9. EnPro Plant
- Entering Communications Transfer from Airlock E-1 in EnPro Plant is a one
- Read the Intro: EnPro Plant as the level loads.
- You commence the level with a cutscene. Bravo Team are seen entering the
EnPro plant and hear something. A battle begins and in the ensueing fight
a pipe gets ruptured from a stray bullet which leads to overheating of
Coolant Rod 2.
- Hear "Warning! Coolant Rod 2 offline. Main reaction operation temperature
exceeding safe levels". You will hear this announcement repeated from time
to time throughout the level.
- You are assigned a new mission
Locate The Military Transmission Card with the first objective
Coolant Rod 2 (1).
- Exit the transfer bay to the Walkway To EnPro.
- In comes a communication from Sergeant Kelly: "Marine. Bravo Team is down.
Their operational status is unknown. They were carrying a military
transmission card. It's vital you retreive that card as it contains
encoded data needed to send the distress signal to the fleet. You are the
last hope to get reinforcements. Find that card and find it fast."
- Find 1 Small Shells (1) on a crate and a Combat Armour (1) behind the
- On the right wall is an Emergency Medical Station (1) with 75 Health - you
will probably need it after your recent encounter with Vagary.
- You can get a glimpse out to the martian landscape.
- Go through the door to Entrance.
- Overhear the chink of operating machinery.
- On the left is a hand sign "Notice: Report All Injuries At Once". You will
see a few of these through the level.
- By the right railing is 1 Large Clips (1).
- Over the left railing you can see one of your Bot buddies resting
peacefully - woohoo!
- Walk down the stairs, they break behind you. You can still get back up the
stairs if you duck up the left railing and move out to the right.
- Duck under the stairs and walk around to awake your sentry bot.
- The bot wants to lead you on a predetermined path but will always come
back for you whenever you diverge from the path.
- Cross over to the door marked Storage. An Imp (1) is triggered - let your
buddy show you how it's done.
- Enter to door to Storage - see below.
- Follow your bot through the door to Control 1.
- Take out the fat Zombie (1) that approaches.
- Find 2 Small Shells (2-3) on a cardboard box.
- Exit back to Entrance - see above.
- This area is made up of several connected rooms and is dark.
- Follow the bot and trigger 1 Maggot (1) in front and 1 Imp (2) who comes
through the door behind you.
- Turn to the 2 explodable barrels and jump over them to retreive 1 Large
- Follow your bot past the steam pipe and down some stairs.
- Hear an announcement "Attention. All personnel. Evacuate the facility".
Eek! Don't panic, you can take your time.
- Go around the corner as you pal wipes another Maggot (2) near a spinning
- As you near the red light and look around the corner you will see a huge
pipe fall in the next room and glass showered down over your buddy as 2
Imps (3-4) teleport in on either side of you - tag team them.
- There is a large disabled door in front of you - you'll get to the other
side another way.
- Go right and mount the stairs up into the inner office.
- To the right an Imp (5) teleports in. Outside 2 more Imps (6-7) make their
- Find 1 Small Shells (4) near the orange machine and 2 Armour Shards (1-2)
on the computer console.
- Also on the console, collect Paul E. Raad's PDA (1). It
contains 2 Emails (1-2) and 2 Audio Logs (1-2).
- Trot over to the Heat Transfer Monitor Station opposite the door you came
in. "Warning. Multiple pressure leaks detected. Rerouting transfer valves
7 and 16 will isolate section". If you don't stop the leak then you will
be exposed to several leaking pipes that will do you damage in the next
section. Click "Begin routing procedure" and hear "Gas leak stopped. Fire
extinguished". Read the display: "Rerouting successful. Heat transfer leak
isolated and contained. Overload detected in coolant rod sector.
Additional pressure leaks expected". The monitor then starts scanning the
- Start following your buddy through the office again. He seeks out and
destroys another Imp (8) near a second set of computers.
- Collect 2 Small Clips (1-2) and 1 Small Health (1) on the consoles.
- Linger behind your buddy as he leads you out into Maintenance 1.
- As you enter the section your bot trounces another teleporting Imp (9) and
then 2 more Imps (10-11) that appear on either side.
- To your left is 1 Combat Armour (2) in an alcove.
- Now go right and into the corner room. Trigger another Imp (12).
- Collect 1 Ammo Belt (1) and 1 Small Plasma Cells (1) at the back.
- On three crates around the room you will find 2 Small Clips (3-4) and 1
Large Health (1).
