5. Alpha Labs Sector 1
- Dropping into the EPD Lab from the EPD Observation Platform is a one way
- Entering Alpha Labs Sector 2 from the Elevator in Alpha Labs Sector 1 is a
one way trip.
- Read the Intro: Alpha Labs Sector 1 as the level
- Sergeant Kelly comes in over the intercom: "Marine. I've received a report
that you haven't reached Bravo Team yet. You need to pick up the pace,
they can't wait for you. Reaching the communications facility quickly is
- Your mission has changed again without notification to
Attempt To Locate Bravo Team.
- Click to open the bay doors. You are assigned the objective
Alpha Access Elevator (1).
- Enter Alpha Labs Reception.
- What a reception you receive - a Zombie (1) rises from the floor and comes
to greet you. Show him your appreciation.
- The door across the room is locked momentarily.
- To the left on some seats is 1 Small Clips (1) and 1 Small Health (1).
- Go to the right into the dark and hear an evil laugh. Kill the 3 Zombies
(2-4) that come out of the corner.
- Along the right wall you will find 2 Armour Shards (1-2), 1 Combat Armour
(1), 2 Small Bullets (1-2) and an Emergency Medical Station (1) with 100
units of Health.
- Approach the desk with the Security Terminal. Pickup the 1 Small Bullets
(3) on the right end of the desk.
- Now view the Security Terminal. Click the "Unlock Doors, Primary Lights
On" button. This unlocks the access door and turns on the lights. Overhear
a friendly voice informing you that "The UAC takes pride in its safety
record. Please follow UAC procedures". You now have "General Access". You
can click the "Secure Area" option but you get a message "Insufficient
Security Clearance To Process Security Lockdown". It appears the areas you
are going will not be secure - what a suprise.
- Open the door to the Atomic Stabilization Hub.
- There are two large machines in front of you, some stair over to the far
left and some crates over on the right.
- Dispense with the Z-Sector Guard (1) walking away from you and scoop up
his 1 Small Shells (1).
- Go right and take out the 2 Z-Sector Guard (2-3) that come out from behind
the crates and swipe their 2 Small Clips (2-3).
- Find 6 Armour Shards (3-8) behind the crates, hear a dull thud as you get
near them - probably nothing.
- Head back the other way around the corner and down the steps, negotiating
the dead marine sprawled there and kill the approaching Zombie (5).
- Open the doors and jump back as an Imp (1) leaps in to surprise you.
- Turn around and go back up the stair and around the corner and wipe out
the Zombie (6) that has appeared from an alcove where the wall has
- In the alcove you will find 2 Small Clips (4-5) and 1 Small Health (2).
- Head back to the exit door to the EPD Observation Platform.
- Kill 2 Z-Sector Guards (4-5) that are making pests of themselves and take
the 1 Small Shells (2) and 1 Small Clips (6) the left behind.
- Two video monitors are explaining how the Elemental Phase Deconstructor
works - you'll be getting the video soon.
- Notice the huge Elemental Phase Deconstuctor that occupies most of the
room to your right.
- Enter the door to Alpha Labs Main Junction - see below.
- Drop over the edge into the EPD Lab - this is a one way trip. Continue
- If you hug the right wall to the corner and turn 90 degrees left you will
see some live electrical wires in front of you and beyond them, a Z-Sector
Guard. At your slightest move the guard will flee through the doors behind
him. If you use the machine gun and line him up at his left knee, you can
kill the Z-Sector Guard (6) before he gets away.
- Now collect the Large Health (1) in front of you. Avoid getting too close
to the electrical wires as you will take a lot of damage.
- You will get to the other side of the electrical wires much later in this
- Return to the EPD Observation Room - see above.
- 2 Imps (2-3) teleport in, show them who's boss. A little later another Imp
(4) appears - take him out.
- You can crawl under the stairs on the side you came in to obtain 1 Small
Shells (3) and 1 Small Health (3).
