17. Delta Labs Level 2B
- Dropping through the hole at the end of the Ventilation Duct into the
Specimen Research Lab is a one way trip. There is a way to get there
again but then you can't finish the level.
- In the Specimen Research Lab, when you jump the boxes in the corridor
and duck under the flames to Research Control, a vent falls off behind
you blocking your path back to Dr Michaels - this is a one way trip.
There is a way to get there again but you can't finish the level.
- Clicking to exit Delta Labs Level 2B and transfering to Delta Labs Level
3 is a one way trip.
- Read the Intro: Delta Labs Level 2B as the level
- You still have the mission Reach The Main Portal.
- You can see across the big chamber to where you teleported from in the
previous level. You can't get back over there.
- Note if you return to this room later in the game you will trigger an Imp
(1) on the teleporter pad.
- Exit the chamber through the door to Research Entrance.
- There is an access door around to the left that is inaccessible until you
find the access card for it.
- Find a Small Health (1) near a body as a vent blows off the wall.
- Go up the steps and trigger a Flaming Zombie (1).
- Straight ahead you can see dangling wires, flames and a door beyond. In
the previous level you saw the same sight from the other side of that
- Go right and collect 1 Small Shells (1). You can duck into a tiny room
with flames and collect a Combat Armour (1) but you will take much damage
so it doesn't seem worth the effort.
- Open the door to Teleportation Observation.
- On the right is a headless Zombie (2) who gets up from a bench.
- Find the
BRD Access Card on some seats near where the zombie was sitting.
- Return to Research Entrance.
- Take out the two Imps (2-3) that appear, one from the room and one from
the back wall that lowers.
- Find 3 Armour Shards (1-3), 1 Large Clips (1) and 1 Large Health (1) in
the back alcove.
- Head back to the previously locked access door. Scan your BRD Access Card
and the panel reads "Access granted. Restricted area unlocked. Security
alarm disabled. Work safe".
- Open the door and enter Data Control Terminal.
- Follow the hallway and trigger a Commando Zombie (3) and a Chaingun
Zombie (4). Retrieve the Chain Gun (1).
- See a network of computers completely submerged in liquid, sealed off
- The door on the left to Storage 2 is currently disabled, you'll fix that
- Go up the steps, ignoring the door in front for a moment and over to the
computers on the left. One console reads "Supply storage area. Unlock
storage area. Locked". Click it to unlock Storage 2.
- Now enter the Storage 2 door to Service Area - see below.
- Take the next door to Maintenance Corridor - see below.
- Kill the Zombie (5) to the right.
- To the left is 1 Large Rockets (1).
- To the right is 1 Emergency Medical Station (1) with 100 Health and a
Combat Armour (2).
- Exit back to Data Control Terminal.
- Edge in until you hear Betruger's evil laughs and some thumps. Kill the
Commando Zombie (6) and Zombie (7) that approach, then the teleporting Imp
- Go around the corner and down the steps, past the storage locker and
Francis R. Erikson's PDA (1) sitting on a desk. It contains 2 Emails
- You also get a Security Clearance Update to
Central Access. This will get you past the next door.
- The email titled Locker code change request reveals
that the code to Storage Locker 103 is 259.
- The email titled Martian Buddy Cabinet reveals that there
there is a Martian Buddy Cabinet somewhere in this level - woohoo!
- Step up to Storage Locker 103 and enter code 259. Collect 2 Small Plasma
Cells (1-2), 2 Small Shells (2-3) and 1 Large Health (2).
- Now go back up the steps and follow the path around to a security door. By
virtue of your new Central Access clearance, click the door panel to get
- Open the door to Central Processing .
- An Imp (5) leaps in from the left and 2 Commando Zombies (8-9) argue the
toss with you.
- A Zombie (10) trudges in from the left.
- See an upstairs section above you - that is Central Processing . You
will get there at the end of the level.
- Behind the computers to the left are 2 Small Clips (1-2) and 1 Large
- On the right side of the room is 1 Combat Armour (3) by a locked laptop.
- Hear some strange gurgling noised upstairs. That my friend is the sound of
an archvile, who you haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting. That
pleasure is only a couple of rooms away.
- Head down the steps into Common Area Access.
- Go around the corner. There's an alcove on the right. Move into it and
hear a crash.
- There's are 3 bodies lying near the next corner near blood spattered
- I suggest you select your rocket launcher at this juncture and then move
into the Common Area.
- The lights go out. Upstairs see some commando zombies running. Hear
Betruger's evil laugh as Doom 3's first Archvile teleports in upstairs.
