10. Communications Transfer
- Climbing down the ladder to Airlock Hatch 1 from Maintenance Crawlspace is
a one way trip.
- Riding the lift up to Airlock Hatch 2 from Mars Surface  is a one way
- Riding the lift up to Service Tunnels from Airlock Hatch 2 is a one way
- Entering PRC - Support Area 1 Level  from Service Tunnels is a one way
- Entering Communications from Airlock C-1 in Communications Transfer is a
one way trip.
- There is a lot happening and you have little time due to air restrictions.
Once you know what needs to be done, you can comfortably do this area with
2-3 air canisters and take no damage.
- A jeep tears away through an open door that closes behind it.
- Meet and kill your first
- Find 1 Armour Shard (1) and 1 Small Shells (1) at the base of the crates.
- Climb the crates for 1 Large Plasma Cells (1).
- Stumble over 3 Armour Shards (2-4), 1 Large Health (1) and 1 Air Canister
(1) just before the steps.
- Find another Air Canister (2) near a pipe and another Air Canister (3) at
the bottom of the metal ramp.
- Jump over the left railing and follow a dirt path winding deep down into
the mars landscape.
- At the bottom find 1 Large Health (2), 1 Large Plasma Cells (2), 1
Adrenaline (1), 2 Armour Shards (5-6), 1 Small Bullets (1) and 1 Air
- Reverse your steps, racing back up the trail and onto the metal walkway.
- Follow the walkway, finding 1 Air Canister (5) near the left pipes at a
corner and 2 Air Canisters (6-7) piled together near where the jeep
- Run to the far end and hit "Cycle Airlock" and enter Airlock CT-1.
- Hit the "Cycle Airlock" button and start to breath easier - whew!
- Move forward and hear the incoming communication from Sergeant Kelly:
"Marine. Get your ass to the communications facility as quickly as
possible. You've got to get that message to the fleet."
- Enter Service Room 1A.
- Kill the Zombie (1) that gets up off the floor to make your acquaintance.
- Inch forward to trigger 1 Z-Sector Guard (1) from the doorway to the
right. Take his Machine Gun (1).
- As you mount the stairs the screen goes red and 2 Imps (1-2) and 1 Wraith
(1) teleport in, looking for trouble - one of the imps coming from behind.
- Find 2 Small Health (1-2) on the shelf to the right.
- Duck under the stairs for 4 Armour Shards (7-10) and 1 Large Health (3).
- Head up the stairs, enjoying the fancy machinery to the left.
- Turn right and enter the next room Service Room 1B.
- Enter the room to the sound of thumping.
- Kill the approaching Z-Sector Guard (2) and take his Shotgun (1).
- Move to the corner and find 1 Large Health (4) on a crate.
- The thumping is getting louder and more insistent as the room shakes with
- Pass a dead soldier and take the stairs down to another dead marine.
- Turn right and look at the third dead marine, combat armour and what
appears to be the source of the thumping.
- Collect the 1 Combat Armour (1) as your screen goes red and you get a
vision of an evil head bursting through the door and quickly retreating.
An evil voice utters something foreign (latin?).
- Kill the 2 Imps (3-4) that teleport in.
- Duck under the stairs to find 1 Large Health (5).
- Move under the walkway toward a terminal as an Imp (5) rolls out from
- Approach the Thermal Recovery Status screen. You can click "Scan" and see
some logging and file read/write, but nothing else seems to happen.
- Find 1 Large Clips (1) and 1 Small Shells (2) on a crate in the corner.
- Duck into Maintenance Crawlspace.
- Crawl towards a skeleton in a corner. Suddenly as you get close the
skeleton move and you hear the evil laugh again - some evil force is
toying with your nerves.
- In an alcove on the left is 1 Small Health (3).
- Head right toward a dead marine with 1 Shotgun (2) and 1 Small Shells (3).
- Crawl around the machine and into another tunnel as steam spouts up and
fills the tunnel.
- Collect 4 Armour Shards (11-14).
- Exit the tunnel and clunk the Zombie (2) over the head that comes at you
from the right.
- Find 1 Small Shells (4).
- Climb down the ladder to Airlock Hatch 1. This is a one way trip.