- Now take some time to check out the huge Elemental Phase Deconstructor.
Every 5 seconds or so a particle beam pulses. The particle beam travels
down a tunnel that is currently caged off with a sign "Danger: High
Voltage Within. Do Not Enter". You will be going there shortly.
- Climb the stairs on the other side of the generator.
- There is a storage locker in front of you that you can't yet access.
- Enter the door to the control room.
- Kill the Zombie (7) and Z-Sector Guard (7) who leaves 1 Small Bullets (4).
- A cutscene takes over that shows all the boxes and chairs being thrown
around the room - like a whirlwind effect.
- Notice the Emergency Energy Station (2) on the wall with 73 Health.
- Approach the computers and take Kyle C. Berger's PDA (1).
It contains 2 Emails (1-2) and 1 Audio Log (1). The audio log titled
EPD Accident reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 009 is 752.
- Also on the desk is 1 Video Disk (1) titled
Elemental Phase Deconstructor.
- Return outside and over to Storage Locker 009 and key in 752. You will
find 1 Combat Armour (2), 2 Large Health (2-3), 1 Grenades (1) and 1
Large Clips (1).
- Head back inside the control room and through the next door.
- Kill the Imp (5) that attacks from the right.
- Overhear the words "Follow Me".
- Collect the 1 Small Shells (4) by the dead marine on the right.
- Acquire the Combat Armour (3) in the dark corner as steam shoots up
through the vent behind you.
- Head over to the the monitor and click the "Open Access Repair Gate"
option. This opens the cage blocking your path before. The monitor now
reads "EPD beam is still active -- procede with caution. Access when EPD
is running can be fatal" - you get the idea, if you touch the beam, you'll
feel the pain.
- When you click the monitor a Z-Sector Guard (8) appears on the ledge from
where you entered this section - fix him up. He leaves 1 Small Clips (7)
that you won't be able to access because you can't go back.
- Exit the control room and carefully timing the particle beam, enter the
EPD Collection Chamber.
- Ducking is the easiest way to avoid the beam.
- Toward the end overhear a voice "Help Me".
- Turn right and click the red button to "Conduit Access" and duck through
the small doorway that opens to the EPD Particle Filter.
- Kill the Z-Sector Guard (9) who walks past, he leaves 1 Small Clips (8).
- Toast the Zombie (8) that shuffles past.
- Exit the conduit. To the right is a dead end.
- Go left, passing a dead scientist. Observe the huge rotating device. Don't
touch the spinning part of the machinery or you will take damage.
- Go down the stairs and kill the 2 Zombies (9-10).
- Find 4 Armour Shards (9-12) on the desk.
- Look at the monitor. This is the 1st time you find a screen that reads
"POWER OUTAGE: Battery Reserve On. Backup Your Files!". After clicking
Power Outage Screen 1, it reads "Backing Up Files ... Backup Complete"
and then the display dies. You will find several of these over the course
of the game.
- Exit through to EPD Junction 2.
- There is a Large Health (4) to the left. Go right and around the corner.
- Take out the Imp (6) that approaches.
- There is an evil laugh and the lights go out.
- Move further in and to the right and you will see a room blocked by a
cage. You can just see a PDA through the wire - you'll get there soon.
- Go left down the ramp and kill 3 Zombies (11-13).
- Find a dead marine by the crate and a Large Health (5) behind the crate.
- In the central pillar is a disabled computer.
- To the left is a door leading to EPD Particle Scrubber - see below.
- Follow the path to the right to EPD Particle Emulsifier - see below.
- There is a dead marine and nearby are 1 Grenades (2) and 2 Small Shells
- Behind the marine are flames shooting from burst pipes preventing your
egress. You will come back after sealing the pipes remotely.
- Return to EPD Junction 2 - see above.
- It becomes very dark. Move in far enough to trigger 2 Zombies (14-15).
