2. Mars City Underground
- Entering the Underground Garage from Airlock MC-2A after visiting the Old
Comm Building and Dr Ishii is a one way trip - i.e. you cannot return to
the Mars Surface or the Old Comm Building.
- Entering Mars City 2 from the Underground Access in Mars City Underground
is a one way trip.
- Welcome to the dungeon marine! Listen to
behind the glass. Experience a sense of relief when he remotely opens a
storage locker and instructs you to put on your combat gear. At last!
- Collect 1
Flashlight (1), 1
Pistol (1), 2 Small Bullets (1-2), 1 Small Health (1) and 1
Combat Armour (1).
- Notice the juicy equipment in the other storage locker - don't worry it
too will be yours at the end of the level.
- You are assigned the objective
Reach Old Comm Building (1).
- To the left in the corner near the pipes are some ropes. If you jump just
right you can stand on a rope and then jump up to a ledge and collect 2
Armour Shards (1-2).
- Notice the Magazine (1)
Favor behind the glass on the console.
- Exit through the door to Underground Junction. The door locks behind you
but you will return there at the end of the level.
- There is locked door to Underground Security  just to your right, you
will get there at the end of the level. The panel reads "Security Office.
Restricted access. Click to access. Locked". Clicking generates "Access
denied. Area secured through Security Office".
- Over to the left in the distance you can see a separate section with a
large crane, you will go there shortly.
- Follow the catwalk to the right and meet and talk to
at the 1st of 3 Remote Crane Access consoles. You can kill him and collect
Daniel M. Young's PDA (1). It contains 1 Email (1).
- You can move the suspended load via the console to two positions 0 or 90
degrees using the two arrow keys, the purpose of this will soon be
- The console reads "Sensor Scan Report. Generating report. Lateral motor 1
- pass. Lateral motor 2 - pass. Lift motor - service. Drive shaft - pass.
Base mount - pass. Platform mount - pass. Report finished".
- Follow the catwalk down to the door below.
- Turn left and notice the 1 Large Health (1) on the ledge over the railing.
- Also notice the rope extending across the gap over to the base of the
crane. Walk on the rope to the crane and jump up and over the railing onto
- There is a locked door to MCU Storage that you can't enter due to
restricted access - you get there later.
- In the corner on the crates is an Armour Shard (3).
- At the 2nd Remote Crane Access console, click on "Recall Crane To
Operator Load Position" if required, then climb the ladder up to the top
and collect 2 Armour Shard's (4-5) and 1 Small Shells (1).
- Return across the rope and enter Maintenance Area CS1.
C. Rodgers and hear his mysterious words.
- Crawl under the stairs for 2 Armour Shards (6-7).
- Climb on the two boxes, edge right and jump onto the pipes and then jump
over to the 4 Armour Shards (8-11) on top of the machine C. Rodger's is
- Exit to the Convergence Chamber 1.
- Notice one of the monitors reads "Peak Temp. Coolant Level 550 GPT".
- Exit to Energy Stabilization Unit.
R. Fry talking to Scotty who isn't in sight - he's in an alcove
fixing a coupling.
- Walk around and meet R. Fry who is peering into the alcove supervising
Scotty. The alcove is too small for you to crawl into.
Grant F. Baston's PDA (2) sitting on a crate with his lunchbag.
Notice several mice scurry away as you approach. Grant's PDA contains 2
Emails (2-3) and 1 Audio Log (1). Grant's
UPDATED SECURITY CODE email reveals
the code to unlock the nearby Storage Locker 023 is 531.
- Receive Tip (1)
PDA's Contain Useful Information.
- Key in the code 531 and collect 1 Small Shells (2), 3 Armour Shards
(12-14) and 1 Small Health (2).
- Exit through the door to Convergence Chamber 2.
- Exit to Energy Processing .
- Check out the fancy machines and monitors. There are two mechanical arms
coming out, each spinning a plasma capsule.
- Overhear a scientist and maintenance man arguing on the other side of the
glass. The scientist says "Can you maintenance guys not keep any of these
machines running"? The maintenance guys replies "Yes Sir, it's just that
the science team demands a lot out of these things". "Enough excuses, just
do your job and give the science team what they need". "Well, I'm doing
everything, but I just can't explain some of the things that have been
happening to the systems". "Just get it done".
