How to use the custom ships (instructions stolen from Chuckles)
1. Download the file User.shp from below. (If you have a custom file that you want to save be sure you rename it to something like userA.shp before installing the new User.shp file to the same directory.)
2. Important: Make sure you rename the file to User.shp before you use it.
3. Move the User.shp file into the directory that has all your Tyrian files.
4. Start the ship editor program and then immediately exit it. (This will compile the User.shp file into another file called Newsh$.shp, which can be recognized by your version of Tyrian.)
5. Run Tyrian. Press Tab and the number keys above the keyboard to change between the different ships. Remember that pressing Caps Lock and a number will refill all your ammo and armour.
Tyrian 2000 Full VersionThe full version of Tyrian 2000. This is the version that is available at the Tyrian Repository. Terry Froy has kindly provided a mirror for this file here. You may need DosBox to run it.
Tyrian 2000 Gameboy AdvanceA ROM of the unreleased Gameboy Advance version of Tyrian 2000. A Gameboy Advance emulator required to play it can be found here.
Tyrian 2000 Gameboy ColorA ROM of the unreleased Gameboy Color version of Tyrian 2000. A Gameboy emulator required to play it can be found here.
Tyrian 1.0 SharewareThe original shareware version of Tyrian. It contains the entire first episode in full game, 1 player arcade and 2 player arcade modes.
Tyrian 2000 DemoThe demo version of Tyrian 2000. Windows only. Taken offline to make room for the full version.
Shareware 1.0-1.1 PatchThis patch updates the shareware version of Tyrian v1.0 to v1.1.
Tyrian v2.01 UpgradeThis patch updates the shareware and full versions of Tyrian v2.0 to v2.01.
Tyrian 2000 SoundBlaster Live! PatchThis patch fixes problems with the SoundBlaster Live! card in the Tyrian 2000 full version.
Tyrian 2000 Demo SoundBlaster Live! PatchThis patch fixes problems with the SoundBlaster Live! card in the Tyrian 2000 demo.
Turbo Pascal PatchA patch that fixes a timing bug in Turbo Pascal. Apply it to the Tyrian executables if you get a Runtime error 200 message.
Tyrian Slide-Show PreviewA 15 screen pre-release slide show preview of Tyrian.
ShipEdit Pre-Release VersionCustom ship editor for Tyrian by Jason Emery.
Tyrian XOr Encryption/Decryption UtilityTool for editing cubetxt?.dat, levels?.dat, tyrian.hdt and tyrian.cdt by Kenneth Frank Henderson Jr.
Custom Tyrian levelBrand new level replacing episode 4 by Kenneth Frank Henderson Jr.
GenvoiceProgram for changing the voice samples in Tyrian (eg "Good luck" "Enemies ahead" etc).
TYRHack V1.0Third party weapon/equipment editor by Patrick McCarthy.
Tyrian Cheat Code Document v2.0List of Tyrian cheats and secrets by Jason Emery.
Tyrian 2000 Destruct PatchPatch that makes the Destruct minigame start automatically by Ranger Jakub.
Tyrian Automated Weapon DesignerGenerates a random weapon name and random description.
Tyrian FAQ v0.71The latest version of the FAQ I have. If you have a newer one email me.
Custom Ships8 custom ships for Tyrian made by me. Preview:
Custom ShipsThe ships from Guardian Legend and Axelay made by Bryan Costello. Preview:
Custom ShipsUnknown custom ships. There is only a compiled newsh$.shp in the zip that isn't for my version of Tyrian. So if this works for you please email me.