Kill them then turn around and run back out killing a Zombie (16) that was
hoping to sneak up on you and an Imp (7) that shows up in the previous
- Hear a thumping sound. The lights go back on.
- Go forward past the machinery on the left and into an alcove on the far
wall and kill the Zombie (17) protecting 1 Large Shells (1).
- Find a second alcove on the far wall that triggers a Zombie (18) defending
a Large Health (6).
- Walk up the red stairs and take out the Zombie (19) shuffling in from the
- On the computer console find 1 Small Clips (9) and 1 Small Health (4).
Jack T. Smith's PDA (2). It contains 2 Emails (3-4) and 1 Audio Log
- Approach the Gas Transfer Monitor Station. It reads "WARNING: Fire
Detected In Pipe Sector 7-6". There is an option to "Seal Breached Pipe
Section" - click the option. Overhear a voice saying "Gas leak stopped.
fire extinguished". The monitor reads "Pipe Section Isolated And Sealed".
You can watch the monitor scan the pipe network.
- Head back through EPD Junction 2 and enter EPD Particle Scrubber again.
- Now that the pipes are no longer spouting fire you can continue forward.
- Head around the corner and straight ahead until a Z-Sector Guard (10),
kick his sorry ass. He leaves behind 1 Small Clips (10).
- The wall to the left lowers, revealing Storage Area 2 - see below.
- Find 1 Small Shells (7) before the door leading forward.
- Go back and look over the edge and see a ladder down to the lower section.
- Climb down and see the monitors "Scanning Impulse Fluctuations".
- Walk over and collect the 1 Grenades (3) and Combat Armour (4) and kill
the Imp (8) that appears when a triggered wall lowers in front of you.
- Climb back up the ladder and return to EPD Junction 2 to trigger a final
pair of teleporting 2 Imps (9-10) - this area should now be clear for
- Now go back to the new door to EPD Contaminant Purge - see below.
- Kill the Imp (11) and Z-Sector Guard (11) behind the crate that
immediately attack, taking the 1 Small Clips (11).
- Also behind the crate are 2 Small Clips (12-13) and 1 Small Shells (8).
- There's 1 Small Health (5) on a shelf.
- Now exit back to EPD Particle Scrubber - see above.
- There is a Large Health (7) and 3 Armour Shards (13-15) in front of you.
- Move forward and to the right toward the main room and a cutscene takes
over. You are introduced to several oversized Maggots creeping toward
you - it really is your lucky day.
- Kill the 5 Maggots (1-5)
- Now drink in the evil scene before you. Slime and weed are creeping
everywhere. Above you are five high openings where the maggots originated.
Above you is the cadaver you saw in the cutscene, pinned to the roof with
his chest ripped open - not pretty. There are flames licking up the
- When you walk toward the new door 2 grates fall in revealing a tunnel to
Crawl Way 13.
- There is 1 Small Shells (9) near the jammed door to Alpha Labs Junction 3
that won't open - you'll get there momentarily.
- Drop in and duck into Crawl Way 13.
- Crawl along until you see a grate above you into a room. An Imp jumps on
the grate and when he can't get to you will run away through a door you
can see in the distance. There are some barrels in the room and even if
you shoot them (taking much damage) the Imp will get away. If look through
the grate the other way you will see a ladder leading up to opening that
shimmering with a yellow glow. It is not possible to get into the area
above the grate and there is nothing there anyway.
- Keep crawling. Do a right wall hug passing a passage to the left - you'll
go there soon. Around the corner you can exit out to Alpha Labs Junction 3
in an L shaped area caged from the rest of the room.
- Find 3 Armour Shards (16-18) and 1 Large Health (8). Return to the crawl
- Crawl back the way you came and into the tunnel you skipped earlier.
- Crawl over 1 Small Shells (10) by one of 3 bodies and jump out into the
main room of Alpha Labs Junction 3.
- Notice the caged section of the room you were in recently. There is also
the jammed door to EPD Contaminant Purge that you were on the other side
- In the main room find 2 Small Clips (14-15) by 2 of the dead soldiers.
