|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Parent state called Nkore, was founded around 1447, it
number of other states in 1901 to form Ankole. The Kingdom
abolished on 8th September 1967 and restored 24th July
- Omugabe RUHINDA
Nyabugaro, son of Wamara, the last Bachwzi King,
married and had issue He lived around 1447.
- Omugabe Nkuba ya Ramana (qv)
married and had issue.
married and had issue.
- Omugabe Ntare I Nyabugaro Bwera (qv)
Omugabe NTARE I
Nyabugaro Bwera, married and had issue. He lived mid
married and had issue. He lived late 16th cty.
- Omugabe Ntare II Kagwejeayerera Mishange (qv)
Omugabe NTARE II
Kagwejeayerera Mishange. He lived in the early 17th
Omugabe NTARE III
Rugamba N'amaju, married and had issue. He lived mid
married and had issue. He lived mid to late 17th cty.
- Omugabe Kitera (qv)
- Omugabe Rumongye (qv)
he lived late 17th cty.
married and had issue. He lived late 17th cty.
11th Omugabe of Nkore -/ca1699, married and had issue.
- Omugabe Ntare IV Kitabanyoro (qv)
Omugabe NTARE IV
Kitabanyoro, 12th Omugabe of Nkore ca1699/1727, he
invaded Bweera in
1727, married and had issue. He died 1727.
- Omugabe Machwa (qv)
- Prince Buzuga
- Prince Murali
- Prince Kakonko
13th Omugabe of Nkore 1727/1755, married and had
- Omugabe Rwabirere (qv)
- Omugabe Karara (qv)
- Omugabe Karaiga (qv)
- Omugabe Kahaya I (qv)
14th Omugabe of Nkore
15th Omugabe of Nkore
[?Kayungu], 16th Omugabe of Nkore
Omugabe KAHAYA I
Nyamwanga, 17th Omugabe of
Nkore 1755/1783, married and had issue. He died about
- Omugabe Nyakashaija (qv)
- Omugabe Bwarenga (qv)
- Omugabe Rwebishengye (qv)
- Prince Rwakyendera
18th Omugabe of Nkore or ?1783/-
19th Omugabe of Nkore
20th Omugabe of Nkore or -/1811, married and had
- Omugabe Kayungu (qv)
- Omugabe Gasyonga I (qv)
Karaiga, 21st Omugabe of Nkore 1811/-
Omugabe GASYONGA I,
22nd Omugabe of Nkore -/1839, married and had issue.
He died about 1839.
- Omugabe Mutambuka (qv)
- Prince Rukuta
- Prince Kigamba
23rd Omugabe of Nkore 1839/1873, married (amongst
Kangabo, married (b), Nyaikaru of Bene Rukaari, and
had issue. He died
- Prince Bacwa, married and had issue. He died about
- Prince Rukamisa
- Prince Igumira, married and had issue.
- Omugabe Edward Sulemani Kahaya II (qv)
- Princess Kagaga, born 1894, married Omukama
Mujungu, 8th Omukama of Igara 1901/1914.
- Omugabe Ntare V Rugingiza (qv)
- Prince Bikwatsi
- Prince Rwakarombe
- Prince Rukongyi, married and had issue. He died
- Prince Makumbi, had issue.
- Prince Kahitsi, Regent 1895/1897, married and
- Princess Baananuka, born about 1900.
- Prince Nkuranga, married and had issue.
- Prince Rwakatogoro, born about 1870, married and
- HH Omugabe Sir Charles Godfrey Rutahaba
- Prince Mukwenda (Regent in 1867 or 1873)
- Prince Muhikira
- Prince Gandiga
- Princess Bakarangwire (by Nyakairu), married about
Prince Nyinabujwahire of the Bene Itanza.
Omugabe NTARE V Rugingiza, 24th Omugabe of
1873/1895, married (a), Princess Gwenyounga, daughter
Buremu, Omukama of Kitagwenda, married (b),
Nyamucwangani, and had
issue. He died 1895.
- Prince Kabumbire, died vpsp.
Omugabe Edward Sulemani KAHAYA II, 25th
Nkore 1895/1944, born about 1877, married and had
issue. He died 10th
- Prince Absolom Mirindi, married and had issue.
- Rev. William Muchankumba, Pastor of Katovu
HH Omugabe Sir Charles Godfrey Rutahaba GASYONGA
26th Omugabe of Nkore 1944/1967, born about 1910,
September 1945, married Omugo
Constance Mary Gasyonga, Omwigaripe
of Ankole, and had issue. He died 10th July 1983.
- Prince Edward Kiraaka
- Omugabe [John Patrick Barigye] Rutashijuka Ntare
- Princess Rosemary Kirungyi
INTERREGNUM [8.9.1967] -
HH Nyakusinga Rubambansi [John Patrick Barigye]
Rutasheijuka NTARE VI, 27th Omugabe of Nkore
[14.10.2011] and Head of the Royal Family of Nkore
1983/2011, born 10th
January 1940, crowned 20th November 1993 at
Nkokonjeru, Mbarara, but
soon afterwards nullified by the Ugandan Government on
1993; graduated in economics from Cambridge University
in England in
1962 and has subsequently been ambassador in West
Germany and the
Vatican; patron of the Nkore Trust Foundation; he was
Commander, Order of the Shield and Spears of Buganda
Knight Commander, Order of St. Sylvester of the
Vatican (1969); married
1stly, 8th August 1970 (sep'd. 1984), Omwigarire Elizabeth
Kanyarutoke, she had issue, one son and four
daughters, married 2ndly, 1989 (sep.'d. 2010), Omwigarire Denise
Kwezi (now Queen
Mother), born 1975, and had issue, five sons and four
died 14th October 2011, and was buried 23rd October
The help of John Duncan McMeekin is gratefully
acknowledged, October 2011.
- Princess Caroline Keza Korwizi (by 1st marriage),
25th January 2003 in Rubaga Cathedral at Kampala,
Eamonn Joseph Ryan of
- Prince Charles Rwebishengye Aryaija Ntomi ya
(by 2nd marriage) (qv)
- Prince Alexander Kahaya Siinga (by 2nd marriage)
- Prince Emmanuel Ruhinda Siima (by 2nd marriage)
- Prince Fredrick Jojo Wamala Namara (by 2nd