- The archvile has a nasty modus operandi. It summons enemies at specific
teleporter points. The teleporting points and the type of enemies it can
summon are specified for each archvile. Basically, he's bbbbad! To round
off his abilities, the archvile can launch long range fire attacks you. He
is no pussy up close either and can do you severe claw damage. My
recommendation - 2 rockets right in his face or if it teleports in and you
are on the spot, chainsaw it from its ass to it's face.
- Rocket the Archvile (1)
back the hell it came from.
- To the left of the drinks machines is an Adrenaline (1) and 1 Large Health
(4) lying by a body.
- Go right into Research Lab Corridor.
- Walk toward a burst steam pipe. An Imp (6) appears beyond the pipe.
- Go left at the crossroads and start a clockwise circuit of the room.
- There are dangling wires blocking your way to the door to Specimen
Research Lab - you'll get there another way.
- Find 1 Large Health (5) and 4 Armour Shards (4-7) on the floor near a
disabled door that leads to nowhere.
- Continue around and back to the crossroads and then left toward the next
door. A Commando Zombie (11) comes through the door and attacks.
- Open the door to Supply Lift Access .
- Kill the Chaingun Zombie (12) behind the crates and take his Chain Gun
- Find 3 Armour Shards (8-10) behind the crates.
- Step onto the Supply Lift.
- Click on "Raise lift" and immediately pull back off the lift.
- Drop down into Supply Lift Tunnel for 1 Large Plasma Cells (1), 2 Small
Shells (4-5), 1 Combat Armour (4) and 1 Large Health (6). As you return
back through the tunnel notice the Level 2 lift access you can click to
summon the lift up to level 2 (not required, it's already there).
- Click the panel on the wall to summon the lift back down to level 1. Step
onto the Supply Lift and click "Raise lift".
- Step off the lift to Supply Lift Access .
- Follow the path. Hear an archvile.
- You come out to Upper Office Corridor.
- You are on the balcony overlooking the Common Area below that you were in
- Rocket the Archvile (2) that appears in the doorway below.
- Kill the Imp (7) that attacks from the vent to the right.
- The door around to the left is disabled and leads to nowhere, so head
- Duck into the Ventilation Duct.
- Follow the duct. Hear strange sounds.
- Overhear someone in a room below say "Interesting" just before the
- To the right is 4 Armour Shards (11-14).
- To the left is a hole. Look down and see someone examining a dead imp on
- Drop through a hole into the Specimen Research Lab - this is a one way
- Meet and talk to
Dr Michaels who is examining a dead imp specimen. He is looking at a
Medical Scanner "Internal Comparison Chart". Dr Michaels reveals that in
the next room, the
2 storage lockers take code 624.
- To your left is the other side of the door you saw in Research Lab
- There's an Emergency Medical Station (2) with 100 Health on the wall.
- Notice 2 specimens behind glass, one glass chamber is empty, presumably
the specimen being examined by Dr Michaels.
- Notice the laptop with a "Specimen 125 lateral cranial X-ray".
- More computers show other scan and autopsy information.
- Go into the next room with where the storage cabinets are located.
Storage Cabinet 216 enter 624 and collect 1 Large Plasma Cells (2),
1 Ammo Belt (1) and 1 Large Shells (1).
Storage Cabinet 217 enter 624 and collect 1 BFG Cells (1), 1 Grenades
(1) and 1 Combat Armour (5).
- Exit the room. The way out of the area is over the cardboard boxes
blocking the corridor.
- Around the corner duck under the flames as a vent falls off behind you
blocking your path back to Dr Michaels - this is a one way trip.
- Enter Research Control.
- Turn the corner and kill the Imp (8) out in the main room.
- Move forward until the lights in the room go out and an Archvile (3)
appears on the balcony above - use your rockets. You'll get to that
balcony later in the level.
- Kill the 1 Imp (9) that gets spawned.
- Wipe the Commando Zombie (13) who jumps down from the upper balcony.
- Go right, as you pass a disabled door, a Commando Zombie (14) unlocks the
door from the other side and attacks.
- Explore the room now in relative peace. On the right half of the room are
3 specimens, a bench with 2 Small Health (2-3), some computers and a white
- The left side of the room are only computers monitoring stuff and a
trolley packed with some boxes.
- Open the door to the Stasis Chamber.
- As you walk in you can hear a video disk
Specimen Stasis Museum playing on a
monitor overhead. You'll find your copy of this video disk later in the
- There are 6 stasis chambers in the room, 5 of them containing specimens
and one empty. There is a computer connected to each chamber and you can
download an email for each of the 5 specimens.
