1. Mars City
- Entering Security Checkpoint from Mars City Hangar is a one way trip.
- Entering Departure Lounge from Security Checkpoint is a one way trip.
- Entering Mars City Underground from the Elevator in Mars City is a one way
- The game starts with a cutscene of you landing on Mars in the transport
"Darkstar" with Counsellor Elliot Swann and Jack Campbell. Read a more
descriptive account of the
- As the Darkstar lifts and hovers above you, casting a dark shadow, you now
have control of your character.
- Approach the Transfer Manifest control panel. Receive Tip (1) on
Interacting With Computers.
- Examine details of the
- Notice the crate marked "Top Secret. 4109. Lvl 6 Security Clearance". You
wonder what's in them. This is the 1st of the 3 classified containers
mentioned in the Transfer Manifest.
- Approach R. Cooper and receive Tip (2) on
Interacting With Characters.
- R. Cooper is near the 2nd classified container. He is reading his PDA and
processing a cargo log. Read what
- Cross the catwalk and hear your first announcement "Welcome to Mars City,
Union Aerospace's premier reaseach facility. To expedite your processing
please procede directly to reception".
- Meet and talk to the burnt out employee M. Caseon sitting on a bench. He's
been through it. Read what
- You can turn left and go down some stairs. Receive Tips (3) on
Interacting With Objects.
- Practice pushing three crates. You can push them over the edge into the
abyss below - the abyss is so deep you don't even hear the crates hit the
- Also on the left is the box marked "SUP8890", one of the shipment bins
on the outbound cargo list. Nearby is the 3rd classified container.
- To the left is another Transfer Manifest control panel. It reads
"Transport 4409 - Outbound. Outbound Cargo List. Data Management". You can
examine details of outbound deliveries just like on the previous console.
However you have the option of deleting the outbound cargo items. You can
delete all but the TS4109 item with the 3 classified containers. When you
attempt to delete it the display reads "Warning: An attempt has been made
to alter a classified shipment. You do not have proper security clearance
to perform this operation".
- Approach the door. Notice on the security panel that this door is "General
Access". Notice a small Mixom sign on lower left of the door. Mixom
appears to be the UAC/Mars equivalent of ACME. You will see their
equipment throughout the game.
- To the right leads to the Security Checkpoint - entering is a one
way trip, you can't return.
- Hear the guy through the window "Welcome to Mars marine. I'm gonna need
you to step on one of those red squares on the floor for a bioscan.
This'll only take a second".
- If you look in the glass at him you will notice over to the right is a
rack with 4 Shotguns and 2 Small Shells. You can't get in that room
though to get them.
- There are 2 red squares on the floor you can stand on either one. Each
square has two monitors Bioscan 01 and 02 for the 1st red square and
Bioscan 03 and 04 for the 2nd red square. Take your pick.
- Hear announcement "Shuttle Delta Tango 14. Prepare for launch".
- If you ignore the guy he will say "It's your time you are wasting here".
- Before the scan the screens read "No current scan target".
- Stand on a red plate for a bioscan as requested. Hear "Ok. Let me get
this started. You're going to need to hold still. Moving around only
makes the test take longer". A red beam moves up and down scanning your
- Examine both the screens during the scan. The left screen reads "Bioscan
01. Subject in place. Scan ready. Scanning underway on Station 02.
Scanning. Sending data to operator. Scan complete". The right screen reads
"Scan ready. Scanning for biological contamination complete ... Starting
cranial scan. Initiating MRI scan. Brain functions appear normal. Scan
complete". You can see a skeletal scan of your body.
- Hear "Alright. Bioscan looks good. You're cleared for entry".
- After passing the bioscan, go through the open doors to the Departure
Lounge - this is a one way trip.
- To your right is a disabled door, an Information Terminal and a
Welcome To Mars Facility One
video disk playing on a screen with "A Message From The UAC". You'll get
your own copy of the video shortly.