- The door on the right to Energy Processing  is locked with a "Panel
Error - Check Connection" message - you will get there later.
- At the corner you can jump over the railing and duck under the walkway and
collect 6 Armour Shards (15-20).
- Exit the door to Energy Delivery.
- Meet and speak to I. Sinclair at the Filtration Routing System
console. He is confused by unseen affects in the equipment.
- The door you seen in the distance you will get to later. The 2 doors
behind a railing on the right is also accessible later.
- You can go down a ladder to the area below where the two centrifuges
- In the near corner find 2 Armour Shards (21-22) and 1 Small Bullets (3).
- In the far corner find 2 Armour Shards (23-24) and 1 Small Health (3).
- Climb back up the latter and exit through the door to the Maintenance Area
- The lights go out as you enter. Receive a Tip (2) to
Use Your Flashlight.
- Follow the path down the stairs to the bottom until the lights go back on.
- No go back and look over the railing. You can see a pipe that you can get
on by jumping on the railing and gently drop off onto the pipe. You can
now move along the pipe and duck under the stairs for 1 Small Shells (3)
and 2 Armour Shards (25-26).
- Now climb back up to the path and exit through the Underground Garage.
- Walk down the stairs and find 1 Pistol (1) and 1 Small Health (4)
on crates at the bottom.
- Meet and speak to M. Ryan. He describes to you how the airlocks work.
You can kill him and take Mark B. Ryan's PDA (3) which contains 1
- Press the button to open and then enter the Airlock MC-2A.
- Click the Cycle Airlock button to open the door to Mars Surface.
- You need to be fairly prompt in this area as your oxygen is being
depleted. There is an Air Canister (1) on the bridge in front of you.
- Around to the left is the quickest way to the other side but it is devoid
- Do a right wall hug instead, running all the way. Along the way you will
pick up 1 Air Canister (2), 1 Adrenaline (1) and 1 Armour Shard (27) in quick
succession, then further on after jumping up an incline, at the top you
will obtain 1
Large Clips (1), 1 Air Canister (3) and 2 Armour Shards (28-29).
- Now race for the exit and hit the Cycle Airlock button to get inside
- Quickly hit the Cycle Airlock button to repressurise to human limits and
open the door to Old Comm Storage.
- Collect the 1 Small Health (5) on the floor.
- Climb onto the crates and onto the high shelf to 4 Armour Shards (30-33),
1 Small Health (6) and to another 1 Armour (34) behind two crates.
- When you approach the lift door you receive your first Incoming
Communication (1) - Double Time It. Sergeant Kelly is again
likening your pace to the turtle rather than the hare.
- Open the lift door to Old Comm Engineering and enter.
- Look at the panel - there are 10 advertisments that cycle:
- MG-88 enforcer, serious power.
- Interplanetary cargo delivery. Not just fast, it's EXE fast.
- Meditro Lab supplies.
- Gressen gravity generator.
- Union Areospace, mkaes it possible. Leading the way to a better
- Central communications report. Remember to scan all earthbound data
files. All data files must be received by 13:30 MST.
- Thirsty Burst. Catch the burst.
- Need extra UAC credits, become a Delta Labs volunteer.
- Union Aerospace military division, planetary domination.
- Biometric ID: Security is paramount. Newer share access i.d.
- Hit 2-Communications to raise the lift to that floor. Then hit the button
again to open the lift door.
- Exit the lift to complete the objective
Reach Old Comm Building.
- Follow the path up the stair, and along the walkway with hissing pipes and
discarded cable across the floor to a door. Entering this door to Old
Comm Main is a one way trip. Put on your brown trousers and go on in ...
- Listen to Dr Ishii, he is rather disturbed about something. Around you,
literally all hell breaks loose. This completes the
Search For The Missing Scientist mission.
- Several things are happening all at once. Over the intercom you are
hearing horrible sounds of soldiers in panic and screaming. Read more
details of the Dr Ishii Cutscene.
- Kill the Zombie
- Hear an Incoming Communication (2) -
We're Under Attack.
- The door you came in is actually locked until a
Z-Sector Guard (1) first bangs on it a few times and then opens the
door and comes in. Take care of him relieving him of his 1 Small Bullets
- Sergeant Kelly comes through and assigns you a new mission to
Return To Mars City with the first objective being to return
Back To Security Checkpoint (2).
