25. Caverns-Area 1
- Lowering the lift in "Heavy Transfer Lift 1" to "Sub Chamber 2 " is a
one way trip.
- Dropping off the crane onto the other side of the chasm in B2 Material
Transfer Lift  is a one way trip.
- Clicking to exit Caverns-Area 1 and transferring to Caverns-Area 2 is a
one way trip.
- Read the Intro: Caverns-Area 1 as the level loads.
- You've been assigned a new mission
Destroy The Hell Gate.
- Enjoy a short elevator ride to the cavern below.
- Exit the elevator and hear Betruger laugh as stones fall from the roof and
12 Trites (1-12) attack. They are easiest take from the stairs in the
- Find 14 Armour Shards (1-14), 1 Small Health (1) and 1 Machine Gun (1)
strewn around the room and 1 Large Clips (1) on a trolley.
- The door ahead is disabled and leads nowhere.
- Go up the stairs and trigger an Imp (1) on the catwalk.
- You can see into the building on the right at various windows. You'll get
- Near the end of the catwalk trigger 2 Wraiths (1-2).
- Find 1 Ammo Belt (1) on a crate and 1 Combat Armour (1) behind the crates.
- Open the next door to Base 1 Materials Transfer .
- Open the next door to Base 1 Materials Transfer .
- Kill the Imp (2) that teleports.
- Find an Emergency Medical Station (1) with 82 Health on the left wall.
- Collect 2 Small Clips (1-2) and 1 Small Shells (1) on the floor and 2
Small Plasma Cells (1-2) on a sidways cabinet.
- Find 1 Small Rockets (1) in a closet.
- Open the door to Base 1 Materials Transfer .
- Kill the 2 Wraiths (3-4) that teleport behind.
- Find 1 BFG Cells (1) by the computer console.
- A skeleton is on a chair. Read the half finished message on the computer:
"Administrator Access. Emergency message channel. Marked urgent - priority
1. Security request from admin: Gibson Goldstein. In need of immediate
assistance. Multiple injury reports coming in following an explosion of
unknown origin. Weapons fire can be heard from my sta".
- Gibson Goldstein is a reference to www.shacknews.com, a gamers site
founded/owned by Steve Gibson. Maarten Goldstein is a php programmer at
- Open the door to Base1 Junction.
- Kill the Chaingun Zombie (1) walking away from you and take his Chain Gun
- Move forward and kill 4 Wraiths (5-8) at the T-intersection.
- The way to the right is blocked by rocks, collect the 1 Small Shells (2).
- Go left picking up a Shotgun (1) by skeletons.
- Hear something scamper away.
- Open the next door to Base1 Junction 2.
- Hear a strange sound.
- Take the next door to Containment Monitoring.
- Move forward and trigger an Archvile (1) and 2 Wraiths (9-10). The door
behind you is temporarily disabled.
- Back in the previous room trigger 2 Chaingun Zombies (2-3) with 2 Chain
- If you head back toward the start you will trigger 2 Wraiths (11-12) as
- Find 1 Large Health (1) on the computer console.
- Around the other side of the room is 1 Adrenaline (1) and 1 Small
- Down the steps are 2 Large Plasma Cells (1-2).
- Open the next door and take out the Imp (3) and 9 Trites (12-21) inside.
- Enter Base1 Junction 3.
- On the left is an Emergency Medical Station (2) with 32 Health.
- Up the steps is 2 Large Clips (2-3), 1 Machine Gun (2) and 1 Combat Armour
- Take the next door to Heavy Transfer Lift 1.
- Get assigned the objective Access Lower Levels.
- To your right is an electrified track leading down to Sub Chamber 2 .
You'll be going there later.
- The door further along the catwalk is one you'll be coming out of later.
- Walk around to the offline lift access panel. You will need to access this
panel before you can use it.
- Walk further and find a panel "Maintenance Access" on the wall. Click
"Extend ladder". Climb the ladder to the upper catwalk - this is a one way
trip in that you won't be able to climb the ladder again but you can still
get back up there another way.
- Edge forward and trigger 2 Cacodemons (1-2).
- Leap over to the yellow scaffolding and duck through the open window on
the right into Heavy Lift Control.
- Approach the Cargo Lift Access and "Unlock cargo lift controls". Read
"Lift control access online". This has enabled the disabled panel you
- Go up the steps and find 9 Armour Shards (15-23) on the floor and 1 Small
Health (1) on the consoles.
