LOCATION: Tonga (Mu'a, Ha'atakalaua, Fua'amotu, Kai'avale and Ha'atui) AREA: xx sq.km. SEAT: Mu'a
TITLE: The Honourable Tungi HA'A: Ha'a Vaea CREATION: ca 1887
PRESENT TITLE HOLDER: HSH Prince Tungi Sitiveni 'Alaivahamama'o Polu Le'ulingana Tanusia Ma'a Tonga Tuku'aho, 4th Tungi since 19th July 2008.
he was elevated to the rank of Prince, as a hereditary distinction, with the style of Serene HighnessIn the Order of Precedence, Lord Tungi will follow immediately after Royal Princes and Princesses., by HM King George Tupou V on 19th July 2008; he was appointed Lord Bearer of the Crown [14.7.2008];
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The estates belonging to this family are, Mu'a but not to include Havelu, Fatumu and Lavengatonga but it shall include Ha'atakalaua to Fua'amotu and Kai'avale and Ha'atui, also that part of Navutoka that was divided by Malupo and Toi. Title holders were...
- Hon. Viliami Halatuituia, 1st Tungi ca1887/1900, born 1822, son of Hon. Maealuaki Fatukimotulalo (see Tu'i Ha'atakalaua), and his wife, Hon. Kaunanga Haveahikule'o, Speaker of the House 1875/1896; married 1853, Hon. 'Anaseini Tupou Veihola, daughter of Malakai Lavulo, and his wife, Luseane Halaevalu Mata'aho, and had issue, as well as further issue by Sofaia Valu, born 1840, died 14th March 1887, daughter of Fatafehi Fonohema Tau'atevalu (see Valu), and his wife, Tupoumapu Meihengalu (see Vaea). He died 13th June 1900.
- Hon. Siaosi Tuku'aho, born 18th March 1854 in Mu'a, Tongatapu, 3rd Prime Minister of Tonga [xx.7.1890] -; Speaker of the House in 1897; married 12th September 1886 in Mu'a, Tongatapu, Hon. Mele Siu'ilikutapu, born 24th July 1865 in Nuku'alofa, died 29th July 1921 in Nuku'alofa, daughter of Hon. Sunia 'Akaveka Mafile'o (see Tu'i Kanokupulu), Great Chief of Kolomotu'a, and his wife, Hon. Fanetupouvava'u, and had issue, as well as further issue by Fane Mei'eua. He died 7th October 1897 in Nuku'alofa.
- Hon. Viliami Tupoulahi Tuku'aho (by Mele Siu'ilikutapu) (qv)
- 'Ungapapalangi Tuku'aho (by Fane), married (a), Sepiuta Taukionetuku 'Akilele, died 1953, married (b), Lavinia Ma'u Soakai, and had issue. He died 1946.
- Malia 'Anaukihesina (by Sepiuta Taukionetuku
'Akilele), born 26th December 1896, married 1916, Tevita
Falepapalangi, and had issue. She died 12th April 1964.
- Sione Lamipeti (by Lavinia), born 27th November 1902,
married, 'Anaseini Tupouveihola 'Akau'ola Kupu,
born 7th February 1906, died 24th December 1971,
daughter of Siaosi Tuku'aho Fotu (see Veikune), and his
wife, Vai, and had issue. He died September 1969.
- Fa'ila Lamipeti-Mapakaitolo (by 'Ana Kilipati) (+)
- Tupou Lolotava Lamipeti (by 'Ana Kilipati) (+), born
1927, died 1989.
- Hon. 'Ane Tokanga Fuifuilupe Lamipeti, married Hon. Seniloli Ratu Popi Veikune (see Veikune), and had issue.
- Milika Fe'ao Moemanu Lamipeti (by 'Ana Kilipati),
born 1933, married Sione Manu Kaho, born 1919, died
1992, son of Tevita Kaho, and his wife, Tupou Palavi.
She died 1986.
- 'Ana Latai Lamipeti, married Vai Tapatoutai (+).
- Hon. ʻUhinga'aevaluʻa Tupoutoʻaʻikolisi Puleʻanga
Lamipeti, married Hon. Samisoni Fonomanu Tuʻiʻafitu
[The Noble Tu'i'afitu], and had issue.
- Ma'u He 'Ofa Lavinia Lamipeti (by 'Ana Kilipati), married Mr. Morel, and has issue.
- Sione Lamipeti
- Tangifetaua Lamipeti
- Nora Tu'avava'u (by Clara Lynch)
- Tupou Holeva Tuku'aho (by Kafaika'imoana)
- 'Ungatea Tuku'aho (by Latu Holeva)
- 'Osaiasi Tovi Velata Tuku'aho (by Sofaia Valu), married (a), Lupe, married (b), Namoe, married (c), Kato'One'Oetau, daughter of 'Ungamotangitau, and his wife, Teisa Palu, and had issue. He died 29th August 1921.
- Tupou'ata Tovi (by Lupe)
- Latutame Tovi (by Kato)
- Mele Poli Tovi (by Kato)
- Hon. Lavenia Tuku'aho (by Sofaia Valu), married Hon. Sailosi Fusi Luani, 6th Luani, and had issue (see Luani).
- Valu Matapule Tuku'aho (by Sofaia Valu)
- Taliai Siofilisi Tuku'aho (by Sofaia Valu)
- Hon. Viliami Tupoulahi Tuku'aho, 2nd Tungi 1900/1941, born 1st November 1887 in Nuku'alofa, he was educated at Tupou College, Tonga from 1896/- and at Newington College, Sydney; he was considered as the Heir to the throne until 1900; he represented the Tongan King at the Coronation of King George V in London in 1911; Governor of Vava'u 1912/1918; Minister for Lands 1918/1923; 8th Premier of Tonga [30.6.1923] - [20.7.1941]; Prince Consort of Tonga [5.4.1918] - [20.7.1941]; he was a recipient of the King George V Silver Jubilee Medal on 19th June 1911 and the King George VI Coronation Medal on 3rd June 1935; he was made an Honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire (C.B.E.) on 3rd May 1937; married 19th September 1917 in Nuku'alofa, HM Queen Salote Mafile'o, Queen of Tonga, born 13th March 1900 in Nuku'alofa, died 16th December 1965 in Auckland, daughter of HM King George Tupou II, and his wife, HM Queen Lavinia Veiongo, and had issue, three sons. He died 20th July 1941 in Nuku'alofa (#1 p.318).
- HM King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, 3rd Tungi 1941/1965, 4th Tupou 1965/2006, 2nd Tupouto'a and 22nd Tu'i Kanokupulu 1965/2006 (see Tonga - Tupou)
- Hon. Sitiveni 'Alaivahamama'o Polu Le'ulingana Tanusia Ma'a Tonga Tuku'aho, 4th Tungi (see above)