- Click the Orbital Communications Terminal for a grizzly scene before the
signal goes dead.
- Collect 1 Small Bullets (5) and 1 Small Health (7) by the main console.
- Find 1 Small Bullets (6) at another console in the room.
- Another Zombie (2) wanders in. Put it out of its misery.
- There is a disabled door that you cannot get through, you have to return
the way you came, back through Old Comm Engineering.
- Hear the demonic laughs. Steam fire is escaping from a ruptured pipe.
- You can drop down to the lower section through the broken railing. Don't
pass too close to the steam or you will take damage.
- Open the elevator doors, push Surface Access and exit to Old Comm Storage.
- Exit the elevator to sparks and debris - the floor has broken up.
- Overhear on the intercom that Bravo Team is down, civilians are injured
and the enemy are coming through the walls - not a healthy scene.
- Make your way back to Airlock CT-1C. In an Incoming Communication (3),
Sergeant Kelly asks for Sit. Ref.'s. Head out to the Mars Surface and into
Airlock MC-2A, nothing has changed in these areas. Hitting the Cycle
Airlock to the Underground Garage is a one way trip - you can't go back
to the Mars Surface again.
- A Lost Soul flies right past you disabling the Cycle Airlock function.
- In front of you is a Zombie dragging a dead marine - kill the Zombie (3).
- Exit to Maintenance Area PD1.
- Kill the Zombie (4) that comes at you swinging a wrench.
- Negotiate the broken stairs.
- Enter Energy Delivery.
- Take care of the approaching Zombie (5).
- The door to Energy Processing  is jammed! An enemy hand comes through
a crack in the door and tries to reach you - you will need to find another
way to get there.
- Approach the Filtration Routing System console. Receive Tip (3) on
Using Control Panels.
- Extend The Service Bridge. Hear "Warning. Filtration arm in motion. Bridge
extension in 7 seconds". A catwalk forms that leads to the door on the
other side of the room.
- A scientist comes through one door on the walkway to your right, screams
"I don't want to die" and in a panic races through another door.
- Another Incoming Communication from Sergeant Kelly "Marine. This is Marine
HQ. Report directly. Goto marine headquarters and await further orders".
- Halfway across the catwalk a Z-Sector Guard (2) appears from an alcove.
Fix his little red wagon and take his 1 Small Bullets (7).
- In the alcove collect 1 Small Bullets (8), 3 Armour Shards (34-36), 1
Small Health (8).
- Open the door to Energy Processing .
- A Lost Soul appears and converts someone to a Z-Sector Guard (3) - kill it
and recover 1 Small Bullets (9).
- There is a security door on the right that you don't yet have access to.
- A Lost Sould appears as you creep down the stairs and flies into a tunnel.
- A Zombie (6) slides out of the tunnel - waste him.
- Collect 1 Small Bullets (10) near the computers and
Frank A. Delahue's PDA (4), resulting in a Security Clearance Update
(1). Frank's PDA contains 2 Emails (5-6) and 2 Audio Logs (2-3). The Audio
Log Fire Blast Precautions reveals that the
Failure Code for Operations Terminal is 842.
- You can climb up the angled pipe and duck in to collect 4 Armour Shards
(37-40) and 1 Small Health (9).
- Stand on the computer console and take a running jump onto the ledge with
several goodies on it - find 3 Armour Shards (41-43), 1 Small Health (10).
- Duck under the pipe for 1 Small Bullets (11).
- The next part is tricky. By standing on the edge of the ledge, you can
jump over and collect 2 Armour Shards (44-45) sitting on top of the
machine in the corner.
- Notice the panel on the filtration system. It reads "Plasma filtration
system. Collection grid".
- Now exit through the security door you can now pass through to Energy
- When you enter the room, look up at a scientist screaming "Help, Please
someone help". Shoot the Zombie (7) attacking him. The scientist says
"Thank you, I'm getting out of here" and disappears through a door.
- Kill the Zombie (8) around the corner to the right and retrieve 2 Armour
Shards (46-47) in the corner by a crate.
- Exit through the doors to EP Aerobic Stabilizer .
