- Entering Alpha Labs Sector 1 from the Transfer Bay in Administration is a
one way trip.
- Enjoy the cutscene. Dr Malcolm Betruger and Counsellor Elliot Swann are
having another argument over who is in charge - read about
O.K. Plan B.
- Kill the Z-Sector Guard (1) who is making a nuisance of himself through
door to the left, take his 1 Small Bullets (1).
- There are 2 Armour Shards (1-2) and 1 Large Health (1) on the chair beside
you on the left - you'll be grateful they are there later.
- There are 1 Small Clips (1) on the floor next to the reception desk in
front of you.
- Notice the jammed door on the right to Lower Hallway - that section will
open up later.
- Straight ahead is a restricted access door to Executive Office
Access  - hear the zombie inside.
- Approach the video display and enjoy more UAC marketing - you'll get the
video disk soon.
- There is 1 Large Health (2) near the two computers.
- Head for the steps and bitch slap the Zombie (1) that gets to his feet off
- To the right duck in to collect 1 Small Shells (1) and 1 Small Clips (2).
- Enter Alpha Labs Hallway through the door.
- There is a nasty hissing sound. Move forward as a vent falls and triggers
an Imp (1), quickly followed by 2 Z-Sector Guards (2-3) who leave behind 2
Small Clips (3-4) when they are laid to rest.
- Pass the crate and open the door to the inner office. Shut up the Zombie
(2) around the corner to the right guarding 5 Armour Shards (3-7) and 2
Small Shells (2).
- Observe the Emergency Medical Station (1) with 100 Health near the door.
Alan E. Dorweiler's PDA (1) that contains 3 Emails (1-3). The email
titled Armaments in the cabinet reveals
that the code to Storage Locker 013 is 586.
- The email titled Lightspeed Pharmacy reveals a real life
www.martianbuddy.com to go to for details . If you actually visit this
real life url you will be told "If you are the recipient of one of our
promotional award cabinets, try the code 0508 to see if you've won". You
will find 2 lockers later in the game that can be opened with this code.
- Don't forget to swipe Video Disk (1) titled
Alpha Labs Introduction near the Data
- Approach Storage Locker 013 and key in the new acquired code 586. Collect
the 1 Small Clips (5), 1 Small Shells (3), 1 Combat Armour (1) and
- There is a security door to Network Access that you don't have access to
- The Data Control monitor looks interesting but is not actionable.
- Exit the inner office and find a 1 Combat Armour (2) in the corner on the
way to the next room.
- Enter Alpha Labs Processing through the door.
- You are greeted by a Imp (2) - blow his head off.
- In what follow you need to be quick. Edge around the left until you can
line up an imp through the windows into a room with machinery. The imp is
scripted to take a shot at you and then walk away around a corner and to
disappear. Kill the Imp (3) moving forward. If you aren't fast he will get
- After the imp drops, race around the corner to the right and kill a Fat
Zombie (3) in the next room who is scripted to throw a barrel at you from
the balcony above and to walk through a nearby door. Again you need to be
quick to get him.
- Jump through one of the windows to the sound of breaking glass into the
room with machinery.
- You will find 2 Large Health (3-4) and 1 Backpack (1) stuffed full of grenades, clips, shells
and armour (in what quantities ???).
- There are two disabled doors to nowhere in the room so you can't procede
- Return through the broken windows and enter the large room with a
balcony. You'll get up on the balcony later and be able to pass through
doors at either end.
- Find 1 Small Shells (4) by a crate.
- Head for the huge door and meet E. Webb and take the 1 Small Shells (5)
at his feet. Things didn't turn out too well for E. Webb and he dies after
speaking to you three times. He tells you that all the teams are separated
and isolated - not good.
- Try to access the large security door to Transfer Bay and get assigned the
objective Obtain Security Clearance (1). You
need to locate William Banks' PDA.
- It's time to return the way you came with some slight changes along the
way. Head back to Alpha Labs Hallway.
- You are greeted by an Imp (4) - help him meet his maker.
- A vent falls out just near the door to the Administration Lobby. Enter.
- Behold the sight of 2 Imps (5-6) that burst through the jammed door to
the Lower Hallway, make the feel welcome.