- Take the next door to Storage 2D.
- Hear more steps running away.
- On the right wall a metal fence is 1 BFG Cells (2) on the right shelf and
3 Small Shells (4-6) and 1 Large Clips (4) on the left shelf.
- Approach the panel and call the lift.
- Enter the lift and lower it to Living Quarters 1A.
- Find 2 Small Plasma Cells (3-4) in an alcove.
- Go down the steps and collect 2 Armour Shards (24-25) and 1 Small Rockets
(2). This triggers 10 Trites (22-31) out of the woodwork around the room.
- You can read Bill Kirtley's Cargo Transfer Log on the computer.
"Shipment manifest details. This shipment contains various small artifacts
packaged in the lower level research area. Items were packaged quickly due
to the shutdown deadline however damage should be minimal. Authorized by
Transfer coordinator Bill Kirtley".
- Exit out to Heavy Transfer Lift 1.
- You'll notice that the "Call cargo lift" panel is now enabled and the
"Extend access ladder" is now broken.
- Click "Call cargo lift". Hear "Service lift called to station" as a
Hellknight (1) and 3 Imps (4-6) teleport in to object.
- The elevator finally arrives. This completes the objective
Access Lower Levels.
- Walk onto the lift and press "Transfer to caverns lower level" and start
a long descent through Main Transfer Lift Shaft - this is a one way trip.
- You empty out in Sub Chamber 2 .
- Across the lava, rocket the Chaingun Zombie (4) up on a platform on the
other side of the pit. You'll collect his Chain Gun (4) later.
- Edge forward and slide down to the lava level.
- An Archvile (2) teleports to the platform across the lava - rocket his
ass. A Hellknight (2), 1 Wraith (13) and 2 Cacodemons (3-4) spawn in quick
- Carefully cross the lava.
- Find 1 Large Health (2) by some twisted metal, 3 Armour Shards (26-28) by
a pillar, 1 Combat Armour (3) by another pillar, 1 Large Health (3) by a
pipe and 1 Small Rockets (3) in a corner.
- Approach the maintenance access panel and click "Open access hatch".
- A ladder extends on the other side of the pillar. Climb it.
- Kill a Wraith (14) that appears when you get to the top.
- Find 1 Large Shells (1) and 1 BFG Cells (3) in the corner behind some
- Open the door to Environment Monitoring.
- Kill the Imp (7) to the left and the Wraith (15) straight ahead.
- Collect the Combat Armour (4) on a crate.
- There's an Emergency Medical Station (3) with 32 Health on the left wall.
- Walk onto the lift in the back corner and raise it to the upper level.
- Hear Betruger's laugh as an Imp (8) attacks from the left, a Trite (32)
attacks from the right and an Imp (9) teleports in.
- Approach the door to the left and get assigned a new objective
- Head over to the next door past the welding unit.
- Open the door to Sub Chamber 2 .
- Kill the 2 Cacodemons (5-6) outside.
- Head around to the right and up the ladder.
- At the top drop over the railing to the platform below and find 1 Plasma
Gun (1) and 2 Small Plasma Cells (5-6) near a skeleton.
- Drop to the ledge below and climb back up the ladder.
- Head toward the next door as an Imp (10) leaps out.
- Open the door to Thermal Regulation Pump .
- Find 1 Pistol (1) and 2 Small Bullets (1-2) near a skeleton.
- Take the 1st ladder to a ledge below.
- Take the 2nd ladder to a ledge below.
- Take the 3rd ladder to a ledge below. Find 3 Armour Shards (29-31).
- Look below you, there are 4 platforms distributed clockwise around the
4 walls looking from above. The platforms extend and retract from the wall
periodically. They form a path down.
- Run off onto the 1st platform when it is extended. When it retracts run
off onto the 2nd platform. Repeat. When the 4th platform retracts, run off
onto the catwalk below - you should take no damage.
- Climb down a ladder right through the middle of a rotating fan.
- Ignore the Maintenance Access panel for the moment.
- To the right find 2 Armour Shards (32-33) and then in the corner 1 Ammo
Belt (2), 1 Grenades (1) and 1 Small Rockets (4).
- Jump over the pipes and collect 2 Small Health (3-4), 3 Armour Shards
(34-36) and 1 Large Plasma Cells (3).
- Duck under the pipe to the right and meet and speak with
J. Katayama. He's afraid your voice will alert the enemy.
- Collect the
Caverns Access keycard. This completes the objective
- Also collect 1 Large Shells (2) and 1 Shotgun (2) on the left shelf.
