16. Delta Labs Level 2A
- Stepping on the teleporter pad and clicking to exit Delta Labs Level 2A
and teleporting to Delta Labs Level 2B is a one way trip.
- See the large "UAC Biological Research" panel blown off the wall as steam
issues from a vent. Some bad shit has been going down here.
- To the left is another elevator with a panel reading "System Offline".
- Do a clockwise circuit of the room.
- The other elevator door opens and a voice "Over here" summons you to enter
the lift. Don't be fooled and plunge to your death down the elevator
- Collect 1 Large Clips (1) as an Imp (1) teleports in for business.
- Continue around the corner. An Imp (2) emerges from a floor grate and
another Imp (3) challenges you from next corner.
- Hear some horrible noises as you bypass the door out this area.
- Find 1 Combat Armour (1) and 1 Large Health (1) on a trolley.
- Find 3 Armour Shards (1-3) back near the start.
- Now open the door to Main Lobby .
- You are treated to a vision of a room with bloody walls and skeletons.
- Kill the 2 Imps (4-5) that appear from the ceiling and the left pillar and
toast the Commando Zombie (1) who drops in. Dispense with the Zombie (2)
bringing up the rear.
- See a walkway overhead - you'll get there soon.
- To the right, down the steps is 1 Small Shells (1) and 5 Armour Shards
(4-8) behind the wall of computers.
- Head straight ahead to the computers behind the desk. Find 2 Small Health
(1-2) on the desk.
- Notice the UAC symbol on the back wall. That is actually a secret
compartment that is opened by clicking a panel hidden on the bottom left
side of the desk. The red panel reads "Open security hatch. Security
items are for emergency use only".
- Click the button and collect the 1 Shotgun (1), 1 Small Shells (2), 1
Grenades (1) and 1 Combat Armour (2) in the open hatch.
- Now go through the left door to the Bathroom.
- Hear the running water and the breathing sounds.
- Go straight in past the urinals and take out the Zombie (3) sitting
passively on the toilet in the 2nd cubicle - with the door open!
- Collect 4 Armour Shards (9-12) and 1 Shotgun (2).
- Jump on the toilet the zombie vacated. Jump and look into the locked
cubicle - fortunately there is noone in there.
- Head back for the door and trigger 2 Imps (6-7).
- Exit back to the Main Lobby .
- Kill the 2 Imps (8-9) that now occupy the room.
- Head over to the elevator panel and summon the lift. Enter the Elevator
- Press "Level 2 - Archives".
- Exit the lift to Main Lobby .
- Move forward and kill the Commando Zombie (4) that comes through the next
- By a decapitated marine is 1 Machine Gun (1) and 1 Small Clips (1).
- There is 1 Small Clips (2) by the right wall. Collecting it triggers the
right wall to drop, revealing an Imp (10) inside, guarding a Combat Armour
- Take the next door to the Front Hallway.
- Open the next door to the Records Office.
- Kill the 3 Zombies (5-7) that emerge from different parts of the room and
then the 1 Commando Zombie (8) that is summoned.
- To the left of the door on seats is 1 Grenades (2) and 1 Large Health (2).
- To the right, on a desk is Peter N. Raleigh's PDA (1). It contains 2
Emails (1-2) and 2 Audio Logs (1-2).
- Find 1 Small Shells (3) on another desk.
- Take 2 Small Clips (3-4) from a desk and trigger a Commando Zombie (9)
from the previous room.
- Go down the steps. See a body in through the glassed section with goodies
- First go left past a cardboard box and trigger a Zombie (10).
- Now jump on the box and then into the glassed room. Collect 1 Large Plasma
Cells (1), 2 Small Plasma Cells (1-2) and 1 Rocket Launcher (1).
- Jump on the overturned computer to exit this inner office. Take out the 2
Zombies (11-12) that are triggered from the next room as you leave the
- Head toward the next door. Find an Emergency Medical Station (1) with 83
Health on the wall.
- Storage Locker 113 is open and has 2 Small Bullets (1-2).
- Storage Locker 112 is locked and you won't get the code for it until you
pick up Frank A. Cinders's PDA later this level -
you'll come back then.
- Exit through the door to Office Hallway.
