LOCATION: Tonga (Nukunuku, Matafonua, Vaotu'u, Matahau) AREA: xx sq.km. CREATION: around 1730
TITLE: The Honourable Tu'ivakano HA'A: Ha'a Havea Lahi SEAT: xx
PRESENT TITLE HOLDER: The Honourable Lord Tu'ivakano [Hon. Siale'ataonga Tu'ivakano], 13th Tu'ivakano since 20th January 1986.
educated at Tonga Side School, at Tonga High School, at Wesley College, Auckland in New Zealand, where he was the Head Prefect, Athletics Champion and Captain of the 1st XV (Rugby Union Football); he earned a Teaching Diploma in 1974 from Ardmore Teaching College, New Zealand and in 1991 he earned a Bachelor's Degree with Honours in Political Science from Flinders University of South Australia; prior to entering upon a political career in 1996, he taught at Tailulu College Nukunuku Secondary School, then at Tonga High School, as Head of Physical Education; he then had served in the Ministry of Education, for eighteen years, then as Officer responsible for Culture, Youth, and Sports 1992/1996; Member of the Legislative Assembly for Tongatapu 1996/2002; Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Tonga (Parliament) from 2002 to 2004; appointed Minister for Works from March 2005 to May 2006; Minister for Training, Employment, Youth and Sport from May 2006; elected Prime Minister of Tonga [22.12.2010] - [30.12.2014]; Speaker of the Tonga Parliament 2014/-; he succeeded his father to the title of Tu'ivakano on 20th January 1986; President, Tonga National Rugby League; President, Tonga Sumo Association; President, Tonga National Taekwando Association; Vice-President, Tongan National Olympic Committee; married Hon. Joyce Robyn Sanft [Hon. Siosi Kaho], daughter of Lolo Sanft, and has issue.
- Hon. Losaline Fatafehi Havili Kaho ♀
- Hon. Siaosi Kiutaukivailahi Ngalumoetutulu Kaho ♂, 2nd Lieutenant at the Tonga Defence Service, Nuku'alofa; married 3rd May 2007 at the Free Church of Tonga, Nuku'alofa, Hon. Titilupe Fanetupouvavaʻu Tuita, currently an Assistant Secretary at the Prime Minister's Office, daughter of The Nopele Tuita (Capt. Hon. Siosaia Ma'ulupekotofa Tuita), 9th Tuita, and his wife, HRH Princess Salote Mafile'o Pilolevu Tuku'aho, and has issue.
- Hon. Simon Tu'ivakano
- Hon. Michaela Tu'ivakano
- Hon. Fatafehi Tu'ivakano
- Hon. Herriot Kaho ♀
- Hon. Paula Nunufaa'ikea Kaho ♂
- Hon. David Tangata'otonga Kaho ♂
- Tu'ivakano, 1st Tu'ivakano, married Heu'uhu or Hui'uha Taufatofua or Taufa'ofa, and had issue.
- Puipuiletai ♂, married, and had issue.
- Simulata ♀, married Laufilitonga Kakau Vaha'i, son of Tuipulotu 'Uluakimata, and his wife, Tupou Ta'anea Vuna, and had issue.
- Tu'i'onetoa 'Uluakimata Vaha'' ♂ (see Vaha'i)
- Mafana ♂ (qv)
- Hafokame'e I ♂ (qv)
- Kuita I ♂, married and had issue.
- Kuita II ♂
- Taufa Pulotu ♂
- Mangu ♀
- Tupouha'afune ♂, married and had issue.
- Taufapuku ♂
- Puleiku ♂
- Mohulamupangai , married Koleakikava (see Tu'i Ha'atakalaua VII), and had issue.
- Mafana, 2nd Tu'ivakano, married and had issue.
- Tamata'ane ♂, married and had issue.
- Tokilupe ♀
- Manakoufitunu ♂
- 'Ate ♀, married Lomu, and had issue.
- Lomu Lomu ♂
- 'Apiheulupe Lomu ♀
- Hafokame'e I , 3rd Tu'ivakano, married Pouvalu 'Ulufonua, and had issue.
- Hafokame'e II ♂ (qv)
- Hafokame'e II , 4th Tu'ivakano, married 1stly, Tangi, married 2ndly, Palu, and had issue.
- Punou ♂ (by Tangi) (qv)
- Fa ♂ (by Tangi) (qv)
- Tu'ivakano ♂ (by Palu)
- Punou, 5th Tu'ivakano
- Hon. Fa, 6th Tu'ivakano
- Hon. Viliami 'Aokato'a
Vaeamomataele, 7th Tu'ivakano -/1875, converted to Christianity but
his people rebelled and installed the Chief 'Uhi in his place, 'Uiliami
enlisted the help of the Christian chiefs, Aleamotu'a and Taufa’ahau
for help, and was able to defeat the rebel chief and was re-installed
as the Tu'ivakano; married
Hon. Fusi Kaunanga Luani, daughter of Mo'ungalakepa, 3rd Luani, and his
wife, Toeumusi'i Kafoa, and had
- Hon. Manu'otua Tu'ivakano ♂ (qv)
- Hon. 'Eke Tu'ivakano ♂ (by Fusi), married 'Anau, and had issue. He died before 1880.
- 'Umukisia Tu'ivakano ♀, married 1stly, Koliniasi Moa, died 5th January 1955, married 2ndly, Sione Tu'i'ile'ila, and had issue.
- Lolohea Moa ♀, born 12th July 1899, married
Samuela Vaeamuni Vakalahi, died 6th October 1950, and had issue. She
died 12th November 1946.
