6. Alpha Labs Sector 2
- Dropping into Engineering Security from the Lavatory Ventilation Ducts is
a one way trip.
- Entering the Coolant Access Shaft 5 and crawling and dropping to a section
where you can stand up is a one way trip.
- Entering Lower MFS Control from Coolant Access Shaft 5 is a one way trip.
- Entering Alpha Labs Sector 3 from the Air Lock in Alpha Labs Sector 2 is a
one way trip.
- Read the Intro: Alpha Labs Sector 2 as the level
- Your mission is still Attempt To Locate Bravo Team.
- Exit the elevator. Overhear "Here at the UAC ..." then the sound becomes
- There are 3 Armour Shards (1-3) and 1 Large Health (1) on the seat to the
- Turn right and see two drink machines in the distance and some stairs.
- Look up and see a dead marine hanging with his arm thrust up a vertical
- Move toward the stairs and the body is whisked up the shaft out of site
momentarily and you hear some horrendous crunching sounds. Then you will
see body parts falling from the vertical shaft, sliding down the ramp and
dropping onto the floor - ugh!
- Head to the stairs and see another dead marine lifted inexplicably into
the air by some invisible force and moved into the next room through a
- Climb the stairs and 2 Imps (1-2) teleport in, one in front and one behind.
Take care of them.
- There are two broken arcade machines in the corner - one is Super Turbo
Turkey Puncher 3.
- Find 1 Small Shells (1) on the floor.
- Go past the door and around the corner to find 2 Small Clips (1-2) and 2
Small Health (1-2).
- Open the door and enter Security Checkpoint Junction.
- As you walk into the room an Imp (3) teleports in behind you - teach it a
- A broken grate on the floor flies into the air as sparks dance and settles
back down again.
- There's a body on the floor.
- Approach the door on the left - it half opens. It blocks your passage to
Engineering Security so you will have to get there another way. Kill the
Z-Sector Guard (1) you see through the crack. The guard drops 1 Small Clips
(3). You will have to wait to retrieve the clips.
- Now go right through the door marked with a boy/girl sign to the Lavatory.
- Kill the approaching Zombie (1).
- This lavatory is a disgrace, it's in an even worse state than the one back
at Mars City.
- Move in toward the cubicles and the tiles from the ceiling fall down.
- Kill the fat Zombie (2) who comes from the right.
- Another Zombie (3) is triggered as you edge forward.
- A Maggot (1) appears from a lowered wall in the back right corner.
- Find Grenades (1) in the back left cubicle and 1 Large Health (2) on a
- Notice the "No Smoking" sign above the urinals.
- The only way forward is up a ladder in the corner, climb up to the
Lavatory Ventilation Ducts.
- Overhear a voice in panic "Hello. Is this reaching anyone? I'm
broadcasting on a very low frequency. If you can hear me, I'm not far.
I've locked myself in storage room C4. Please, if anyone can hear me,
please help". You don't ever find storage room C4 and one has to be fairly
pessimistic about the fate of the poor guy.
- Crawl into the duct and follow the path. It branches at one point where
you can enter a section where you can stand.
- Find 5 Armour Shards (4-8) and 1 Large Health (3).
- Kill a Maggot (2) in the corner protecting 2 Large Clips (1-2).
- Now reenter the duct and head down the other branch until you crawl over
a grate. Below you will see and hear a disgusting sight of one zombie
eating another in the inner control room of Engineering Security, you will
be there soon.
- Leave this gruesome scene behnd and keep crawling toward the hole in front
- Fall through the hole backwards into Engineering Security - this is a one
- Kill the Imp (4) in the alcove in front of you when you fall into the
room. The disappointed imp was hoping to claw you from behind.
- To the right leads to the half jammed door to Security Checkpoint
Junction, you are on the other side of the door now.
- Head the other way and around the corner. A body rolls out from the
ceiling onto the floor.
- An Imp (5) climbs up through a grate - kill it and turn around and take out
the teleporting Maggot (3).
- Duck into the grate where the imp came from and discover 1 Combat Armour
- See the zombie still chomping away through the window to the inner control
- Enter the door to the inner control room. Both Zombies (4-5) get up, the
eater and the eatee - kill them now.
- There are 2 Small Clips (4-5) on the floor and an Emergency Medical Station
(1) with 100 Health on the wall.
- Walk over and collect
Andrew Chin's PDA (1). It contains 4 Emails (1-4) and 1 Audio Log (1).
The email titled Storage cabinet 038 reveals that the code
Storage Locker 038 is 409.
- Now approach the Security Scanner. On the left you can click any of 6
locations and remotely view the room for a few seconds via the video
screen on your right. Click on each location, the last one is the most
interesting, you can see J. Edwards who you meet later, walking around
with a lantern. The remote locations you can view are:
- Security Checkpoint Junction
- Security Checkpoint (you are there now)
- Coolant Junction
- MFS Compressor
- Storage And Engineering
- Engineering Coolant Control
- Exit the inner control room then exit through the door to Junction
- Open the door and enter Vista D04/D05.
