Interview with the Vampire
- Original Score Composed by: Elliot Goldenthal
- Label: Geffen
- Online Ordering Options: Amazon.com
A spine chilling soundtrack with both haunting, heart-breaking melodies and dark, brooding rumblings. This soundtrack should only be used for truly dark and spooky adventures or campaigns, and is perfect for terrifying the characters.
It would probably be easiest to use in a fantasy setting, as there are more gouls and such like around, but it would work well in a ghost ship style science fiction adventure. I used the music well in "Blood Wood", a dark setting and the music put the players very much "on edge". The music works well when it is timed to a description, as the music fluctuates quite a lot.
An excellent score well worth having . . .
Track Listing and Notes
- Libera Me (2:46) - evil beyond redemption
- Born to Darkness - Part I (3:04) - longing for . . . death
- Lestat's Tarantella (0:46) - agitated
- Madeleine's Lament (3:04) - when will it all end?
- Claudia's Allegro Agitato (4:45) - fear ~ sadness ~ breathing
- Escape to Paris (3:10) - a challenge to be met
- Marche Funebre (1:50) - a warning
- Lestat's Recitative (3:37) - a very baroque piece
- Santiago's Waltz (0:37) - a waltz is a waltz is a waltz
- Theatre des Vampires (1:18) - doom is upon us
- Armand's Seduction (1:39) - it rots you from the inside out
- Plantation Pyre (1:59) - danger
- Forgotten Lore (0:30) - of times gone by and things lost
- Scent of Death (1:39) - a dark brooding
- Abduction & Absolution (4:42) - fight
- Armand Rescues Louis (2:07) - mixed feelings of love, hate and anger
- Louis' Revenge (2:35) - burning with hatred
- Born to Darkness - Part II (1:11) - as track two, but shorter
- Sympathy for the Devil (7:36) - you have to be kidding, don't you?
Total Running Time: 49:04
The Wanderer's Rest is currently undergoing a major overhaul. If you find any broken links or strange pages please e-mail the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1997 - 2002 David Schibeci
Interview with the Vampire © 1994 Geffen Records Inc.