington College, Sydney 1941/1942 and at Gatton Agricultural College, Queensland; Governor of Vava'u 1949/1952; Governor of Ha'apai 1952/1953; Deputy Prime Minister 1960/1965; Premier 1965/1970 and 11th Prime Minister of Tonga [16.12.1965] - [21.8.1991], appointed to the Tu'ipelehake title on 22nd September 1944; married 10th June 1947 in Nuku'alofa, HRH Princess Melenaite Tupoumoheofo, born 13th November 1924 in Nuku'alofa, died 16th March 1993 in Auckland, New Zealand, daughter of Hon. 'Inoke Matafonuafotu Veikune (see Veikune), and his wife, Hon. Lavinia Veiongo Fotofili, and had issue, as well as further issue by 'Ofa Vakauta. He died 10th April 1999 in Auckland, buried 17th April 1999.
- HRH Princess Mele Siu'ilikutapu Tuku'aho, 12th May born 1948, married 10th October 1970, Hon. Siosiua Ngalumoetutulu Kalaniuvalu, 4th Kalaniuvalu Fotofili, and has issue.
- HRH Princess 'Elisiva Fusipala Tauki'onetuku Tuku'aho, born 12th June 1949, married 13th March 1968, The Noble Vaha'i [Hon. Hahano-ki-Mala'e Kula'a Sione Ngu Namoa], a Noble of Fo'ui, and has issue.
- HRH Prince Sione 'Uluvalu Ngu Takeivulai Tuku'aho (qv)
- HRH Princess Lavinia Mata-'o-Taone Tuku'aho, born
4th April 1952, married the Noble Ma'afu
Tukui'aulahi [Hon. Siosaia Lausi'i], 10th Ma'afu Tukui'aulahi, and has
- HRH Princess Sinaitakala 'Ofeina Tuku'aho, born
6th September 1953, married 1984, the Noble
Fakafanua [Hon. Kinikinilau Tutoatasi Fakafanua],
7th Fakafanua, and has
- Hon. Viliami Tupoulahi Mailefihi Tuku'aho (qv)
- HRH Prince Sione 'Uluvalu Ngu Takeivulai Tuku'aho, 6th Tu'ipelehake [17.4.1999] - [6.7.2006], born 7th October 1950, succeeded his father as the 6th Fatafehi Tu'i Pelehake on 17th April 1999, educated at the University of Auckland and later at a Military Academy in India; later joined very briefly the Civil Service, first the Tonga Defence Service, then the Ministry of Lands, and the Ministry of Labour and Commerce; became a Noble's Representatives to the Tongan Parliament; married 29th November 1998, HRH Princess Kaimana Hauoli ‘o Kuini Aleamotu’a, born 13th March 1960, died 6th July 2006 at Menlo Park, California, the eldest daughter of the late Noble Fielakepa [Hon. Paula Longolongo'atumai 'Atunaisa Aleamotu'a], 4th Fielakepa, and his wife, Hon. Mele Tunakaimanu Aleamotu’a, educated at Tonga High School and at St. Cuthbert’s College in New Zealand, and later at the University of Queensland, Australia (B.A.) and at the Australian National University (M.A.), worked with the Tongan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was later posted as a counselor at the Tongan High Commission in London. He died sp on 6th July 2006 at Menlo Park, California, USA and buried 21st July 2006 at Langi Na Moala, Nuku'alofa, Tonga.
- Hon. Viliami Tupoulahi Mailefihi Tuku'aho, 7th Fatafehi Tu'ipelehake [21.7.2006] - [14.6.2014, born 17th June 1957; he was elevated to the rank of Prince, as a hereditary distinction, with the style of Serene Highness (#2), by HM King George Tupou V on 19th July 2008; appointed Lord Protector of the Royal Regalia [14.7.2008]; appointed as Minister of Agriculture, Food, Fisheries and Forestry on 30th April 2009; married 1stly, 5th January 1983, Hon. Mele Vikatolia Faletau, eldest daughter of Hon 'Inoke Fotu Faletau [The Noble 'Akau'ola], 3rd 'Akau'ola, and his wife, Hon. Ma'ata 'Evelini, married 2ndly, 13th April 1996, in San Francisco, USA, Ma'ata Mo'ungaloa, born about 1977, Miss South Pacific 1996, married 3rdly, in 2008 (div. 2010), Margaret 'Ene'io Tatafu of 'Alaki Fonua, daughter of Taufa Tatafu, and his wife, Lata 'Okusi, married 4thly, Hon. Fifita Holeva Tu'iha'angana, daughter of Hon. Sione Kiteau Latu, 16th Tu'iha'angana, and his wife, Hon. Sisilia Losimani Tu'iafitu, and had issue, as well as adoptive issue. He died on 14th June 2014 in Vaiola Hospital.
- Hon. Mata'otaone Tuku'aho (by 1st marriage)
- Hon. Viliami Sione Ngū Takeivulai Tuku'aho (by 1st
- (A) Hon. Anaseini Takipo Michelle Alexandra Tuku'aho (by 3rd marriage)
- Hon. Viliami Sione Ngū Takeivulai Tuku'aho (see above)