- You see some pistons pumping through the caged floor. One panel is open,
don't fall in.
- On your right over the railing is a large platform with a crate of items.
Ooh! Is that a shotgun? Collecting the items on the crate triggers the
platform to lower into a pit, revealing 3 Zombies (9-11) - take care of
them with the gentle, loving care.
- There are several items on the crate - the Shotgun (1), 1 Small Shells (4), Combat Armour (2).
- On the floor are 2 Armour Shards (48-49) in front of the crate, and 1
Small Bullets (12) and 2 Armour Shards (50-51) behind the crate.
- In one corner find 1 Small Health (11).
- In another corner discover 1 Armour Shard (52) and 1 Small Health (12).
- There is ladder on the wall you can use to exit the pit.
- Exit the room through the door to EP Control Unit.
- Notice the slime dripping from the ceiling and the body hanging limp over
the ledge. The cadaver falls when you walk up to collect 4 Armour Shards
(53-56) and 1 Small Shells (5). The light goes out.
- Walk up the stairs and 3 more sets of lights go out and the door you came
in by locks. It will open again when you polish off the 2 imps to come a
couple of rooms from here.
- A Lost Soul appears and flies past you and up through the roof. Kill the
approaching Zombie (12).
- A Z-Sector Guard (4) appears, kill him and relieve him of his 1 Small
- Kill another Zombie (13).
- At the next set of stairs, drop down the left side and duck under the
walkway. Find 1 Small Shells (7) and 1 Small Health (13). Climb the ladder
to get out of the pit.
- Find 1 Small Shells (8) and 1 Small Health (14) near a crate on the right.
- The left leads to two monitors. A Zombie (14) appears from an alcove, show
him his destiny. Find 1 Small Shells (9) in the alcove.
- Kill another Zombie (15) approaching from the front.
- Find 1 Small Shells (10) and 2 Small Bullets (13-14) on some shelves.
- On the wall to the right of the exit you find your first
Emergency Medical Station (1) with
100 Health. The station reads "Emergency Medical Station. Administer
treatment. Injection charges 100. Stations are for temporary treatment
only. Activation is logged for medical followup. Station ID: 219 - UAC
- Exit the room to the EP Aerobic Stabilizer .
- To your left is flame spouting from a pipe, in front of you through the
glass you have an aerial view into EP Aerobic Stabilizer  below. There
is a door to your right.
- You can't get past the flames without taking substantial damage.
Fortunately there is a way to disable the flames. After you do this (see
next room) you can go past the ruptured pipe and on a computer console
and collect 1 Large Health (2), 4 Armour Shards (57-60) and 1 Small Shells
- If you look up above the spouting steam pipe you can see several ropes.
- Head for the exit to Energy Processing . As you open the doors a cut
scene takes place, starring Doom 3's first Imp emerging from a vent near
the steam pipe. Kill the Imp (1).
- Exit to Energy Processing .
- Move into the room beneath the pistons and kill the oncoming Imp (2) and
- There are 3 valve terminals in the room, the 1st and 3rd are special.
- At Valve 1 Terminal enter the code 842 obtained from Frank Delahue's
Fire Blast Precautions Audio Log.
This disables the flame emerging from the steam valve in EP Aerobic
Stabilizer . Go back there and collect your goodies now it is safe.
- At Valve 3 Terminal click to Unlock The Hatch. Turn right and notice the
broken railing in front of you. Jump on the railing, then duck and get
onto the pipe and follow it to the hatch that opens, leading to Energy
Processing  - see description below.
- After returning to the catwalk with the 3 monitors, continue forward and
down the stairs. At the bottom you trigger an Imp (3) and a Zombie (17).
- Collect 2 Armour Shards (61-62), 1 Small Health (15).
- In the corner discover 1 Small Shells (12) and 1 Armour Shard (63)
- Near the door is 1 Combat Armour (3) and 1 Small Health (16).
- Exit through the doors to a familar room Energy Delivery - see below.
- You are actually in the vents above Energy Processing .
- Find 1
Large Shells (1) and 1 Small Health (17).
- Exit back to Energy Processing .
- You appear on the ledge overlooking the section below that you spent some
time in earlier.
- Go straight through the next door to Energy Processing .
- Pick up 1 Small Shells (13) on the left.