- Climb down to Mars Surface .
- This area is timed because you lose oxygen. You can comfortably do this
entire area with the air canisters provided. The key is to summon the
lift early while you are taking care of business elsewhere.
- Find 2 Armour Shards (15-16) and 1 Small Health (4) at your feet as you
step off the ladder.
- Kill the 3 approaching Trites (1-3).
- Follow the path. A Trite (4) appears from the 3 pipes at the corner.
- Turn left and find 1 Air Canister (8), 1 Small Health (5) and another 1
Air Canister (9) near the wall.
- Take out the 4 Trites (5-8) that attack from a small hole in front of you
and from the ceiling.
- Head around to the left past an Air Canister (10) before some crates.
- After the crates find 1 Small Health (6) and duck behind the crates for
another Air Canister (11).
- Run quickly over and down the hill and click "Call Lift" at the airlock
access to summon the lift - this takes some time, don't wait.
- Immediately run back up the hill and take out 5 Trites (9-13) that make
their way toward you.
- Now turn left and duck under the pipes and low ceiling and follow the wall
to the end.
- Find a small room that contains 1 Air Canister (12), 1 Large Health (6)
and 1 Small Shells (5).
- Race back to the lift and click "Raise Lift". It displays "Moving To Upper
Level" as you move up to Airlock Hatch 2. This is a one way trip.
- If you reload your game and take a trip down to the bottom of the hill,
you will find an abyss and a nice view of the martian sky, rock formations
and some buildings.
- The lift continues up through a door and deposits you in the Service
Tunnels. This is a one way trip.
- Don't move. Take out the Zombie (3) and a Z-Sector Guard (3) with a
Machine Gun (2) hiding behind a crate in the next room - don't collect his
- Notice the lift is disabled, the display reading "Lift Locked" and there
is a panel error.
- To the right is an alcove with 1 Armour Shard (17), 1 Small Health (7) and
1 Large Plasma Cells (3). Collecting them triggers the left wall to drop
revealing an angry Imp (6).
- The left alcove contains 1 Small Health (8) and 1 Small Shells (6).
- Now creep forward into the main room. There are several items in the room
but you should first address an issue overhead.
- Turn left and climb the ladder on the wall and enter the alcove. Take out
the Z-Sector Guard (4) with a Shotgun (3), 1 Imp (7) and a teleporting
Cacodemon (2) who's come to join the party.
- Find a Combat Armour (2) on a crate and then climb back down the ladder.
- Find 4 Armour Shards (18-21) near the "Mixom Tools" crates and 1 Armour
Shard (22) and 1 Small Shells (7) near three barrels.
- Enter the next room through the open doorway. Take out the Z-Sector Guard
(5) toting a Shotgun (4).
- Duck under the large garage door to the right for 2 Armour Shards (23-24)
and 1 Small Health (9).
- Head the other way and see a brief scend of a jeep travelling left to
right through some garage doors that close behind it.
- Kill the 3 Cacodemons (3-5) that teleport in.
- Around to the right of the T intersection find 1 Small Health (10).
- Head to the left toward the warehouse shelves, passing a door on the
- When you get to the back of the warehouse an Imp (8) is triggered behind
you. There's also a Wraith (2) hiding behind the boxes to the right -
smoke him out.
- On the right, you will find 1 Small Plasma Cells (1) on a crate, 1 Small
Plasma Cells (2) on the ground, 2 Armour Shards (25-26) and 1 Small
Bullets (2) behind the crates.
- On the left, you can climb the boxes and get onto a high shelf for 1 Small
Plasma Cells (3) and 1 Small Health (11).
- Spot a magazine at the bottom of a cardboard box: "Maxim Tools.
Beavertooth. Instruction And Safety Manual".
- On the back wall is an alcove you can crawl into for 4 Armour Shards
(27-30) and 1 Small Bullets (3).
- If you go up the stairs to the right you will see a locked security door
you don't yet have access to. Clicking shows "Invalid security clearance.
Authorised personnel of file Trans ENGR team: James Holiday".
- Head back to the door on the left to Service Room 2A.
- Don't move. To the right read "Storage 43" on the wall. To the left is a
wall with "Storage 42".
