13. Recycling Sector 2
- In Underground Hazard, once you trigger the Mancubus cutscene, you can't
return to the previous part of Underground Hazard again.
- In the Underground Upper Levels, entering the caged elevator is a one way
trip and you cannot return there again or to Underground Hazard.
- Clicking to exit Recycling Sector 2 and transfer to Monorail at the end
of the level is a one way trip.
- Read the Intro: Recycling Sector 2 as the level
- Notice the "6836" written on the bay door.
- You mission has changed to
Locate The Entrance To The Monorail Station.
- Exit the bay door. It closes behind you.
- Try to climb the broken stairs in front of you to the catwalk above and
the stairs break and you hear an evil laugh.
- Find a Combat Armour (1) on the shelf outside the inner office.
- Enter the office and collect Jeffery R. Moen's PDA (1) on
the computer console by the Filtration Pump System monitor. It contains 2
- Find an Emergency Medical Station (1) with 75 Health on the wall.
- Approach the Primary System console. It reads "Operation Suspended". Press
"Reactivate Primary Pump Systems".
- Suddenly, the door out of the office comes down sealing you in the office.
On the 3 working monitors in the room, Betruger comes on screen.
"Making progress are we? And in such a hurry to find us. To find me.
There's no need to rush. I am everywhere and everything here is mine".
"... bring this hell to earth. You won't live to see it and you will die
long before you have a chance to warn them".
- If you chose to transmit the distress message in Communications
- We thank you for alerting the fleet, for warning them. You're such
a fool. They're racing here. Racing to us and we are waiting.
Waiting for them to fall into their worst nightmare. They will join
my legion. And with their ships I will ...
- If you chose to cancel the distress message in Communications
- It is a pity you did not alert the fleet. But it is of no
consequence. I will alert them myself. They will come to the rescue
and be consumed by my legion. We will use their ships to ...
- During Betruger's rant you will notice the arm of an imp to the left of
of Betruger. Yep. He's definitely a bad guy.
- Also during Betruger's speech you can watch the an imp crawl across the
glass from left to right and disappear out of sight.
- The screen now reads "Normal Operation. Pump Active".
- Outside 4 Imps (1-4) teleport in one after another. The first imp breaks
the glass allowing you to get out of the office.
- Hear "Attention. An issue in Pump Station 1B".
- To the left of the spinning red light , climb on the pump and let it lift
you up. Jump over the the catwalk.
- Hear "Warning. Air filtration system offline".
- Betruger: "There's nothing left for you but a slow death as your lungs
fill with toxic gases".
- To the right is a disabled door that will open shortly. There's also a
pressure gauge that flickers between 428-429 PSI.
- Head to the left. Check out the pumping station at work. Green toxic
gases are coming in through two vents behind the machines and another
vent across the room.
- Open the door to Hall 1B and step aside as an Imp (5) leaps out at you.
- Another Imp (6) comes through the door.
- Behind you, an Imp (7) appears from the disabled door that is now open.
Go back and enter Pump Station 1B Closet - see below.
- Enter the door to Hall 1B - see below.
- Find 1
Large Rockets (1), 3 Small Clips (1-3) and 1 Large Health (1).
- Return out to Pump Station 1B - see above.
- Trigger 2 Lost Souls (1-2) as a metal panel falls off the wall to the
- Enter the next room Monorail Access.
- Hear "Attention. Due to the threat of external contamination, hazard doors
- You can hear the rasping breathing of imps.
- Move forward to get assigned the objective
Hazard Doors Sealed (1).
- Inch forward and trigger 2 Imps (8-9), one in front, one behind.
- Find the Rocket Launcher (1) on the floor.
- Approach Storage Locker 003 and enter the code 483 as was indicated in
Nick Sadowayj's email. Find a nice stash of 1 Large Plasma Cells (1), 1
Large Shells (1), 4 Large Clips (1-4) and 1 Combat Armour (2).