- Notice the Emergency Medical Station (2) with 50 Health.
- Pick up the 1 Small Bullets (15) on the machine on the right.
- Now go downstairs and take out the Imp (4) that appears and the Zombie
(18) further on.
- Exit to Energy Processing , you've finally wrapped back to a familar
room at last.
- Exit To convergence Chamber 2.
- Exit to Energy Stabilization Unit, killing the Imp (5) that jumps you when
you open the door.
- Move into the room, turn around and kill the approaching Z-Sector Guard
(5) and generously relieve him of his 1 Small Shells (14).
- Move toward the vent where Scotty was working - hear Scotty's dying words
"Oh no, no, Jesus Christ no, arghhh" as an Imp (6) emerges from the vent -
whisper sweet nothing in it's ear.
- Sergeant Kelly comes in over the intercom with the reassuring news that
We Don't Know What We're Up Against.
- Exit to Convergence Chamber 1.
- There's a body suspended from the ceiling - this is not good. Overhear a
pleading whisper "Help me".
- Exit to Maintenance Area CS1.
- Pulverise the Imp (7) that comes from under the stairs.
- Avoid the flames from the burst pipe.
- Exit to Underground Junction.
- Kill the Imp (8) that climbs up over the railing.
- Watch out as the load suspended from the crane comes crashing down as you
get close underneath.
- The intercom crackles with more incoming
Bad News From Bravo Team.
- Kill the Imp (9) appears from Underground Security  - this door was
formerly locked but now you have clearance. Go in.
- Kill the Z-Sector Guard (6) that animates as you near the consoles and
collect the 1 Small Shells (15).
- Collect 4 Armour Shards (64-67) nearby.
- It's good to see the Emergency Medical Station (3) with 100 Health.
- Collect 1 Small Shells (16) on the other console.
- Approach the Security Terminal. Click on "Security Check Point Locked" to
unlock it. Watch the Imp scurrying up the window in front of you. You will
meet him in due course.
- Click on "Mars City Sublevel Access". There are several locations but only
two that you can access. Access "Entrance Lockers" and open "Locker 1".
This opens the marvellous locker of goodies you saw at the start of the
- Now press Maintenance Access and unlock "Storage". This unlocks the door
in the section with the crane.
- Exit to the Underground Junction.
- Destroy the Z-Sector Guard (7), removing his 1 Small Shells (17).
- Now make your way downstairs and walk the line across the rope over to the
base of the crane again.
- Jump onto the ledge and enter MCU Storage.
- Find 2 Armour Shards (68-69) on crates.
- Find an Emergency Medical Station (4) with 80 Health.
- On the shelves find 1 Small Bullets (16) and 2
Small Plasma Cells (1-2).
- Now return all the way back to the start, entering Underground Security
- Upon entering you complete the objective
Back To Security Checkpoint.
- There's an incoming communication from Sergeant Kelly: "All units. This is
Sergeant Kelly. Fall back to Marine HQ and wait for further orders".
- Approach the newly open storage bin and collect 1
2 Small Clips (1-2) and 2 Small Shells (18-19).
- Kill the Imp (10) that puts in an appearance.
- Open the level doors and kill the Z-Sector Guard (8) that appears and take
his 1 Small Bullets (17).
- Enter Underground Access.
- Click to Exit Comm Transfer back to a very different Mars City - In fact
the area is named Mars City 2.
- Clicking also completes the Return To Mars City mission although you
aren't informed of this.
- New Weapons
- Machine Gun
- New Enemies
- Z-Sector Guard - Pistol
- Z-Sector Guard - Shotgun
- Pistol - 1
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 0
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 0
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 17
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 19
- Large Shell - 1
- Small Clip - 2
- Large Clip - 1
- Ammo Belt - 0
- Small Plasma Cell - 2
- Large Plasma Cell - 0
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 3
- Armour Shard - 69
- Small Health - 17
- Large Health - 2
- Emergency Medical Station - 4
- PDA - 4
- Email - 6
- Audio Log - 3
- Video Disk - 0
- Air Canister - 3
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 1
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 1
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 2
- Security Clearance Updates - 1
- Objectives - 2
- Characters - 6
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 10
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubu - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 18
- Z-Sector Guard - 8
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0