- Kill the 2 Zombies (20-21) that approach, one from an alcove on the right
and the other from a pathway to a door.
- In the alcove you will discover 5 Armour Shards (19-23) and 1 Small Health
- Now head for the door to Hydrocon Condenser .
- Enter the room and kill the Z-Sector Guard (12) who is oblivious to your
presence. Take his 1 Small Shells (11).
- A Z-Sector Guard (13) on the balcony above, sees what you did to his buddy
and comes running. Kill him and take his 1 Small Clips (16).
- There are several explodable barrels around, be careful.
- Also take note of the "Caution: Dangerous Drop" signs - it's a long way
- Find 1 Small Health (7) behind some crates.
- Move toward the next door. The grates fall in, keep moving.
- Enter the Hydrocon Oxygenator.
- Two barrels come tumbling down from the balcony above.
- Take the stair up to the balcony.
- Kill the Maggot (6) that comes through the door and the Z-Sector Guard
(14) who was weilding 1 Small Clips (17).
- There are 2 Small Clips (18-19), 1 Large Health (9) and 1 Small Shells
(12) distributed around the room.
- Exit to the Hydrocon Condenser , upper balcony.
- You are on the upper balcony of this room now that you saw earlier.
- Go up to the computer console. There is
Power Outage Screen 2 and it works the same as the first. Click it and
the screen goes dead.
- Go up the stairs and look at the machinery.
- There is a pile of 6 Armour Shards (24-29) on the floor but you don't get
them for free. Collecting them triggers 2 Imps (12-13), one from a lowered
wall in front of you and one behind you down the stairs.
- Find 1 Combat Armour (5) from the lowered wall section.
- Climb the stairs. The steps fall away behind you. You can still go up and
down them though by riding the left or right railings.
- Enter the Hydrocon Junction 1.
- Take the 3 Small Clips (20-22) from the dead marine sprawled before you.
- Move further in, 2 Imps (14-15) teleport in as your screen goes red and
you see flames licking at the windows outside.
- You can see through the windows out to an inaccessible area.
- On a pillar is a control to "Open Security Hatch". Click it and a glass
locker on the wall marked "Security 15" opens, providing 5 Small Shells
(13-17) and 2 Small Clips (23-24).
- Open the door to Hydrocon Control.
- Kill the Zombie (22) moaning on the left.
- To the right is a security door that you don't yet have access to.
Clicking the panel shows that only P. Harvey and B. Lipsitx have access.
- Notice the Zombie wandering around outside through the windows to Hydrocon
Lab - you will get there in a bit.
- Also notice a hole in the roof to Hydrocon Stabilization - you will be
dropping in from there in a while.
- Grab the 1 Large Clips (2) off the broken computer console.
- You can access Hydrocon Lab Station and by clicking, toggle between
Statistics and Calibration Mode. Other than a different display neither
seem to make any difference.
- Slurp up the Video Disk (2) titled Hydrocon on the computer console.
- Open the door to Hydrocon Syphon.
- Kill the Maggot (7) in the left back corner.
- Destroy the headless Zombie (23) over at the computers.
- Approaching the consoles triggers an Imp (16) from Stabilization Junction.
- There is 1 Large Health (10) on the right of the desk.
- Click the Power Outage Screen 3 and watch the
display blank out.
- Enter Stabilization Junction.
- There is a ladder on the wall you can climb - easily missed in the dark.
- Climb up the ladder to Hydrocon Stabilization.
- Follow the path through the pipes.
- Meet and hear what George Krietman says. George is trying to
stabilize the Hydrocon which is currently out of control.
- You can kill and take George Krietman's PDA (3) which contains 1
- Time the plunging machinery on the left - it will crush you. Walk through
to the computer consoles on the other side of the plunger.
- Read that one of the computers has a "Load Error" and is "Unable to
establish connection with primary interface".