- Approach the large monorail door. The panel reads "Transfer bay access.
High toxic levels detected. Area sealed". A red sign above the door reads
"Warning: High toxicity levels".
- Green gas enters the room from the vent overhead. Looks like you've got to
do another mop up operation before unlocking this door.
- There's a disable door across the room - you will come through it from the
other side at the end of the level.
- Find Large Clips (5) by a crate.
- Head down past the barrels into Gas Pump 1.
- Kill the Imp (10) that appears.
- A bit further you will hear Betruger: "You will never escape me. Your soul
will be mine."
- In front a Zombie (1) comes while behind a Revenant (1) makes its presence
- After the revenant drops, 2 Lost Souls (3-4) appear.
- Hear more unusual sounds.
- You can climb onto the noisy pump for a Combat Armour (3).
- Find an Emergency Medical Station (2) with 50 Health.
- Your character coughs due to the omnipresent toxic fumes.
- To the right of the exit read a sign: "Danger. Do not enter. Authorised
- Ignore the warning and enter Storage Hall 1.
- Head left and take out the Imp (11) around the corner.
- Find 1 Combat Armour (4) on a crate, 1 Small Plasma Cells (1) on the floor
and 1 Large Clips (6) on a shelf.
- Past the shelves hear a strange gurgling sound.
- Open the next door to Pipe Maintenance 1.
- Kill the Imp (12) that drops from the ceiling.
- Go back to the previous room and eradicate a Revenant (2). Find 2 Small
Plasma Cells (2-3) in the alcove he came out of. Head forward again.
- Hear "Warning. Danger level yellow. Unsafe toxicity level detected".
- See a "Caution: No smoking" sign.
- Go down the stairs then toward the barrel in front of you, near a locked
- Turn right and kill the Revenant (3) down the end.
- Walk forward until you trigger an Imp (13) through the locked door.
- Enter the small room and take the 1 Small Rockets (1) and 1 Large Health
- Behind the stairs you will find 1 Ammo Belt (1).
- If you go back upstairs to Storage Hall 1, you will find it occupied by
an irate Imp (14).
- Head back downstairs, past the pipes network and turn left at the danger
- A Zombie (2) comes out from an alcove to the right as the wall drops. Take
1 Small Shells (1) from the alcove.
- Move forward and take out 2 Zombies (3-4) and an Imp (15).
- Walk toward the pipes in Central Pipes Junction.
- Trigger a Revenant (4) to the left of the wall of pipes before you.
- Take the left path, around the corner and straight ahead past the branch
to the right.
- When you get near a large sealed door you get assigned the objective
Containment Chamber (2).
- The windows are translucent orange. At the door hear "Access suspended.
- Opposite the foor in the dark is an Emergency Medical Station (3) with 82
- Head back and take the path you bypassed before.
- Follow the path up some steps until you are attacked by an Imp (16) to the
- Straight ahead leads back to the entrance into this area, you walk through
more toxic gases and cough.
- Take the path where the imp was and you will trigger 2 Lost Soul (5-6)
that teleport in for a dirty weekend.
- Enter the opening between the mesh fence to Storage Room 1.
- Trigger and Imp (17) and a Revenant (5).
- Find 2 Small Clips (4-5) on a shelf to the left.
- Near a barrel find 1 Large Clips (7), 1 Combat Armour (5) near two
cardboard boxes and 1 Large Health (3) on a crate.
- Open the door to Hazard Room Maintenance.
- Head around the corner. In teleport 2 Imps (18-19), one behind you in an
alcove, blowing out a metal plate, the other from the door in front of
- Collect the Grenades (1) in the alcove.
- Enter the door to Hazardous Material Control.
- Hack the Zombie (5) to the left.
- Take the 1 Small Plasma Cells (4) and 1 Large Health (4) off the shelf.
- Notice the Emergency Medical Station (4) with 100 Health on the side wall.
- Look into the Hazardous Material room through the windows.