- Now exit back to the walkway and approach the Maintenance Access panel.
Click "Extend access ladder". Read "Access ladder extended". Behind you
a long ladder extending all the way back up the middle of the area has
- Climb the ladder up the ledge, then climb the 3 ladders you came down by
to get back to the top.
- Notice some goodies behind a grate as you climb the 3rd ladder - you'll
get them in due course.
- At the top exit back to Sub Chamber 2 .
- Kill the 5 Cacodemons (7-11) that appear out to the left.
- Go down the ladder and back into Environmental Monitoring.
- Kill the Wraith (16) waiting for you.
- Scan your new
Caverns Access keycard and enter B1 Conference Room 1.
- Kill 3 Trites (33-35).
Robert O. Cody's PDA (1). It contains 2 Emails (1-2) and 1 Audio Log
- Find 1 Large Clips (5) to the left and 5 Armour Shards (37-41) on the
- Read the information on the large
- You can open the shutters on the wall and let in some light by pressing a
- Open the next door to Sub Chamber 2 .
- Go left and up the ladder.
- Kill the Wraith (17).
- Duck into the hatchway that opens and enter Thermal Regulation Pump  -
- Go back down the ladder and follow the catwalk and trigger 2 Imps (11-12),
the first comes over the railing and the second from the roof.
- Immediately after the imps, 3 Wraiths (18-20) teleport in.
- Enter the next door to B1 Sub Junction 1 - see below.
- Collect 1 Combat Armour (5), 1 Machine Gun (3), 1 Grenades (2), 1 Small
Rockets (5), 1 BFG Cells (4) and 2 Large Clips (6-7).
- Exit back to Sub Chamber 2  - see above.
- Turn the corner and some rubble falls from the roof in the next room.
- Take the steps down. Now be careful because floor panels will fall out
as you move in this area and you can fall to a lava death.
- First go right and around the corner just far enough to trigger an Imp
(13) behind you.
- Now return to the base of the stairs and walk along the other path,
avoiding the floor tiles that fall. Kill a Wraith (21) at the corner.
- Collect a Large Health (4) near some barrels.
- Follow the path and trigger an Imp (14), 1 Chaingun Zombie (5) with a
Chain Gun (5) and another Imp (15) at the next corner.
- Around the corner take out 2 Chaingun Zombies (6-7) guarding a large door
and relieve them of their 2 Chain Guns (6-7).
- Collect 1 Small Shells (7), 1 Small Health (5) and 1 Small Rockets (6).
- Click the door panel to open the large door to B2 Material Transfer Lift.
- Move forward through the crates and trigger an Imp (16).
- Find 1 Small Health (6), 1 Combat Armour (6) and 1 Adrenaline (2) behind a
stack of crates.
- Another stack of crates has 3 Large Clips (8-10), 5 Machine Guns (4-8) and
1 Large Plasma Cells (4).
- Notice the large yellow crane. When you approach the crane ladder 2
Chaingun Zombies (8-9) with 2 Chain Guns (8-9) teleport behind you and
then 5 Cacodemons (12-16) emerge from the two large orange tusks up on the
sides of the large cavern.
- Look out over the chasm to the platform on the other side. You will need
to use the crane to get over to the other side.
- Look down into the deep chasm. You'll actually get to the bottom alive
at the end of the level.
- Now approach the Crane Operator Access panel. Read "Recall crane to
operator position". It is currently in load position so just climb up
- At the top examine the crane controls. It's currently on 15. You can
rotate the crane 90 degrees between 15 and 105 by using the left/right
arrows in the middle. You can use the up/down arrows on the left to extend
and retract the load arm. Finally the up/down arrows on the right are the
winch controls which are broken and fortunately not needed.
- Press the right arrow to rotate the crane to 105. Extend the load to
maximum extension by pressing the up arrow on the left side of the panel.
- You may receive a Tip (1)
Manipulating The Crane.
- Turn right and climb up the side of the crane and walk out onto the yellow
arm and onto the load. Look down, you should see that you are lined up
above some pipes with 1 Small Health (7) below you. Drop down onto the
pipe collecting the health - this is a one way trip.
- Drop off the pipe onto the catwalk and kill the Imp (17) that climbs onto
the walkway and a Cacodemon (17) that appears from one of the orange
- Inside one pipe is 5 Armour Shards (42-46). Inside another pipe is 2 Small
Plasma Cells (7-8).