- Approach stasis chamber 1 and download the Email (3) titled
Specimen 197 -Imp. The imp inside tries to
- Approach stasis chamber 3 and download the Email (4) titled
Specimen 42 -Living Dead (partial). You don't get to face this enemy
in the game.
- Approach stasis chamber 4 and download the Email (5) titled
Specimen 27 - Imp (partial).
- Approach stasis chamber 5 and download the Email (6) titled
Specimen 31 - Hellknight (partial). You do have the pleasure of
meeting the S.O.B. in later levels.
- Approach stasis chamber 6 and download the Email (7) titled
Specimen 218 - Revenant.
- Approach the back left door. Get assigned the objective
Second Floor Access. You will open this
door from the other side later in the level.
- Open the back right door to Stasis Control Junction.
- As you walk in, you hear the voice of Jacob Stemmons "Hello, is anyone
there? Hello, is someone up there? Please unlock the service hatch. Hello
I'm trapped down here. Please help me. If anyone can hear me, please get
me out". Don't rush, sad to relate there is nothing you can do for poor
Jacob, it's all scripted.
- To the left you can look through the glass into Lift Access  - you'll
get there later.
- The door straight ahead is disabled and leads nowhere.
- Go up the steps, ignoring the door for a moment.
- To the right is a panel reading "Service access". Click it to open the
hatchway on your left as Jacob was imploring you to do.
- Enter the hatchway to Maintenance Area 4 - see below.
- Open the door to Stasis Transfer  - see below.
- Climb down the ladder. Hear "What! No. Oh God no, arggghhh" as an imp
shreds poor Jacob.
- Follow the dark path to the end, killing the Imp (10) responsible for the
massacre of Jacob.
Jacob L. Stemmons's PDA (2) beside his mutilated body. It contains
2 Emails (8-9). The email titled
Storage Locker Update reveals that the
code to Storage Locker 213 is 371.
- On the right wall is a ladder. Climb it and collect 1 Large Clips (2),
1 Large Plasma Cells (3), 1 Large Health (7) and 1 Combat Armour (6). The
disabled hatchway door leads to nowhere.
- Climb back down the ladder and backtrack out to Stasis Control Junction -
- Kill the Imp (11) that attacks.
- Go right and down the stairs to the "Chamber Deployment Station". If you
click "Activate conveyor" then an imp in a chamber will rise up and the
chamber will follow the yellow track winding to the end of the section and
then disappear into the wall. Another imp chamber rises and the cycle
repeats. This seems to be an ingenious way to add light to this very dark
section - the chamber is brightly lit.
- Start a right wall hug of the area, always staying near the right wall.
- Kill an Imp (12) guarding 2 Large Clips (3-4).
- Further on kill another Imp (13) near 2 Small Plasma Cells (3-4).
- Find a Plasma Gun (1) on a crate as 2 Imps (14-15) attack.
- Find 1 Large Plasma Cells (4) and 1 Combat Armour (7) at the bottom of
- Kill an Imp (16) near the steps leading up to a door. As you near the
steps and Imp (17) attacks from behind.
- Duck under the stairs for 4 Armour Shards (15-18) and 1 Large Clips (5).
- Go up the stairs and open the door to Stasis Transfer Control.
Storage Locker 213 and enter code 371. Collect 1 Large Shells (2),
1 Large Clips (6) and 1 Large Plasma Cells (5).
- Near the computers on the wall is an Emergency Medical Station (3) with
- Through the windows you can see the imp chambers come past and get sprayed
with a red substance before continuing into the next section.
- Open the door to Stasis Transfer .
- Kill the Imp (18) that leap attacks you from the left.
- Move down the stairs and an Imp (19) tries to ambush you from the door
- Under the stairs are 1 Large Clips (7) and 1 Small Shells (6).
- Start a right wall hug of the area.
- Kill 2 Imps (20-21) guarding 1 Large Rockets (2) and 1 Large Clips (8).
- You end up at some machines and a trolley near a door. Behind the trolley
is 1 Combat Armour (8).
- Enter the door to Lift Access .
- Destroy the Imp (22) that leaps at you.
- Edge forward and kill another Imp (23) who rolls in from the left.
- Go to the security door panel on the right and click it to unlock the door
out to the Stasis Chamber where you were earlier.
- Move in toward the lift.
- Find 1 Small Plasma Cells (5) on the floor and the video disk titled
Specimen Stasis Museum (1) on some
- Step onto the Lift.
