23. Central Server Banks
- Exiting CPU Access and entering CPU to meet Sabaoth (aka Sarge) is a one
- Clicking to exit Central Server Banks and transferring to Site 3 is a one
- Read the Intro: Central Server Banks as the level
- You still have the mission Stop Sarge.
- Move forward. Sarge says "I am waiting for you, waiting to kill you".
- There's an Emergency Medical Station (1) with 80 Health on the left wall.
- At the end of the hall is 1 Rocket Launcher (1) and 1 Combat Armour (1) on
either side of a skeleton.
- Go left and start a clockwise circuit of the area.
- Trigger 2 Imps (1-2), 2 Trites (1-2), 1 Chaingun Zombie (1) with a Chain
Gun (1) and 4 Trites (3-6).
- Collect Grenades (1) by a pillar and 1 Large Health (1) on the other side
of the pillar.
- At the corner notice storage doors 1,2 and 3 are disabled. They will open
later to release more enemies.
- Find 1 Small Plasma Cells (1) behind another pillar.
- Collect the Adrenaline (1) on a crate.
- Follow the corridor around into a large computer room.
- Sarge says "I look into your soul and see fear".
- A Revenant (1) appears at the other end of the room, then an Archvile (1)
attacks from behind you and 5 Wraiths (1-5).
- Go to the left corner and collect 1 Large Shells (1) and 1 Ammo Belt (1),
triggering an Archvile (2), 2 Wraiths (6-7) and 1 Imp (3).
- Ignore the door to Central Bridge, you've got to complete the circuit of
the area first.
- Find 1 Large Health (2) in another corner.
- On the other side of the room find 1 Grenades (2), 1 Combat Armour (2),
1 Ammo Belt (2), 1 Large Health (3) and 1 Adrenaline (2).
- Exit the room through the open doorway and head back around to the right.
- Collect 1 Large Health (4) and then 1 Small Plasma Cells (2).
- Pass storage doors 4,5, 6 that will open shortly and collect 1 Large
Clips (1) as you head back to the T intersection to complete your circuit.
- At the intersection you will trigger 1 Chaingun Zombie (2) with a Chain
Gun (2), 2 Revenants (2-3) and 6 Trites (7-12) from the storage rooms on
either side of you.
- Now head back to the main server room and open the door to Central Bridge.
- Collect 4 Armour Shards (1-4).
- Move out to the edge of a huge chamber with lava below.
- Turn left and access the CPU Bridge Call Station and click "Call bridge".
Hear "Warning security bridge in motion" and watch the large mechanical
bridge form out in the middle.
- Step onto the bridge and trigger 3 Cacodemons (1-3).
- Approach the CPU Bridge Access Control. Hear "Select bridge destination".
- You can access 4 areas, "CPU Bank" where you've just come from and 3 other
locations. Accessing "Central Processing" requires a security clearance
- Press "Storage". The bridge rotates 90 degrees. Walk off and enter Storage
- Turn left and enter the door to Storage 1 as an Imp (4) teleports behind
you - see below.
- Head around to the right and trigger 3 Commando Zombies (3-5).
- Collect the 1 Large Shells (2) at the end of the hall.
- Open the door to Main Storage - see below.
- Find 8 Armour Shards (5-12) on the floor and 2 Ammo Belts (3-4) on shelves
to the left.
- Exit back to Storage Hall - see above.
- You can hear a revenant breathing somewhere nearby.
- Collect the BFG Cells (1) and 1 Small Health (1) on a crate and trigger
the Revenant (4) from an alcove behind a wall the lowers nearby.
- Collect 4 Armour Shards (13-16) in the alcove.
- Now head in toward the shelves. They are all empty.
- Approach and open the door and kill the Revenant (5) inside and quickly
take out the Archvile (3) and 2 Wraiths (8-9) that teleport behind you.
- Enter the door to the Armory.
- On the left rack is 2 Small Plasma Cells (3-4) and 2 Small Bullets (1-2).
- On the left back rack is 3 Small Plasma Cells (5-7) and 1 Plasma Gun (1).
- On the right back rack is 2 Large Clips (2-3) and 2 Ammo Belts (5-6).
- On crates to the right are 1 Large Rockets (1), 1 Combat Armour (3) and
1 Large Shells (3).
- Make your way back to Central Bridge.
- Take out a Cacodemon (4) that waits for you.
- Select "Server Bank" and the bridge rotates again. Walk off the bridge
and open the door to Serverbanks Entrance.
- Kill 2 Imps (5-6) that teleport in and the Commando Zombie (6).
- Collect the Large Rockets (2) and 1 Large Clips (4) in the small room with
- Take either of two doors to Serverbanks .
- Move forward and trigger a Commando Zombie (7) in the room below and an
Imp (7) in the previous room.
- The windows overlooking Serverbanks  are all breakable.
- If you approach the next door and then do a 180 you can see some items on
a platform out in the middle of the next room. You will come back here to
collect these items when the entire area is clear of enemies.
- Open the door to Serverbanks Control.
- Take out 3 Trites (13-15) coming up the stairs.
- Go right and collect 1 Large Clips (5) and 1 Large Shells (4) on a bench.
Kill the 2 Trites (16-17) that spawn.
- Now head down the next two flights of stairs and trigger an Imp (8) in an
alcove to the right.
- Open the next door to Serverbanks .
- Kill the 2 Imps (9-10) that teleport in.
- Find 5 Armour Shards (17-21) to the left.
- Follow the path around to the right into an inner office.