- Hear an announcement: "Attention. Director Banks. Please Report to Central
- Approach the locked door on the right. Receive Tip (4) on
Opening Locked Doors. Look at the panel by the door. It reads
"Restricted access. Click to scan A.C.O. access card. Union Aerospace
Mars City Compound. Area Locked". If you click to scan the panel reads "No
card found. Access attempt logged". You will return here soon to download
- Approach the Information Terminal (1) titled "Calendar Of Events" and read
about Safety Awareness Month.
- Receive Tip (5) on
Interacting With Information Terminals.
- There's an upstairs section with a door you will never get to. There is a
hole in the roof showing the establishment is not in the best state of
repair. You can see a security guard walking along balcony and
disappearing out of sight.
- See two pictures (1-2) on the wall:
The changing face picture is a reference to a real event where NASA's
Viking 1 took a shot of a
Face On Mars.
- Mars Delta Labs. Changing the face of Mars.
- Bringing mankind one step closer to HEAVEN.
- Notice a RoboCola drinks machine with some empties on the bench. Also see
the Magazine (1) Guns & Nachos featuring a Machine Gun on the front.
- On the back of the Welcome To Mars City screen is a Transport Schedule.
Notice that the Darkstar on it's return trip has a destination "4409:
Burns Flat, OK - Earth".
- To the left of the entrance you will see a sentry bot approach his resting
place, and power down. Over the bot's head is a pipe blowing steam.
- There is also a locked door to Maintenance. You will visit Maintenance
later. Read the panel "MCS Security door. Lower Levels. Restricted access.
- Observe some Mixom signs on the panels high on the wall.
- Go straight ahead, under the sparks from the faulty wiring and through the
door leading to Mars City Reception.
- You walk in to a cutscene of H. Feiner issuing you with a PDA. Read a more
descriptive account of
Receiving Your PDA.
- Your Personal PDA (1)
has 2 Emails (1-2) and 1 Video Disk (1).
- Receive Tip (6) on Using Your PDA.
- On your PDA read your two emails Welcome Message and
Report to Marine HQ and watch the video
disk Marine Command Briefing.
- You now have a mission to
Perform All Your Duties In A Military Manner and you are assigned
your first objective Report To Marine Command (1).
- You aren't informed by the game that you now also have Security Clearance
Updated to Marine HQ.
- Now you can examine the room. You can hear more of what
- Now go look over shoulder for a laugh to see what is being typed on
H. Feiner's Computer.
- Notice the UAC Field Guide on the desk - H. Feiner's takes his work
- There is a locked door to Reception Processing that won't be accessible
until a later level - Mars City 2. You will see a A.C.O. Keycard that
would be nice to have right now - no such luck, you will have to wait.
There is a guy working furiously away in the corner.
- There is a locked door on your right. You can look through the window and
see a Large Health. There's a scientist monitoring the equipment and
looking at his PDA. You can't get in there now but you can in the later
level Mars City 2.
- Notice the Outgoing Transfers laptop. Notice that "Mark Caseon, Jacob
Kruse, Alexander Pesch" are on their way home. Notice there are also some
classified personnel on their way home too. Read "Security Classified
Personnel - Identity: Encoded: UNIQCAPTPROT". This is apparently a
reference to Uniq and Capt Proton, two handles for members of PlanetDoom's
forums that cracked a couple of encrypted codes contests on UA-Corp.com.
- On the wall behind you is another picture (3) "Mars Delta Labs. Leading
- Pick up and view Video Disk (2)
Welcome To Mars Facility One.
- Receive Tip (7) on Picking Up Items.
- As you head toward the Information Terminal hear an announcement "Mars
City is a smoke free facility. Please smoke only in designated areas.
Thank you for your cooperation".
- Examine the Information Terminal (2) text
Code-Black: Missing Staff.
- Download and read the Code-Black: Missing Staff Email (3)
from the Information Terminal.
