Stephen E. Jones
Phillip E. Johnson: Complete web links: Page #2
[Phillip E. Johnson index page]
Page #2 (this page): [now in reverse date order-most recent uppermost]
Page #1 (previous page):
TALKS by Johnson:
- How Can We Tell Science from Religion?
Paper delivered at the Conference on the Origin of Intelligent Life in the Universe, Sponsored by the
International School of Plasma Physics in Varenna, Italy, July 28-31, 1998. Also: ucsb.edu.
- How to Sink a Battleship: A call to separate
materialist philosophy from empirical science. Final address at the 1996 Mere Creation conference,
in The Real Issue, February 1996
- What (If Anything) Hath God Wrought?: Academic
Freedom and the Religious Professor. Published in the Sept/Oct 1995 issue of Academe, the official journal of
the American Association of University Professors. Also:
leaderu.com & origins.org.
Introduction to Darwinism: Science or Philosophy?: Proceedings of a Symposium entitled, "Darwinism: Scientific
Inference or Philosophical Preference?, January 1993.
- Darwinism's Rules of Reasoning. Delivered at a plenary
session of the Southwestern Anthropological Association in Berkeley, California in April, 1992. Also:
ucsb.edu & apologetics.org.
- Darwinism and Theism. Chapter 4 of
"Darwinism: Science or Philosophy?" A symposium held at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, March 26-28,
- Darwinism's Rules of Reasoning. Chapter
1 of "Darwinism: Science or Philosophy?" Symposium held at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, March 26-28,
- What is Darwinism? Originally delivered as a lecture at
a symposium at Hillsdale College, Michigan, in November 1992. Also: apologetics.org.
- 1992 Fou's Lectures. By Phillip Johnson,
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Revised, February 17, 1992: Part 1: Evolution and Theistic Naturalism;
Part 2: The Blind Watchmaker Thesis;
Part 3: Disestablishing Naturalism
- Audio: The Right Questions
Part 1 & Part 2: American Family Radio, January 10, 2003.
Intelligent Design and Freedom of Thought, &
Question & Answer: Capitol Hill Baptist Church, June 6, 2001.
- Audio: Evolution and Intelligent
Design. Northwest Nazarene University, November 13, 2000. Lambert Dolphin's RealAudio Library.
The Wedge of Truth: How Sharp the Edge? &
Where do we go from Here?: Yale Conference-Science and Evidence for Design in the Universe
November 2-4, 2000.
- Audio: Can the Kansas School Board
Decision Be Defended?; Discussions: Part 1; Part 2;
Evangelical Studies Project, Ethics and Public Policy Center, September 21, 1999.
- Video: Darwinism: Science or
Naturalistic Philosophy?. Debate between William B. Provine and Phillip E. Johnson at Stanford University, April 30, 1994.
- Video: Focus on Darwinism. Interview, 1993.
Darwinism on Trial. Address at University of California, Irvine, 1992.
DEBATES by Johnson
- Should Evolution Be Taught in Schools?
Internet debate between Philip Kitcher and Phillip E. Johnson, Microsoft Slate, August 18, 1999.
- How Did We Get Here? Debate about NOVA's
Odyssey of Life TV program, November-December 1996, with theistic evolutionist Kenneth R. Miller, Professor of
Biology at Brown University. Johnson's messages: 2,
Darwinism: Science or Naturalistic Philosophy? Debate between William B. Provine and Phillip E. Johnson at
Stanford University, April 30, 1994, Origins Research, Vol. 16, No. 1.
- God and Evolution: An Exchange. Debate
with theistic evolutionist Howard Van Till, First Things, June/July 1993. Also: origins.org.
LETTERS/OP-ED by Johnson
Professor Johnson's Reply. To an open
letter drafted by Dr. Massimo Pigliucci concerning the National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT)
decision to change its official statement defining evolution, 1998.
- Honesty Is The Best Policy:
Scientific Naturalism Excludes God From Reality. Op-ed article in The Scientist, Vol. 9, #8, April 17, 1995, p. 12.
- Can 80% of us be dead wrong?Los Angeles Times, August 17, 1993.
- Response to Gould. Vol. 15, No. 1,
Spring/Summer 1993. Response to Gould's July 1992 Scientific American "hatchet job" review of Darwin on
Trial. Also: The Religion of the Blind Watchmaker &
LINKS to other Phillip E. Johnson pages
REVIEWS of Johnson
- Phillip Johnson Steals the
Microphone. Review of Defeating Darwinism by Rick Wade, Probe Ministries, 24 October 2000.
- Science with Baloney Detect Richard
J. Mouw, President, Fuller Theological Seminary, of Defeating Darwinism by Opening Minds in Christianity Today,
December 8, 1997, Vol. 41, No. 14, p48.
- The Berkeley boat-rocker. Review of Reason in the
Balance by Carl Wieland, Answers in Genesis, Creation ex nihilo, Vol 18, No. 1, December 1995-February 1996,
- Staring Down Darwinism. Book Review of Darwin
on Trial by Thomas E. Woodward. A brief review by a Professor of Missions, Evangelism and Science at Trinity
College of Florida, February 5, 2000.
- Darwin on Trial. 1992 review by Raymond Bohlin, Ph.D, Probe
CRITIQUES of Johnson
- An Easy-To-Understand Guide For Defeating Darwinism by
Opening Minds. By James Kidder, Ph.D, Human Palaeontology, University of Tennessee, 1998?
- Review of Phillip Johnson's Defeating
Darwinism by Opening Minds. Review by theistic evolutionist Terry M. Gray, August 28, 1997.
- Naturalistic Fallacy. A review
of Reason in the Balance by Darwinist philosopher Michael Ruse, Reason Magazine, October 1996..
- Darwin on Trial:
A Review, by Eugenie C. Scott, Ph.D., Executive Director, NCSE.
- Darwin on Trial. Johnson on Trial. - Insights from an
outsider. By Gert Korthof. A review by an evolutionist.
- Critiques of Anti-Evolutionist Phillip Johnson's
Views. The Talk.Origins Archive. By evolutionist James Lippard and theistic evolutionist Bill Hamilton.
- An extended review of Phillip E.
Johnson's "Darwin On Trial". By evolutionist Wesley R. Elsberry.
- Impeaching a Self-Appointed Judge
.Review of Darwin on Trial by Stephen Jay Gould, Scientific American, 267(1), July 1992.
- The Mistrial of Evolution: A review
of Phillip E. Johnson's Darwin on Trial by Terry M. Gray, April 1992. A review by a theistic evolutionist.
HIV/AIDS: Johnson's other scientific interest
Copyright © 1999-2007, by Stephen E. Jones. All rights reserved. This page and its
contents may be used for non-commercial purposes only.
If used on the Internet, a link back to my home page at
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones would be appreciated.
Created: 22 August, 1999. Updated: 24 March, 2007.