Stephen E. Jones
My Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Design:
Seven clues to the work of an Intelligent Designer
Here are my "Seven clues to the work of an Intelligent Designer in nature",
(who I personally believe to be the Christian God). I haven't got time to
flesh them out or support them, but I will eventually. This was posted to my
Internet discussion group, CreationEvolutionDesign for debate
- That there is something rather than nothing. The atheists often cite
Occam's Razor as a reason for rejecting Intelligent Design/Creation by
God on the grounds that it is not the simplest explanation. But the simplest
explanation would be that there was nothing!
- That the universe is fine-tuned for life. The atheist is forced to
extraordinary lengths to deny this, e.g an infinite number of universes,
- That our human minds are pre-adapted to understand the underlying
mathematical laws of the universe: "the most incomprehensible thing
about the universe is that it is comprehensible".
- That living things do in fact "give the appearance of having been
designed for a purpose" (Dawkins, 1986).
- That no naturalistic theory of the origin and evolution of life is
- That the vast majority of human beings always have (and still do, even
in advanced Western societies where naturalistic evolution has been
compulsorily taught to the exclusion of Intelligent Design/Creation),
reject fully naturalistic evolution and believe in some form of
- The existence of the Israel, the Bible and Christianity are facts
(indeed among the most important facts of human history) for which there
is no adequate naturalistic explanation.
Copyright © 2003, by Stephen E. Jones. All rights reserved. This page and its contents
may be used for non-commercial purposes only.
If used on the Internet, a link back to my
home page at http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones
would be appreciated.
Created: 6 May, 2003. Updated: 6 May, 2003.