- Follow the path around toward the office.
- Open the door and kill the Imp (18) that leaps at you from the left.
- Collect 1 Grenades (3) on a console.
- Open the next door to B1 Sub Junction 2.
- Follow the path into Personnel Transfer Station.
- At the corner jump in a crate to collect 1 Small Plasma Cells (9) and 1
Small Rockets (7).
- Go down the stairs.
- Collect 1 Large Shells (3) and 1 Large Clips (11) by an overturned closet.
- By the lava pit you can duck into the pipes and follow them around to 6
Armour Shards (47-52) and 1 Large Rockets (1). Exit back out.
- There's an Ammo Belt (3) on crates and 1 Combat Armour (7) behind the
- There are 3 doors into the next area all opened from the panel "Open all
Sub Level 1 security doors". Click it and read "Authenticating security.
Unknown error", then all of the lights go out.
- In teleport 3 Imps (19-21), 2 Wraiths (22-23) and a Chaingun Zombie (10)
with a Chain Gun (10) back up the stairs.
- An inner lift has now been revealed. Call the inner level 1 lift.
- It arrives with a Hellknight (3) inside! Dispatch it quickly.
- Enter the lift and click "Transfer lift to sublevel 1".
- Take a ride through Transfer Shaft 2A and finally end at Materials
- Walk down the steps and through the crates and kill an Archvile (3) and
an Imp (22).
- Back near the lift in the corner find 1 Grenades (4), 1 Large Health (5),
and 1 Large Clips (12) on a crate.
- Find 2 Large Health (6-7) behind some crates in one corner.
- In another corner is an Ammo Belt (4) behind crates.
- Head into the hallway and kill a Wraith (24) to the left.
- Head toward the door to the right and trigger an Imp (23) on the left.
- Where the imp came from you will find 5 Armour Shards (53-57).
- Open the next door to B2 Material Transfer Lift .
- Take out the Chaingun Zombie (11) weilding a Chain Gun (11) across the
- Move forward and trigger 3 Cacodemons (18-20).
- Walk across the lava along the twisted bridge.
- Pass the crane, the same on you were on the top of earlier.
- Go up the steps and enter the door to Sub Station 3 Transfer.
- Collect 1 Large Clips (13) and 2 Small Plasma Cells (10-11) on a crate.
- Collect 1 Combat Armour (8) and 2 BFG Cells (5-6) on the right.
- On the left find 1 Large Health (8) on a crate and an Ammo Belt (5) beside
- Call the lift.
- Click to exit Caverns-Area 1 and transfer to Caverns-Area 2.
- New Weapons
- New Enemies
- Pistol - 1
- Shotgun - 2
- Machine Gun - 8
- Grenade - 4
- Chain Gun - 11
- Plasma Gun - 1
- Rocket Launcher - 0
- BFG 9000 - 0
- Chainsaw - 0
- Soul Cube - 0
- Small Bullet - 2
- Large Bullet - 0
- Small Shell - 7
- Large Shell - 3
- Small Clip - 2
- Large Clip - 13
- Ammo Belt - 5
- Small Plasma Cell - 11
- Large Plasma Cell - 4
- Small Rocket - 7
- Large Rocket - 1
- BFG Cell - 6
- Combat Armour - 8
- Armour Shard - 57
- Small Health - 7
- Large Health - 8
- Emergency Medical Station - 3
- PDA - 1
- Email - 2
- Audio Log - 1
- Video Disk - 0
- Air Canister - 0
- Backpack - 0
- Adrenaline - 2
- Berserker - 0
- Flashlight - 0
- ACO Keycard - 0
- Maintenance Key 4 - 0
- Military Transmission Card - 0
- Data Linker - 0
- Plasma Inducer - 0
- BRD Access Card - 0
- DLib Replacement Panel - 0
- Caverns Access - 1
- Storage Lockers - 0
- Door Locks - 0
- Codes - 0
- Security Clearance Updates - 0
- Objectives - 2
- Characters - 1
- Archvile - 3
- Cacodemon - 20
- Cherub - 0
- Hellknight - 3
- Imp - 23
- Lost Soul - 0
- Maggot - 0
- Mancubus - 0
- Pinky Demon - 0
- Revenant - 0
- Tick - 0
- Trite - 35
- Wraith - 24
- Zombie - 11
- Z-Sector Guard - 0
- Vagary - 0
- Guardian - 0
- Sabaoth - 0
- Cyberdemon - 0