- Approach the Environmental control. REad "DCL processing failure. CL2
levels are above acceptable threshold. Flush and vent area immediately".
Press "Vent containment chamber". The panel now reads "Venting
Successful. Toxic levels nominal. Please allow 2 hours before activating
DCL processing. Area clear".
- Clicking the "Activate DCL processing" option flashes the allow two hours
- The orange haze through the windows has dispersed.
- The metal wall to the right blows off and 3 Imps (20-22) drop in one after
- To the left a Zombie (6) slowly makes its way to you.
- This completes the objective Containment Chamber. Hear "Access
- Exit back to Hazard Room Maintenance and then Storage Room 1.
- Hear Betruger: "Destroy him". and 2 Lost Souls (7-8) appear.
- Enter Central Pipes Junction.
- Walk down and Trigger a Zombie (7) to the left and a Revenant (6) to the
- Head toward the Hazardous Material room. When you get near the door an
Imp (23) will roll out from the left and a Revenant (7) will appear behind
you around the corner.
- Enter the door to Hazardous Material.
- A Revenant (8) comes through the next door.
- There's an Ammo Belt (2) and 1 Small Shells (2) by a body on the right.
- Hear some weird gurgling noises.
- Enter the next room to Underground Access Hall 1.
- More strange sound are heard. See a "Confined walkway" sign.
- Go down the stairs to trigger your first Cherub (1) in an alcove to the right.
- Then tackle 7 Cherubs (2-8) that come one after the other from down the
- Follow the path triggering an Imp (24) who comes through the next door
around the corner.
- Find an Emergency Medical Station (5) with 75 Health in an alcove.
- On a shelf is 1 Large Clips (8). Behind 2 barrels is a Combat Armour (6).
- Enter the door to the Lower Levels Access.
- As you take the first flight of stairs, an Imp (25) comes down the stairs
and another Imp (26) comes from behind you through the door you came in
- Take the 1 Large Clips (9) off the shelf.
- Take the next flight of stairs and trigger a Revenant (9).
- Enter the door at the top of the stairs to Lower Lift Area.
- Notice the sign "Biohazard. Authorised personnel only".
- Walk over to the panel and call the lift. Listen to cherub noises below.
- Walk onto the lift and lower it to the floor below.
- Hear "Warning. Danger level orange. Unsafe toxicity level detected".
- Kill the 2 Cherubs (9-10) that attack.
- Head through the open doorway on the right. Take out the Cherub (11) on
- Find an Ammo Belt (3) nearby.
- Head down the broken stairs.
- At the bottom find 1 Large Health (5) and 8 Armour Shards (1-8).
- Walk forward to Underground Hazard.
- Hear a horrible growling noise every few seconds - what the hell is that?
- Go forward and around the corner, grabbing 1 Small Clips (6) and 1 Small
Shells (3) in a corner.
- Follow the path until you see a door that opens out to a much larger room
with a dirt floor.
- Once you step onto the dirt floor, the door behind you closes and a
cutscene takes over - this is a one way trip. You will not be able to
enter the room you left again. You will be able to get back to the Lower
Lift Area though.
- The cutscene shows you your first Doom 3 mancubus. The mancubus heads
butts its way out of a large pipe, breaking 3 smaller pipes. The door
locks behind you and the game moves you out closer to the mancubus!
- To your right is a walkway. There is a ramp at the end that will lower
once you kill all the enemies in this area.
- I suggest chain gun as a weapon against the mancubus. Continually strafe
back and forth and you will find it relatively easy to avoid its attacks.
The mancubus moves slow so you can easily locate yourself where you want
in relation to it.
- Kill the Mancubus (1)
and another Mancubus (2) that is approaching from the back left while you
are in heated battle with the first.
- A third Mancubus (3) joins the fun, destroy it.
- Kill 4 Cherubs (12-15) that teleport in after the mancubus destruction is
- Search the area and find 4 Armour Shards (9-12) and 1 Large Health (6) in
a back alcove.