- Kill the Maggot (4) right near the door. Notice a dead marine on the floor.
- An Imp teleports in, shattering a window to your right. Kill the Imp (6)
for his impudence.
- As soon as the window breaks you are exposed to the Mars air and your
oxygen level drops. The safest course of action is to retreat back to
Junction D03/D04 whenever your oxygen gets low.
- The broken window leads out to the martian landscape. You can drop down
and look around but you can't get back and will die from asphyxiation.
There is a large pipe and a couple of silos. Ther appears to be no items.
The area is referred to as "Unidentified" by the game engine.
- Enter the next door to Coolant Junction.
- Move forward and kill the Imp (7) that teleports in onto the balcony across
the room and take pot shots at you. You'll get there later.
- Notice the large pipes and the compressed gas sign.
- Exit through the door to MFS Compressor .
- There is a Z-Sector Guard (2) walking away from you - you no shame so shoot
him in the back and take his 1 Small Clips (6).
- Notice the molecular fuel storage machinery over the railing to the left.
- A video disk plays on an overhead monitor - you'll pick up the video disk
- Enter the Coolant Compressor.
- Through the window you see 3 marines from Bravo Team running left to right
along a walkway outside and disappear through a door. You won't ever get
to that section, there's nothing there anyway.
- Head through the doors to MFS Compressor .
- Survey the room. There's a body on the floor and a storage locker behind
the machinery. There are some computers and a door past some steps.
- First go down the steps to trigger and dispense with a teleporting Maggot
- Two Z-Sector Guards (3-4) come running from MFS Compressor  - kill them
and take 1 Small Shells (2) and 1 Small Clip (7).
- There's an incoming communication from Sergeant Kelly: "Marine. Bravo Team
report they've located your position but are unable to move to your
current location. Head toward Engineering and try to link up with them in
Sector 3". You are assigned a new objective
Alpha Labs Sector 3 (1).
- Jump over the machinery and approach Storage Locker 038 and enter code 409 as
read in Andrew Chin's email and collect 1 Ammo Belt (1), 1 Grenades (2), 1
Small Clips (8) and 1 Combat Armour (2).
- Jump back over the machinery and head for the computers consoles. You will
find 1 Combat Armour (3) by the nearby crate.
Walter I. Connors's PDA (2). It contains 3 Emails (5-7)
and 1 Audio Log (2). The email titled Note to self reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 039 is 102.
- Collect the Video Disk (1) titled
Molecular Fuel Storage Compactor also on the computer console.
- Now approach the Maintenance Control and click "Open main vent hatch". If
you look to the left you will see a ladder appear on the wall. The monitor
reads "Check manually. Ladder deployed".
- Climb the ladder and duck into Coolant Junction Hatchway - see below.
- Exit this room through the door to Hatchway H02/H03 - see below.
- Follow the tunnel. It will take you out on the balcony in Coolant
Junction and you collect 2 Small Shells (3-4), 2 Small Bullets (1-2), 1 Small
Clips (9) and 1 Large Health (4).
- Return through the hatchway to MFS Compressor  - see above.
- Go straight ahead and into Storage And Engineering .
- There's 1 Small Health (3) in front of you, but look right first.
- You are greeted by the 2 Z-Sector Guards (5-6), apparently your repution has
preceded you. Take them and take their equipment - 1 Small Shells (5) and
1 Small Clips (10).
- An Imp (8) teleports in - help it see the error of its ways.
- A Maggot (6) bursts through a cage from an alcove back near the entrance,
- The alcove the maggot was hiding has 1 Ammo Belt (2) and 1 Large Clips
- You can look through the grates and see into Storage And Engineering 
that you will be entering soon.
- Find 1 Small Health (4) behind the crates.
- Walk over to the large machine at the end where an L shaped pipe feeds
from the machine into the floor. Diagnonal from that pipe is a scratched
tile. Hit the tile and it falls into a hole revealing a ladder leading
down to Storage And Engineering  - see below.
- Head over to the lift. There is one panel used to "Call Lift" and on the
lift is a panel to "Lower Lift" or "Raise Lift".
- Climb on and click "Lower Lift". As you descend, see a Maggot that chases
- After reaching the bottom kill the Maggot (7). An Imp (9) teleports in just
to cause you some stress - make it eat lead.
- By some crates you will find 4 Armour Shards (9-12) and 1 Small Health (5).
- Enter the doors to Engineering And Coolant - see below.
- Duck into the tunnel and follow it. Overhear a brief garbled incoming
communication "Marine ...".
- The tunnel ends in a high room with a ladder in the centre leading down.
- Take the ladder down to another room with a crawlspace.
- Enter the crawlspace and follow it around the corner. See an Imp walk
in front of you at the end of the crawlspace.