- In front of you is the body of James Holiday and beside him is his PDA.
James A. Holiday's PDA (1). It contains 2 Emails (1-2) and 1 Audio Log
(1). You will get a Security Clearance Update to
Comm Transfer Access (1). The door to the outside is temporarily
- The Storage 43 wall drops on the right. Kill your first
Chainsaw Zombie (4) and scoop up your first
Chainsaw - you've been
waiting for this moment!
- The Storage 42 wall drops on the left. Saw through the Chainsaw Zombie
- Buzzsaw the 3 Zombies (6-8) that come into the room from the outside, the
door works again.
- Find 3 Armour Shards (31-33) around the room, 4 Armour Shards (34-37) and
1 Large Health (7) in Storage 43 alcove, and a body and a chainsaw in
Storage 42 alcove.
- It's time to take the show on the road. Open the door and take out the
Chainsaw Zombie (9) outside.
- From this point forward the chainsaw should replace your fists and your
flashlight for choice of a melee combat weapon.
- Make your way over to the service door you couldn't access earlier. Click
to "Scan PDA security level" to get "Access Granted" as the door opens to
PRC - Support Area 1 Level . This is a one way trip.
- The door behind is disabled. The room goes dark .Hear eerie sounds as a
strange orange light flashes past periodically.
- Edge forward and trigger a Zombie (10) in the right alcove and another
Zombie (11) down the hall.
- Find 4 Armour Shards (38-41) in the alcove and 1 Large Shells (1).
- Head down the hall, collecting 1 Large Health (8). At the intersection
notice a locked security door to the left.
- Continue straight ahead and trigger an Imp (9). Pass over 1 Small Health
(12) and 1 Armour Shard (42).
- Do a 180, back up until a Pinky Demon (1) teleports in - chainsaw him in
- The lights go back on and the locked security door is unlocked.
- Turn back around and explore the rest of the area. It contains 3 dead
marines and an elevator. Clicking the panel results in some crackling
sounds and the display reads "Low power. Elevator service suspended".
- Exit through the security door to PRC Maintenance .
- An Imp (10) rolls in from the left. Around to the left find and decapitate
a Wraith (3).
- On two crates are 1 Large Shells (2) and 1 Small Health (13).
- If you look up you can see an upper section to this area - PRC Maintenance
 - you'll get there soon.
- On the wall is a number "40156042".
- Take the next door and churn through the Cacodemon (6) that descends from
- Enjoy your first view of fire and lava in the game. Careful you don't fall
in. Overhead are some plasma tracks - their purpose will become apparent.
- To the left find 1 Small Health (14) and in the back corner find 3 Armour
- Lookup as you near a ladder. Hear a pinky demon roar and then cross a
bridge overhead, its shadow cast on the back wall.
- Climb the ladder and take out the Cacodemon (7) that comes to play.
- Don't get too close to the plasma tracks, it does great damage.
- Duck under the stairs for 1 Large Clips (2) and 1 Small Health (15).
- Take the next set of stairs and near Transfer Station 2 to get assigned
a new objective
Service Lift (1).
- You can go left or right at this point.
- Take the left first. There is a locked security door to PRC - Sub System
Control. You will get there a different way.
- Take the set of stairs up to 1 Large Shells (3) and 1 Combat Armour (3)
on a crate. An Imp (11) is triggered behind you.
- Now take the right. Examine Transfer Station 2 before you. It reads
"Maintenance PDA clearance required. Access locked". A diagram shows the
service lift network that you can't access yet - I'll explain it later.
- Continue on through the door to PRC - Support Area 1 Level .
- An Imp (12) is feasting on a body in the liftwell. Take it out and the 2
Wraiths (4-5) that appear.
- The lift panel reads "Elevator Access Denied. System Malfunction".
- There's 1 Large Health (9) in the lift.
- You can go either left or right at this point.
- Take the left first. Collect 2 Armour Shards (46-47). When you get near
some boxes a Pinky Demon (2) will teleport behind you.
- At the end of the room is a dead body and 1 Large Clips (3) and 1 Small
Health (16) on a shelf. A wall panel falls off the wall onto the floor.