- Backtrack to the Departure Lounge and download and read the
Safety Awareness Month Email (4) from
the Information Terminal in that room.
- Returning to Mars City Reception, go straight ahead up the stairs and into
Central Access Junction.
- Meet and hear what A. Chang has to say - pleasant chap.
- Notice someone walking away from you in the next room heading for Command
- Continue into Central Access.
- You arrive just in time to watch a cutscene showing a heated conversation
between Counsellor Elliot Swann and Dr Malcolm Betruger. They are in the
Conference Room through the glass to the left - you won't get there until
the Mars City 2 level. Read of the
Power Struggle Between Betruger And Elliot.
- To the right is a locked door to ACO Access Junction guarded by
J. Yezback. It appears you aren't getting through that door on his
shift. You will get there in a later level Mars City 2. The locked door
cannot be actioned and reads "Security door. Administration. Restricted
- Straight ahead is the Monorail Station doors. The locking device reveals
"Level 1. Mars City, Sub-Level 1. Monorail station". Clicking it returns
"Incorrect security clearance. Access denied". You will never access the
monorail through that door, you will find access to the monorail in the
level Recycling Sector 2, and ride the monorail in the Monorail level.
- If you look up, there is a skylight and you can snatch a peek at the Mars
- If you look into the Conference Room you can see Betruger typing on a
laptop. The details are hard to see from this distance but they are "MCS
Archives. Data File AR-U1 Open. Artifact ID: U1. Discovered in Caverns
archaelogical dig Site 3. Research report filed November 14, 2145.
Download full report". There's an archive photo of the artifact.
- Walk around to the left into Command Access Junction.
- Theres a picture (4) on the right wall "Mars Delta Labs. Superior
- Meet and talk to T. Washington emerging from the Restroom at
- Check out the Restroom - see section below.
- Check out the Common Area - see section below.
- Enter the Marine Command Access.
- Apparently there is a shortage of cleaning staff at the Mars facility
judging by the state of some of the toilets and urinals.
- Notice the urinals, toilets, sink, air dryers - yep, it's a restroom.
- In one of the cubicles you can see 2 Magazines (2-3) on the floor:
- Booty - see a picture of Hunter from Quake 3 Arena on the front
- Game Hog - notice the face of the original Doom marine on the front.
- Return to Command Access Junction.
- The first thing to do is go to the overhead television screen and enjoy
IPN News Network: Your Universe Now! 11/15/2145. It only seems to play
through once so you will need concentrate on it from the start or you will
- While watching the news don't forget to read the scrolling text on the
bottom to find out who who won the
149th Quakecon Games.
- Now examine the room. There's a whiteboard on the left of where you came
in. It has some handwritten scrawl and a hand drawn picture of a gun.
- Notice the Snack machine, Thirsty Burst and RoboCola drinks machines.
Adam E. Berneche's PDA (2) on the counter. Read his 3 Emails
(5-7) and listen to Adam's 1 Audio Log (1). The
Maintenance Update audio log reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 001 is 396. You will go there later.
- You receive Tip (8) on Picking Up PDA's.
- Notice a hamburger on the counter called a "Billy Goat Burger" - yuk! It
pictures a goat with the face in the shape of a pentragram.
- Also on the counter is a magazine (4) UAC Today, featuring Milton's Red
Swingline Stapler from the movie "Office Space". Read more about this
great office icon from
Office Space Stapler Fans.
- Meet and talk to K. Tang who is having a drink, watching the news.
- Talk and listen to M. Marak and
K. Miller who are sitting, discussing the elite
Bravo Team and whining about newbies. Marak scratches himself periodically
while Miller has a repetitive cough.
- Find a new magazine (5) Martian Science along with some magazines you've
already seen, although you'll get a better view of them here than you did
in the john. Notice some familiar pictures on the walls.
- Approach the shutters panel and receive Tip (9) on
The Shutters. The panel reads "Shutters open. Click to close window
seal". Press the button and it reads "Shutters sealed. Click to open
window seal". The shutters lower and the light goes on. Click it again
to get back the nice view of the Mars landscape and skyline.