- Hear the wiley Betruger: "Making progress are we? Your journey is futile.
You will die. Your soul will be mine".
- Find 1 Machine Gun (2) and 1 Small Clips (5) by a dead marine.
- In the next room you can hear a chaingun zombie pacing back and forth so
- Open the door to Central Corridor.
- Take out 2 Chaingun Zombies (13-14) and 1 Revenant (1). Scoop up the 2
Chain Guns (1-2) generously left behind.
- Notice the green emissions on either side of you.
- At the crossroads note that the left door takes you to "Operations. Delta
Labs Sector 2. Personnel Records Storage" while the right door takes you
to "Security - Bio Labs. Delta Labs Sector 3. Security Office Research
Labs". Both doors are locked at the moment. They will open later.
- Behind 2 crates find 1 Ammo Belt (1).
- Head down to the door at the end. The broken panel to the right of the
door reads "Teleporter access. Delta Labs Sector 4. Control bank staging
- Despite what the panel says, you can open the door to Teleporter Control
- A trail of blood leads to a dead marine and 1 Large Health (3).
- To the right is a pile of boxes and your way forward through the steam.
- Jump the Ster-X box and collect the shotgun (3) by a severed torseau.
- Go right and open a door around the corner. It is stuck partially open
and you can see into the next room where flame is shooting out from the
wall and wires are dangling down.
- Go back the other way and open the door into the Teleporter Control Lab
- Meet and hear what I. McCormick has to say. He feels guilty about
his involvement in the teleportation experiments and wants to make amends.
- You are assigned the objective
Powerup The Teleporter (1).
- I. McCormick uses his security clearance to open the 2 locked doors back
in Central Corridor for you.
- There is a Pistol (1) on the computer console by a video disk. I.
McCormick will give you the video disk once you complete the mission he
- There are several computer screens overhead. Examine each of them. Here
is what you read on
I. McCormick's Computers.
- Click on the laptop to "Download The Report". This downloads the Email
The Soul Cube to your PDA. This email explains how you use the Soul
Cube. You won't get the Soul Cube until a later level.
- There's an Emergency Medical Station (2) with 62 Health on the left hand
side of the room.
- Ignore the door to Decon Test Chamber for now - you'll go there at the
end of the level after retrieving the plasma inducer.
- Head back to the Central Corridor. Meet a Chaingun Zombie (15) and swipe
its Chain Gun (3) in Teleporter Control Lab  when you open the door to
Central Corridor. A Revenant (2) teleports in afterwards.
- Take the Delta Labs Sector 2 door into the West Hallway.
- Kill the Imp (11) feasting on a dead marine.
- Find 1 Shotgun (4) and 1 Small Shells (4) on the floor.
- Open the door to Delta Operations .
- Kill the Imp (12) that attacks.
- Go left around the corner and into the room.
- Take out a Commando Zombie (16) from around to the left.
- Find 1 Small Health (3) on a bench.
- Look up a and see a catwalk above - you'll get up there later.
- There is a disabled elevator "Elevator Access Denied. System
Malfunction". That problem too will be fixed later.
- Head back the other way, following the passage until you get to a block
of offices. All of the offices are locked. They will open up much later
in the level. Look into each room to see what is going on.
- On the left read "Delta Administration Office. Office D2-13 Rescoe, Steve.
Operations Tech. Status: Relocated. Area locked". Steve Rescoe is a Mapper
and Designer for id.
- On the right look through the window to see a zombie munching on a
body. The door panel reads "Delta Administration Office. Office D2-14
Hooper, Matt. Operations Tech. Status: In. Area locked". Matt Hooper is a
Mapper and Designer for id.
- Edge forward as a side panel falls off onto the floor and an Imp (13)
teleports behind you.
- The next door panel reads "Delta Administration Office. Office D2-15
Blackwell, Mal. Operations Tech. Status: Relocated. Area locked". Mal
Blackwell is a Mapper and Designer for id.
- A leg is dangling out of a broken window to Mal's office. Jump through the
window for 6 Armour Shards (12-18) and
Frank A. Cinders's PDA (2). It contains 2 Emails (4-5) and 1 Audio Log
(3). The email titled your lunch reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 112 is 538.