- Exit the tunnel and kill the Imp (10).
- At the end of the room are some barrels and 1 Small Shells (6) and 2
Large Clips (4-5).
- Now back up and blast the barrels to reveal a third crawlspace below the
pipes leading to 1 Large Clips (6) and 1 Combat Armour (4).
- Return back the way you came to Storage And Engineering  - see above.
- See J. Edward through the glass.
- Find 1 Large Clips (7) around to the right.
- Go up the stairs passed a dead marine.
- Meet the scientist J. Edwards and hear what he has to say. He wants to
lead you out of this area.
- Find Power Outage Screen 4, so click it at
watch the screen go dead.
- Find some Grenades (3) near the TD4 machine.
- Follow J. Edwards out to Coolant Control Junction.
- J. Edwards leads the way. He is scripted to take you on a deliberate
path. If you diverge from that path his will follow you and and try to
lead you back to the path. It is very dark even with your flashlight. The
basic strategy is to explore any pathways J. Edwards ignores because they
will contain items.
- After the 1st stairs J. Edwards goes left. Go right instead and find 1
Ammo Belt (3) and 1 Combat Armour (5).
- Follow J. Edwards again until he ignores another right. Investigate to
find 1 Large Bullets (1), 1 Large Shells (1) and 1 Ammo Belt (4).
- Follow J. Edwards again until he passes the 2nd stairs and goes left
again. Go right instead and locate 4 Armour Shards (13-16), 1 Large Clips (8)
and 1 Small Shells (7).
- Play follow the leader again. An Imp (11) appears - kill it. Nearby is an
alcove with 1 Large Clips (9) and 1 Large Health (5) and further on, another
alcove hiding 1 Small Shells (8), 1 Small Clips (11) and 1 Large Health (6).
- Take a 3rd set of stairs. Meet another Imp (12), make its life a misery.
- J. Edwards goes left at a cage - go right instead and find 1 Backpack
- Follow J. Edwards some more and meet up with another Imp (13) - put it to
- A bit further and you must take out a Maggot (8).
- There is 1 Large Shells (2) and 1 Large Health (7) by a pillar.
- At the entrance of a corridor J. Edwards exclaims "There's the exit". You
can see a ladder in the distance. As J. Edwards nears the ladder, 2 Imps
(14-15) appear, one from an alcove on the left and one from behind you. It
appears to be scripted that J. Edwards gets shafted. No matter what you
do you can't save him.
- Climb the ladder.
- Walk over to
Storage Locker 039 and key in 102 as read in Walter Connors email.
The locker contains 2 Large Clips (10-11) and 1 Combat Armour (6).
- Exit through the door to Coolant Flow Control.
- Look up and see 3 mummified figures attached to the ceiling - hmmm!
- There's a disabled door to the right that leads to nowhere.
- You can drop down beside the pipes and find 2 Large Clips (12-13) and 2 Large
Health (8-9) under the walkway.
- The way forward is over the pipes and into a crawlspace to Coolant Access
- The shaft essentially leads in one direction, all branches are blocked.
- See the shadow of the trite cast on a wall in front of you.
- Drop down to a section where you can stand. This is a one way trip.
- Move forward, duck and enter a new tunnel out to Lower MFS Control. This
is a one way trip.
- Kill your first Trite (1)
that crawls out from a small opening to the right of the console in front
- To the left are 3 Small Clips (12-14) and 1 Combat Armour (7).
- On the wall is an Emergency Medical Station (2) with 100 Health.
- Approach the Maintenance Access console. Click the "Extend Service Ladder"
and race to a safe corner.
- Kill the 16 Trites (2-17) that come pouring out from everywhere.
- Now the console reads "Service Ladder Successfully Opened" so climb up the
ladder to the upper ledge.
- Kill the 5 Trites (18-22) that attack.
- There's a jammed door in front of you. You can see crates in the room
behind the door. You can't get in there and there is nothing in there
- Head over to the large door on the left and click the "Open Bay Door"
panel to open the door.
- Enter the Air Lock.
- Click "Exit Alpha Labs 2" to transfer to Alpha Labs Sector 3.
- This actually completes the objective
Alpha Labs Sector 3 but you are not informed of this by the game.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 3
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 0
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 2
- Large Bullet - 1
- Small Shell - 8
- Large Shell - 2
- Small Clip - 14
- Large Clip - 13
- Ammo Belt - 4
- Small Plasma Cell - 0
- Large Plasma Cell - 0
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 7
- Armour Shard - 16
- Small Health - 5
- Large Health - 9
- Emergency Medical Station - 2
- PDA - 2
- Email - 7
- Audio Log - 2
- Video Disk - 1
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 1
- Adrenaline - 0
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 2
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 2
- Security Clearance Updates - 0
- Objectives - 1
- Characters - 1
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 15
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 8
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 22
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 5
- Z-Sector Guard - 6
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0