- Now approach Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3. Hear "Super Turbo Turkey
Puncher 3" blared out at you and see NABCON written on the buttons. Notice
that the game looks like the start of Doom, you will recognise the
marines fists and face and when you splat the turkey, the death scene is
the same as when you have a berzerk in Doom. Play until you reach 25,000
points or more and receive a New High Score! Email (8).
- Return to Command Access Junction.
- Eavesdrop on R. Slang and J. Kim's conversation - they are fixing a converter
over to the right. It appears that all is not well on Mars.
- Read the machine R. Slang is working on: "Pressure Flow Routing. Flow
alignment optimal. No problem reported. Check connectors for final
- Read the Information Terminal screen
Volunteer For Extra Credits.
- Download and read the
Volunteer to earn extra credits Email (9) from the Information
- Around to the left is a locked door to Security Operations that is not
accessible until a later level. Through the windows you can see two guys
sitting typing in separate wings and a third guy walking back and forth
- Overhead you can watch a serveillance bot wander past every so often.
- Theres a box near the railing marked "Meditro Lab Supply. ID: 2281DEL UAC
- Go up the stairs and hear an announcement "Attention Dr Bradock. Please
report to environment management office, 4 alpha".
- Exit through the door to Marine Command.
- Meet and talk to S. Holmes who directs you by pointing right to
Sergeant Kelly in HQ.
- You are a bad ass marine, so go left instead and meet R. Kasal who is
leaning over a computer.
- Look through the windows into the Infirmary Observation Room. A marine is
on a slab, groaning. A security guard is holding him down. A scientist
says "Steady. Hold him down. Ok. He's sedated now" as he administers some
drug into the hapless marine. You will visit that room in a later level.
There's a Large Health in the room you can't get.
- Meet and talk to R. Kasal who is far too busy to talk to you.
- Continue on around the corner, past two disabled doors labelled 245M and
247M and through a third door that opens for you into Marine Headquarters.
- Meet and speak with E. Grafton, a security guard patrolling the area.
- Enter the Combat Preparation room - see section below.
- As you approach the steps you will see V. King receive an incoming video
communication from Delta Labs. "This is Delta Science management. We would
like to request another security team here in Delta". V. King replies "Yes
sir!" and the scientist says "Thank you".
- Read the left computer screen during the transmission: "Connected.
Originating Delta Labs Station 4. Science Lab. Incoming communication.
Connection active. Delta Labs".
- After the communication the screen reads: "Connect. Close. Connnection
Closed. Mars City Comm Station 1. Connection closed".
- The screen on the right reads "Uplink status. All communications routers
active. Transmission sector control. Encrypted data traffic".
- Meet and talk to V. King who is sitting, working on a computer
monitoring incoming communications.
- Meet and talk to K. Lee-Creel who is programming a sentry bot.
- Go through the door and head towards Command HQ Control - see section
below. Notice the wicked chaingun mounted on the ceiling.
- Just before entering Command HQ Control you complete your first objective
Report To Marine Command.
- Open the door to Command HQ Control - see below.
- Collect Video Disk (3)
Series 3 Plasma Gun Briefing.
Try not to drool, you won't be getting this weapon until Alpha Labs Sector
- Receive a repeated tip Picking Up Items.
- Read the door locking panel. "Security access code door. Enter access
code. Weapons storage - locked". You cannot get in there this level.
- Salivate as you look through the window at the untouchable Plasma Gun and
1 Small Plasma Cells on the right. The left rack holds 5 Shotguns, 3 Small
Shells and 5 Small Clips. The middle rack sports Machine Guns, 4 Pistols
and 1 Small Health. Sitting on the right rack is 3 Small Health, 3 Shotgun
Shells and 4 Shotguns. Then above the rack on the left is 3 Combat Armour
and above the rack on the right is 4 Large Health and 4 Grenades. It's
enough to make a marine cry.