- Enter the Lower Hallway.
- Walk until the lights go out. Back up and kill the 2 Imps (7-8) that come
- Find 1 Small Clips (6) on the floor and 1 Large Health (5) in a corner
near some chairs.
- There's a balcony above you accessible later.
- Enter the Video Phone Conference Room.
- Dispense with the Z-Sector Guard (4) hording 1 Small Clips (7).
- Further on take out another Z-Sector Guard (5) holding onto 1 Small Shells
- Enter the inner conference room. This is the room where you overheard
Counsellor Swann and Dr Betruger at the start of the level.
- There is 1 Large Health (6) on a bench.
- When you collect the 2 Small Clips (8-9) an Imp (9) is triggered in the
hallway - take care of him.
- Notice the suitcase embossed with "Property of the UAC. Delta Weapons
Model BFG 9000".
- Exit the inner room and make your way through the doors into the Data
- Do a reconnaisance of the large room. There is a balcony on the left
accessible later and a dead guy on the floor.
- In front of you is a remotely locked door leading to the North Hallway.
You can't go there yet.
- There's an inner office over to the right, you can see through the glass.
- Enter the inner office through the door.
- Take 1 Large Health (7) and 1 Small Shells (7) on the table.
- Find 2 Armour Shards (8-9) below the broken monitor.
- Approach the Security Terminal. The screen indicates that the Access Doors
1 and 2 are sealed. There's a Security Override so press it.
- A cutscene takes over. Introducing Pink Demon ... Pinky wants a piece of
you and he wants it now. He tears down a railing on the balcony, leaps
down to the floor and attempts to break through the door, denting it
beyond use and when that fails he comes crashing through the window. Good
Doggy! Kill poor little Pinky Demon (1).
- Pinky is backed up by an imp coming through from the North Hallway,
destroy the Imp (10) and enter the North Hallway.
- Head up the stairs and around the corner. It's your lucky day, a wall
lowers at the end and another Pinky Demon (2) appears within minutes of
the first one - lay it to rest.
- Drop the 1 Z-Sector Guard (6) and take the 1 Small Bullets (2) left behind.
- As you procede forward again a wall behind you lowers revealing an Imp
(11) in all his glory. Find 2 Small Clips (10-11) and 1 Small Shells (8)
that it had stashed in its hiddie hole.
- To the left after the steam pipe trigger a Zombie (4).
- In the alcove straight ahead are 7 Armour Shards (10-16) that Pinky had
been sitting on.
- Now enter the area to the right. In the office you will find 1 Large
Health (8) and Jonathan A. Moses's PDA (2). It contains 3
Emails (4-6). Jonathan was very excited by the arrival of his free
promotional storage cabinet from martianbuddy.com.
- Head over the Free Stuff Martian Buddy Locker and
enter the code 0508 as discovered via the clues in Alan Dorweiler's
- Drool at the sight and snap up the Chain Gun (1), 1 Ammo Belt (1) and 1 Combat Armour (3).
- Continue along the path up the stairs and out briefly onto the balcony of
the Data Library.
- Sergeant Kelly comes over the intercom with "Marine, Bravo Team report
there's some sort of unidentified growth taking over the base. I don't
know what it is but it can't be good. Stay sharp".
- Enter Executive Office Access .
- Pass the steam pipe and go around the corner toward the door. Recognise
the lower Hallway below.
- Collect Combat Armour (4) and 1 Small Shells (9) on a crate before
entering Executive Offices .
- As you round the corner a wall lowers and reveals an Imp (12). Take the 1
Small Clips (12) beside him.
- Momentarily avoid the door on the right. First go downstairs, passing a
body and cosh the approaching Zombie (5) over the head.
- Find 3 Armour Shards (17-19) on the floor at the base of the stairs.
- Go back upstairs and enter the Executive Office Access .
- Counsellor Swann and Jack Campbell can be seen through the glass below.
You overhear them talking "It isn't working. I've tried everything. The
computers aren't responding. I can't get root access to the systems. We
can't do it here. We'll have to access the system somewhere else. Alright,
let's go". They run out of the room.
- If you jump on the right window you can see a PDA and other goodies in
the Global Network Terminal room below - you'll go there in due course.