- Further down the hall on the right before the stairs, the next door panel
reads "Delta Administration Office. Office D2-16 Antkow, Christian.
Operations Tech. Status: Relocated. Area locked". Christian Antkow is a
Mapper and Sound Designer for id. Inside, a zombie gets of the cot and
comes to the door and tries to eat you through the glass.
- At the twin stairs, there are 2 computers. Duck between the right computer
and the stairs and duck under the stairs to find 1 Large Plasma Cells (2)
and 1 Combat Armour (4). Exit and climb the stairs.
- The next door panel reads "Delta Administration Office. Office D2-17
Keehan, Jerry. Operations Tech. Status: In. Area locked". Jerry Keehan is
the Lead Designer for id. A fat zombie inside the office is banging his
bloody head against the glass and farting.
- Head up the steps to the panel "Records. Storage archives. Ops archives.
Status closed. Locked".
- You get assigned the objective Terminate Lockdown (2).
- Now head back to the Central Corridor, killing 2 Imps (14-15) that have
spawned along the way.
- Take a detour back to the Records Office - see below.
- Take the Delta Labs Sector 2 door into the East Hallway see below.
Storage Locker 112 and enter code 538.
- The open locker contains 1 Shotgun (5), 5 Armour Shards (19-23) and 4
Small Plasma Cells (3-6).
- Return to Central Corridor - see above.
- Enter the next door to East Lobby.
- See the lovely sight of one zombie feasting on another. Make a meal of
all 3 Zombies (17-19) that attack.
- Behind 2 crates find 1 Grenades (3), 1 Combat Armour (4) and 1 Small
- See the toxic fumes in through the windows to the right.
- Find 1 Small Clips (6) further on.
- Turn right and examine the disabled door. Hear "Warning. Halon system
activated. Access denied". Read "Warning. Halon system activated. Security
lockdown in effect. Contact maintenance". This door will open later.
- Enter the opposite door to Delta Bio Labs Lobby.
- Follow the trail of blood until you hear a zombie chomping on a marine
behind a desk.
- Kill the Zombie (20) and 2 Imps (16-17) that teleport in.
- Find 4 Armour Shards (24-27) and 1 Large Health (4) behind the computers
and 1 Large Clips (2) on the reception desk.
- Head for the steps. Jump over the left railing and duck under the stairs
for 1 Combat Armour (5).
- Climb back out and open the next door to Examination Room D2-1.
- Kill the Zombie (21) right in your face when you open the door.
- Follow the path around and in through the glass door.
- Spiflicate the 4 Zombies (22-25) that emerge from around the room.
- Look at the computer screen on the bench to the left. An audio medical
report file is playing. Hear the sad video disk
Medical Report 16-8 (1) on poor Steve
- Read the screen. "Delta Labs 2 - Science Team 7. Current User Raleigh, P.
Science team supervisor. Administration station". You can examine both
October And November Reports.
- Notice the drugs in cabinets and the body parts on the slab.
- In the left corner is a panel that reads "Open security hatch. Security
items are for emergency use only". Click on it and to the right a wall
lowers and an Emergency Medical Station (3) with 83 Health appears. Back
near the entrance a hatch has opened, revealing 3 Small Plasma Cells
(7-9), 1 Shotgun (6) and 1 Small Shells (5).
- Take the next door to Delta Junction 2.
- Walk past the dangling wires and around the corner and kill an Imp (18)
and then another Imp (19) teleporting behind you.
- Go up the steps and past the dead scientist.
- Hear an imp in the next room. Open the door to Hazardous Materials.
- See an opening high on the back wall with a body hanging out on a ledge
and some goodies near it. The body gets dragged into the opening. There is
also a ledge on this side of the room.
- Take out the 2 Zombies (26-27) on the left and then the 2 Imps (20-21)
that teleport in.
- The security door opposite the entrance is jammed and won't open. You will
get there another way.
- Where the zombies came from are some crates with 1 Small Rockets (1) on
the floor and 1 Small Clips (7) and 2 Armour Shards (28-29) on a crate.
- On the left wall are 9 positions for cryo storage bins.