- Follow your friend past another injury warning sign. He nails an Imp (13)
through the left doorway.
- Enter the left room and walk through the steam. Go down the stairs.
- Collect the Plasma Gun (1) by the dead soldier as the room goes red and
an Imp (14) and Maggot (3) teleport in.
- Pocket the 2 Small Health (2-3) lying around the room.
- See the other side of the disabled door you saw earlier.
- Let your bot lead the way again past 2 barrels and around the corner.
- The fireworks really commence now as the room shakes and 1 Maggot (4) and
9 Imps (15-23) teleport in for a showdown. Split the enemies between you.
Careful or your little buddy will bite the dust and fall in a heap on the
floor - he's not invincible after all.
- Limp after your bot as he takes you to the door leading to Power Core
- Collect the 1 Large Clips (3) and 1 Small Shells (5) on and by the boxes
to the right.
- Open the door and enter Power Core Access.
- Your bot heads straight to his destination for a well deserved rest.
- Overhear the faint sound of a woman crying.
- Go left first. Notice the disabled lift.
- Around the corner you will find 5 Armour Shards (3-7), 1 Large Health (2)
and 1 Small Clips (5).
- Look over the left edge. You can see some angled metal girders and pipes.
Up to the right you can see a balcony an a blue light on the other side
of this large room. You will need to extend a bridge upstairs to get
- Walk to the railing at the end. Jump on the railing and turn right and
walk off onto a ledge. Turn left and look down to see a ladder on the wall
Climb down the ladder and drop off onto a lower ledge and collect 1 Combat
Armour (3) and 2 Ammo Belts (2-3). Return back up the ladder and onto the
- Head back around past the door and your disabled bot and toward a flashing
- Locate and climb up a long ladder to the upper platform. A door opens
above you, go through it.
- Head around the corner. Notice a woman in through the window, sitting on a
- Walk over to the gap between this side and the passage on the other side
of the room. You cannot bridge that gap by jumping across.
- Turn and enter the room.
- A cutscene takes over and shows the first woman in the game. She is in
great pain and asks for help just before a lost soul rips out of her
body. This is the first lost soul you can do battle with in the game.
- Kill your first
Lost Soul (1) and then another Lost Soul (2) that appears soon after
- Approach the console and take poor Theresa M. Chasar's PDA (2). It contains 3
Emails (3-5) and 1 Audio Log (3). The audio log titled
Weapon Research reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 063 is 972.
- Cross over to Storage Locker 063 and enter the code 972 and take 1 Large
Plasma Cells (1), 1 Small Plasma Cells (2) and 1 Small Health (4).
- Approach the Security Terminal. REad "Chamber 1 Access. Bridge clamps
engaged. Area secure". You will have to break the harmony and click
"Unlock doors, release bridge". Overhear "Service bridge now operational".
- Head outside and take out the 6 Lost Souls (3-8) that appear.
- Walk over to the security bridge and watch the bridge extend and the side
railings come up and snap into place. Cross the bridge
- You can drop over the left edge at the end and crawl underneath the bridge
and collect 4 Armour Shards (8-11) behind some crates. Crawl out and jump
on the crates and over the railing to get back up.
- Enter the door to Power Core Access Hall.
- Open the next door to Chamber 1 Upper.
- Get you first closeup view of the overheating rod. There's a door over to
the right and a locked door obscured by the rod. A catwalk allows access
around the room. You can also walk along the metal ridge around the
outside. A fall into the core is instant death.
- A panel falls from the ceiling. More announcements to evacuate.
- Take out 5 Lost Souls (9-13) that appear.
- Move onto the catwalk. Trigger 2 more Lost Souls (14-15).
- Notice the Security Door with "Area sealed by external lock". Overhear
"Hazard doors sealed. Please contact plant management for immediate
assistance". This door will open later.
- Head through the door to Storage Hall.
- Hear "Warning. Reactor core temperature 235 degrees celsius".
- There's a pit to the left and shelves to the right and door straight
- Move to the shelves and collect 1 Large Clips (4) and 1 Large Health (3)
on one shelf and 2 Small Plasma Cells (3-4) on another.
- Exit through the door to Chamber 2 .
- You are greeted by an Imp (24) taking pot shots at you.
- Move in a bit further and trigger a teleporting Maggot (5) and Imp (25) in
the room behind you and 2 Lost Souls (16-17) in front of you.
- The door back to Chamber 1 Upper is disabled temporarily until you dispose
of the above enemies.