- Find 2 Small Plasma Cells (8-9) and 2 Small Clips (1-2).
- Collect 1 Large Health (5) and Steve H. Tooloose's PDA (1) on a console.
It contains 2 Emails (1-2). You also obtain a Security Clearance Update to
- There's an Information Terminal playing the video disk
BFG 9000 Briefing. You'll find your copy of the video disk shortly.
- Head out of the room. Hear Sarge "I can smell your fear".
- Return to Serverbanks .
- When you enter the room, in front of you is a platform in Serverbanks 
that has a ledge with goodies. You can jump over to that ledge. The jump
is a little tricky and may take a few retries. You can make the jump by
running and jumping off the very edge with no crouching required. Some
people have noticed that crouching during the jump can help make the jump
- Collect the 1 Large Rockets (3), 1 Ammo Belt (7) and 1 Large Plasma Cells
(1) on the ledge.
- Drop safely off onto a computer lying on its side and make your way all
the way back to Central Bridge.
- Press "Central Processing". Hear "Security clearance accepted".
- Kill the 2 Cacodemons (5-6) that spawn.
- Hear the Sarge: "I am waiting for you, waiting to kill you".
- Walk off the bridge and enter the door to CPU Access.
- To the right find 1 Large Rockets (4), 2 Ammo Belts (8-9), 2 Large Health
(6-7) and 1 Large Clips (6).
- On the console collect the Video Disk (1) titled
BFG 9000 Briefing.
- Now select your rocket launcher, take a deep breath and open the next door
to CPU to face Doom 3's 3rd Boss Sabaoth (aka Sarge) - this is a one way
- You battle the Sarge in a large square room with 4 pillars inset from the
corners of the room. The pillars charge with electricity from time to time
and you can take damage if you get too close.
- The corners of the room are not safe, consisting of several retracting
ledges that only come out to support the Sarge's movements. You will fall
to your death in the corners. You need to stick to the cross shaped
section of the room.
- The Sarge begins from a garage opposite where you come in. He is a fusion
of a man and a tank. He has two attacks. His long range attack is the BFG
9000 (that he acquired from Jack Campbell). You can shoot the blasts or
avoid them. In melee combat the Sarge will claw you.
- I highly recommend rocket launcher to take down Sarge.
- When you first see the Sarge he says "Welcome to the mess hall". He says
other lines during the battle like "On your knees soldier" and "Know what
it means to die soldier".
- There are several items in the room that you should be aware of so you can
get them when you need them:
- Near the front left pillar is 1 Large Health (8) and 1 Adrenaline
- Near the front right pillar is 1 Small Plasma Cells (10).
- Near the back left pillar is 1 Small Plasma Cells (11) and 1 Combat
- Near the back right pillar is 1 Small Health (2).
- The left alcove that opens up during the battle contains 1 Combat
Armour (5) and 5 Armour Shards (22-26).
- The right alcove that opens during the battle contains 2 Large
Health (9-10) and 1 Small Health (3).
- All of the above lends itself to the following strategy:
- Stick to the Cross. Only go to the pillars to collect items and
never go to the corners.
- At the start blast 5 rockets right into Sarge's face as he moves
across the room toward you - this really softens him up.
- When he gets close start moving to avoid his melee attack and any
BFG he may shoot at you.
- Fire off another 5 rockets or so and the Sarge is your bitch.
- Kill the
Sabaoth (aka Sarge) (1).
- Enjoy the Sarge's death cutscene. Collect the BFG 9000. Your inventory
should now be complete - you have all weapons available in the game.
- Receive a Tip (1) on Use Of The BFG.
- You can regard the mission Stop Sarge as having been fulfilled. You are
assigned a new mission Find The Hell Portal.
- You can climb up on top of the Sarge and jump up and down on his head if
you are so inclined :-)
- Now enter Sarge's Garage.
- Locate an open vent to the left that you can duck into.
- Follow it into Sub Level 9.
- Follow the duct out and into a large room.
- Walk down the angled pipes and over to the catwalk.
- Find 8 Armour Shards (27-34), 1 Large Shells (5) and 2 Small Clips (3-4).
- The door to Stoarage 03 is disabled and leads nowhere.
- Follow the catwalk around to the Site 3 maintenance lift. Click the panel.
- Enter the lift.
- Click to exit Central Server Banks and transfer to Site 3.
- This completes the mission Find The Hell Portal.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 0
- Shotgun - 0
- Machine Gun - 0
- Grenade - 2
- Chain Gun - 2
- Plasma Gun - 1
- Rocket Launcher - 1
- BFG 9000 - 1
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 2
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 0
- Large Shell - 5
- Small Clip - 4
- Large Clip - 6
- Ammo Belt - 9
- Small Plasma Cell - 11
- Large Plasma Cell - 1
- Small Rocket - 0
- Large Rocket - 4
- BFG Cell - 1
- Combat Armour - 5
- Armour Shard - 34
- Small Health - 3
- Large Health - 10
- Emergency Medical Station - 1
- PDA - 1
- Email - 2
- Audio Log - 0
- Video Disk - 1
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 3
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 0
- Storage Room 11 Key - 0
- Storage Lockers - 0
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 0
- Security Clearance Updates - 1
- Objectives - 0
- Characters - 0
- Archvile - 3
- Cacodemon - 6
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 0
- Imp - 10
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 5
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 17
- Wraith - 9
- Zombie - 7
- Z-Sector Guard - 0
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 1
- Cyberdemon - 0