- When you first approach the Cryo Storage Bin panel, 2 Imps (22-23) attack
from the previous room.
- The panel reads "Loader ready. Select bin to extract. Ready to extract".
There are 9 numbers you can elect to press. You are facing Doom 3's first
puzzle. Basically you need to find a way to get up to the left and right
- When you click a number that has a cryobin, a large machine suspended from
the ceiling will retrieve the bin and deposit on a platform in front of
you. When you click a number corresponding to an empty cryo slot, the
machine will pick up the bin and place it in that slot. You can actually
jump onto the bin and hitch a free ride and jump off at the propitious
- Click 1. After retrieval, click 1 again and jump on the cryobin in front
of you for a ride and jump off onto the left ledge at the right time. Duck
into Maintenance Duct 31 - see below.
- Now approach the Cryo Storage Bin panel and click 3. After retrieval,
click 3 again and jump on the cryobin in front of you for a ride and jump
off onto the right ledge at the right time.
- Collect the Backpack (1) and 1 Small Plasma Cells (10) by the duct.
- Duck into Maintenance Duct 32 - see below.
- Crawl through the duct and find 2 Large Health (5-6), 5 Armour Shards
(30-34) and 1 Large Plasma Cells (3).
- Exit out of the duct, go left and drop down to the floor below, taking
9 points of damage - see above.
- Crawl through to the T intersection. Go left for 2 Small Health (5-6) and
2 Small Bullets (3-4).
- Hear some strange sounds.
- Go right and drop through the hole into Delta Security Junction.
- Kill the 2 Imps (24-25) down the end of the corridor.
- You are now on the other side of the jammed door you saw earlier.
- Beside you is the long awaited office of Chief M. Abrams. Through the
window you can see a BFG 9000 rotating seductively inside a glass chamber.
- Click on the panel and enter the door code 931 as discovered way back in
Alpha Labs Sector 4, on Chief M. Abrams's PDA.
- Enter the door to the Office M. Abrams - see below.
- Follow the corridor and open the door to Delta Security - see below.
- To the left of the door is 1 Large Health (7).
- Behold the mighty BFG 9000 behind a glass chamber, spinning majestically.
- The panel on the wall reads "UAC Weapons research. BFG-9000 prototype.
- Click the panel and go weak at the knees as you collect the
- Exit the office - see above.
- Approach the laptop on the left. It reads "Current user Brasky, B. Science
team 7 MD". Select the option "Report Filing Station. Access Last
Report". Read "New Report Filed. Dr. Raleigh requested military supplies
placed in a storage locker in case of emergency. A security team member
delivered the supplies today and secured them in locker 116. The lock code
was set as 972. REPORT UPLOAD ACCEPTED 11-14-45".
- This uber cryptic report reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 116 is 972.
- With this useful information approach Storage Cabinet 116 and enter the
code 972 and squeal with delight as you collect your first
BFG Cells (1), 1
Plasma Gun (1), 1 Combat Armour (6) and 1 Large Health (8).
- Now approach the Fire Suppression System console and click "Activate
oxygen purge". Hear "Halon systems deactivated". Read "Caution. Contact
maintenance for halon system reset. Work safe. Halon system deactivated".
- This allows you to exit through the next door.
- In the back left corner by the wall computers find 1 Small Plasma Cells
- Go down the steps and find 1 Combat Armour (7) to the right.
- On the desk, the laptop to the right reads "Security terminal. Delta Labs
2 access. Sector 2 doors open. General access. Security override
initiated remotely by user B. Smith. Sector 3 doors open".
- Collect the 1 Large Health (9) by the left laptop. It reads "Security
terminal. Delta Labs 2 access. Office doors locked. Area sealed. Click on
"Unlock offices. Unlock Ops Archive" to unlock all areas back in Delta
Labs Sector 2, where you were earlier - the zombies are now free to roam.
Both computers now read "Security override processed successfully".
- This completes the objective Terminate Lockdown.
- An Imp (26) is triggered from the next room.
- Exit out to the East Lobby and head back toward Central Corridor.
- There's no rest for the wicked, dispense with the spawned Revenant (3)
and Imp (27).
- Head through the Delta Labs 2 door and back to Delta Operations .