- Lupe Tu'i'ile'ila ♀
- Tu'iniua Tu'i'ile'ila ♂
- Fifita Tu'i'ile'ila ♀
- Vei Tu'i'ile'ila ♀
- Lolohea Tu'i'ile'ila ♀
- Kelei Tu'i'ile'ila ♀
- Sione Lanipaka Tu'i'ile'ila ♂
- Hon. Moalapeau Tu'ivakano ♀ (by Fusi)
- Hon. Ngininginie Tu'ivakano ♂ (by Fusi)
- Hon. Hafokame'e Tu'ivakano ♂ (by Fusi)
- Hon. Lisi Tu'ivakano ♀ (by Fusi)
- Hon. 'Anaseini Tokilupeve'eva'itoafa Tu'ivakano ♀ (by Fusi), married Hon. Manase Kahomovailahi, died 21st August 1893, son of Hon. Po'oi Niutupuʻivaha, 5th Tuita, and his wife, Hon. Si'ulolovao Sisi Toutaitokotaha, and had issue (see Tuita). She died about 1897.
- Hon. Tevita Polutele T'uivakano (qv)
- Hon. Siosiua Niutupu'ivaha Kaho ♂ (qv)
- Hon. Manu'otua Tu'ivakano, 8th Tu'ivakano 1875/1880, married Hon. Mele Toafilimoe'unga, daughter of Hon. Samuelio Fatafehi Laufilitonga, 39th Tu'i Tonga, and his 15th wife, Va'e, and had issue. He died 1880.
- Kepu Tu'ivakano, born 1859, married 'Olivia Finau
'Ioane, died in July 1946, daughter of 'Ioane, and his wife, Pohea Toto,
and had issue. He died in December 1893.
- Leisi Tu'ivakano, born 1889.
- 'Amelia Tu'ivakano, born 1st April 1893, died 25th July 1970.
- Hon. Mano'a Tu'ivakano,
9th Tu'ivakano 1880/1912
- Hon. Tevita Polutele T'uivakano, 10th Tu'ivakano [25.1.1912] - [4.8.1923], born 25th December 1869 in Hihifo, 7th Prime Minister of Tonga [30.9.1912] - [30.6.1923], Minister of Police 1905/-; married Hon. Halatono, and had issue. He died 4th August 1923.
- Hon. Moala Pau'u 'Atelaite Fusikaunanga Kaho, born 24th April 1905, died and is buried in Waikumete Cemetery, Auckland, N.Z.
- Hon. Siosiua Niutupu'ivaha Tu'ivakano, 11th Tu'ivakano [4.8.1923] - [9.4.1959], born 1st December 1873 in Hihifo, Speaker of the Tongan Legislative Assembly in 1941 and 1946/1948 and in 1950; Minister of Police 1919/1939; married Hon. Sisilia Vavahe'a Heamasi Ma'afu (see Tu'i Kanokupulu), daughter of Semisi Fuapau Ma'afu, and his wife, Lavinia Tupou Nuapapu, and had issue. He died 9th April 1959
- Hon. Tongamafana Kaho ♀
- Hon. Siaosi Ngalumoetutulu Kiutau'ivailahi ♂ (qv)
- Hon. Paula Nunufa'a'ekea Polutele Toluafe Kaho ♂, died 3rd
- Hon. Manase Kaho ♂
- Hon. Tupou Saga 'Upolutele Kaho ♂
- Hon. Tupou'ohomohema Ngalumotutulu Kaho ♀
- Hon. Lisiate Toluafe Kaho ♂
- Hon. Semisi Siale'ataongo Kaho ♂, died 12th May 1909.
- Hon. 'Anaseini Tu'imala Kaho ♀, born 1905 in Hihifo, died 1960 in Nuku'alofa.
- Hon. 'Olivia 'Ulukilupetea Kaho-Mafile'o ♀, born in August 1907.
- Hon. Siaosi
Ngalumoetutulu Kiutau'ivailahi Kaho [The Honourable Tu'ivakano], 12th
Tu'ivakano 1959/1986, married 1stly, Hon. Fatafehi'olapaha, born 1927,
Viliami Liku 'Ohihifo Tamala (see Tamale), and his wife, Seini
Fonuakihehau, and had issue. He died in January 1986.
- Hon. Toafilimoe'unga Kaho ♀
- Hon. Kasanita Paelata Kaho ♀, married August Johansson, and
has issue, eight children.
- Hon. Mapafisi Hekuoa'u Kaho ♀, married 1stly, Siupeli
Taufa, married 2ndly, Rev. Tavake Tupou, and has issue, four children
by first husband, and two children by second husband.
- Hon. Lisiate Toluafe Kaho ♂
- Hon. Losaline Fulifua'atonga Nayoka Kaho ♀ (by Hon.
Fatafehi), married David
James, and has issue, two children.
- Hon. Siale'ataongo Kaho ♂ (by Hon. Fatafehi) (qv)
- Hon. Toluafe Kaho ♂ (by Hon. Fatafehi), married Hon. Paneta (Kaho), and has issue.
- Tangata'olakepa Sione Fonua Kaho ♂
- Siosiua Kaho ♂
- Hon. Siukitu'atonga Kaho ♂ (by Hon. Fatafehi), married Hon. Lasini (Kaho), and has issue.
- Poutele Kaho ♀
- Tuputau Kaho ♀
- Fatafehi Kaho ♀
- Hon. Sione Fonua Kaho ♂ (by Hon. Fatafehi)
- Hon. Fuofuapau Kaho ♂ (by Hon. Fatafehi)
- Hon. 'Anaseini Tu'imala Kaho ♀ (by Lavinia, sister of
- Hon. Siale'ataongo Kaho, present Tu'ivakano (see above)