- Original Score Composed by: Patrick Doyle
- Label: Atlantic
- Online Ordering Options: Amazon.com
I bought this one on a recommendation from a friend, who stated the music was: "Strange, weird . . . you'll love it!". And so it was that I had (do not excuse the pun, it is intended) great expectations for this score. I was glad to see that Patrick Doyle had been given a chance to score something other than a Shakespearian movie, and would allow him to spread his wings.
He didn't and I was disappointed. To be fair, the score is pretty good, but there isn't good enough that I would suggest that it is suitable for roleplaying. There are a few nice pieces -- the first track and the main theme are my favourite -- but overall it is pretty understated.
The music is quite varied, but note quite as weird as I was led to believe. Tori Amos' breathy introduction is about as strange as it gets (maybe because I have heard some pretty weird music in my time).
Overall, I would give this one a miss for roleplaying.
Track Listing and Notes
- Finn (2:54) - magic
- Crossing the Gulf (1:48) - chase
- Paradiso Perduto (2:09) - sad
- Estella's Theme (3:28) - happy/sad
- Ain't Love Grand (0:55) - brewing
- A Walk In The Park (1:21) - relaxed
- I Saw No Shadow Of Another Parting (The Aria) (2:38)
- Kissing In The Rain (3:06) - love
- Joe Leaves (1:38) - quiet
- The Day All My Dreams Came True (1:30) - revelation
- Pyramid Of Pain (2:27) - quiet
- Planes On A Plane (0:46) - discovery
- A Toast (1:24) - quiet
- Benefactor (1:33) - revelation
- Lustig Dies (3:35) - danger
- Paradiso Perduto Revisited (0:44) - magic
- It Was Just My Memory Of It (2:22) - sad
- The Price Of Success (2:03) - hope
- Underfloor (2:42) - in the wind
- Bˇsame Mucho (4:55)
- By The Inch Or By The Hour (2:42)
- The Big Trip (3:30)
Total Running Time: 50:19