- Go left and pick up Bernie Lipsitz's PDA (4) by his
decomposing body next to a hole in the floor. Bernie's PDA contains 2
Emails (6-7). You also get a Security Clearance Update to
Hydrocon Access (1).
- Walk past the hole around the corner and grab 1 Combat Armour (6) and 2
Small Health (8).
- Now go back and drop down the hole into Hydrocon Control and click the
security door that you can now access and enter Oxygen Siphon.
- Kill the Zombie (24) that slowly approaches through the next door.
- Kill the Z-Sector Guard (15) that comes running and relieve him of his 1
Small Shells (18).
- There's a Large Health (11) in the back right corner.
- Exit through to Hydrocon Lab - hear the wail of the door as it closes.
Everytime you open or close that door you will hear the wail.
- As you approach the steps, look through the glass on the right into
Hydrocon Observation - a room you will come to shortly. You will see
Counsellor Swann and Jack Campbell (wielding a BFG 9000, the lucky
bastard) come hustling through one door and out through another - they are
always one step ahead of you!
- You are attacked by 3 Maggots (8-10) - send back to hell.
- The room showcase are the huge pistons doing their job. If you ignore
George Krietman's advice and shoot either of the glass shields on the
pistons, the entire base will blow up - instant death.
- Enter through the doors to Storage Area 8.
- Kill the attacking Maggot (11).
- Find 1 Grenades (4) and 1 Combat Armour (7) on a shelf to the left and an
Emergency Medical Station (3) with 44 Health on the right wall.
- Go up the stairs through the door and into Alpha Labs Main Junction.
- You are finally on the other side of the electrical wires that were
blocking your path much earlier in this level.
- The electrical wires block your path to the left.
- Go through the doors straight ahead to Hydrocon Junction 4 - see below.
- Now go right and through the door to Hydrocon Observation - see below.
- Around the corner is a disabled security door that you don't have access
to and doesn't lead anywhere anyway.
- Return to Alpha Labs Main Junction - see above.
- Two video screens are playing the Hydrocon video disk - you have it
- Open the door to Hydrocon Junction 3 but don't go in.
- A Maggot (12) climbs out through a hole in the floor in the next room and
charges you - put his lights out.
- Immediately turn around and shoot the 2 Z-Sector Guards (16-17) trying to
ambush you. Take the 2 Small Clips (25-26) they leave behind.
- Enter Hydrocon Junction 3.
- Hear the thumps in the distance.
- There is a dead marine and 3 Small Clips (27-29) in the corner.
- Drop down the hole the maggot came out of and find 1 Large Clips (3) and
5 Armour Shards (30-34).
- Exit through to Alpha Labs Sector Junction.
- When you enter the room the door behind you locks temporarily.
- You are attacked by a gang of 6 Maggots (13-18).
- The door behind you can now be opened again.
- There has been carnage in this room. Find 1 Small Shells (19) near a dead
- Obtain 1 Small Shells (20) and 1 Small Health (9) near the central
- There is a dead scientist by the stairs.
- The computers exhibit load errors and ofline status.
- Find 1 Combat Armour (8) in the back right corner near a crate.
- Head to the large door and click the panel to open the door to the
Elevator. Your objective Alpha Access Elevator is completed.
- Click to exit Alpha Labs Sector 1 and enter Alpha Labs Sector 2.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 4
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 0
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 4
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 20
- Large Shell - 1
- Small Clip - 29
- Large Clip - 3
- Ammo Belt - 0
- Small Plasma Cell - 0
- Large Plasma Cell - 0
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 8
- Armour Shard - 34
- Small Health - 9
- Large Health - 11
- Emergency Medical Station - 3
- PDA - 4
- Email - 7
- Audio Log - 2
- Video Disk - 2
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 0
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 1
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 1
- Security Clearance Updates - 1
- Objectives - 1
- Characters - 1
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 16
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 18
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 24
- Z-Sector Guard - 17
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0