- Kill the 5 Zombies (28-32) that have been released from their cells.
- Enter Steve Rescoe's office. Find 1 Combat Armour (8) to the right and
1 Large Health (10), 1 Small Plasma Cells (12) and 1 Small Clips (8) to
- Find 1 Small Shells (6) near the filing cabinets.
- Pick up
Phil W. Wilson's PDA (3). It contains 1 Email (6) and 1 Audio Log
- Except for Mal Blackwell's office, all the other offices are devoid of
items. Head to the end, up the stairs and into Delta Operations .
- Walk to the corner. Kill the Zombie (33) that approaches.
- Head past the boxes until the left wall drops, revealing an Imp (28). In
front of you take out 2 Zombies (34-35).
- In the alcove find 3 Armour Shards (35-37) and 1 Small Plasma Cells (13).
- Locate 1 Large Health (11) at the end before the stairs.
- Head up the stairs and kill 4 Zombies (36-39) ambling your way.
- Enter the office D2-20 of Andy Chang - Operations Clerk. Find 1 Grenades
(4) on seats to the right and 1 Pistol (2) and 1 Small Bullets (5) on the
desk in front of you.
- Exit out of the office. Find 5 Armour Shards (38-42) on the back of the
- Open the door marked "Server D24" to Operations Server Room - see below.
- Take the next door to Delta Operations  - see below.
- Turn right and take the Plasma Inducer.
- Storage Locker 115 is wide open. Take the 2 Small Shells (7-8) and 2 Small
- Now approach Storage Locker 114. Examine the right side of the cabinet.
A post-it note has 7-1-5 written on it. This reveals that the code to
Storage Locker 114 is
- Collect 1 Backpack (2), 1 Combat Armour (9) and 1 Large Clips (3).
- Exit back to Delta Operations  - see above.
- Kill the 2 Zombies (40-41) doing a shuffle.
- You are overlooking a room you were in earlier with the jammed elevator.
- Collect 1 Combat Armour (10) near the railing.
- You can see the cause of the elevator jam - a cardboard box is preventing
the elevator from closing. Push the box out of the way.
- Enter the Elevator .
- Click 1-Lobby.
- Exit out to Delta Operations .
- Head for the way out of the area and the path back to I. McCormick in
Teleporter Control Lab . You have a Plasma Inducer for him.
- Meet 3 Zombies (42-44) at the West Hallway, a favourite gathering place
- Associate with 2 Commando Zombies (45-46) running in from the right in
- Now you can return unaccosted to Teleporter Control Lab .
- Hear "Decontamination process started". See a machine spray you with a
red gas. Hear "Decontamination complete. Have a nice day".
- Enter the door to Teleporter Chamber.
- Find a stash of 4 Machine Guns (3-6) and 1 Combat Armour (11) on the
- Head right out to a big chamber - see the blue charges zapping below.
- Notice an observation room to the right, a glass chamber in the middle,
and a walkway on the other side of the chamber.
- Step onto the teleporter pad. Read "Teleporter station A. Activate
teleporter sequence. Control station selected destination. Primary
receiving pad A".
- Click to exit Delta Labs Level 2A and teleport to Delta Labs Level 2B.
Hear "System Activated".
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 2
- Shotgun - 6
- Machine Gun - 6
- Grenade - 4
- Chain Gun - 3
- Plasma Gun - 1
- Rocket Launcher - 1
- BFG 9000 - 1
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 5
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 8
- Large Shell - 0
- Small Clip - 8
- Large Clip - 3
- Ammo Belt - 1
- Small Plasma Cell - 13
- Large Plasma Cell - 3
- Small Rocket - 1
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 1
- Combat Armour - 11
- Armour Shard - 42
- Small Health - 8
- Large Health - 11
- Emergency Medical Station - 3
- PDA - 3
- Email - 6
- Audio Log - 4
- Video Disk - 1
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 2
- Adrenaline - 0
- Berserker - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 1
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 3
- Door Locks - 1
- Codes - 3
- Security Clearance Updates - 0
- Objectives - 2
- Characters - 1
- Archvile - 0
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 28
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 3
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 46
- Z-Sector Guard - 0
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0