- This completes the objective Second Floor Access.
- Click raise lift.
- Step off into Lift Access .
- There are several magazines strewn on the floor.
- Go left into Analysis Corridor.
- An Imp (24) bursts out from an alcove in front of you when the wall
- As you collect the 3 Armour Shards (19-21) in the alcove another Imp (25)
attacks bursting through a panel to the right.
- Open the next door to Analysis Control.
- Walk in to the sound of a video disk playing on two overhead monitors,
Soul Cube. You'll pick up your copy soon.
- The computers on the left are just for show.
- Out in the middle of the room is the "MXR Imaging Scanner". It reads
"Current research artifact scan: U1". Click "Focus scan matrix". The panel
now reads "Error. Specified artifact not found". You may as well click
"Unfocus scanner" to turn the machine off.
- Head over to the computers at the back of the room.
Larry A. Bullman's PDA (3) on the computer console. It contains 4
Emails (10-13) and 1 Audio Log (1).
- Head down to the end and collect the video disk
Soul Cube (2).
- Collect 3 Armour Shards (22-24) on the floor. There is a Emergency Medical
Station (4) with 50 Health on the wall.
- Now head over to the storage locker on the other side of the room. Notice
a yellow post-it note on the locker near the panel with 3-7-2 written on
it. This reveals that the code to Storage Cabinet 666 is 372.
- The panel reads "Open with caution". Stand to the right side of the locker
and key in the code 372 and kill the Imp (26) that springs out.
- Collect the Combat Armour (9) beyond the body parts the imp was feasting
- As you head for the next door you hear Betruger: "I have the soul cube in
Hell and you will never find it".
- Open the door to Research Control Corridor.
- Take out the Imp (27) climbing over the railing and the Commando Zombie
(15) running at you.
- Look over the railing into Research Control where you were earlier in the
- Follow the path to the next door to Central Processing .
- Kill the Chaingun Zombie (16) and the approaching Commando Zombie (17).
Take the Chain Gun (3) left behind.
- Move straight ahead to trigger an Imp (28) from a left wall trap.
- Now do a circuit of the room. There are two locked doors, one to Storage
07 and one to Level 3 Access.
- Look over the red railing to Central Processing . It is actually
possible to jump over the railing. You need to perform a run, jump and
duck manoeuvre. If you land on the line of computers below you won't take
any damage. This is a way to get back to the first half of the level.
Unfortunately when you retrace your steps you get blocked in the Specimen
Research Lab by the metal panel that won't let you through to Research
- Enter Elizabeth McNeil's inner office through the glass door to Technical
Director Office - see below.
- Approach Storage 07 and enter 725. Enter Secure Storage - see below.
- Approach Level 3 Access and enter 463. Open the door to Level 3 Access -
- Turn left and find 1 Large Clips (9), 1 Small Clips (3) and 3 Small Plasma
Cells (6-8) on the left shelves.
- Find 1 Large Rockets (3), 1 Large Shells (3) and 1 Combat Armour (10) on
the right shelves.
- Find an Emergency Medical Station (5) with 100 Health on the back wall.
- To the right of the door is a
Free Stuff Martian Buddy Locker. Key in 0508 and collect a BFG 9000
(1) and 1 Combat Armour (11).
- Exit back to Central Processing .
- An Archvile (4) teleports in. Greet him with a chainsaw cha-cha.
- Kill the Commando Zombie (18) who comes through the door behind you.
- Avoid the flames from the burst pipe.
- Click the elevator panel and enter the Elevator.
- Click to exit Delta Labs Level 2B and transfer to Delta Labs Level 3.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 1
- Chain Gun - 3
- Plasma Gun - 1
- Rocket Launcher - 3
- BFG 9000 - 1
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 0
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 6
- Large Shell - 3
- Small Clip - 3
- Large Clip - 9
- Ammo Belt - 1
- Small Plasma Cell - 8
- Large Plasma Cell - 5
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 0
- BFG Cell - 1
- Combat Armour - 11
- Armour Shard - 24
- Small Health - 3
- Large Health - 7
- Emergency Medical Station - 5
- PDA - 4
- Email - 16
- Audio Log - 1
- Video Disk - 2
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 1
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 1
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 6
- Door Locks - 2
- Codes - 6
- Security Clearance Updates - 1
- Objectives - 1
- Characters - 1
- Archvile - 4
- Cacodemon - 0
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 28
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 0
- Wraith - 0
- Zombie - 18
- Z-Sector Guard - 0
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0