- Move over to the broken railing by the shelves and look down into the
chamber. Dropping down there is death as you get fried by a blue laser.
- Follow the path through the room and trigger 3 Imps (26-28) and 1 Maggot
- Behind the crates by the offline computers is 1 Combat Armour (4).
- Near the other computer console is 1 Large Health (4).
- Amble onto the lift at the end of the room. Click "Lower lift" and start a
long descent through the Main Elevator Shaft.
- On the way down hear the words "Warning. Reactor core temperature 585
- Notice the burst pipes spouting flames and steam on the way down.
- Further down hear "Warning. Reactor core temperature beyond acceptable
- Another incoming communication from Sergeant Kelly: "Marine. You gotta
find that transmission card. If Swann gets his hands on it, I don't know
- Arrive at Chamber 2 .
- Walk into the room. A dead scientist fall to the floor and the room
- In come 3 Lost Souls (18-20) - help them out.
- Move toward the dead scientist and 2 Imps (29-30) attack from the right.
- Find 1 Small Plasma Cells (5) and 1 Large Bullets (1) by the crates, 2
Small Health (5-6) by the computers and 5 Armour Shards (12-16) where the
imps came from.
- Look down into the blue haze at the base of the chamber - that's one
powerful laser. Look up for the view above - you were up there before.
- Exit through the doors to Lower Storage Hall.
- Kill the Imp (31) that teleports in and destroy the first
Wraith (1) of the game.
- Move in a bit further and kill 3 Imps (32-34) that appear.
- Find 1 Small Plasma Cells (6) and 1 Large Health (5) on a shelf.
- Exit through the door to Chamber 1 Lower.
- Overhear "Warning. Reactor core temperature 900 degrees celsius".
- Look at the spectacular reactor scene before you. Bubbling blue plasma,
flames licking from a cooling rod, it's quite a sight.
- Follow the catwalk toward a door, taking out the Imp (35) that comes
through the door.
- Enter through the door to the Reactor Control Room.
- On the left wall is an Emergency Medical Station (2) with 75 Health.
- Find 1 Large Plasma Cells (2), 1 Small Plasma Cells (7) and 3 Large Clips
(5-7) on the floor and shelves.
- Approach the computers. There's a Tracking Camera monitoring the Security
Entrance on the screen to the left.
- On the right is the Reactor Core Cooolant monitor. Read "Warning. Heat
exchange failure in Rod 2. Preliminary core breach detected. Current
temperature 1652 F / 900 C". Click on "Replace Rod 2".
- A cutscene shows the Coolant Rod 2 being replaced and then pans to the
Security Entrance display. You see Counsellor Swann and a Jack Campbell
approaching a jeep. Behind some crates a wounded Bravo Team member watches
them. "Do you see the card?" says Swann. "No sir" says the Campbell. "Ok.
Let's get to the communication facility. We can start the transmission
there" says Swann. "Whatever you say counsellor" returns Campbell.
- Hear "Coolant Rod 2 online". The monitor shows all four rods are stable.
- You have completed the objective Coolant Rod 2.
- You now have to make your back all the way back to the Power Core Access
Hall, fighting enemies all the way.
- Entering Chamber 1 Lower triggers 2 Imps (36-37) and 6 Lost Souls (21-26)
as you head for Lower Storage Hall.
- From Lower Storage Hall, enter Chamber 2 .
- Entering Chamber 2  triggers a Maggot (7) near the computers and a
Wraith (2) behind you.
- Take a ride up the Main Elevator Shaft.
- Entering Chamber 2  triggers 3 Lost Souls (27-29) that teleport in.
- Walk through Storage Hall.
- Enter the door to Power Core Access Hall.
- Approach the security door across the catwalk. Hear "Hazard doors now
- The hazard door opens vertically as you enter Control 2 Hall.
- Find 1 Small Shells (6) and 1 Small Health (7) on the floor.
- See the plasma pipeline overhead.
- Open the door into Control 2.
- See the plasma pumping through the pipes overhead.
- Kill the Maggot (8) and Wraith (3) that attack.
- Kill the Wraith (4) that teleports as you move further into the room.
- Head left and waste the Imp (38). Find 1 Ammo Belt (4), 1 Grenades (1) and
1 Large Health (6) in an alcove.
- Locate 5 Armour Shards (17-21) and 3 Large Clips (8-10) on a rack.