- Open the doors to the Executive Offices.
- Kill the Zombie (6) coming from the right.
- Around to the left kill the Z-Sector Guard (7) who leaves behind 1 Small
- In the dark around to the left is an alcove with 1 Combat Armour (5).
- Hear the eerie music.
- Now go around to the right and enter William Banks' Office 131 - The
Director of Operations.
- Find 1 Small Shells (10), 1 Small Clips (13), 1 Large Health (9) near the
- You can climb the pile of junk in the corner and look above the ceiling at
the rafters - there doesn't seem to be anything up there.
- Exit William Banks' Office and head toward the room where the eerie sounds
are emanating. Hear a voice say "Save Me".
- Examine the display beside the door - you are at the Administrative Office
132 of Malcolm Betruger. The display flickers, showing a pentagram and a
UAC logo. The words "I Will Kill You" alternate with "Administrative
- Enter the open door to the room with candles and a pentagram on the floor.
Two bodies are lying there. Wicked weed is slithering around.
William L. Banks's PDA (3) beside his body in the pentagram. It
contains 3 Emails (7-9) and 2 Audio Logs (1-2). In the horror that follows
you may fail to notice that you receive a Security Clearance Update to
Alpha Labs (1)
message. This will enable you to open the bay doors at the end of the
- Kill the 2 Imps (13-14) that have teleported in. Hear the demonic
- Move out of Malcolm Betruger's room and kill another teleporting Imp
- It is time to retrace your steps all the way back the way you came in,
ending up in the inner office of the Alpha Labs Hallway. Don't take the
shortcut straight out and down the stairs to the Adminstration Lobby or
you will miss an enemy. Along the way the following enemies teleport in:
- An Imp (16) in Executive Office Access .
- A Pinky Demon (3) in the Data Library.
- An Imp (17) in Alpha Labs Hallway just after the lights go out
- 2 Z-Sector Guards (8-9) in Alpha Labs Hallway, one wearing 1 Small
Shells (11) and the other toting 1 Small Bullets (4).
- Briefly walk past the inner office in Alpha Labs Hallway to trigger
and dispense with yet another Imp (18).
- Finally, from the inner office of Alpha Labs Hallway, click the Security
Panel to unlock the door and enter Network Access.
- Follow the path until it branches to a ladder and a door.
- On the left are 1 Large Health (10) and 1 Small Clips (14) on a shelf.
- Enter through the door to the Global Network Terminal.
- Find a comfy Combat Armour (6) in an alcove to the left.
- On the left desk snatch 1 Large Shells (1).
- Approaching the PDA triggers an Imp (19) outside - show it the pain.
- Collect the Grenades (2) near the PDA.
Paul M. Simons's PDA (4). It contains 2 Emails (10-11)
and 1 Audio Log (3).
- Approach the computer displaying "Network Connection Failed" and click
"Network Login". You will get a "Connection Error" and the login is
aborted. You have no better luck than Swann and Campbell.
- Exit the room and climb the ladder to Processing Access.
- Open the door to the upper balcony of Alpha Labs Processing.
- The door at the other end of the balcony is disabled and leads to nowhere.
- Drop down to the section below and move over to the Security Panel by the
- Click the Security Panel to open the door to the Transfer Bay. This now
works because your security clearance was updated to Alpha Labs when you
collected William Banks' PDA back in the Executive Offices. Hear "Access
- This completes the objective
Obtain Security Clearance and the
Gain Entrance Into The Alpha Labs.
- Approach the panel and click to exit Administration and enter Alpha Labs
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 2
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 0
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 4
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 11
- Large Shell - 1
- Small Clip - 14
- Large Clip - 0
- Ammo Belt - 1
- Small Plasma Cell - 0
- Large Plasma Cell - 0
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 6
- Armour Shard - 19
- Small Health - 0
- Large Health - 10
- Emergency Medical Station - 1
- PDA - 4
- Email - 11
- Audio Log - 3
- Video Disk - 1
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 1
- Adrenaline - 0
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 2
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 2
- Security Clearance Updates - 1
- Objectives - 1
- Characters - 1
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 19
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 3
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 6
- Z-Sector Guard - 9
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0