- Then find 1 Large Health (7), 1 Small Clips (7) and 1 Small Rockets (2).
- Near the ramp find 1 Large Health (8).
- Be careful not to stay in this green hazed toxic area for too long. The
toxicity level is rising and after a few minutes you will begin to take
damage that you can only avoid by going up the ramp.
- Head up the ramp and walk the catwalk and kill 2 Cherubs (16-17) that
attack from left of the door.
- Find 2 Large Clips (10-11), 5 Armour Shards (13-17) and an Emergency
Medical Station (6) with 100 Health.
- Enter the next room to the Underground Upper Levels.
- Kill the 2 Cherubs (18-19) that attack.
- Press "Call lift". Enter the caged elevator - this is a one way trip.
- Hear Betruger: "Death will not be your end. Your sould will burn in hell
- Raise the lift and hear "Warning. Danger level red. Lethal toxicity level
- As the lift stops at the top and the cage opens, you start to take toxic
- Exit quickly to Main Environmental Control.
- Notice the lift drops as you step out and the panel to summon the lift is
- You will have to move quick in this section because you take damage until
you get the air filtration system going.
- Find 4 Large Health (9-12), 3 Small Clips (8-10) and 2 Small Plasma Cells
(5-6) on a rack to the right.
- Go left and at the 1st Environmental Control panel read "DCL processing
failure. CL2 levels are above acceptable thresholds. Flush and vent area
immediately". Press "Cycle Vent 1". Hear "Air straddle 1 of 3 activated".
- Move to the 2nd Environmental Control panel and press "Cycle Vent 2". Hear
"Air straddle 2 of 3 activated".
- Move to the 3rd Environmental Control panel and press "Cycle Vent 3". Hear
"Attention. Air filtration system online. Toxicity level decreasing". This
completes the objective Hazard Doors Sealed.
- Read the display "Venting successful. Toxic levels nominal. Please allow 2
hours before activating DCL processing. Area clear". If you click
"Activate DCL processing" this text will flash and nothing will happen.
- Kill the Revenant (10) beyond the stairs that objects to your presence and
tries to remove it from the room.
- Head up the steps and toward the door.
- Near the body, collect Scott P. Johnson's PDA (2). It contains 1
Email (3). The email titled
RE: Locked Armaments reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 003 is 483. You already have this information from the
previous level and you've already opened the cabinet.
- Find 1 Small Health (1) by a crate.
- Now enter the door to Monorail Access.
- You are back to the room you were in much earlier in the level.
- You can retrace your steps all the way back through the level again and
look for anything new or different. You will find an Imp (27) on the
stairs at Lower Levels Access. When you reach the Lower Lift Area and go
down the stairs, a huge pipe will fall and block your way forward to
Underground Hazard. Return to Monorail Access.
- Press the panel by the bay doors to "Unlock bay door".
- Enter and click to exit Recycling Sector 2 and transfer to Monorail.
- This completes the mission
Locate The Entrance To The Monorail Station.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 1
- Chain Gun - 0
- Plasma Gun - 0
- Rocket Launcher - 1
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 0
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 3
- Large Shell - 1
- Small Clip - 10
- Large Clip - 11
- Ammo Belt - 3
- Small Plasma Cell - 6
- Large Plasma Cell - 1
- Small Rocket - 2
- Large Rocket - 1
- BFG Cell - 0
- Combat Armour - 6
- Armour Shard - 17
- Small Health - 1
- Large Health - 12
- Emergency Medical Station - 6
- PDA - 2
- Email - 3
- Audio Log - 0
- Video Disk - 0
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 0
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 1
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 1 (information repeated from a previous email)
- Security Clearance Updates - 0
- Objectives - 2
- Characters - 0
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 19
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 27
- Lost Soul - 8
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 3
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 10
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 7
- Z-Sector Guard - 0
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0