- Now head back the other way and take the right path.
- Head around the corner and approach the cool robotic arm and see it at
work. Ignore the door to the right momentarily.
- Head down the back and down a small ladder to trigger an Imp (13).
- Find 1 Large Shells (4) and 1 Large Health (10). Notice the unworldly red
growth or exoskeleton that occupies the area.
- Climb back up the ladder and open the door forward. Kill the Imp (14) that
leaps in through the doorway.
- Enter PRC Maintenance .
- A lantern casts its light upon the remnants of Ron Ridge. Collect
Ron I. Ridge's
PDA (2). It contains 2 Emails (3-4) and 1
Audio Log (2). Acquiring Ron's PDA also allows you to use the Service
- Underneath the stairs you will find 4 Armour Shards (48-51) and 1 Small
- Now approach Transfer Station 1 and click "Call lift to current station".
Hear "Service lift called to station". Watch the lift arrive.
- Examine the Service Lift Network Diagram below. The lift has 9 controls:
- Left / Right to rotate the lift 90 degrees in the desired direction.
- Up / Down to move the lift forward or backwards.
- Raise / Lower to raise or lower the lift.
- Move to Station 1,2, or 3 to go directly to the specified
- It is possible to reach much of the lift network on foot if you tread
carefully. It is much more fun to use the lift though. You cannot reach
the upper areas without the lift.
- Step onto the lift and rotate it and move it to point A. The alcove on the
left opens. Kill the Z-Sector Guard (6) with a Machine Gun (3) inside.
- Jump into the alcove and collect 4 Armour Shards (52-55), 1 Small Plasma
Cells (4) and 1 Large Health (11).
- Move the lift down toward Station 2 to trigger 1 Cacodemon (8) and shoot
it out of the sky.
- Back up to A again, turn left and raise the lift up to the upper balcony.
Look up to see the large fans overhead. This is the standard entrance to
the upper area. There are two other ways up via D or E.
- Exit the lift onto the balcony and go through the doors to PRC - Support
Area 2 Level - see below.
A D B C
| | |
| | |
| | |
o o----------o o----------o
Station1 | | Station 3
Loading | | Offload/Exit
o E x
o = Lift access available to these areas
x = Wicked weed has taken over this point
A = Standard access to upper walkway
B = Access to platform with disabled door
C = Secret alcove available by raising the lift
D = Alternate access to upper walkway
E = Alternate access to upper walkway
- Walk to the elevator. You can lower or raise the lift between this level
and the level below.
- Take the lift down and collect 1 Small Plasma Cells (5) and 1 Small
Health (18) on crates. The panel reads "Elevator Access Denied. System
- Open the door and head down the stairs and over to some crates that are
hiding a Combat Armour (4). You'll get to the platform over head later.
- Now head back inside and take the dodgy elevator back up.
- Exit the elevator and go left through the room and approach a dead marine
as an Imp (15) teleports behind you.
- Exit through the door to PRC Maintenance .
- Cross the walkway into the next door.
- Kill the Z-Sector Guard (7) holding a Shotgun (5) and 1 Imp (16).
- There's a body on the floor. You can go straight ahead or around to the
- Go straight ahead first. Kill the Chainsaw Zombie (12) around the corner.
- Approach the console - this completes the objective
- See the wicked weed overtaking the facility outside through the window.
Beyond you can see Station 3 and the red panel of a locked access door.
- The two transfer access computer screens contains some detailed
information. The left one shows a lockdown is in effect and "Clearance
code 73 user Campbell". The right one shows "Scheduled transfers".
- The "Security Station 01" monitor reads that "Security door control. Comm
Transfer. Area secure". Click "Open locked". Overhear "Maintenance outlet
now accessible". You can see that the access door panel through the glass
outside at Station 3 has turned from red to green.
- The Thermal Data Logging monitor has incoming data - more eye candy.
- Now go back and take the right path. Head out through the next door
- Collect 1 Large Plasma Cells (4) and 1 Large Health (12).
- Head across the walkway an in through the door to Unidentified.
- Kill the Pinky Demon (3) inside.
- Notice the "Elevator access denied. System malfunction" on the panel.