- Head back the other way past the broken computers and down the stairs
between the barrels. Pull back and kill the Maggot (9) that appears from
- Go left and find 6 Armour Shards (22-27) strewn on the floor. As you get
close a wall lifts and another Maggot (10) attacks.
- Now go back and to the right. A Maggot (11) and Imp (39) take you on - be
careful not to blow the explodable barrels by mistake.
- See some stairs heading up. Take the path around to the right first to
trigger a Maggot (12) who was hiding in a tunnel with 2 Small Clips (6-7)
and 1 Small Health (8).
- Now scamper up the stairs and through the door on the left to Plasma
- Thump the fat Zombie (2) groaning to your right.
- All the computers on this side of the room are offline.
- Notice the caution sign on the railing.
- Head up the stairs and down again to take out the Zombie (3) appearing
from behind the crates.
- Back up the stairs you can examine the Plasma Filtration Canisters 2-3
monitor. It reads "System Activity Normal".
- Go down the stairs and jump over the railing and crouch under a pipe for
4 Armour Shards (28-31) and 1 Small Health (9).
- Surprisingly, you can jump unscathed onto the two main plasma streams and
get a new angle on the room. You can even leap from the railing onto the
large pipe to get yet another perspective.
- Open the door and enter Maintenance 2.
- Kill the Imp (40) to the left.
- Head up the stairs and follow the path to trigger 1 Wraith (5) in front of
you and another Wraith (6) behind you.
- This room strobes with a flashing light that can be a bit annoying. The
source of this light is not clear.
- Find 1 Large Shells (1) under the walkway.
- Go up the stairs, along the path and into Maintenance 3.
- A Maggot (13) teleports behind you and 2 Lost Souls (30-31) attack from
- Turn left and take the stairs down to trigger 3 Imps (41-43) who teleport
- Go right and duck under the stairs for 4 Armour Shards (32-35).
- See the locked Plasma Room Door - you'll come back here shortly after
you've visited Garage Exit and obtained the code (it's 734 if you are in
- The Heat Transfer Monitor Station is scanning the pipe network.
- Head the other way through the barrels and into the back right corner to
find 1 Large Health (7) and 1 Large Clips (11) on crates.
- Now head through the door to Garage Exit.
- Head around the corner and through the doorway as a cutscene takes over.
- The Bravo Team marine you saw hiding behind crates earlier approaches.
"Hey. Over here. We were hit. I don't know how much further I can go.
Here, take the Transmission Card. We can't stay here, it isn't safe. We
better move." A wraith appears and kills the marine.
- You have obtained the Military Transmission Card (1).
- You complete the mission
Locate The Military Transmission Card but aren't informed of this by
the game. Your mission has been changed to
Reach The Comm Center, again without
- Kill the Wraith (7).
- In the dark to the right trigger another Wraith (8).
- Head down the stairs and find Steve L. Hammer's PDA (3).
It contains 2 Emails (6-7) and 1 Audio Log (4). The audio log titled
Plasma Ammo Code reveals that the code to the
Plasma Storage Room is 734.
- Backtrack to Maintenance 3 and access the Security Door console and enter
code 734 and go into the Plasma Room - see below.
- Avoiding the burst pipes, go up the stairs to the "External Airlock
Access" and press "Cycle Airlock" and watch the "Compression Sequence" as
the airlock opens.
- Enter Airlock E-1 - see below.
- Kill the fat Zombie (4) to the right.
- Find the motherload - 1 Plasma Gun (2), 9 Small Plasma Cells (8-16), 1
Combat Armour (5), 3 Armour Shards (36-38), 1 Large Health (8) and 2 Small
- Return through Maintenance 3 and back to the Garage Exit - see above.
- Approach the panel and click to exit EnPro Plant facility and transfer to
- This completes the mission Reach The Comm Center although the game
does not inform you of this.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 1
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 2
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 0
- Large Bullet - 1
- Small Shell - 6
- Large Shell - 1
- Small Clip - 7
- Large Clip - 11
- Ammo Belt - 4
- Small Plasma Cell - 16
- Large Plasma Cell - 2
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 5
- Armour Shard - 38
- Small Health - 11
- Large Health - 8
- Emergency Medical Station - 2
- PDA - 3
- Email - 7
- Audio Log - 4
- Video Disk - 0
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 0
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 1
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 1
- Door Locks - 1
- Codes - 2
- Security Clearance Updates - 0
- Objectives - 1
- Characters - 0
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 43
- Lost Soul - 31
- Maggot - 13
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 8
- Zombie - 4
- Z-Sector Guard - 0
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0