- You meet Sergeant Kelly face to face through a cutscene. Read of the
text of the Sergeant Kelly Cutscene.
- Listen to Sergeant Kelly chew your ass and issue you your next mission
Search For The Missing Scientist, and the first objective of that
mission is to Locate Maintenance Entrance (2).
- The sentry bot will follow a predetermined path to Maintenance, but will
stop and come back to get you whenever you deviate from the path. Don't
let it rush you.
- The computer near Sergeant Kelly reads "UAC Base Schematics.
Decommissioned Comm Facilty. Communications stack. Power up detected.
Accessing data loaded".
- Meet and speak with S. L. Medley who is seated at a computer.
- Meet and speak with D. Morton who is standing, examining his PDA.
- Get a view outside the facility of the Mars landscape. Examine the
computer Between Medley and Morton. It reads "Orbital Insertion Lane.
Monitoring active traffic. No current inbound targets scheduled. UAC
transport 4409 successfully landed at 06:18 MC Hangar 3. Departure
scheduled for 18:55. Next scheduled insertion - 11/22 06:00 Supply
dropship 4315 inbound from lunar 1".
- An overhead monitor reads "Wide area scanning - full sweep. Data log
active - automated scan running". Both the western and eastern hemispheres
are under examination.
- The monitor to the right of the entrance reads "Satellite tracker -
Eastern Hem - live feed from HLO-SAT 7. W-SAT 1 Meteorological data
collection. SAT-COM 4 Deep space communication relay".
- Follow your bot back the way you came.
- The bot leads the way. Not much has changed as you basically backtrack
through previously explored area.
- Have another chat to S. Holmes in Marine Command as you pass him by.
- Hear an announcement "Attention UAC personnel. Interested in earning more
credits? Volunteer at Delta Labs today. See your service branch director
for more details".
- In Marine Command Access, overhear
R. Slang and
J. Kim gossiping again as they continue to work on that fiendishly
- When you reach Central Access Junction you will hear an announcement "The
UAC cares about the quality of life of its employees. Please take
advantage of our quality medical care services".
- In Mars City Reception you will get curt words from
- The bot leads you back to the Departure Lounge and through a previously
locked door into Maintenance.
- Entering Maintenance completes the
Locate Maintenance Entrance
- Your bot settles down in his destination and powers down passively.
- Go down the stairs. Notice 2 security crates. Under the stairs are
two pairs of monitors each with the same readings. One reads "Sci
Station - Monitoring. EPR Beam Stability monitor. Monitor active. Signal
stable". The second reads "Science Station - Scan. Scanning output
fluctuations. Scanning active. Analyzing Data".
- Head up the steps to the right, over to Storage Locker 001. Receive Tip
Opening Adam Berneche's Cabinet.
- Enter the code 396 as heard in
Maintenance Update audio log. Obtain your first 2
- Notice a raised ladder below a trapdoor above you and a trapdoor,
currently shut - you will get there in the Mars City 2 level.
- Head over to the door to the Elevator. The panel reads "Level 2 Mars City.
Level 1 Service Passage. Call". Click it and enter the lift.
- Click the panel in the lift to exit Mars City to Mars City Underground.
This is a one way trip. You do return to Mars City but the level will be
different with new areas will be accessible and old ones denied.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 0
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 0
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 2
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 0
- Large Shell - 0
- Small Clip - 0
- Large Clip - 0
- Ammo Belt - 0
- Small Plasma Cell - 0
- Large Plasma Cell - 0
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 0
- Armour Shard - 0
- Small Health - 0
- Large Health - 0
- Emergency Medical Station - 0
- PDA - 2
- Email - 9
- Audio Log - 1
- Video Disk - 3
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 0
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 1
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 1
- Security Clearance Updates - 0
- Objectives - 2
- Characters - 21 (2 non interactive)
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 0
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 0
- Z-Sector Guard - 0
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0