- Find an Emergency Medical Station (1) with 50 Health.
- Now retrace your steps all the way back through PRC Maintenance  and
PRC - Support Area 2 Level, back to the lift in PRC Maintenance .
- Lower the lift and move forward 3 units to B.
- Climb the railing and jump up to the platform you saw earlier. Collect
1 Small Plasma Cells (6) and 1 Small Health (19) on a crate. The door
nearby is disabled.
- Return to the lift and go forward 1 unit to C and raise the lift. Jump
over to the secret alcove on the left and collect 3 Armour Shards (56-58),
2 Small Plasma Cells (7-8) and 1 Combat Armour (5).
- Get back on the lift, lower it, turn right and move one unit forward.
Kill the Imp (17) that wakes up over to the right, beyond the ladder on
- Jump over to the ladder on the right. Head down to the bottom and find
2 Armour Shards (59-60) in one corner, 1 Small Health (20) and 1 Small
Shells (8) in another corner, and 1 Combat Armour (6) and 1 Large Clips
(4) on a trolley. Climb back up the ladder.
- Walk through the door to PRC - Sub System Control - see below.
- Now press "Move to Station 3 - Lift Exit".
- Step off the lift and kill the Cacodemon (9) that appears.
- Exit through the security door to PRC - Personnel Ready Area - see below.
- Saw through the approaching Zombie (13).
- Find 1 Large Clips (5) and 1 Small Health (21) on the floor as a Wraith
(6) drops in for a visit.
- Go up the stairs and snatch the 1 Combat Armour (7) on crates.
- Walk over to Security Door Control. It reads "Area Secure". Click "Open
Locked" and it will read "General Access. Area Unlocked". This will open
the door near you that blocked you from the other side earlier.
- Return back to the lift in PRC Maintenance  - see above.
- To your left is an Emergency Medical Station (2) with 50 Health and 1
Combat Armour (8).
- Move down the hall to the room with a door. Step into the room and the
floor immediately drops.
- Your eyes light up as you see your first Berserker (1).
- Before collecting it notice that there are 7 light coloured wall sections
in this underground room. As soon as you collect the Berserker, the 7
walls will lower revealing 11 Zombies (14-24) - go berserk.
- When you kill the 11th zombie three ledges will slide out forming stairs
up to the doorway out of here.
- Find 2 Armour Shards (61-62), 2 Armour Shards (63-64) and 1 Armour Shard
(65) in 3 of the 7 alcoves before leaving the area.
- Take the stairs and enter Service Room 3.
- Kill the Chainsaw Zombie (25) to the left.
- Approach the "External airlock access" and click "Cycle airlock" and enter
- Access the panel "Airlock Station 24" and click "Cycle airlock".
- Exit out to Mars Surface .
- Take out the 2 Cacodemons (10-11).
- To the left is a rock formation and buildings of the Communications level.
You can climb a ladder to the left up to get an areal view of the scene.
- Ahead you can see lights through the windows of the Skyway room in the
Communications level. Spot the airlock you are aiming for.
- To the right is a garage and a couple of large gas cylinders.
- In the area to the left you will find 3 Armour Shards (66-68), 1 Large
Health (13) and 2 Air Canisters (13-14).
- Race for the final "External airlock access" and click "Cycle airlock" and
enter Airlock C-1.
- This completes the mission
Reach The Communication Facility.
- Click to exit Communications Transfer and transfer to Communications.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Zombie - Chainsaw
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 5
- Machine Gun - 3
- Grenade - 0
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 0
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 3
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 8
- Large Shell - 4
- Small Clip - 0
- Large Clip - 5
- Ammo Belt - 0
- Small Plasma Cell - 8
- Large Plasma Cell - 4
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 8
- Armour Shard - 68
- Small Health - 21
- Large Health - 13
- Emergency Medical Station - 2
- PDA - 2
- Email - 4
- Audio Log - 2
- Video Disk - 0
- Air Canister - 14
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 1
- Berserker - 1
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 0
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 0
- Security Clearance Updates - 1
- Objectives - 1
- Characters - 0
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 11
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 17
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 3
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 13
- Wraith - 6
- Zombie - 25
- Z-Sector Guard - 7
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0